funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
heya!

yeah, last 420 orders are done! phew! bulldozing through the newer orders currently, getting back to schedule.

new factory default for firmware is to have w2c set to 1 (warmup will continue to cruise directly). so when picking up a cold tubo one can just tripple click, set it aside and prepare a stem. once ready tubo will be hot and cruising, ready for fast action. imo the easiest way to get consistent results.

also @JibbsIsMe i did not forget about the eco-cruise/warmup interference, i hope you found a resistance that you can work with. i am giving it some thought and plan on taking actions in the next firmware update, but that will take some time, rest assured it will get worked on.

thanks also for the kind words, its an honor to be doing this!

so, since i can show my face again now, i want to show off this thing: proof of concept TUBLO :D tubo bag filling mod.
obviously its quite annoying during use :rolleyes:
ill explore other means of airpumping soon (aquarium pump) which should be a lot quieter.

Last edited:

btka

heya!

yeah, last 420 orders are done! phew! bulldozing through the newer orders currently, getting back to schedule.

new factory default for firmware is to have w2c set to 1 (warmup will continue to cruise directly). so when picking up a cold tubo one can just tripple click, set it aside and prepare a stem. once ready tubo will be hot and cruising, ready for fast action. imo the easiest way to get consistent results.

also @JibbsIsMe i did not forget about the eco-cruise/warmup interference, i hope you found a resistance that you can work with. i am giving it some thought and plan on taking actions in the next firmware update, but that will take some time, rest assured it will get worked on.

thanks also for the kind words, its an honor to be doing this!

so, since i can show my face again now, i want to show off this thing: proof of concept TUBLO :D tubo bag filling mod.
obviously its quite annoying during use :rolleyes:
ill explore other means of airpumping soon (aquarium pump) which should be a lot quieter.
you are the man.... how cool would it be if you could blow bags with the tubo evic... this would make the tubo the most versatile (portable) vape I know.... let it happen please (tublo)... I would be also interested to see a airpump where you can adjust the airflow...

Last edited:

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
It's so frustrating still having to wait for my wooden stem.
I ordered the day they were released and the order was shipped 21.06. and I'm living in a neighbor country! I honestly hope the envelope didn't get lost in transit...
Yes it's unbelievable, right?

Funky's stuff is the main reason the Swiss not being in the EU pisses me off :D

That bag mod looks really cool, I would be concerned about materials though.
I mean the volcano for example has as far as I know quite a developed method to provide a 'clean blower'. Any arbitrary aquarium pump (or what it may be in the end) doesn't really qualify as airpath I would like.
Even if it's before heating.
But the concept overall is amazing!
Keep it going funky, more cool stuff is always appreciated! ;)

sickmanfraud

Also anything I should know prior to getting the tubo?

Don't even charge the batteries until you have a clear schedule. Once you try a Tubo you will be spoiled and possibly unwilling to put it down

I believe that for an additional $5 + $5 postage ($10. you can get 25 MORE SCREENS (40 TOTAL) with this link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WMSM44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

LSDLSDLSDLSD

The temp displayed is that if the coils really. Your load is removed from these somewhat... especially if your loading inside the joint (between the internal and cap screen) as I do too.

The temp range I use to vape within on my Tubo's is 215-230 on the display.

On demand mode works so much better when the glass is hot. I usually start any session with a cruise then switch to on demand. Alternatively maybe try running cruise/warm up for a couple of mins (while you're preparing your stem or something) before starting your on demand session.

I've never adjusted any stock setting on my devices. Only thing that gets adjusted is temp.

:tup:

As an edit, I can highly recommend the PA if the battery eating is an issue, and you use it a lot at home :nod:

Thanks for the tips everyone. Thanks for reminding me about coil temp as , I cranked it up a bit to 210-215C to compensate. I also tried going from cruise to on demand as you suggested, but I would always get device too hot errors after 2-3 on demand draws. I played with the resistance this morning, going down to .199 didnt help, nor going up. I was able to just now get through about 150s of a cruise session, when the vapor started going down, I stirred and tried to bump it to 225C, but got hit with another device too hot error.

Anyone have a link to the full manual and recommended battery sheet? I thought I saw the battery one in the package, but it's disappeared on me. The www.lamart.ch just has a link to the store, and tubo.oazo.ch is down.

Battery supplier recommendations + chargers are welcome as well.

