Troubleshooting enail issues

Puddy

sorry if there is another thread about this already, but just wanted to get any other experiences with enails crapping out.

Have had my high five controller for about 1-2 years, and have successfully used it as my daily driver with either the 16mm coil and the flat coil (both from high five).

Yesterday, it went out, so I figured it was the fuse, so I replaced the fuse with the extra one it came with. It turned on for about 5 seconds, and then the fuse blew again. Went and bought 4 new fuses and tried 2 different AC power cords, 2 different power strips, and the fuse blew each time.

Any ideas? or basically is it done for and I should move on?

Puddy,

howie105

Contact the manufactures customer support they are the experts and sometimes manufactures will work with you on replacements. Beyond that check it for shorts and opens, if those actions don't ring a bell hunt up a small appliance repair shop and they should be able to check it out real quick. Good Luck

howie105,

Baron23

sorry if there is another thread about this already, but just wanted to get any other experiences with enails crapping out.

Have had my high five controller for about 1-2 years, and have successfully used it as my daily driver with either the 16mm coil and the flat coil (both from high five).

Yesterday, it went out, so I figured it was the fuse, so I replaced the fuse with the extra one it came with. It turned on for about 5 seconds, and then the fuse blew again. Went and bought 4 new fuses and tried 2 different AC power cords, 2 different power strips, and the fuse blew each time.

Sounds like you have a short and the most common place for that to happen is somewhere in the coil and its connectors. Do you have another coil to try with your unit?

P.S. - ooops, just saw where you do have two coils and @JCat below seems spot on. My reading comprehension seems to be a bit low today! LOL

Last edited:
Baron23,

JCat

Accessory Maker

Does it short without any coil plugged in? If so then the short is in the controller not the coil ... have you tried both coils otherwise?

If it's in the controller, and you are handy, opening up and having a look might make the problem evident ... I'm sure High5 would help you w/ repair as well ...

Puddy

thanks for the input, I wrote an email to High5 yesterday but since it's passed warranty and I already have ordered a new Kube from AugustHaus, was just looking for any workarounds or ideas.

It is only when the coil is plugged in. When it's not, I get the EEEEEE reading and I can change the temp/press buttons.

Just odd why it worked without issue for months and then one day just died.

Puddy,

JCat

Accessory Maker
thanks for the input, I wrote an email to High5 yesterday but since it's passed warranty and I already have ordered a new Kube from AugustHaus, was just looking for any workarounds or ideas.

It is only when the coil is plugged in. When it's not, I get the EEEEEE reading and I can change the temp/press buttons.

Just odd why it worked without issue for months and then one day just died.
That's actually pretty normal ... there is a life expectancy to coils and it sounds like it's just the coil that is gone. I don't think it's supposed to blow the fuse in the controller, but nonetheless sounds like it's just the coil and the controller is fine. Replacement coils are like $30-$40 I think ...

JCat,
Reactions: Baron23

Puddy

it turned out to be the coil itself like you said. replaced coil and a new fuse and old box is working just fine. Whatever though, it will be my wife's when my new AH Kube One arrives this week!

Puddy,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom