trying for heavier effect edibles

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
So, I just decarb in a regular oven @ 220F-230F for around an hour. In a glass dish with foil cover. After which, I place 'decarbed' bud crumble in coco oil in same glass dish and steep in oil for 4-6 hours @ 160F. I then freeze strained oil in candy molds. I put those in my hot chocolates in the morning. Well, I look at the boiling points of a lot of the heavier effect cannaboids and they are up in the 300F + range. My stash through the whole process from decarb to hot chocolate never gets above 240F. I am missing all those goodies by not cooking with my oil and hitting those temps ever? Would I get a heavier effect from my oil if I made brownies or treats cooking @ 350F? Do I have a clue what I am talking about? I will say this, the hot chocolates are kick ass as-is, but would like a bit less pep or more schlep. Have a most wonderful day!

Baked-not-fried,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well, I look at the boiling points of a lot of the heavier effect cannaboids and they are up in the 300F + range. My stash through the whole process from decarb to hot chocolate never gets above 240F. I am missing all those goodies by not cooking with my oil and hitting those temps ever? Would I get a heavier effect from my oil if I made brownies or treats cooking @ 350F? Do I have a clue what I am talking about? I will say this, the hot chocolates are kick ass as-is, but would like a bit less pep or more schlep. Have a most wonderful day!

Those compounds are being extracted into your coconut oil and will be processed by your body very differently than if you were to vaporize that plant material. Those boiling points do not apply in this infused oil scenario.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can get some pretty heavy/sleepy effect from using ABV while making cannabis oil.

Directly grinding up ABV (super fine) and making a peanut butter chocolate milkshake will work. The peanut butter and chocolate hides the ABV taste. Make sure you allow a few hours before the effects kick in. The ABV needs to have some medium brown color. If it’s almost black it won’t work as well.

Daijyobudave

Unapproved commercial account.
There is a product called the Ardent Nova Lift that will decarb dried flowers for optimum potency. Takes a lot of the guesswork out (and the stench in your kitchen !)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
There is a product called the Ardent Nova Lift that will decarb dried flowers for optimum potency. Takes a lot of the guesswork out (and the stench in your kitchen !)

Also, doesn't the Magical Butter Machine have a good functioning decarb mode as well?

The MBM and the Nova are in a similar price range. So I would be interested in people's opinions of both.

Are they similar, or does the Nova excel over the MBM's decarb mode?

Ramahs,
Check out the site sousweed.com

One tip for using Sous Vide... get some ping pong balls. LMAO

I use a 3.5 gallon pot and it takes the sous vide machine about an hour to heat that much water. Once it is heated a ton of it evaps out and the heat escapes and it's tough to keep the temp up and the water level full...... so, I read about someone who used ping pong balls on top of the water like a 'lid'. WOW!! Worked great. LOL You can't use a regular lid because the sous vide machine sticks out the top. I suppose you cold cut a circle out of the lid to allow the sous vide machine to poke through. Or, they have plastic sous vide 'buckets' that have lids with cutouts. I read about the ping pong balls and I'll never look back. LOL Just a little FYI

sickmanfraud

Are they similar, or does the Nova excel over the MBM's decarb mode?

The Ardent should work much better for decarb.

FYI, 240 F for 40 Minutes in an oven works for a complete decarb, but much more odor than an Ardent.

If you want to emphasize "heavier effects" you could use a couple heat and defrost cycles with the canna oil.

sickmanfraud,
If you want a 'heavier' effect or any specific effect, I find adding my own terps to edibles will do that quite well. I have recipes for pain, sleepy and party mixes and they all work quite well.

One of the members PM'd me and asked if I would post some of my recipes.

I bought the 5 most prominent terps so all my recipes contain only those 5.

Couple things to remember. I almost always add Myrcene. Not so much for the effect but rather because it is a giant assist in bioavailability and it will help more THC get into your system in less time. So, more effect and faster onset.

Another thing is to NEVER forget the lecithin. First off, it is a homogenizer and it will help to make sure the final product does not have variation in strength or effect. Second, and most importantly, it is another giant assist in bioavailability. These 2 additives to all your edibles will help get better, more consistent results.

Basic Sativa buzz...

1 gram rosin
0.15ml terps as follows

Sativa

β-Myrcene 91ul --- (63.54%)
α-Pinene 26ul --- (18.53%)
DLimonene 15ul --- (10.6%)
Caryophyllene 9ul --- (6.0%)
Linalool 2ul --- (1.33%)

TOTAL 143ul or 0.143ml (100%)

Sleepy-time mix is equal parts of Myrcene, Linalool and Beta Caryophyllene

Daytime active mix is

1 part Limonene
1/2 part Alpha Pinene
1/2 part Beta Caryophyllene

Party mix is

2 parts Beta Caryophyllene
2 parts Limonene
1 part Myrcene
1/2 part Alpha Pinene

Here is a great chocolate recipe

50ul Linalool
50ul Alpha Pinene
100 Beta Caryophyllene
200ul Limonene
0.5g Cinderella99 Rosin

Choco-candy

2 TBSP Coconut Oil
0.5g Rosin
0.75 TBSP Honey
2 TBSP Pure Cocoa Powder
pinch Sunflower lechithin
dash Vanilla
dash Peppermint oil

Decarb rosin in 20 ml beaker at about 250F

Add 1 TBSP Coconut oil and lechithin, stirring and maintaining ~250F

Stir and cook until 100% blended and almost clear again.

Transfer mix to 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup (or similar) and remain on heat.

Add remaining 1 TBSP of Coconut oil

Add Honey

Stir until well blended

Reduce heat
Add terps
Add 6 or 7 drops of peppermint oil if you want it minty. Or, you can add a TBSP of Peanut butter. Or, toss in some crushed walnuts. Maybe some raisins.

Stir until blended and keep heat low so mix does not bubble.

Pour into molds or small dish and refrigerate.

And......

259lhf7.jpg

Top Bottom