bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
And it's gone again. I won't go into details because i don't want to put anyone off looking at the Tubo/Tetra/TetraX as new vape. it's a GD beast of a vaporizer, and everyone should buy one lol. honestly it's been amazing! especially at the price point imo.
But after 2 years of solid service it's crapped out on me lol.
hopefully i can send it back it to be looked over but that'll have to wait either way. friggin xmas and friggin kids taking all my VAS money :(.
I'd like FJ to adapt the TETRAx and offer a version as the heater with the 510 right on it rather than only the cable design.

I say this in reply to your post only because the heater needn't be permanently boxed in with the modest Evic mod the Tubos use. I concede that configuration hassles are a barrier to entry and that for some if not most of the vape shoppers out there it's intimidating to buy a device that needs an initial setup. My counter would be that the heater is the thing Lamart actually makes and the mod (which I got for $25 on eBay when I bought my TUBOx) could be what holds the heater back some depending on your perspective. When I use other 510 devices I enjoy how the performance improves with a more precise box mod. The TETRAx is still an option for that scenario but only with the cable, which is only really handy for desktop water use.

And in your case maybe it ends up being the mod that shit the bed and you could have just popped it on a different one and been back in business. Far from hating I'd personally love to try a no-cable TETRAx on one of my DNA mods.

Grobalot

@bossman that's exactly that i'm thinking too. the coils are working. not a loose connection as was the first thought i dot think. i've re-flashed again since i posted earlier and it's still not happy.
I'm pointed in the direction of another 510 vape at the moment and will happily wait and see what happens with what Ralph is releasing in the future :)
i love the idea of the tubo wand i'm very tempted to get the tetraX but seeing if something new might appeal to me more for the time being lol.
i've got a Drag 2 platinum that i use daily so more than enough wattage for most 510 vapes in that respect. i'd have to buy a new mod for the TetraX and it puts me off a little if i'm honest. the mods to run one aren't super expensive, but at the same time it's another expense to get the wife to agree too haha

Grobalot,
Reactions: bossman

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
When I use other 510 devices I enjoy how the performance improves with a more precise box mod.

The performance of TUBO/TETRA devices wouldn't improve with another box mod. As far as I know (please feel welcome to correct me) these are the facts here: Somewhen somehow the sorce code of the joytech/evic devices firmware was made public or leaked or whatever. Some freaks took this source code and pimped it with new/better features and the myevic (or surmyevic, can't say which one is original which the fork) firmware was born. Ralph now took the myevic source code and pimped it again to fit his devices as well as possible.

That's why warm up, cruise, this whole TCR stuff, works perfect with the TUBOs/TETRAs. For the TUBOx/TETRAx and the right mod, you only have to set correct ohms. Thats one number to change once. Really not a big thing.

Fiddled around quite some time with TCR on DNA mods to control different Splinters and the Lil'Bud Elite. Never got one of these devices running in a for me satisfying way. I'm running all of them in wattage. And really like it :)

As the firmware of the DNA chips is not open source, no one except Evolv doesn't even know, how their TCR modes/algorithms really work. So I don't know, why TUBOs/TETRAs should work better with a mod, not exclusively configered to work with exactly these devices :)

Maybe with lots of try and error and luck once may find settings on a DNA mod, that let a TUBOx/TETRAx perform a litte "better", but can't imagine it would be worth the effort.

Last edited:

Grobalot

all i know is, i loved the thing loads and it worked every day without fail. the software works brill no matter what Ralph did to it and its a really impressive device. competes with desktops in a portable form and it works very well and very efficiently.
mine was well looked after but very heavily used. so i'm impressed it lasted so long. back to back high temp sessions that ran though 4 vtc6's and 4 30Q's one after the other without skipping a beat. got a little warm to say the least but it is an absolute beast.
the firmware tweaks where reliable and in terms of finding a perfect temp for any amount of relief needed and worked consistently.
super device from a really lovely guy. 10/10 would buy again given the opportunity

