leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Got my Vapcap just today, can only compare later and report ;)

But after over half a year with tubo I can say that I rarely use the bent stem only as the air is just too hot for me then.
The power and unrestricted air path just lead to a lot of very hot air :D
I mainly use a Vapor Cooler from ddave which removes this problem completely except when multiple people hit straight after each other and it slowly heats up. I then have to wait 1-3 minutes. But I would expect you to get not much irritation with something like it, the milaana cooling mouthpiece should do the same for example.

The whip is also an alternative but in my experience a little bit less cooling. Still acceptable temperatures for me.

I don't know if those options are not discrete enough for you, just to have that in mind.

Funkyjunky is a great producer and shows awesome support for our devices! Really useful software updates did come regularly. ;)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Alexis I'm still waiting on the Tubo sale and I don't have any on demand vapes yet.

I own an omnivap ti xl and it's the coolest of the VapCaps if you don't have one and decide to upgrade. I agree the draw resistance takes getting used to and it's not my favorite.

I also own a Fury 2 and it's useful for its size and punch but the flavor and vapor quality aren't the best.

The Linx Gaia is portable and stealthy but not super potent and of course it's another session vape.

I'd encourage you to check out the Solo II for home use. It's too chunky to be a true portable but it's the best vapor and flavor of my vapes and an easy, flexible experience to use and enjoy at home.

A Splinter on a box mod won't really be stealthy or portable with the total size and glass stem I don't think. For your use case I'd go with a concentrate cartridge and a little 650mah pen battery.

bossman,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Thanks very much guys for the useful food for thought. Mmmm! So it seems like my concern about the vapor maybe being too harsh for me dry may be well founded.
@leveltree I hope you like the vapcap. I've had mine since Sept 2016.
Thanks for the suggestions. Looking at the DDave cooling unit, and Milaana option.
Certainly less discreet when out but maybe still workable for my needs. I will have to think about it.:tup:

@bossman thank you also. I have the standard Omni and no plans to upgrade at present. I just dont enjoy my vapcaps dry enough to invest, so many things Im saving for right now.

Very helpful what you say about the Fury 2. It looks excellent for what it provides, but Im sure it isn't what Im looking for even if it was on demand.
Interesting also on the Splinter's portability. I saw Vapecritic demo it alongside the Mi and Zion.
I think he had his own little battery mod (totally bamboozled by all this termonology:mental:).
It looked okay for discreet use. I mean Im really not that paranoid about it. Hardly ever see a cop ans they got no time to come and harass me on the roadside when there are tons of people walking about with ecig devices openly.

What I wasn't clear on- Im not needing a portable that can serve as a home desktop alternative. Soon I will have an excellent top desktop vape (Digital Herborizer Ti), which should cover all my home vaping needs. But I like the variety of diff vapes, mixing for freshness.

So I would apprediate what the Tubo can offer at home in this sense. Flexible around house/garden. The Solo 2 has a superb reputation but have never been drawn to it. It certainly wouldn't be needed at home with the Ti around. The difference in vapor quality, potency would be too large for me to want to use it at home I expect, whereas the Tubo could still serve a good purpose here I think(?)

Thanks for the suggestion though. I dont have access to concentrates so it needs to be a dry herb vape for now whatever I go for.

If the Ghost MV1 was more portable and consistent, I think that would be my best bet for the smoothest high potency dry vapor. Okay thanks again guys. I need to think now.:tup:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Alexis the Vape Critic's gushing over the Ghost is supposedly one of his more incentivized reviews from what I've heard. He is fun though and knows way more than ever will.

I wonder if the ArGo would be a decent option. Again, it's not on demand but it provides a similar feature set in a pocket size device.

And yes, I was using my Fury 2 out and about this weekend and noticing that while it gets the job done it wasn't half as pleasant at various temps as the Solo II.

On demand for dry herb just isn't that portable yet it seems. I'm surprised the folks making the concentrates attys don't have dry herb offerings like the Splinter etc. And of course the Tubo is the only one you can buy nowish.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello to you all. I rarely ask for advice here, but I would really like some help from you please.
I have very drawn to the Tubo since the start. Except it was a little confusing and intimidating to me at first.
My plan is to get a decent battery powered portable as soon as I can decide on a model, for this summer I hope.
My only portable now is the Omnivap. But I have totally given up using the vapcap dry. It is always too harsh and irritating to me, especially in my throat. I only use it at home now with bubblers.