NHCheef

Vape... For your health!
@LSDLSDLSDLSD

Illumn.com, IMRBatteries.com and liionwholesale.com are all trusted battery retailers. I'm using the Efest Luc V4 charger and really like it. Has the ability to charge 2 cells at 2A and 4 cells at either 1A or 0.5A.

Another popular 4 bay charger is the Nitecore i4.

I'm using a LG HG2s and Samsung 30Qs with my Tubo and Wismec RX2/3 box mod with my Splinter. Liking the performance from both batteries. I plan to pick up some Sony VTC6's next.

potenthits

Got my wooden stem and capsule package yesterday. I missed out on the mediums so went with a short and bent stem with an amaze cooler. So, it was packaged with a short stem vs the bent; I did check the invoice and it indicated I did indeed order a bent stem, but oh well maybe the amaze cooler would keep it from getting too hot? I tested last night and while I got through the session, it was indeed too hot for comfort after a few draws. So, now I'm not sure what to do. I think I will use it with my whip, but I really do wish I had received the bent stem. For anyone ordering one soon go with the long version if the medium is it out stock.

Risk

Alright guys I need a little help before I pull the trigger on one of these. Currently I have a newvape flowerpot, a mighty, a titanium grasshopper, and a nona vong. I wanted a Tubo to complete my set of vapes until the VAS kicks in.

So basically what I would like to know, does the Tubo compare the the long sessions you can get out of a mighty? With decent clouds that are consistent? Also can i crank that up in the session mode to get faster extraction?

For the on demand mode I was wondering if the Tubo heats as fast and produces vapor as quick as the grasshopper? I mainly be using this mode with a water piece but on occasion i would like an on demand hit without the luxury of water!

Ive been eyeing this vape for a while and just want to try and get some comparisons before I break my bank again. :rofl:

Thanks guys!

Edit: I was also wanting to know how the session mode does in glass too, like if i wanted to share with a couple people!

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Enjoyed a lovely Hawaiian Snow session on my new Tubo X paired with a VTC Dual. Warmup for five seconds and then switched to cruise between 390 and 410. If that's how you're supposed to use warmup then I'm into it.

vapenerd

Currently I have a newvape flowerpot, a mighty, a titanium grasshopper, and a nona vong.
Never tried the flowerpot but I've got a Mighty, a Ti Grasshopper, some Dynavaps and a Tubo.

So basically what I would like to know, does the Tubo compare the the long sessions you can get out of a mighty?
Yes and no.

When it comes to vapor quality and flavor, the Tubo trumps the Mighty. It's not even a competition. Tasty full convection flavor and nice clouds. The Tubo is also more efficient than the Mighty. You can use the Tubo both on demand and in session mode. Can't do that with a Mighty.

I do have a bit of a problem with the Tubo though. I find it hard to get used to the unrestricted air flow. With the stems the vapor gets hot, sometimes too hot. I checked the settings of my Tubo, all fine. I can easily handle the Mighty at higher temps but I do struggle sometimes with the Tubo. You might not have that problem though. Many users here on the forums love the wide open air flow of the Tubo.

With decent clouds that are consistent? Also can i crank that up in the session mode to get faster extraction?
The Tubo produces decent consistent clouds and fast extraction without combustion is definitely possible.

For the on demand mode I was wondering if the Tubo heats as fast and produces vapor as quick as the grasshopper?
The Grasshopper obviously excels at that but the Tubo is fast as well. Maybe 4 or 5 seconds heat up time? It's pretty much on demand and gives you near-instant vapor.

I mainly be using this mode with a water piece
Yes! The Tubo is EPIC with water pieces. I mostly use it with bong, cork adapter and whip. It's so damn smooth and I love how on demand it is. You press the button, wait a few seconds and it rips. On demand water hits with a portable (albeit a bit bulky) vaporizer. Pretty damn awesome.

Oh and I also use the Tubo with a hydratube. It feels even more on demand that way. Love it.

but on occasion i would like an on demand hit without the luxury of water!
I hope that works out for you. Maybe get the long mouth piece for cooler vapor.

Edit: I was also wanting to know how the session mode does in glass too, like if i wanted to share with a couple people!
It works fine. But why use session when you can do it on demand? Press, draw, release, share, repeat. Some people had a "device too hot" problem with the Tubo but I've never experienced it. It probably only occurs with back to back high temp sessions. So I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

I tried out my new long wood stem last night, with the A-maze cooler and a Mighty capsule. After a short heat-up time, and a first draw of wispy vapor and lots of terpenes, it provided nice clouds and was very cool. I almost couldn’t put it down....the capsule wasn’t quite full, and it seemed like it would go on forever. I love it.

Don’t grab the capsules too soon. Those buggers get HOT!

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
So these new capsule stems.

I understand a vapcap tip fits. What end can it fit too? Does this mean you can use it like a vong?

Do these stems fit in a splinter?

oddjobold,

cfang

Anyone's tubo evic get delivered, #503 and below? Its been 8 days so far and am anxiously waiting (priority untracked to tn, usa). I have had packages lost internationally before so Im a little nervous that its not going to be delivered, although it probably will. Sorry if I'm coming across as impatient, just worried that if it's lost I'm out $200.

cfang,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Got my wooden stem and capsule package yesterday. I missed out on the mediums so went with a short and bent stem with an amaze cooler. So, it was packaged with a short stem vs the bent; I did check the invoice and it indicated I did indeed order a bent stem, but oh well maybe the amaze cooler would keep it from getting too hot? I tested last night and while I got through the session, it was indeed too hot for comfort after a few draws. So, now I'm not sure what to do. I think I will use it with my whip, but I really do wish I had received the bent stem. For anyone ordering one soon go with the long version if the medium is it out stock.

Just the short wood stem on it's own is ok for me. I can even rip it on warmup2cruise.

I also felt the glass+a-maze cooler got way too hot with the short stem. The glass was burning my lips. Then I got the glass tube stuck in the stem and broke it getting it out, so... yeah.

I'm not sure if I'll get a medium stem. I feel like the mighty capsules 1) make me use higher temps, 2) reduce flavor and 3) reduce clouds. I still like them as they're pretty convenient, but those are the shortcomings I've found so far (...whoops)

I ordered another VF cooling mouthpiece from 420EDC, since they're only $20... AND domestic. I felt those were pretty nice, offering a nice combination of cooling, and flavor - but obviously a bit less portable than the capsule stems...

I understand a vapcap tip fits. What end can it fit too? Does this mean you can use it like a vong?

Do these stems fit in a splinter?

The mouthpiece end fits the vapvap. That means you can use it like an 18mm VonG - albeit with no condenser and an internal screen fixed.

They will also work as a 14mm WPA and from what I'm understanding, they will work with RBT vapes, but the capsule will rest on the heater screen, just like it does with the tubo.

Last edited:

potenthits

I feel like the mighty capsules 1) make me use higher temps, 2) reduce flavor and 3) reduce clouds. I still like them as they're pretty convenient, but those are the shortcomings I've found so far (...whoops)

So, I have similar observations. I'm curious if there is a packing technique for the capsules that works better for convection. Would a lightly packed fine grind work better here? I did find herb particles were getting outside the dosing capsule and in the crevices of the wooden stem's screen. What pack and draw techniques will work best with the capsules?

RelaxedNow

So, I have similar observations. I'm curious if there is a packing technique for the capsules that works better for convection. Would a lightly packed fine grind work better here? I did find herb particles were getting outside the dosing capsule and in the crevices of the wooden stem's screen. What pack and draw techniques will work best with the capsules?

I’ve only used the capsules a couple of times, but had good success. I used a medium-fine grind, maybe 1/2-2/3 full, started at 370F and stopped at 390 (haven’t actually cashed a capsule yet...low tolerance). This was with the long wood stem, glass insert and A-maze cooler. It never felt hot. The first draw was wispy, but I got clouds after that.

MoltenTiger

My Tubo X is playing up.

I'm not having any luck with the device at the moment :(

It seems like the temp read out has gone bad and it's no longer heating the coil. When it does it spikes way above the target temp and cuts power, but I'm not getting enough heat to do anything to my herb.

I did have the enclosure around the 510 threaded connector come apart, but it looks like this is just a two wire connection which is still connected...

I also have something on screen that says TCR 185 M1, not sure if that's normally there or not

Edit: Yeah I'd say everything is fine, just the settings have gone bad somehow.

I just dialled it down in temp and hit the go button, and the coils instantly lit up like a damned light bulb and my coil settings are about double what they should be....

