• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

True or False: If you see vapor as you exhale you are wasting the hit?

SD_haze

scottio19 said:
for those speaking of oxygen deprivation, I have passed out after taking a very high temp vapor bong ripper out my california box vape. must've held it in for 30+ seconds before feeling extremely light headed, fell on the corner of my bed and rolled off face-first onto the floor

not one of my proudest moments :ko:. while my carpet softened the impact, it also left a big red rug burn for everyone at school to see the next day

I've flat out blacked out right after smoking before.
Unfortunately for me, I was not just in my room chilling...

Was at a big college party at the beginning of the semester :(
On concrete!

Since weed can affect your blood pressure in a lot of ways, that in combination with holding your breath (usually you're dehydrated and need some food too) can all come together to knock you out cold :lol:

SD_haze,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Yeah i have passed out once from smoking, and twice from vaping. With smoking it was an accident and unfortunately on concrete with a chipped tooth, oops< first waterfall bong hit. Then with vaping I was kind of provoking the oxygen deprivation by taking hits with bent knees and standing up fast with taking deep breath and I wouldn't normally pass out when I did this, but it happened once or twice and wasn't a big deal.

Elluzion,

treecityrnd

:lol: Y'all are cracking me up in this thread!
"no big deal", "concrete"...more :ko: stories please.

My little sister did the concrete move in college (ivy league) but also tore the cartilage in the back of her knee and had to have surgery. We were all so proud of our little genius.

She basically ended her college athletic career with a bong hit. Now she's an orthopedic doctor. WTF.

treecityrnd,

KimDracula

Interesting thread: cool to see everyone's different opinions and preferences on this kind of stuff. I've always wondered about this, but not in the context of exhaling vapor.

IMO there's gotta be a threshold when it comes to holding your hit in and I tend to think it's lower than most. I think ten seconds or even somewhat less is sufficient. As others have mentioned, taking a deep hit, inhaling from the diaphragm, followed by a slow exhale, seems to be the best way. I always thought that the lungs would absorb the stuff we're looking for, the TCH and other cannabanoids, etc., fairly quickly.

After discussing this I'll do some informal experimentation with this and see if I can tell a difference from trying to make that vapor disappear... without passing out.

KimDracula,

Polmol

I don't hold it at all and I am always ripped :D

I seldom vaporize more than a very small pinch of bud, too. Like half a pea...

Polmol,
I probably hold mine in for longer than I should, but sometimes I'm going for stealth -I have a theory that the less vapor you exhale, the less smell you give off.

suburbanstoner,

technique

I find the concept of whether is was "wasted" or not depends on my mood, if i want to blow out plumes of smoke then it was a good hit.

technique,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
In my experience, both from combusting and vaping is that most of the active compounds get absorbed in the first seconds the air reaches the lungs.

With vaping i tend to hold it more because i am not concerned about the tar and the other toxic stuff, but no more than 10seconds which is when it starts getting unpleasant because i tend to take a hit that is long, not micro hits.

I think i read something about that in a scientific article in the storz&bickel website, the makers of the Volcano, that mentions the assimilation process by the lungs.

vorrange,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
the breathing articles referenced near the OP gave me a better perspective over when and why I hold my breath (certain tasks, certain emotional situations (or perceived to be working it's way towards something I have an aversion to), or performing certain tasks. I've found a lot of times when I feel bad it's because my O2 sats are way low, and breathing right can bring me back.

I tend to slow my breathing, and hit the speed bump (trapping air in the abdomen), after a session, and that's been bad, making me feel more wasted (but not in a good way). Breathing when I notice, full regular breaths, makes a huge difference - and wakes me up (or "pinks" me up - LOL).

I still oxegenate for 20-30 seconds before each hit, and hold for 25-35 (with no light-headedness) because I know my lungs cannot separate the actives from the vapor, as they can with smoke. But breathing is more important than I knew before - didn't know we need or use nitric oxide to transmit nerve signals or kill viruses (virii?)

VWFringe,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Soo pretty much in all the time I have been vaping I have never been able to inhale and exhale with nothing show up. Generally the vapor I exhale comes out just a little less dense than when I inhale it, but I have read that you really shouldn't see anything when you're exhaling otherwise you aren't absorbing the THC to it's full extent.

Is this true or false? If it's true, am I just hitting wrong, because I really can't get the vapor to dissipate inside of me..
true.
to the extent that what you are seeing is the vapor condensate of active compounds.
if what you are seeing is water vapor, then no.

depends on the vape and how well cured the plant is, that will help you to know what you are seeing.

if you're looking to alter the technique, try using less herb, and quicker draws on vapes that allow for variable draw speed. those should improve the efficiency of your technique.

what vape are you specifically concerned with?

OO,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I take big hits and exhale giant clouds and get ripped. There is no way I am wasting anything
have you heard of the ubie?

small diminutive hits and getting blasted from next to no material.

OO,

Zebra Bars

Get to the going before the goin' gets got!
Yeah i have passed out once from smoking, and twice from vaping. With smoking it was an accident and unfortunately on concrete with a chipped tooth, oops< first waterfall bong hit. Then with vaping I was kind of provoking the oxygen deprivation by taking hits with bent knees and standing up fast with taking deep breath and I wouldn't normally pass out when I did this, but it happened once or twice and wasn't a big deal.
What does having your knees bent open up a problem too?

Zebra Bars,
Top Bottom