I also don't like trying to torch in wind. So I need a good portable. I REALLY REALLY like the look of the Tubo. Vapor quality and potency are always the most important to me.
Smoothness as well though. From my (studies:party:) it seems that the Tubo offers better quality vapor and potency than a lot of other current popular and emerging portables (Haze Square included(?)).

I simply have no wish to purchase another model which may be more suitable/practical/convenient on numerous grounds (portability amongst others), at the expense of a drop in vapor quality and potency.

For example- the Fury 2 looks perfect for on the go, discreet public use (on way to shops etc).
But I don't believe it offers the same quality and potent vapor. Also I dont want a session vape. I need on demand. I get that the Tubo can do both, and in between that too.

If the Fury 2 or Fierce was on demand, I may be swayed towards them a little more.
I like the look of the Haze Square, but I have a known severe allergy to the aluminium heating block of the Supreme 3. The Square may be okay. Im stil a bit fuzzy on exactly where all the aluminium is, I dont think it is heated except the herb pods which are also available in SS.

So it may be fine. But Im also not keen on the black anodized coating on the pods. Just an unknown to me and being so hyper-reactive I have to be mindful of this.
But I actually just prefer the look of the Tubo all round anyway.

Im still looking at the other options. I'm not keen on the Milaana. I need regulated. Poor brain function makes me prone to combustion with torch/unregulated vapes. I can never get consistent results for long due to variatons on my condition.

The Splinter looks like the closest rival. More portable, discreet. Maybe less powerful though?
I also would use the Tubo at home a lot, with and without water. I love the fact that it can rival desktops with power and extraction/hit size.

I also love the open airflow. A big thing for me. Can't stand the vapcap draw restriction personally.
So I don't want a vape that is more portable but not as great as a free flowing, hard hitting desktop capable of milking big hits with powerful and fast extraction. Like the Splinter for example- may be harder work to get the same home experience through a bubbler, taking longer sessions, more suction power etc (the Splinter looks more restricted than the Tubo)....

...for the sake of a more convenient road vape. But I may make this trade off if I feel it is best overall.

Now, only 2 things really hold me back. I do really want the Tubo:
Portablity for away from home use- I would like to be able to hit the Tubo while taking leisurely walks out and about. We dont see many police here. They are undernumbered and Im not too worried about them seeing me slying a vape and actually going out of their way, unless it is right in their faces of course.

I do feel that I could get away with discreetly hitting the Tubo when out walking, just not in town centre etc. Size wise, form factor it looks okay to me. I usually always have a bag out, or big coat pockets. And the fact that it IS effectively like an ecig device is a big plus for public use.

Open to any thoughts on this.
Now, the bottom line. Vapor smoothness/harshness. I have seen some conflictinf reports here on the Tubo. Most agree that the Tubo vapor is slightly harsher than the Milaana, but be due to the hit/denseness or just the steady constant set temp, vs a temp rise (Milaana).

@little maggie hiya girl, I saw you say how you can't really use the vapcaps now due to their harshness, and you speak highly of the Tubo. So if I can't be comfortable with the vapcap dry, how do you think I would fare with the Tubo?
A big part of the vapcap is the randomness of the temps, hit to hit. Also the same hit- always high heat at start. This is an issue for me.
I could always use a lower temp with Tubo when hitting dry? I also would only use the long bent stem, wpa, and whip.

So I am most drawn to this vape than the others. I really want to actually USE the Tubo, purely for the vapor quality, effects and overall experience. I dont feel like that about the others.
It could be more portable/discreet but not a deal breaker IF... I can feel confident that I would be comfortable enough with the smoothness etc to use regularly as a portable without suffering the throat and respiratory aggravation of the dry vapcap (vapcap is also quite irrtitating to me even through water- I use it every day but it certainly is not the cleanest/gentlest vapor to me at all and causes a particular type of irritation).

Any thoughts much appreciated folks. Sorry to go on. I wish I had a bit more time until 4/20. I am exploring the idea of getting involved while the sale is on possibly.

One other thing- the manufacturer! I think @funkyjunky seems like a really great guy, very friendly, helpful, obiliging, mature, respectful and still totally professional.
I have lots of love for so many vape manufacturers who are commonly truly great people.
Not always the case. One of the other portables I have looked at-I just feel that the manufacturer can get a little impatient and patronizing at times, and it can be tricky to get the info you need on the vape. I feel like I better not ask again on what, IMO they didn't explain clearly enough for me to understand. And I feel like t would annoy or offend them if I asked again, especially if it is about materials where they can misread an innocent non trouble stirring inquiry as an attack or fearmongering.

I dont get this feeling at all with @funkyjunky who seems very approacable and understanding. I also dont see any concern for my own extreme sensitivitues with the Tubo, so no inquires from me on that one!

Okay nuff said. Thanks everyone take care now.:):tup:

Get one. Everything in your post indicated to me this is the vape for you no question. I've seen your posts in other threads and given all the stipulations, this really is your best bet in my opinion, having owned most of those vapes and more as I am also always researching FC.

Yes the Tubo can be harsh at upper temps with strong draw, this can be controlled with stems and how you load as well as temps and draw. At home you will have no trouble leisurely hitting the whip, sipping the bent stem (my favorite most used method), or ripping through water. I do find my RBT vapes to hit smoother, but the Tubo is capable of getting close and has all these things to control harshness as stock accessories. @little maggie was a good one to call out for this, bc she uses her Tubo the most for this reason as well as ease of use. It is typically my go to for nightly TV chilling myself, and using with inexperienced others too.

For portability, yes it is quite small (single battery) and stealth in the ecig sense. It sounds like you would be fine using it casually out and about with whip or even bent stem (I've done this only a little), but the ringed short straight stem may be better for stealth and portability. Really a wooden stem would be the ideal for out and about but I do prefer glass ideally myself. I've used a short whip connector as mouthpiece before and it did work great for stealth, could be harsh at upper temps to finish bowl, but was tolerable. For you I would definitely recommend sticking to low temps with a short and/or wood stem, though you could still control the harshness with your draw. A high temp slow sipped for only a few seconds could be quite smooth actually, there is a lot of versatility here... Oh and then there is always hemp fiber?

On top of that you like the manufacturer more than most it seems, so it really is a no brainer to me. I say rest easy, plan on snagging one from the 420sale, and just focus on deciding what accessories you want with it :tup:

Last edited:

Alexis

Get one. Everything in your post indicated to me this is the vape for you no question. I've seen your posts in other threads and given all the stipulations, this really is your best bet in my opinion, having owned most of those vapes and more as I am also always researching FC.

Yes the Tubo can be harsh at upper temps with strong draw, this can be controlled with stems and how you load as well as temps and draw. At home you will have no trouble leisurely hitting the whip, sipping the bent stem (my favorite most used method), or ripping through water. I do find my RBT vapes to hit smoother, but the Tubo is capable of getting close and has all these things to control harshness as stock accessories. @little maggie was a good one to call out for this, bc she uses her Tubo the most for this reason as well as ease of use. It is typically my go to for nightly TV chilling myself, and using with inexperienced others too.

For portability, yes it is quite small (single battery) and stealth in the ecig sense. It sounds like you would be fine using it casually out and about with whip or even bent stem (I've done this only a little), but the ringed short straight stem may be better for stealth and portability. Really a wooden stem would be the ideal for out and about but I do prefer glass ideally myself. I've used a short whip connector as mouthpiece before and it did work great for stealth, could be harsh at upper temps to finish bowl, but was tolerable. For you I would definitely recommend sticking to low temps with a short and/or wood stem, though you could still control the harshness with your draw. A high temp slow sipped for only a few seconds could be quite smooth actually, there is a lot of versatility here... Oh and then there is always hemp fiber?

On top of that you like the manufacturer more than most it seems, so it really is a no brainer to me. I say rest easy, plan on snagging one from the 420sale, and just focus on deciding what accessories you want with it :tup:
Thanks buddy really appreciated. My brain has gone south today so I shall sleep on this. Very useful what you have shared. Yes I did think I could use lower temps dry. From what you say it sounds like I may be able to make the bent stem work.
I would not be concerned about it's discreetness (or lack of) vs the shorter stems. Just a question of how smooth the vapor is on that one and whether it would be enough or if I would feel the need for one of the cooling mouthpieces above.

Very nice to engage with you again @Shit Snacks anyhow. This ain't over yet, more to come.:tup::tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks buddy really appreciated. My brain has gone south today so I shall sleep on this. Very useful what you have shared. Yes I did think I could use lower temps dry. From what you say it sounds like I may be able to make the bent stem work.
I would not be concerned about it's discreetness (or lack of) vs the shorter stems. Just a question of how smooth the vapor is on that one and whether it would be enough or if I would feel the need for one of the cooling mouthpieces above.

Very nice to engage with you again @Shit Snacks anyhow. This ain't over yet, more to come.:tup::tup:

Likewise bud!

I do have a ddave cooler as well that I was finally able to make work for me thanks to some custom shallow rimmed RBT screens I have (which is also how I like to use my bent stem) and it is pretty neat, but honestly I think the bent stem is more than adequate so it still sees the bulk of use from me. I have thought about a little hemp fiber to smooth it even more and filter out particles (the RBT screens are courser mesh which I much prefer) so that is always a good option for any stem too... Sleep well!
:zzz::tup:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Dear friends and customer-friends,

this years 420 sale is live now!

from 4/18 through 4/22.
orders during this time are likely looking for longer building time. thanks for understanding.

thank you for your interest and the support.

lamart420promo.png

tried to use the newsletter function, i am unable to send out mails like this, some bug in the store and i dont have the nerves to fix it right now :razz:

Alexis

Dear friends and customer-friends,

this years 420 sale is live now!

from 4/18 through 4/22.
orders during this time are likely looking for longer building time. thanks for understanding.

thank you for your interest and the support.

lamart420promo.png

tried to use the newsletter function, i am unable to send out mails like this, some bug in the store and i dont have the nerves to fix it right now :razz:
Excellent. I am hoping to get involved. The Tubo world is still new and unfamiliar to me and Im not quite sure on the ordering process as I couldnt see how to add to my cart.

So I expect to consult on the little things to get my order just right if I am going ahead.

Likun

So I'm considering getting one of these bases.
Any opinion on those? My favorite are the hexagon tubo look and the rasta colored round one.
I don't even have a glass piece yet, would order this along with a base.

little maggie

I had not thought of getting anything else until the capsules are ready. I have everything I need to go with my tubo and dual. But I susceptible to sales. I know several of you have the tubox. Could a couple of you talk about the pros and cons of it? I have an evic that I use with my splinter so all I'd need is the tubox itself.

And responding to Alexis: I have copd so almost everything is too harsh for me. I use the whips I got from FJ. I also have just tried a cooler that's about the size of standard mp and seems to work well. So I can't really comment on using the tubo without anything to help cool. On the other hand, I have vapes that are too harsh even with the whip and don't have that problem with the tubo.

Alexis

I had not thought of getting anything else until the capsules are ready. I have everything I need to go with my tubo and dual. But I susceptible to sales. I know several of you have the tubox. Could a couple of you talk about the pros and cons of it? I have an evic that I use with my splinter so all I'd need is the tubox itself.

And responding to Alexis: I have copd so almost everything is too harsh for me. I use the whips I got from FJ. I also have just tried a cooler that's about the size of standard mp and seems to work well. So I can't really comment on using the tubo without anything to help cool. On the other hand, I have vapes that are too harsh even with the whip and don't have that problem with the tubo.
Thank you little maggie for responding. We are in a similar boat when it comes to vaporizer tolerance, still in very different situations of course. I feel somewhat confident about the Tubo working well for me for the role it will serve. I absolutely don't want to hit my vapcap dry anymore so I do really need a regulated portable. And I think the Tubo is the best one for me at present. And reasonably priced too for what looks like awsome quality.

Cheers maggie, may you to tolerate and enjoy your vapes as well as possible.:tup:

Oh yes- I can add to my cart now.:rockon: I will be back here to use you all as a sounding board for the little bobs to make sure I am straight on everything.

little maggie

I'm having my first problem with the tubo. A fully charged battery is getting used up very quickly and then I get a low battery warning. This is new. In the past the battery would last through 2 rounds of cruise (not all at one time). Now it sometimes doesn't make it through 1 round of cruise.

little maggie,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

stonedbob

100% THC
I'm having my first problem with the tubo. A fully charged battery is getting used up very quickly and then I get a low battery warning. This is new. In the past the battery would last through 2 rounds of cruise (not all at one time). Now it sometimes doesn't make it through 1 round of cruise.
sounds like you need to change the battery...

stonedbob,
Reactions: Likun

Alexis

so-much-THIS-fireworks.gif

I have been on the Tubo site for the past week 1/2 no way to add the vape to the cart .
Im sure I succeeded yesterday. Will check again and let you know.

Edit- correct. I hope we will be able to order during the sale and that there will be room and time for all interested.

Top Bottom