True or False: If you see vapor as you exhale you are wasting the hit?

pngwyn

Soo pretty much in all the time I have been vaping I have never been able to inhale and exhale with nothing show up. Generally the vapor I exhale comes out just a little less dense than when I inhale it, but I have read that you really shouldn't see anything when you're exhaling otherwise you aren't absorbing the THC to it's full extent.

Is this true or false? If it's true, am I just hitting wrong, because I really can't get the vapor to dissipate inside of me..

pngwyn,

eddyfrancis

It is very true in my experience. I think perhaps my lungs have become more and more efficient at absorbing vapor over time. I used to have the same problem as you, but from taking so many dense vapor hits and holding my breath for as long as possible, it has conditioned my lungs into absorbing vapor better. Now I can take incredibly dense clouds of vapor and absorb nearly all of it in 30 seconds.

eddyfrancis,

MG23

Relaxin'
I used to hold in my hits for 30-40 seconds, now I rarely hold it past 15.
I noticed no difference. That doesn't mean there isn't a difference, but not enough for me to notice let alone going back to holding my breath for 40 seconds at a time.

MG23,

Nycdeisel

If you are getting decent hits, its hard to not exhale anything.

Yes, large hits where you exhale big clouds ARE wasteful, but your lungs also absorb more vapor the longer you hold it in.

Nycdeisel,

eddyfrancis

Yes 30 seconds can be excessive even for me. I usually try not to take that big of a hit and hold it for ~20 seconds.

eddyfrancis,

pngwyn

SD_haze said:
While vapor may absorb slower than smoke, holding your breath for that long no matter what you're doing is oxygen deprivation.
http://www.ehow.com/info_8320423_negative-effects-holding-breath.html

Just something to consider, I'm all for maximizing bud but 30 secs seems a lil excessive if you're doing that regularly (when u vape all day erry day like some of us)

Yeah I usually hold my hits in for 10-15 sec maybe, but I always get a decent cloud coming back out.. perhaps I need smaller hits.

Though I can't say I have ever heard of breath holding to be bad for one's immediate health.. although I understand what that link is saying, it just doesn't seem like it would be big enough of an issue to be concerned about unless it's excessive.. but what do I know.. I just know I was never told to not hold my breath as a kid haha.

pngwyn,

Sour Deez

I take big hits and exhale giant clouds and get ripped. There is no way I am wasting anything, 10-15 seconds is all you need.

My average pull last for 20 seconds, then I take one final breath to put all the vapor deep in the lungs. But the vapor I get in the first 5 seconds of my pull is gonna be in my lungs for another 15 seconds while im still hitting it, then another 10 seconds after im done my pull. Thats 25 seconds right there. MORE then enough time.

Sour Deez,

eddyfrancis

Sour Deez said:
I take big hits and exhale giant clouds and get ripped. There is no way I am wasting anything

Now there is some logic. :lol:

edit: Sorry if that sounded belittling. I just thought it was a little ironic. You are wasting quite a lot. If your lungs aren't absorbing all the vapor, and you aren't getting much higher, it's because you're lungs aren't absorbing all the vapor. You have reached your desired state of highness with far more weed then required.

eddyfrancis,

lepstadder

about 8 seconds is all that is needed, i believe it was in a volcano study, but it is plastered all over the web

lepstadder,

Sour Deez

eddyfrancis said:
Sour Deez said:
I take big hits and exhale giant clouds and get ripped. There is no way I am wasting anything

edit: Sorry if that sounded belittling. I just thought it was a little ironic. You are wasting quite a lot. If your lungs aren't absorbing all the vapor, and you aren't getting much higher, it's because you're lungs aren't absorbing all the vapor. You have reached your desired state of highness with far more weed then required.

If you read the rest of my post maybe you would see the logic behind it...

The vapor is in my lungs at least 25 seconds, more then enough time.

And where did I ever say "Im not getting much higher", i told you I get ripped in my face.

Your lungs can only absorb so much vapor, holding your breath till you pass out wont help the process.

Sour Deez,

luchiano

It all depends on how strong and efficient your lungs and nerves are. If your lungs are not the best you won't absorb the vapor fast and it may take longer for you to not see clouds on the exhale. If your nerves are weak or just not real strong you won't make a lot of neurotransmitters to get released when the cannabinoids hit the nerve cell receptor sites. This is why eating a well rounded meal with a nice amount of protein, plant fats, minerals from leafy green vegetables and complex carbs along with resistance training followed with aerobics is important. You are training your body to absorb as much cannabinoids it can, do it fast, and get you real high by releasing a lot of substances within the body upon ingestion/inhalation.

The powerlung and on a somewhat similar level, the powerbreathe are good to train your lungs to absorb vapor fast.

If your body isn't at it's prime taking in too much at one time will just send a lot of cannabinoids to fat cells to be slowly released and turn into metabolites that will raise your tolerance over time. So take small hits until your body becomes highly efficient from diet and exercise so you won't waste vapor to being exhaled or stored into fat cells.

eddyfrancis

Sour Deez said:
eddyfrancis said:
Sour Deez said:

If you read the rest of my post maybe you would see the logic behind it...

The vapor is in my lungs at least 25 seconds, more then enough time.

And where did I ever say "Im not getting much higher", i told you I get ripped in my face.

Your lungs can only absorb so much vapor, holding your breath till you pass out wont help the process.
I didn't word that quite right, sorry. I meant much, much higher.

I read your whole post. The only part of it that matters is the part where you say you exhale giant clouds. This can mean nothing other than you are wasting vapor and the vapor you blow out is in no way shape or form getting you high. It is the vapor that you don't see upon exhale that is getting you high, since that was the only vapor absorbed by your lungs. Hope that makes since. :peace:

eddyfrancis,

MG23

Relaxin'
I think a lot of what is being said is hearsay and assumptions, and shouldn't be stated like fact.

A little proof to either side of the story other than personal experience and assumptions could go a long way.

It's a little presumptuous to assume you aren't wasting a thing if you're breathing out tons of vapor, but it is just as presumptuous to assume that you are wasting a significant amount of actives just because you can see visible vapor on exhale.

MG23,

weedemon

enthusiast
if you see vapor come out then yes that is technically "wasted". wasted in the sense that you didn't get to use it and now it's out in the world.

im surprised that this happens to you even with your mflb?

do you have a gf? i give her my 2nd hand tokes all the time and she gets ripped for free! ;)

but just try taking smaller rips till you see less vapor being exhaled. remember though, if it's not fun being so conservative then don't do it! haha :2c:

weedemon,

vapirtoo

I've been trying to become more efficient and not take huge lung
busting hits and exhaling huge clouds of vapor.
We all have our own styles of getting vaked, but I'm trying
to conserve and stay high most of the time (vacation).
I believe that big clouds are wasteful... but funnnn :ko: :ko:

vapirtoo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
luchiano said:
It all depends on how strong and efficient your lungs and nerves are. If your lungs are not the best you won't absorb the vapor fast and it may take longer for you to not see clouds on the exhale. If your nerves are weak or just not real strong you won't make a lot of neurotransmitters to get released when the cannabinoids hit the nerve cell receptor sites. This is why eating a well rounded meal with a nice amount of protein, plant fats, minerals from leafy green vegetables and complex carbs along with resistance training followed with aerobics is important. You are training your body to absorb as much cannabinoids it can, do it fast, and get you real high by releasing a lot of substances within the body upon ingestion/inhalation.

The powerlung and on a somewhat similar level, the powerbreathe are good to train your lungs to absorb vapor fast.

If your body isn't at it's prime taking in too much at one time will just send a lot of cannabinoids to fat cells to be slowly released and turn into metabolites that will raise your tolerance over time. So take small hits until your body becomes highly efficient from diet and exercise so you won't waste vapor to being exhaled or stored into fat cells.

luchiano...my main man with a zen approach to getting high. Shit, I was almost inspired to give it a go and see what you are talking about...then I remembered I am a fat slob with no discipline who is just trying to get hammered!

stickstones,

lwien

Re-breathing helps a lot. I'll hold for 10 seconds, exhale just a little bit (no visable vapor), then take in another deep breath, hold for 10 seconds, exhale a little bit and repeat. When I do this 3 times, even with a pretty big hit, I exhale very little vapor without depriving myself of very much oxygen.

eddyfrancis

stickstones said:
luchiano...my main man with a zen approach to getting high. Shit, I was almost inspired to give it a go and see what you are talking about...then I remembered I am a fat slob with no discipline who is just trying to get hammered!
:lol: I feel similar, although at least I have a medical reason to always be vaked. :brow: :ko:

I am going to try it. I had no idea that diet and exercise could be the secret to lowering my tolerance!

eddyfrancis,

SD_haze

lwien said:
Re-breathing helps a lot. I'll hold for 10 seconds, exhale just a little bit (no visable vapor), then take in another deep breath, hold for 10 seconds, exhale a little bit and repeat. When I do this 3 times, even with a pretty big hit, I exhale very little vapor without depriving myself of very much oxygen.

Hell yes!!
this makes a big difference, i used to do it with hash smoke but now I do it all the time with vapor.
it mixes up the vapor in your lungs which definitely aids in absorption compared to it just sitting there.

I remember a certain pipe that you actually exhaled the hit BACK into the mouthpiece, which filled up a bag, and then you would inhale/exhale a bunch of times and get ripped off 1 hit :ko:

SD_haze,

crawdad

floatin
i also do the re-breathing on each hit, but ive found if my first 3-4 hits are very small and i begin to get vaped (and perhaps "coat" my throat/lungs) then im able to take a bigger hit and hold it easier, longer. i do exhale some but its typically very little as i hold as long as i can until i feel any further would be painful and then slowly exhale (or re-breathing again, lol).

but i rarely do a hit where i cant take in some fresh air at the end, so i think that helps to hold in the vapor.

crawdad,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lwien said:

I used to do this with the ssv and the cloud. I couldn't possibly do this with a log vape, as it already takes a good twenty seconds to get a full hit. My best sessions for efficiency nowadays, no matter what the vape used, is what magicflight said to d a while back and only take half full hits and hold that for about ten seconds. The exhales with this method don't have much visible vapor either.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
lwien said:

I couldn't possibly do this with a log vape, as it already takes a good twenty seconds to get a full hit.

That's odd, stcks. I do it all the time with the PD.

lwien,
Top Bottom