SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
You can also add an extra gong and make it your dedicated concentrate delivery stem. I use mine with my Tubo, Splinter and Milaana. Put some hemp fiber, organic cotton or a S&B dosing capsule pad in there. Gong sits on bubbler with the Tubo placed on top, so no fear of concentrate seeping into the Tubo.

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Much to catch up here for me, I am really looking forward to the new stems but maybe even more to the a-maze cooling?
@funkyjunky you didn't exaggerate with the cooling effectiveness?
Because I tend to use ddaves cooler mostly but would love my bent stem and rimmed stem with similar cool vapor!
And of course the same holds for this wooden new one ;)
I seriously need more pictures of the different configurations though ;)

Lately the vapcap has been used mostly since I try to distribute combustion fucking with my close ones and have supplied them with dynavap (would give them all tubos but that's not possible ^^)

Also tubo was to valuable to take to the latest festival so I enjoyed using it again finally yesterday.
Looking forward
to those stems (and pictures)!

:peace:

Edit:
@SloJimFizz nice packing option, could prove to replace double rimmed which I use mostly.
Just have to find those screens in Europe

Evilevile

Yes, I suggest the ddave concentration chamber. It doesn't sit flush with the stem clip in place, but operates fine without it.

How does it function without the clip?
What's to keep the concentrate from leaking into the Tubo?
I'm so worried about that! If I put degummed hemp fibre in the chamber, will that soak it up?

@leveltree I agree with you about not wanting to bring the Tubo everywhere. It's not exactly easy to replace. I use my Sbjr in that case.

potenthits

How does it function without the clip?
What's to keep the concentrate from leaking into the Tubo?
I'm so worried about that! If I put degummed hemp fibre in the chamber, will that soak it up?

@leveltree I agree with you about not wanting to bring the Tubo everywhere. It's not exactly easy to replace. I use my Sbjr in that case.
It's two glass pieces: a reducer and a small stem usually hooked up to a whip. The stem and reducer are held together with a clip, but if the clip is in place then the reducer does not sit flush in the TUBO gong. You are supposed to use hemp fiber or sandwiched herb in the chamber. What is nice about the chamber is that the screen is built into the reducer so no need for metal screens that sap flavor.

BaroneBarra

Oh Amazon.com, possibly the only thing that makes me regret living in Europe :rolleyes:

I agree with @leveltree, can't wait for the a-maze cooling thingy myself! I find the bent stem too hot (never mind the short one...), and I don't even go up more than 210°C normally.

Also, I recently found out from a post here that you can switch between temp steps during a cruise, and that's a great feature if you ask me! I often want to make the bliss last a bit longer, but don't care to fuss with setting a new temp :clap:

Couple of things: the abv from my Tubo is very much lighter than the one I get with other vapes (especially the Vapcap), borderline green some times. I know that doesn't necessarily mean I haven't fully extracted the goods, but I can't help but feeling a bit bad when I'm throwing it out. I normally do a temp-stepping cruise up to 210, and then try to use on demand to finish it off, but with no luck. I pack in the basket screen directly in contact with the heater screen. Should I just forget about it? I hate couch lock so I'd rather just stick with low temps normally, I'm just all about fighting waste :lol:

One thing I've noticed since the beginning is the fact that when I use the Tubo with the stem (orientation like in this pic), the "+" and "-" buttons are the opposite of where I would expect them to be. In the "Western" world, with left-to-right writing, it should be that the first button goes back ("-") and the second goes forth ("+")...no? Is it weird just for me?

Cheers!

:peace:

P.S. if you're in that limbo, waiting for your Tubo to arrive... rejoice! You made a great decision and you're in for a real treat! :freak:

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

know that doesn't necessarily mean I haven't fully extracted the goods, but I can't help but feeling a bit bad when I'm throwing it out

If you save your AVB (for edibles or topicals) you would not feel like there was any waste. When you toss your AVB into a Jar to save it the lighter color will just represent as yet, untapped resource.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: leveltree

BaroneBarra

If you save your AVB (for edibles or topicals) you would not feel like there was any waste. When you toss your AVB into a Jar to save it the lighter color will just represent as yet, untapped resource.

Yeah, what I wrote wasn't accurate.
I do save my AVB, I just haven't got around to make something with it yet and since I'm lazy, I'd rather extract everything I can when vaping.
If the AVB I got with my other vapes were as dark as the one out of my M, I'd probably not even bother.

BaroneBarra,

Grobalot

I Save my abv and revape it in my Rise 2.0. You'd be amazed at how much still gets extracted. Even through the Tubo at 210-230°c. Not nearly as potent but still works when you don't have anything else lol. I make mct oil or just straight coconut oil with it. Potent as hell after 8+ hour's cooking.
Also filling and lightly tamping the basket screen and using a rig extracts faster and more efficiently than any of the stems or whips.
Water curing helps with potency too but obvs a longer process

Grobalot,

cfang

Hi I recently ordered the tubo evic and super psyched! Quick question so the total came out to be 220 with the battery and whip but I also got charged an additional $8 for the short mp (so $228). I thought it came with a mp for free or am I mistaken?

cfang,

potenthits

Hi I recently ordered the tubo evic and super psyched! Quick question so the total came out to be 220 with the battery and whip but I also got charged an additional $8 for the short mp (so $228). I thought it came with a mp for free or am I mistaken?
I would reply to your emailed order confirmation. No reason to get everyone here involved, FJ was very responsive and accommodating to my inquiries.

cfang

I would reply to your emailed order confirmation. No reason to get everyone here involved, FJ was very responsive and accommodating to my inquiries.
I sent an email over a week ago. Sorry did not mean to be a bother I just did not know the proper channels to go through and this thread seemed pretty helpful in the past

cfang,

potenthits

I sent an email over a week ago. Sorry did not mean to be a bother I just did not know the proper channels to go through and this thread seemed pretty helpful in the past
Sorry, I wasn't trying to harangue you. But I'm confident you will get some sort of resolution and probably soon. I don't know if things have changed, but my order came with a stem. However, at introduction FJ included whips, but since, myself and other have happily paid for the hand-braided beauties. Not sure if there is a charge now or not for stems, but I'm confident you will get sorted out.

SeanStankly

My order is 346 - should be soon I hope!

The 18th was a huge sales day apparently. I bought on that day and I'm #307. Still building.

Edit: I imagine individual choices affect the build queue. I've wondering if by choosing beech or certain styles of whip I've affected the timescale. My Mighty is bravely hanging on for the Tubo to arrive before I send it for an RMA.

Last edited:
SeanStankly,
Reactions: leveltree

dudeguy

#292 here, maybe ordering on a Friday the 13th was bad luck :haw: .
But yeah I suspect the beech Tubos take longer?

dudeguy,
Top Bottom