• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Strakinpak

My Tubo Evic arrived yesterday. So excited! On demand totally puts my mind at ease. I dont have to worry about wasting a bowl ever again.
Ive shown it to friends already, had a good laugh playing flappybird a little.

Thanks Ralph and co, I think the Tubo Evic and me are going to be great friends!

Last edited:

Wicked0ne

I just got my tubo on Monday and have a few questions.

How important are batteries to the tubo? I've been a ecig vapor for a few years and have extra 18650's. I ask because my tubo shows "weak battery" and vapor production is crap. I've already ordered new recommended batteries but they won't be here until next week.

How do you guys pack the glass stem? Tight? Loose? What kind of grind do you all find works best? Powdery/coarse?

This is such a tease having my tubo in front of me but I can't unleash its potential!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
DUDE ! If you batteries are not rated to handle at least 20amps of continuous discharge ,it is dangerous to use them,you can at very least ruin your TUBO or even worse harm yourself.
GET some VTC5/5A/6 or HG2 ... , samsung 30q ... there is a list somewhere with brands that are compatible with TUBO,you also must have received a printout of it,at least i did.
Pack loosely ,airflow is essential , i prefer coarse grind ,avoid really powdery grind,unless you dont put just a tiny bit.

Wicked0ne

DUDE ! If you batteries are not rated to handle at least 20amps of continuous discharge ,it is dangerous to use them,you can at very least ruin your TUBO or even worse harm yourself.
Thanks for pointing out the dangers of these batteries. I've been vaping ecigs for a while and I'm aware of the dangers. The 18650's I've bought should all be 20+ amps, though the ones I'm using in my tubo were my old batteries I haven't thrown out yet(can't mix and match the batteries between devices).

I really hope my issue is the batteries... I have not gotten one solid hit out of this thing yet. My daily driver has been a Boundless CFV for the past year or so and I normally start vaping at 335F. On the CFV at 335F I would get incredible flavor for the first 2-4 hits then I'd ramp the temps up to 340-350 and would rarely go over 380-390. With the CFV, even at 340-350 I would get satisfying hits with some visible vapor. I just cranked my tubo up to 400F and got 0 vapor production. At 340 on my tubo I get 0 vapor and very little flavor. Something has to be wrong on my end as every review for the tubo I've seen has been good.

Wicked0ne,

Abysmal Vapor

Thanks for pointing out the dangers of these batteries. I've been vaping ecigs for a while and I'm aware of the dangers. The 18650's I've bought should all be 20+ amps, though the ones I'm using in my tubo were my old batteries I haven't thrown out yet(can't mix and match the batteries between devices).

I really hope my issue is the batteries... I have not gotten one solid hit out of this thing yet. My daily driver has been a Boundless CFV for the past year or so and I normally start vaping at 335F. On the CFV at 335F I would get incredible flavor for the first 2-4 hits then I'd ramp the temps up to 340-350 and would rarely go over 380-390. With the CFV, even at 340-350 I would get satisfying hits with some visible vapor. I just cranked my tubo up to 400F and got 0 vapor production. At 340 on my tubo I get 0 vapor and very little flavor. Something has to be wrong on my end as every review for the tubo I've seen has been good.
I am 99% sure it is the batteries. If they cant pull 20 amps unit wont be able to provide the heat.Until you get decent batteries better lay the TUBO on rest.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: leveltree

Wicked0ne

I am 99% sure it is the batteries. If they cant pull 20 amps unit wont be able to provide the heat.

That's good to hear! I'm a dumb ass for not looking into the battery situation more while I waited for it to be built... now after waiting I have the thing but can't use it! lol...Story of my life ;)

Wicked0ne,

Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: HughJundys

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Those also work fine! ;)
Edit: they last a bit longer than my VTC5a and IMR25 but will probably degrade faster...
Build and tested my continues power supply today and it works very well!
Funky made me an adapter with a fitting adapter with my order and that's plugged into an msr-p-200-4 which easily handles the load as well. :)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
:o...:(...:freak:..:doh:....:bang:...:cry:...:huh:...:shrug:

My stream of emotions when I dropped my beloved K2.
It was not a long fall, but enough to just break the female joint that holds the stem.
Searched the thread, but @Shit Snacks was the closest to a broken joint, but not like this.

oapxra.jpg

90txrk.jpg

Help @funkyjunky I can send it to you for repair. Unless you think me, armed with an Exacto knife from Hobby Lobby can break into this thing and swap out the glass.
Does the upper female joint just slide into another joint that is housing the heater coils? So it's just a matter of prying off the top lid, swapping out the stem holder female joint, then reinstalling the top to hold the glass in? Or way more complex than that.
Looking forward to getting K2 up and running again.

Zak McKracken

I finally got mine,too!On a mandatory break right now though,so no first impressions yet,but will do so in a few days with a couple of pics with this marine blue/red beauty.

@SloJimFizz This sucks man... I'd love to hear what @funkyjunky says about the glass swap,cause I really can't afford to send my unit if something goes wrong.The customs charged me 75 euros this time ,so not super enthusiastic to the idea paying again that much...At least I had the 4/20 discount (thanx FJ).

I would also like to ask if there are plans to send some replacement parts to vaporizer online shops so we can purchase from there.For example,I have to pay extra 10 euros for every bank transfer to switzerland(since can't use my card isn't accepted in lamart shop )and wanted to add some wooden stems but I hate to waste money for no reason .

