Trump Appoints Anti-Marijuana Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Remember folks, government is a lagging indicator, not a projection snapshot.

That is a very interesting observation, and likely true. The last domino to fall when large public opinion swings occur is official policy. (This used to be less true, viz civil rights act, slavery, suffrage etc....but these days the last folks to act are the policy makers.)

turk

turk
...welll after black fri deliveries I'm pushing the limits of prop 64...somebody's got to do it...lol...bring it on commandant sessions...:rofl:

turk,
Reactions: BD9

grokit

well-worn member
Remember folks, government is a lagging indicator, not a projection snapshot.
Indicator of what? Of a populace's universally pissed-off mood, with a whiff of anarchy in the air?

Trump was the fuck you atom bomb candidate, elected to blow everything up and "drain the swamp".

How's that swamp draining going so far? Because it seems like he's just pulling the most rancid policy makers out from the bottom, and piling them on top of a rotting slag heap of despair and betrayal.

:myday:

Last edited:

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
You're looking at the situation as a something unexpected. I don't. The options we were given this election were the result of the culture getting out of politics what they put in; bullshit.

And I was speaking more about policy rather than people.

yogoshio,
Reactions: BD9

grokit

well-worn member
You're looking at the situation as a something unexpected. I don't.
You can go back as far as you like, and see that I predicted this election 100% accurately.
At the least, I was subscribed to the opinions of those like micheal moore & co.
The moment killary stole the nomination, I knew that it was in the bag for drumpf :2c:

The only people surprised were the ones that believed the fairy tales spun by the msm.

Last edited:
grokit,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Indicator of what? Of a populace's universally pissed-off mood, with a whiff of anarchy in the air?

One out of five Americans voted for Trump. One out of four registered voters voted for him. He lost the popular vote by 2mm plus, and, assuming he takes office, will do so as the least popular president ever.

Describing Americans as "universally" pissed off isn't even remotely accurate. Not if you do the simple math involved.

Back on topic....you wanna see "universally pissed-off", just start messing with states' rights regarding weed. :p

KimDracula

Beware Republicans (or pro-slavery/segregationist Democrats in the past) who pay lip service to states rights. That's usually a cover to do gross things in red states rather than a defense against overturning things states do with which they disagree.

Beware those who tell you to give 'em a chance. It's reasonable to hold a candidate responsible for campaign rhetoric as well as for the people he is nominating for high offices. These people have records. We know what they stand for and what they would like to do. We also have plenty of reasons to distrust these people, Trump chief among them. Republicans are, after all, talking about what they'd like to do with Medicare, for instance when Trump promised his supporters that wouldn't happen. We know these people. It's the same con as always.

Jeff Sessions, while failing to be confirmed back in the 80s, has been a senator for a long time and will likely be confirmed easily, I fear. We can only hope that Republicans, while they usually overreach, will assume that they don't have enough goodwill or political capital (mandate? don't make me laugh) to take away insurance from tens of millions, legal weed from millions more, voucherize Medicare, and privatize public schools all at once. I want to believe that cannabis isn't really on the list of priorities but there's no good reason to believe it and there's much to worry about besides.

turk

turk
...always an interesting phenomena in the American model...repubs...as soon as they get in office...immediately ...start implementing their agenda....democrats...they get existential..."oh what should I do now about".?.....and the moment is missed...
...happens every time..

tx93budsmane

whoooooo?
+1

Why give them a chance to dumb down science education and destroy the environment?

Mike Pence wants creationism taught in schools and seemingly attacked evolution because it's "a theory." For all I know the guy is a young earth creationist.
I think the theory will die as that generation does...

tx93budsmane,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just read the article on Yahoo about how Trump likes to micro manage.

This might be a good thing for us, if Trump continues to believe in letting states manage marijuana then he may keep Sessions on a short leash.

Who knows, they may be too busy deporting people to care about pot.

He's also got a wall to build. It's gonna be HUGE!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Trump is a habitual liar. Whatever he said about cannbais in the past - I don't believe 75% of what our President Apprentice says. As it is he's talking about changing the constitution. If he tells folks they can't burn the flag. What do you think they will do? You will see more flag burnings.

With all the hard ass republicans he's putting in place, we need to have hope for another election in another 2 years. His tweeting is not appropriate for a president. He's not even communicating with the American people. He's acting like a fucking dictator.

I have no hope that this president will further the cause of cannabis. Just be thankful for what we have now in some states. I hope he leaves us alone. Talking about riots - he better not mess with our weed!!:leaf:

Edit
As it was @OldNewbie i ended up changing some of what I had posted - it was more devisive at first. I don't want to cause too much turmoil. no I really can't. This is as tame as I can get. I can't get anymore positive about Trump. It is what it is. He is making a mockery so far of the presidency. He definitely is no Obama. These republicans need to think country over politics,

Trump is talking about people losing their citizenship if they burn the flag - that's sounds pretty batshit crazy. Use whatever nouns you want for this sorry excuse for a president. Fucking unreal!!