bin a roller-coaster this week lol.
decided to try something else in desperation to get my baby working again.
went and found the data cable for my VooPoo Platinum and flashed the eVic with the vctwo mini firmware so it would be as it was from factory(ish) and fired the coils. no glow, but the device recognised the resistance straight away so that was a good sign. proceeded to re-download the tubo firmware and flashed it. it worked without any silly "device not recognised" popup.
set the coil resistance to the same value as Ralph sent it out, set the 'Tubo Set' to 185 on M1, 2 and 3. Set 'Zero All' in the Manage menu and Check to No.
set the clicks back to the way i like them and set the date and time for my screen saver lol.
i think i may have flashed it previously with a faulty data cable and the update was corrupted. not certain but that's my hypothesis atleast.
fired it up and it worked! no wild temp fluctuations, responded to draw and kept the temp steady at 180*c with some home gown french lavender that's been 2 years cured and it worked a charm! no scorching, no hot spots. toasted to perfection.
giving it a proper try with some White Grape later on tonight. I wish i could show you guys the frost on it. My grow bro has done an amazing job with it.
Anyway, i wanted to post this so if anyone in the future struggles with the eVic for any reason or runs into similar issues after an update or just in general, i've found a solution that works at the moment.
anyway, Ralph's a don and his vapes are the tits and i'm a happy little chappy once again :D
hopefully it'll be working again for a good long while, but just in case, i've got @funkyjunky on standby if anything else goes wrong lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
The evic box mods seem to have another strange behavior, which could lead to errors: If you flash the original firmware over any myevic firmware (to reset all settings as I did) and then flash a myevic again, all settings are kept.

So if you like to reset all settings, you'll have to flash the Arctic Fox firmware via the NFE toolbox. If you then flash a myevic again, you'll get the original settings.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: dimmusp

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
to get a clean install of the firmware you can use the nfetools updater, update tubomyevic, reset dataflash, update tubomyevic.

alternatively you can install the original joyetech/wismec software, followed by the tubomyevic again, that should do the same.

then its important that you enter the menu>coils>TUBO_set menu. the tcr values get saved like this again, they are sometimes not taken over after an update. also enter the recommended coil resistance in menu>coils>manage>TUBO, make sure the lock symbol is there and also set Check to NO. that should do it.

as for DNA mods, they dont offer anything to the table in my opinion. theoretically more stable tc (they are very stable with tubomyevic:hmm:, i personally cannot tell a difference) cannot make up for; up to 900s fire protection, cruise control, warmup, ecolevels, temperature stepper. also there are a few minor things that control overshooting and some added battery protection that i added over time to tubomyevic.

@bossman there are no plans for a direct 510 pin on the tubo heater. it gets large, or needs to be sideways (check first page of the thread). in fact i started out with this project as an attachment like many are now but didnt like the unwieldy profile at all and then decided to put it on the side of the evic. thats when the shell came into play and the tubo evic was born.

Grobalot

to get a clean install of the firmware you can use the nfetools updater, update tubomyevic, reset dataflash, update tubomyevic.

alternatively you can install the original joyetech/wismec software, followed by the tubomyevic again, that should do the same.
As i said in the email, thats pretty much what i ended up doing. so far so good but we'll see what happens when it get super warm later on lol.
thanks again @funkyjunky you are a superstar for putting up with my questions lol :bowdown:

RxPlorer

For those of you with the Nub cooling mouthpiece, do you make stem milk with it? Otherwise how do you collect that amazing nectar? I’m kind of thinking that an everclear soak is a better option than putting cream in it. There are so many little crevices. I also wonder about how fragile the glass joints are and whether they will hold up well to repeat rinses.

Last edited:
RxPlorer,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Hmmm anyone have experience using the Evic with a Hydrotube? Something like a normal 14mm hydrotube or any of the VapeXhale bubblers (lynx, calyx, or other)?

Thanks!

deadlytoaster,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
not quite a hydrotube, but an 18mm female piece (sceptre from sneakypete) along w the boundless tera WPA adapter and an aftermarket hitemp oring on the wpa. It all works exceptionally well for me and is incredibly stable.
thumbnail-IMG-9702.jpg

MonkeyTime

Hmmm anyone have experience using the Evic with a Hydrotube? Something like a normal 14mm hydrotube or any of the VapeXhale bubblers (lynx, calyx, or other)?

Thanks!

I use mine that way all the time, HT'are always within reach.

I've found both 14 & 18mm ones that work great with it, same as pictured above from PIU, they call them Sippers. The 14mm works great with a GH too!

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
not quite a hydrotube, but an 18mm female piece (sceptre from sneakypete) along w the boundless tera WPA adapter and an aftermarket hitemp oring on the wpa. It all works exceptionally well for me and is incredibly stable.
thumbnail-IMG-9702.jpg
Exactly what I needed to see and hear!! Does the curve in the mouthpiece let you see the vapor pooling up?

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Jill NYC

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
firmware update!

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

despite not getting even a cent when there was a donation button i decided to make this iteration public again (i dont mean anyone with tubo products as this is included in the price of course). a gift for the community, merry christmas!

the latest firmware contains all successful features of previous firmware updates. Be careful when running the firmware with non-TUBO heaters.
191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin
- new models added to compatibility list, see further down
- led functionaiity if available, turn on/off in menu>interface>led
- tubo power mode with session duration display
- power bar by u/uniquealt, menu>interface>pwbar
- button switch when display flipped
- adjustments to warmup mode, eco mode, tweaks

firmware supported box mods

Joyetech
  • eVic VTC Mini
  • eVic VTC Dual
  • eVic VTwo Mini
  • eVic VTwo
  • eVic AIO
  • eVic Basic
  • eGrip II / Light
  • Cuboid
  • Cuboid Mini
  • Cuboid 200
  • Evic Primo v1 / v2
  • Evic Primo mini
  • Evic Primo SE
Wismec
  • Presa TC75W
  • Presa TC100W
  • Reuleaux RX75
  • Reuleaux RX200S
  • Reuleaux RX2/3
  • Reuleaux RXmini
  • Reuleaux RX300
  • Sinuous + Predator 228W
  • Reuleaux RX Gen3
  • Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual
  • RX2 20700
  • Sinuous P80
  • RX2 21700

Eleaf
  • Invoke

Others
  • Vaponaute La Petite Box

GTX1

firmware update!

I feel like there might be a way to fix it in the settings and I can't find it, but the temp buttons are flipped now on my Dual after flashing this new update. Not a big deal at all just wanted to throw it out there.

GTX1,

1nd3cEnt

I feel like there might be a way to fix it in the settings and I can't find it, but the temp buttons are flipped now on my Dual after flashing this new update. Not a big deal at all just wanted to throw it out there.

Flip display: press + & - together while unit is off, but the temp buttons flipped, I cannot find that in the menus.

1nd3cEnt,

sickmanfraud

When I upgraded the Firmware to my OG Tubo Evic and Tubo Dual the screen wound up being upside down even though they were ok before the update. However, the Evic was upside down inside the Tubo so my vapes thought they were now upside down.

Whew, even I am confused by that description.

Bottom line, do not be alarmed if your screen "flips" when you update existing firmware to the latest version.

As mentioned here previously Turn off the vape. Push both plus and minus at the same time. The screen will flip momentarily and will be switched when you turn it on again.

Edit: updating the firmware using Arctic fox to do the update went smoother and way easier than the OG joytech updater. At least for me.

sickmanfraud,

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Edit: updating the firmware using Arctic fox to do the update went smoother and way easier than the OG joytech updater. At least for me.

And for me also much easier via NFE Tools.
How 'll i get away from 'W2C Eco' mod ?

mod note: edited to fix broken quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Consolidated21,

GTX1

Bottom line, do not be alarmed if your screen "flips" when you update existing firmware to the latest version.

As mentioned here previously Turn off the vape. Push both plus and minus at the same time. The screen will flip momentarily and will be switched when you turn it on again.

Alright so just to repeat, my issue isn't with the screen being flipped, it's that my + and - buttons are flipped in the orientation I have always used it in. I flipped my display so that its facing the large fire button and yes, the + button now raises temperature and - lowers it, but when I flip the display back the other way, which the way I prefer to use it and always have, and the buttons do the opposite.

It's really not that big of a deal, I've already taught myself to start using the buttons in reverse, but I wanted to bring it up as others may have the same issue and have such an easy go of it..

GTX1,

MonkeyTime

Alright so just to repeat, my issue isn't with the screen being flipped, it's that my + and - buttons are flipped in the orientation I have always used it in. I flipped my display so that its facing the large fire button and yes, the + button now raises temperature and - lowers it, but when I flip the display back the other way, which the way I prefer to use it and always have, and the buttons do the opposite.

It's really not that big of a deal, I've already taught myself to start using the buttons in reverse, but I wanted to bring it up as others may have the same issue and have such an easy go of it..

Per Funky himself above...

menu>interface>pwbar
- button switch when display flipped

If it's already in the correct setting, flip the screen, change the setting and flip it back. It may just be stuck in that position?

MonkeyTime,
Top Bottom