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:o...:(...:freak:..:doh:....:bang:...:cry:...:huh:...:shrug:

My stream of emotions when I dropped my beloved K2.
It was not a long fall, but enough to just break the female joint that holds the stem.
Searched the thread, but @Shit Snacks was the closest to a broken joint, but not like this.

oapxra.jpg

90txrk.jpg

Help @funkyjunky I can send it to you for repair. Unless you think me, armed with an Exacto knife from Hobby Lobby can break into this thing and swap out the glass.
Does the upper female joint just slide into another joint that is housing the heater coils? So it's just a matter of prying off the top lid, swapping out the stem holder female joint, then reinstalling the top to hold the glass in? Or way more complex than that.
Looking forward to getting K2 up and running again.

Oh man yeah that's bad I'm sorry dude!

Fortunately mine was just the bent stem and still works, though I need to send it in to @funkyjunky bc it just doesn't seem like the vapor is as good as it used to be... I also miss my beloved bent stem because that's almost exclusively how I used it. I just want to bring it on this trip with a bunch of people since it is still one of the best vapes to share around without sacrificing my own enjoyment, so I will ship it back to Switzerland for inspection and repair (and new bent stems of course) afterwards

Good luck getting yours fixed too, I know FJ will take good care of you!

Oh yeah and I might have to try some of the new stems whenever mine goes in as well

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
I'm sorry for you dude, sad to see K2 suffer :/

Thanks for sharing it with us so we get at least a reminder to take extra care with our units...

I'm sure funkyjunky will be able to reanimate it! :) :tup:

I hope you have a temporary replacement to sooth your pain ;):zzz:

Also like the idea of parts/tubos in other shops. Would ease this whole customs trouble a lot!
But at the rate everything gets sold out this seems unlikely...

BTW is there any update about new wooden stems? Still interested in one.
Also still unsure about medium vs short as I'm a bit temp sensitive but want to take it on the go.

:peace:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Update:
K-2SO is getting suited up to visit his homeland. @funkyjunky said it's a little bit more involved replacing the glass than my dream scenario.
From the man himself:
hey man!
sadly there is no easy way to replace the glass, ill need to separate the heater and open it as well as the evic side. insert a completely new heater (maybe i can reuse your coils and tubes, lets see) and then solder it back to the evic side, close everything and paint/finish it again.

you are not the first one who killed his heater ;)
since the glass stuff is not covered under warranty ill charge $30 for the repair. ill reimburse you for the shipping costs tho and you can choose from the store accessories.

you can share what i write to you in the thread or i will reply soon but no time at the moment.

So $30 sounds like a more than reasonable bench rate for a repair and getting merch to reimburse shipping cost. Woah! :bowdown:

Handle your Tubos with care kids.
Don't be a SloJimFizz.

@leveltree I may have something laying around to hold me over. ;)

dudeguy

So now that I have had enough time to test the various settings it looks like either I am doing something wrong or my Tubo might have issues with the heating. No matter the temperature settings I barely get any vapor going. I use the long bent mouthpiece which also sits kinda wiggly but I doubt this is the problem because some older mouthpiece I had lying around (the Milaana cooling one) sits a lot firmer but gets me not much more vapor either. I have to let it warm up 1 minute, insert the stem with herb and then use on demand at temperatures over 210° in order to get at least some tiny wisps of vapor. The mouthpieces also get very hot in the process and the herbs brown to black.
For example I get much better results with less amount of herb but similar temperature from my old Arizer Solo which feels weird.

sickmanfraud

So now that I have had enough time to test the various settings it looks like either I am doing something wrong or my Tubo might have issues with the heating. No matter the temperature settings I barely get any vapor going. I use the long bent mouthpiece which also sits kinda wiggly but I doubt this is the problem because some older mouthpiece I had lying around (the Milaana cooling one) sits a lot firmer but gets me not much more vapor either. I have to let it warm up 1 minute, insert the stem with herb and then use on demand at temperatures over 210° in order to get at least some tiny wisps of vapor. The mouthpieces also get very hot in the process and the herbs brown to black.
For example I get much better results with less amount of herb but similar temperature from my old Arizer Solo which feels weird.

The first thing I would suggest is getting some Teflon tape and put it OUTSIDE THE VAPOR PATH to make the stems fit tight. It the stem is not fitting tight the hot air will not go over your medicine.

I bought a roll of teflon tape for about $0.75.

If that does not help I would suggest a DM to @funkyjunky .

Zak McKracken

I got the same issue with the bent piece.I just also saw that there is a tiiiny crack(also the wood has a small bump but I can't say anything about FJ cause my package was opened at customs and I know what kind of idiots work there...Trust me.)
.The whip though...On demand...This thing hits like a desktop .Best comparison I can do is that it is a portable arizer v-tower!
Had some issues with device too hot.I changed max temp to 220 from 210 and things improved.Just learning it but I think I'm gonna love it!

dudeguy

Thanks I'll have a look at tapes while also searching for a mouthpiece that fits better.
Not sure if sending the Tubo back for repairs is even an option because customs charged me around 50€ the first time. Maybe they damaged it too but besides some minor scratches the Tubo looked fine on the outside.

dudeguy,

MonkeyTime

Thanks I'll have a look at tapes while also searching for a mouthpiece that fits better.
Not sure if sending the Tubo back for repairs is even an option because customs charged me around 50€ the first time. Maybe they damaged it too but besides some minor scratches the Tubo looked fine on the outside.

If the ABV is brown to black and the glass is hot, it sounds like it's working?

Does the same material produce vapor in another vape?

Top Bottom