funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
I am wondering about something and i thought i better ask :D... Does anyone have any idea how does Cold coil resistance of an atomizer effects batterylife and performance.
I know coil resistance varies from tubo to tubo and it is tuned for each unit,but what exactly is the difference if any.
Lets say there are two TUBOs A and B.
A TCR = 190
B TCR = 220
Would TUBO B be more wasteful on batterylife or more powerful than TUBO A ?
this is not so easy to answer. ima try ramble it together.

for unregulated coils/heaters this resistance controls how much current can flow at a given voltage. this current at that voltage defines the power that the coil will dissipate. less resistance => more current => more power.

but we are using a box mode that is mainly controling said power by changing the voltage at the coil. it basically takes the battery voltage and raises it (boost) or lowers it (buck) to reach a targeted power output.
my research has lead me to believe buck converters are slightly more efficient than boost converters, fogot the numbers was not by much if i recall correctly.
i chose the coil resistance in this range because if the coil resistance is low, battery voltage does not need to be boosted only bucked.
at low battery voltage tho it needs to be boosted in the range we are.
so the difference between TUBO A and TUBO B would be in the point in time/battery voltage where the switch is from buck to boost.
battery life would be most affected by the difference and maybe board temperature.
@KeroZen or @rz or anyone feel free to correct me.

something else that plays into this is:
since i use the same material for all tubo heaters, 316L stainless steel 28awg twisted. the difference in resistance also means difference in length of the coils, as the length is what defines the resistance of a metal strand.
so TUBO A has shorter coils than TUBO B.
shorter also means less metal mass and less surface area. surface area is where the exchange of heat is taking place mostly.
on the other hand less metal mass can be heated up faster, it reacts faster to changes. the box mod will react to all these changes.

so maybe to conclude: TUBO A has less contact area to transfer heat but is faster to control the heat of the coils, board temperature might be slightly cooler and battery life at low voltage minimally better.
TUBO B has more surface area for better heat exchange, but reacts slower, at low battery voltage it might need to push harder and get warmer.

as @KeroZen said another time. too low resistance is bad for the resolution for analog digital converter. on the other hand too high resistance (increased heat transfer) the coil is slow and the chip runs hotter.
i tested both extremes. one with very short coils 0.1ohm , super fast on temp, not very stable temp reading, not so good heating of the air. and the other, double the coil length of normal tubo heater 0.5ohm, great resolution, slow to get to temp, overheating of the chip.

i lowered the average resistance from the early units of around 0.270 to around 0.200, later i upped it again to 0.230.
i really dont think there is noticeable difference in all of them.
:myday::myday::myday::myday::myday:

Last edited:

Djunta

Vaporizing > Combusting
Hey everyone, I have encountered some issues that I need some help with. So I decided to try updating my Tubo to the latest firmware because I had no logo. I updated with UpdateFirmware-windows.exe and then tried adding the logo through the LOGO button but it kept saying the bmp "should be of single color" so I tried nfirmwareeditor.exe and used the Logo option in the firmware updater there which was acting weird too because it just said waiting for device after it restarted the device. From then on the device has been freezing completely everytime I plug it into my pc and I have to remove the battery and put it in again for it to work. I have been messing around with the expert options in the menu but to no avail and every time I plug in my device it just says it's not recognized by windows and freezes. I tried researching but I haven't seen anyone with this exact problem. All suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

little maggie

A couple of questions: What is the logo for and do I need one? Or do I already have one? I'm not doing a good job of keeping up with changes since mu tubo is perfect the way it is.
And I'm wondering if shipping- for accessories only- would be less if an order to the US was placed for a fairly large quantity to someone who then redistributed them?

Djunta

Vaporizing > Combusting
What is the logo for and do I need one? Or do I already have one? I'm not doing a good job of keeping up with changes since mu tubo is perfect the way it is.

https://imgur.com/kGlXB9P This is what it looks like. It's not necessary but it looks pretty cool so I wanted it :lol:

If you go to Menu>Screen>Logo it shows if you have it on or off, mine was on before and it never showed any logo but after updating it works, but what doesn't work now however is the cool spinning 3D shapes which is a bit of a bummer haha

Gray Area

A couple of questions: What is the logo for and do I need one? Or do I already have one? I'm not doing a good job of keeping up with changes since mu tubo is perfect the way it is.
And I'm wondering if shipping- for accessories only- would be less if an order to the US was placed for a fairly large quantity to someone who then redistributed them?