Edit 2: indeed one wire has disconnected from the 510 connector.
Nice, an easy fix.

Scratch that! Reconnecting, or what I have managed which was to push the pin back on the connector, has not worked. The Tubo is not working :(

Be careful flexing Tubo X cables!
30tkp54.jpg

@funkyjunky what should I do here?
Notice the negative pin isn't flush with the base (the non-central pin has disconnected)
Could I solder the pin to the connector? Or could there be something inside the connector that's also broken? Or even something that has gone wrong after the disconnect?

Last edited:

potenthits

I’ve only used the capsules a couple of times, but had good success. I used a medium-fine grind, maybe 1/2-2/3 full, started at 370F and stopped at 390 (haven’t actually cashed a capsule yet...low tolerance). This was with the long wood stem, glass insert and A-maze cooler. It never felt hot. The first draw was wispy, but I got clouds after that.
Thanks for the tips. I had a session last night that was pretty good. When I was emptying the abv though, I noticed how easy the capsule was to disform. The metal is pretty soft I feel, I'm assuming these capsules are made of stainless steel, but I'd like to confirm before continuing use. Thanks.

potenthits,

RelaxedNow

Thanks for the tips. I had a session last night that was pretty good. When I was emptying the abv though, I noticed how easy the capsule was to disform. The metal is pretty soft I feel, I'm assuming these capsules are made of stainless steel, but I'd like to confirm before continuing use. Thanks.

Yes, they are rather soft. I’ve managed to avoid any major deformation, but I’m sure that won’t last. I don’t know what they’re made of, but perhaps you could find something in the Mighty thread.

If they do deform, Storz & Bickel sells 40 for something like $14.00.

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
I also felt the glass+a-maze cooler got way too hot with the short stem. The glass was burning my lips. Then I got the glass tube stuck in the stem and broke it getting it out, so... yeah.

I've found the vapor can get hotter at the end of a long session with the short stem, but never had the glass get hot by my lips.. One thing is to make sure the amaze cooling stuff isn't too high up the stem. Ideally keep it at the at the bowl end and below the level of the wood at the mouth end.. It transfers a lot of heat to the glass

I feel like the mighty capsules 1) make me use higher temps, 2) reduce flavor and 3) reduce clouds. I still like them as they're pretty convenient, but those are the shortcomings I've found so far (...whoops)

They definitely need higher temps, potentially even putting the resistance up a tiny notch. I've been using them with the lid off, which gives more direct heat to the load and works like a regular basket screen. You can just tamp it down like usual.. With the lid on it seems to deflect more heat around the capsule and takes a bit more to get going methinks..

The mouthpiece end fits the vapvap. That means you can use it like an 18mm VonG - albeit with no condenser and an internal screen fixed.

They will also work as a 14mm WPA
Both ends will fit the vapcap, but it will sit better in the bowl as a 14mm vong because the diameter tightens at that end of the stem.. It also means the glass stops at a certain point when you insert it, which is where it sits against the vc tip. You gotta take the screen out though, and the maybe the glass insert if you have the protruding type.

Some edutainment..

From what I'm understanding, they will work with RBT vapes, but the capsule will rest on the heater screen, just like it does with the tubo.
They shouldn't touch the heater screen on the tubo at all. They fit fine on my Milaana, but I haven't tested on a splinter..

While I'm here

Next tubo drop is Friday 9pm CEST!!! :party:(swiss time that is)

Last edited:

potenthits

Yes, they are rather soft. I’ve managed to avoid any major deformation, but I’m sure that won’t last. I don’t know what they’re made of, but perhaps you could find something in the Mighty thread.

If they do deform, Storz & Bickel sells 40 for something like $14.00.
Damnit, I think I opened a can of worms. There is surprisingly little information about the material of the dosing capsules. Found a thread and more than a couple of places that speculate that they are made of aluminum: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-safe-is-aluminum-in-vapes-really.23229/.
If that's the case are we excusing concern through through the medical certification of the mighty? I'm not trying to be controversial, just looking for some perspective.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
They shouldn't touch the heater screen on the tubo at all. They fit fine on my Milaana, but I haven't tested on a splinter..

Yeah, mine hits the screen for sure. The joint on the stem doesn't go far enough down and just prevents a seal before the capsule bottoms out.

It's not a big deal but I can't secure the stem with a capsule installed in it.

Top Bottom