Mine arrived finally and looks great :o
Customs made some trouble though. They mangled the package and got some little scratches on the display while also slapping me with a nice extra fee. But oh well, nothing too bad. Now time to figure out the best settings for this work of art :D .

Your profile says you're in the EU. I thought there was no customs for stuff bought from Switzerland since they're within the European single market?

cacahahacaca,
cacahahacaca,

Gray Area

but this quote doesn't say anything about taxes on trading goods between Switzerland and the EU :)

there are no customs charges for goods from Switzerland to eu countries. It’s a member of the European Free Trade Association: EFTA :tup:

Gray Area,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Only a few countries are members of EFTA afaik, this doesn't say anything also :)
We here have to pay for goods coming from Switzerland as it's not a member of the EU. VAT for goods worth between 45€ and 250€ and VAT + customs for goods worth more than 250€.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: dudeguy

dudeguy

Well I no longer have the invoice from customs so I am not sure how much it was exactly but I think it was something between 30€ and 40€. Bummer, but back then I was mainly happy for the Tubo to finally arrive. Better check if your country is part of the EFTA before ordering. I expect this also might raise problems if something needs to get repaired.

dudeguy,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Checkvape1win

there are no customs charges for goods from Switzerland to eu countries. It’s a member of the European Free Trade Association: EFTA :tup:

It might be correct for some countries, but not for all.
I know at least Denmark has taxes on things imported from Switzerland (only country I bothered researching since I live there, it ended up being true too).

Checkvape1win,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Happy new year to everyone.
In my case, from Lamart to EU, i paid (on receipt,not through customs) 26.5 euros - for value 210e -.But i think,i would pay the same,even my order was 100 euros or so.

Consolidated21,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Do I get a very lightly used tubo evic now for 200 or wait for the p80 to drop again and maybe get one at 235. Is the performance worth the wait risk and extra money?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Do I get a very lightly used tubo evic now for 200 or wait for the p80 to drop again and maybe get one at 235. Is the performance worth the wait risk and extra money?

Over a TUBO evic?

Yes - I would wait.

If it was a Tetra heater, I could understand the hesitation... I personally think the Tetra heater is a decent bit quicker, more powerful, and more even-roasting than the Tubo heater. I also think the P80 looks much better and it's simply a fact that it carries much better.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Over a TUBO evic?

Yes - I would wait.

If it was a Tetra heater, I could understand the hesitation... I personally think the Tetra heater is a decent bit quicker, more powerful, and more even-roasting than the Tubo heater. I also think the P80 looks much better and it's simply a fact that it carries much better.

At what price would the tubo be worth getting over the p80. I'm gonna try and talk them down

Zuhdj,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
At what price would the tubo be worth getting over the p80. I'm gonna try and talk them down

It's still a good vape. I think Tubos tend to hold their value pretty well, but from what I understand drops will be occurring relatively frequently, so it's totally at your discretion. There's a reason they hold their value, but I personally would much rather buy either a used Dual (or Tetra) - or just wait a few weeks tops for another drop than buy a single battery Tubo Evic - but that's just me... and I have already experienced them all. The tri-tubo heater is still very very good and capable.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah its still a great vape, got mine $190 new and I think that is still pretty fair, but if you can get them to $175 that is a nice deal (especially with accessories) so any less would be a steal for this caliber of vape? I mean its also a rare collectors item now! Still top tier and unique

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Even at 150$ i personally would go with the p80. I've had the TUBOevic and i got my mod part failed twice,once nearly out of the box. Also the design is more enclosed and overheating was an issue for some guys including me. I finally gave up and got myself an TUBOx ,so i can change the mod and rebuild the 510 connection on my own . The P80 is newer and also i better build quality and from IME more reliable company + the mod is not enclosed in wood from every side.
I myself am thinking of upgrading to TETRAx,cause i am curious of the new extra tube ,but money is always an issue where i live ,so it wont be for a while.

Hussan311

I love my tubo evic I do got the tetra heater but I just switched back to dry herb from concentrates a few weeks back and it's crazy how good it is and the flavor i got a mighty and other dry herb Vapes but I don't think anything compares to the tetra heater it's amazing

I've been using my Tubo Evic for a year now and have recently experience some problems.

At first, the heater wouldn't heat up at my usual temps (380F and 430F). I turned up the coil resistance and it worked fine for a week, but now the same problem is occurring again. The screen shows the temp jumping around from 500F to 700F, while the heater remains cold. Anyone else experienced this issue? The wattage shows 50w normally, but during cruise mode the wattage is at 0.9w or 1w.

almost there

I've been using my Tubo Evic for a year now and have recently experience some problems.

At first, the heater wouldn't heat up at my usual temps (380F and 430F). I turned up the coil resistance and it worked fine for a week, but now the same problem is occurring again. The screen shows the temp jumping around from 500F to 700F, while the heater remains cold. Anyone else experienced this issue? The wattage shows 50w normally, but during cruise mode the wattage is at 0.9w or 1w.
sounds like a connection issue with the heater to the mod. Email FJ and he can take care of you

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hey I just got a very slightly used tubo evic in the mail and it is combusting at 300°f. Can someone help me get all of the settings fixed so it works properly?

I packed a basket screen like you would with a milaana or airizer. And ripped it really hard

Edit: I looked at my settings for the coil resistance and its the ni setting that's showing up on the homescreen not the tubo option. How do I fix it?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey I just got a very slightly used tubo evic in the mail and it is combusting at 300°f. Can someone help me get all of the settings fixed so it works properly?

I packed a basket screen like you would with a milaana or airizer. And ripped it really hard

Edit: I looked at my settings for the coil resistance and its the ni setting that's showing up on the homescreen not the tubo option. How do I fix it?

I think stock has edit as 4clicks, then when ni is flashing at the top you can push up and down I think to cycle back to proper tubo setting

Shit Snacks,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I think stock has edit as 4clicks, then when ni is flashing at the top you can push up and down I think to cycle back to proper tubo setting
It was in the edit mode. Thank you

New question. How do I make it so warmup mode goes into cruise mode

Last edited:
Zuhdj,
Top Bottom