If you haven't updated to the more recent firmware you should have it (it's just where the Tubo logo replaces the temp reading after a few seconds of inactivity - nice touch but not important).

My dual is running the most recent firmware (as I received it) and the logo doesn't pop up when I'm not using it.
My OG has the one before that (works perfectly and haven't had the time/seen the need to update it) and the logo pops up when it's not in use. Just for a few seconds before the screen goes black ;)

I think you have both too so you probably have the same with your original Tubo showing the logo and your dual not...
So, nothing worth bothering about if you'd rather not :D

@Djunta someone a few pages ago was having problems with the device not being recognised. I think the solution was to install the original joytech firmware, and then reinstall the Tubo firmware over that.
Dunno if this would help but an update failed for me once and device wasn't being recognised afterwards, so FJ gave me instructions for entering recovery mode and it fixed my issues:

"if nothing works, enter the recovery mode by taking out the battery. hold the plus button pressed while plugging it in via usb. it should then be able to be updated again, after that the display should start to flash. insert battery again and it should work"

Hope it helps...

little maggie

https://imgur.com/kGlXB9P This is what it looks like. It's not necessary but it looks pretty cool so I wanted it :lol:

If you go to Menu>Screen>Logo it shows if you have it on or off, mine was on before and it never showed any logo but after updating it works, but what doesn't work now however is the cool spinning 3D shapes which is a bit of a bummer haha
Thanks. I don't have the most recent firmware but I do have the logo.

Djunta

Vaporizing > Combusting
@Gray Area Thank you so much! I saw something along those lines but I didn't see to exactly hold the plus button while plugging it in. I got the latest update now just without the logo since the updater is still causing me troubles. Whatever, I guess I will have to live without it for now.

Aerio

@funkyjunky : I just tried to order a vape from you, and seem to be unable to do so. Are you aware that you are having an issue with your shop? I once managed to get to the cart, and then couldn't get any further.

I've attached a screenshot showing the problem. Have tried various browsers, and the console doesn't say anything meaningful other than that you're mixing https and http sources which is giving your site some security issues in chrome.

https://i.imgur.com/OM0sCXm.jpg

This error usually occurs when trying to click "add to cart" while configuring the tubo. This was the only time I got all the way to the cart.

Hope to hear from you, keep on being rad, brother.

Simple Man

Simple Pleasures
Ordered my beech/black Evic this weekend thanks to you all. Plain short whip, short stem, long bent stem, 18 mm water adapter, cork adapter and some extra screens. Got 25Rs on the way from imrbatteries, basket screens from Amazon link earlier in thread, and a supply of meter-long whips from a vendor on NewEgg.

I read every post on the 100+ pages of this thread and watched every video I could find since I'm really OCD about new products. I'm a cheap bastard so I have to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I'd still research exhaustively for new purchases even if I was rolling in it, just the way I am. Anyway, I feel really confident that I can get good results right away because of all the tips and help everyone posted here.

I will probably mostly use the short stem with a whip when vaping solo if that makes it cool enough. My wife prefers water so we'll probably use Tubo >> 18mm water adapter >> d020 bubler >> cork attachment >> whip when we vape together.

I will be impatiently waiting on this great device since my Arizer Air died this week after more than three years of heavy use. I gave all my other vapes to family/friends to help them fuck combustion. All I've got left is my Vapcap M so that'll have to do til this baby comes.

Anything I've missed here? Anything else I need to have on hand before Tubo arrives? Let me know.

Oh yeah, I've tentatively named the new toy "Woody and Buzz" since it is two inseparable parts, made of wood and should bring on some serious buzz. :lol:

giphy.gif

NHCheef

Vape... For your health!
@Simple Man It sure does sound like you've covered all of the bases!

I'm in the same boat... ordered my beech w/grey evic Tubo on 3/15 and am patiently awaiting its arrival. This is my first vape with a removable battery so I stocked up on batteries as well. 4, LG HG2's along with a 30Q from Funky and a 4-bay Efest charger. Thanks for sharing the Amazon link for the basket screens... I just put those on order as well.