Last edited:

Tranquility

Trump is a habitual liar. Whatever he said about cannbais in the past - I don't believe 75% of what our President Apprentice says. As it is he's talking about changing the constitution. If he tells folks they can't burn the flag. What do you think they will do? You will see more flag burnings.

With all the hard ass republicans he's putting in place, we need to have hope for another election in another 2 years. His tweeting is not appropriate for a president. He's not even communicating with the American people. He's acting like a fucking dictator.

I have no hope that this president will further the cause of cannabis. Just be thankful for what we have now in some states. I hope he leaves us alone. Talking about riots - he better not mess with our weed.
Is there any way for you to state your opinion without so many pejoratives? I might also remove the threats of violence if you don't get what you want.

If not, I suspect we will not have this forum much longer for anything resembling political debate.

Tranquility,

lwien

Is there any way for you to state your opinion without so many pejoratives?

How can an anti-Trump person possibly not use many pejoratives when stating their opinion about Trump and, btw, I would also ask how any anti-Hillary person could possibly not use a lot of pejorative when stating their opinion about her? Pejoratives kind of comes with the territory, eh, especially after this heated and divisive election?

Last edited:

MinnBobber

How can an anti-Trump person possibly not use many pejoratives when stating their opinion about Trump and, btw, I would also ask how any anti-Hillary person could possibly not use a lot of pejorative when stating their opinion about her? Pejoratives kind of comes with the territory, eh?
Keeping things positive, I can say great things about my party that I voted for in MN and nobody here will have pejoratives to sling at them (hopefully) :
The Legal Marijuana Now Party, a very good cause and this vote cannot be misconstrued like a vote for Hillary or Trump. Misconstrued that either of them was worthy of a vote of confidence--- NOT

Tranquility

How can an anti-Trump person possibly not use many pejoratives when stating their opinion about Trump and, btw, I would also ask how any anti-Hillary person could possibly not use a lot of pejorative when stating their opinion about her? Pejoratives kind of comes with the territory, eh?
One can call Trump's behavior on Tweets unbecoming a President. Saying that tweeting shows he's acting like a dictator seems destined to inflame. What fun we'll have when everyone is throwing Molotov's.

Just wait until after the inauguration; these guys don't care about public opinion or even democracy.

America voted to quarrel amongst ourselves rather than elect an independent statesman :2c:

I think public opinion is all they care about. And, I think that makes them more dangerous.

Tranquility,

KimDracula

One can call Trump's behavior on Tweets unbecoming a President. Saying that tweeting shows he's acting like a dictator seems destined to inflame. What fun we'll have when everyone is throwing Molotov's.

I think public opinion is all they care about. And, I think that makes them more dangerous.

He has given us no reason to calm down; quite the opposite. It is inappropriate and hypocritical for anyone who supports Trump or excuses those who do to act like the anger started when Trump won the contest. He ran a campaign full of fear and hate that has been unique in our time. Trump lit these fires deliberately and continues to fan them. Put the blame where it belongs: on Trump and those gleefully riding the wave of hate he's ushering into the mainstream again.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Or we could blame the DNC for stonewalling a true primary and putting up an un-electable candidate.

I still am dumbfounded how anyone could say Trump won. Hilary lost. And the idea that just because someone prefers Trumps sack of lies over Hilary's sack of corruption means they are wanting to ride a wave of hate. More like they wanted off the wave of blatant political corruption.

KimDracula

I was trying to stay loosely on topic. I was talking more of the kinds of things Trump has been saying and doing since he was elected along with some of his supporters. I was trying to avoid this particular tangent and apparently failed. I could have been clearer.

EDIT: not sorry for the part about the wave of hate, though. "Just" supporting Trump was cosigning all that virulent bigotry. It wasn't traditional dog whistles that allowed bigots at least a shred of deniability. It was right out front. Trump supporters are guilty.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
And that argument in reverse, "just" supporting Hilary meant cosigning on corruption of an entire party and approving the true and utmost hijacking of the political process, including journalistic integrity, which both are touted as the bedrock of a true democracy.

Last edited:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
And that argument in reverse, "just" supporting Hilary meant cosigning on corruption of an entire party and approving the true and utmost hijacking of the political process, including journalistic integrity, which both are touted as the bedrock of a true democracy.

You say it like we should be surprised. But I knew what I was getting into when I voted for Clinton, yes I voted for corruption. That was preferable to the hatred and phobias put out by Drumpf IMO. Are you saying they don't know what they are voting for? Because the guy is clear as day, a racist. Mexican Judge. I rest my case.

Edit: So has anything actually happened besides the grab for flag burning? I kind of want to check back in in January and see what actually happens then.

Also that flag burning stuff. I would never burn a flag, but I would fight for your right to. It's a political statement is what the court last said, and if a billionaire can pump millions to reduce his taxes and that's called free speech, then the guy protesting something can burn a fucking cheapo made in china flag. It's when they criminalize dissent that we need to worry, and it looks like we should be worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom