• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Tsunami by NewVape

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
but i feel like 90% of what it offers could be accomplished by making an adapter that connects an existing dcup to a peak/carta top.

There's already a company making a banger adapter for the Peak - basically a glass part that sits where the atomizer goes, that has a female glass connection.

Dcup would probably tip over the Peak base like this so it couldn't just be left on, but yeah you can pretty much already accomplish the same thing.

https://mrbonsai.net/collections/fr...adapters-10mm-and-14mm-glass-joints-available

Like I said - the Dcup (and other similar products) never really appealed to me, because they put a massive amount of metal in the airpath... I mean. The glass connection part is full Ti. Sure it's a sweet feat of engineering, and I appreciate that other people like it, but I don't want a massive metal airpath.

muunch,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Tsumani looks like a heavy metal dab tank ! I like the design,looks really bullerproof except for the glass parts ,why not add an unbreakable hydratube in the vein of the Steele Concept waterpipe :),then it will be fully ready for a bar. :D
Or maybe something like this but hydratube style ,lol http://recsmoker.com
hrb18ap.jpg

Last edited:

Baron23

Tsumani looks like a heavy metal dab tank ! I like the design,looks really bullerproof except for the glass parts ,why not add an unbreakable hydratube in the vein of the Steele Concept waterpipe :),then it will be fully ready for a bar. :D
Or maybe something like this but hydratube style ,lol http://recsmoker.com
hrb18ap.jpg
That's a very, very cool piece. $420 though......do you think its made of bronze or ???

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That's a very, very cool piece. $420 though......do you think its made of bronze or ???
It looks like those are assembled from Beer brewing equipment but done nicely :). There was even a DIY thread somewhere Tri-Clamp-Bong or something like that.
Edited:
I am guessing material is Stainless steel either,probably 304,if changes colors when heated like titanium,so probably he did some of that to get that yellow color or it is just the light :).
Found the thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tri-clamp-bong-stainless-steel-bong.24831/

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
thank you @Abysmal Vapor I remembered that thread but I'm far too lazy to locate it. well done!

Those recsmokers are making bank - $420! :rolleyes: Just another example of pre-existing shit being repurposed, given a cute 420 name, then charging insane mark-up for the stoner/dabber marketplace.
Nothing wrong with it, hooray capitalism - caveat emptor and all that jive, but Ive found that it often pays to either be informed, adept at online research, or just have clever mates on FC. All In My Humblest Opinion, of course. :D but their stuff does look really cool, and if I were the Tin Man I'd be all over that shit. I'm talking endorsement deals, co-branded merch, the whole deal.

Burnt Toast

Like I said - the Dcup (and other similar products) never really appealed to me, because they put a massive amount of metal in the airpath... I mean. The glass connection part is full Ti. Sure it's a sweet feat of engineering, and I appreciate that other people like it, but I don't want a massive metal airpath.

You’ve mentioned this before and I’ve seen it elsewhere once or twice, I don’t see anybody arguing otherwise. As a neophyte I’m interested in your objections to the titanium in the air oath. Could you enlighten me?

Burnt Toast,

started@52

You’ve mentioned this before and I’ve seen it elsewhere once or twice, I don’t see anybody arguing otherwise. As a neophyte I’m interested in your objections to the titanium in the air path. Could you enlighten me?
I’ll buy(but still don’t understand how) people don’t like the taste actually dabbing directly on a Ti surface, but I don’t buy tasting Ti Just from the air path. All the air in any of the flowerpots goes through a very hot Ti airpath before it hits the herb and no one complains about that.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Could you enlighten me?

Glass > metal?

Even if it's Ti - glass tastes better and is more pure.

I mean it's fine they do wanna argue it, but either way, I could tell the difference in taste between glass FP bowl and Ti FP bowl. Same with Vapcaps - Try a glass-lined vapcap, then a Ti or SS lined vapcap...

Also the body of the Tsunami is aluminum - not full titanium? Even worse?

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I’ll buy(but still don’t understand how) people don’t like the taste actually dabbing directly on a Ti surface, but I don’t buy tasting Ti Just from the air path. All the air in any of the flowerpots goes through a very hot Ti airpath before it hits the herb and no one complains about that.

Some surfaces are more inert than others. Some people are more sensitive than others. Some people have a personal preference.

I didnt think I could taste Ti until I switched to SiC. I didnt think I could taste SiC till I switched to sapphire.

But I think we've had this conversation multiple times already :)

Glass > metal?

Even if it's Ti - glass tastes better and is more pure.

I mean it's fine they do wanna argue it, but either way, I could tell the difference in taste between glass FP bowl and Ti FP bowl. Same with Vapcaps - Try a glass-lined vapcap, then a Ti or SS lined vapcap...

Also the body of the Tsunami is aluminum - not full titanium? Even worse?

I dont think theres aluminium in the airpath at all, but I'm kinda guessing there.

Burnt Toast

Elite level taste buds here guys! I doubt I could taste the air path myself. Probably the dabbing surface, with experience, but a Ti air path?

Is there any question about safety of Ti in this regard?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Elite level taste buds here guys! I doubt I could taste the air path myself. Probably the dabbing surface, with experience, but a Ti air path?

I think after getting used to a vape setup (vaping hundreds and hundreds of bowls in a particular manner...) you can tell when even the SLIGHTEST thing causes a difference.

Dab surface is particularly noticeable, and I think any seasoned quartz/corundum dabber would be able to pick out a metal dab surface in a blind test.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I think after getting used to a vape setup (vaping hundreds and hundreds of bowls in a particular manner...) you can tell when even the SLIGHTEST thing causes a difference.

Dab surface is particularly noticeable, and I think any seasoned quartz/corundum dabber would be able to pick out a metal dab surface in a blind test.

I do dream about an all glass air path DCup, just to compare. It would be an experiment I would take great delight in attempting, but thats a request for a different thread :)

Totally agreed about the dab surface btw.

Baron23

So, looking at the latest vid/pics of the design, it appears to have an insert (that is, the dabbing surface is not Ti, I believe), a glass path now direct from the bowl into the body, and it would appear that this glass extends into the cavity where the bubbler attaches and yeah, at that point it would appear that the vapor is exposed to the aluminum body...well away from the heat so I personally am not bothered.

But, this is all guess work as I don't believe that we have had a view down into that cavity to see how the glass air path tube mates with the bubbler....or....???

I do not like Ti as a dab surface at all but don't mind it in the air path. My Liger and D-nail Halos are examples of the later.

Baron23,
Reactions: muunch

Baron23

@NewVape710 - Hi Edwyn - just looked at the latest prototype and a question and a thought.

1. Question - is the air path tube between the banger and the body now Ti? I don't mind that at all but it was glass before. Also, I see that you raised it up in the bucket pretty good which I think is a smart move.

2. Just a thought about the round body. The PID that's contained in there is square, no? So, isn't making it round just making it bigger (i.e. diameter that encompasses all four corners of the square PID would leave a lot of metal or dead space in between, no?).

Still looking forward to seeing this product's evolution to GA.

Cheers and sorry, Virginia Key is a bit far. I saw Virginia and perked up....cause I live in MD. Ah....reading comprehension is down the shitter along with everything else! haha

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@NewVape710 - Hi Edwyn - just looked at the latest prototype and a question and a thought.

1. Question - is the air path tube between the banger and the body now Ti? I don't mind that at all but it was glass before. Also, I see that you raised it up in the bucket pretty good which I think is a smart move.

2. Just a thought about the round body. The PID that's contained in there is square, no? So, isn't making it round just making it bigger (i.e. diameter that encompasses all four corners of the square PID would leave a lot of metal or dead space in between, no?).

Still looking forward to seeing this product's evolution to GA.

Cheers and sorry, Virginia Key is a bit far. I saw Virginia and perked up....cause I live in MD. Ah....reading comprehension is down the shitter along with everything else! haha

Obviously, I know that question is for Edwyn, but I was talking about this with @Justpassedu when the previous iteration came up and my guess was that the PID is out of its box and the internals have been rehoused in the body of the Tsunami. Your question reminded me of that :)

IIRC the previous version had the PID readout on the front but the power cable had been moved to the side of the Tsunami.

EDIT: There is a new video by Ed showing off the tsunami on newvape's instagram.

Last edited:

Baron23

Obviously, I know that question is for Edwyn, but I was talking about this with @Justpassedu when the previous iteration came up and my guess was that the PID is out of its box and the internals have been rehoused in the body of the Tsunami. Your question reminded me of that :)

IIRC the previous version had the PID readout on the front but the power cable had been moved to the side of the Tsunami.

EDIT: There is a new video by Ed showing off the tsunami on newvape's instagram.
Oh wow, thanks...yeah, he must have just posted that as I thought I had looked yesterday.

Any idea how the glass bubbler attaches to its aluminum base? I mean, its got to come out to be cleaned. O-ring maybe?

I'm still very interested in how this product comes out.

@NewVape710 - good luck at the show, I bet the Tsunami is a total crowd catcher.

Cheers

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
I love the concept here, it's something I could see myself toting between the garage and different rooms in the house... but it'd have to be quite a bit smaller/sleeker for me to consider it as a replacement for my banger/coil setup. I wonder if the MaxVapor internals might afford a bit more freed space?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@NewVape710 would it be possible to machine a Tsunami cap that accepts an Adjustabowl and then a WeedEater on top of that or would that be a bad idea with the fine particles getting through to the dish?

Last edited:
YaMon,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Oh wow, thanks...yeah, he must have just posted that as I thought I had looked yesterday.

Any idea how the glass bubbler attaches to its aluminum base? I mean, its got to come out to be cleaned. O-ring maybe?

I'm still very interested in how this product comes out.

@NewVape710 - good luck at the show, I bet the Tsunami is a total crowd catcher.

Cheers

No idea I'm afraid. Im not a Peak user either, just an innocent bystander making guesses :)

Top Bottom