Simple Man

Simple Pleasures
I ordered four of the 25Rs. I already have a Nitecore D2 charger that i used with my Air. That should be plenty of cells to have in rotation I'd think.

@NHCheef, glad you're making the jump too. This thing looks like it's perfect for my vape style.

Last edited:

Simple Man

Simple Pleasures
@Simple Man Yep, it looks near perfect for my usage as well. I don't know if it'll entirely replace my Underdog but we'll see. I'm sure the Tubo will see 100% usage during the honeymoon phase... how long that lasts is anyone's guess!

Only until the next episode of VAS hits. lol. Actually, for me, once I find something that works I'm out of buying mode until it isn't doing the job anymore. But, I'm that guy that orders the same thing every time at my favorite restaurant. You know, if it ain't broke ...

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Do any of you fine folks have any idea if there will be a 4/20 sale this year?

I think I am finally ready to join team tubo but I could wait a few weeks if it would save me some money. :peace:

Evilevile

Ordered my 'Beach Blonde.' Beech and Gold. Short stem, long bent stem, plain whip, 18mm WPA.

This is the most money I've spent on a vaporizer to date. I couldn't afford it but I can't help but feel it's an important investment for many reasons.

Excited is an understatement. Currently using SBJR as my daily driver. My Arizer Air doesn't get much use lately because of the lack of power and time required.

And I just love that convection flavor. Smooth even when dry.

sickmanfraud

Ordered my 'Beach Blonde.' Beech and Gold. Short stem, long bent stem, plain whip, 18mm WPA.

This is the most money I've spent on a vaporizer to date. I couldn't afford it but I can't help but feel it's an important investment for many reasons.

Excited is an understatement. Currently using SBJR as my daily driver. My Arizer Air doesn't get much use lately because of the lack of power and time required.

And I just love that convection flavor. Smooth even when dry.

You will find that you made a wise purchase.

Ramie121

Hi everyone,

Just like @Simple Man I like to do proper research before pulling the trigger on buying something such as vape etc. Having read all the pages and watched a few videos I decided that the Tubo Evic will be my next vape and just purchased one :)

I love vapes and wanted a new one, got a little bonus and been a while since I treated myself. I already have UnderDog log vape - very good vape but I sadly always seem to overlook it and use my Dyna Omni which I think is amazing just because it's so simple. I also have the Da Vinci IQ but rarely use although I quite it like.

All I wanted to ask if anyone from the UK has bought a tubo before? and did you have to pay a customs fee? ask because when I bought an underdog vape I had to pay a £50 customs fee. I don't really want that surprise in 4 weeks lol

Does anyone know if these basket caps will fit/work?

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BDLG7J7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2S8ADS763DIGZ&psc=1

Cheers

Last edited:

Gray Area

@Ramie121 you won't pay any customs or other charges (Royal Mail handling :cuss: ) on a package from Switzerland to the UK.

Mine were just delivered to my door like any other post... :tup:

Gray Area,
Reactions: Ramie121

almost there

Hi guys, i'm new here, i'm from Italy and today i get my first vape a tubo evic, so after my first 2 session i think my vape is burning my weed but i dont know if its dark dark Brown, i checked my tcr and its ok. I post a photo any advice thanks

free image hosting

free image hosting
That definitely is a mixture of charred and unvaped material. Are u preheating and what temp are u using?

Last edited:
almost there,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Also how are you packing it? If you're doing uncapped basket screen close to the heater, there's no cap (as with the capsules) to absorb some extra heat, and also it's dangerous to go above 400f with the load that close to the heater (esp uncapped)

Tubo definitely favors a quicker-paced draw speed in my experience as well. If your resistance is right, and your temp values were correct, then try adjusting draw speed.

Definitely report back and let us know how you get along. Perhaps it is technique, since both of my tubos were ok to go with no fiddling right out of the box, but I did see someone say that the tubo requires technique the other day (which never really crossed my mind tbh, with cruise mode the thing is brainless to use)

also - do not hit when it's in warmup :) Could also be a cause

Saerdna

Svapatore seriale
Yes i used warm up mode and after that i put the temperature at 195/220 c°.
I packed my bowl with the rim screen at the bottom but i didnt stir the material by The session at the first session. Draw speed can sure be the cause, tonight after work i re try

Saerdna,
Reactions: muunch
Top Bottom