• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

SD_haze

Is it just plated on the outside? or inside where the water is too? If it's inside, would it be as inert as the SS?

SD_haze,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
We were talking about gold plating the cubes for a silver plated one. The contrast between the shiny 304 stainless and gold base looks nice. Gold is on the outside but I know the celebration pipes use gold right in the bowl and its a non issue.

Altogether gold plating looks waaaaay nicer than I anticipated.

Steele Concept,
We were talking about gold plating the cubes for a silver plated one. The contrast between the shiny 304 stainless and gold base looks nice. Gold is on the outside but I know the celebration pipes use gold right in the bowl and its a non issue.

Altogether gold plating looks waaaaay nicer than I anticipated.

When I make it big, I promise I will buy a gold plated Steele Concept.

kingofnull,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Polished stainless would kick ass.

So I have the gold plated, electroplated (super shiny like the gold) and polished.

They look the best in that order. Gold, electroplated and polished. After discussion with my partner we will offer the gold special order for $499.99 (Allow 2 weeks to ship).

If anyone wants the electroplated unit they can have it for the same $199.99 Santa Special deal. The finish looks like this:

steel-electroplated-bar-ss-3005-30cm-472.jpg

Matte finish is the most economical and it highlights the cubes. I've found too shiny a steel finish on the base detracts from the cubes which are the highlight of the unit. The gold makes a nice contrasting color. In the future if we gold plate cubes it could make sense to offer electroplated units.

Of course electroplated looks damn good without the cubes.

Anyway come get em boys :nod:

MrNorml

Not me. I'm a @#$%ing snob, some would say an asshole. :D

When I hang over at my buddy's house, its a diverse crowd, that I'm about 18-20 years older than. They have a big ol' RooR beaker and they're combusting away. I bring my box and a piece of glass with me (not the good stuff, but I'm considering going and thumping them with the BDV). The guys that know me, get a BIG grin on their face, when I walk in. They know they're going to be vaked, very soon. The ones I don't know, I get to experience the "WTF just hit me in the head" look, all over again. :rockon:
On the verge of 60 if I can make it, and when I go to dispensaries around my parts, the young folk there get quite a charge out of my (Solo/Pax) as they have never seen vaporizers and they are amazed to realize that not just the 20-somethings hit the herb.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
On the verge of 60 if I can make it, and when I go to dispensaries around my parts, the young folk there get quite a charge out of my (Solo/Pax) as they have never seen vaporizers and they are amazed to realize that not just the 20-somethings hit the herb.

Hell yea. you show them youngins! Older guys using vapes is the shit. I know a shop owner who is 60+ and indulges in the vape game quite a bit.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hehehe don't try to hide lwien, I read one of your posts where you admitted to having a few gray hairs yourself! Oldschool stoners for the win!

EDIT: A matter of fact, it was your old ass who was one of the reasons I signed up for this forum in the first place (under another username). You had these awesome informative posts about log vapes that I read into prior to grabbing 3 Aromazaps/CRV

Steele Concept,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
@$&#... and I thought I was gray. Dude, you win!

Great feedback, on the finishes and awesome offer! You're in my top 3 wish list with a Mobius and a SSFG, that's already pending .

I'm not sweating it though, because I've also been noting your rapid evolution. Plus, I want to have the extra its going to take for the custom work I want done.

BigDaddyVapor,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hahahaha good stuff guys. I'm technically a firebush myself but these days my hair is mostly brown looking. Like a blonde, in the summer it lightens up a bit. You can see on my website under ABOUT there is a picture of me homebrewing a stout.

My uncle does hair replacement and says that people with red hair tend to lose their hair faster than other colors. I hope that's not true because I got a weird looking skull. It's normal but theres this lump on the top in the back lol... That's where my extra brains are ;) I like to shave my head as I do a bit of jiu jitsu and wrestling but too close a shave and I look alien hehehehe.

BDV - SSFG has some nice tubes and dry pieces for excellent prices... However Mobius Ion bub w/ Matrix Perc just bring the innovation. A single simple, elegant perc FTW. That was the idea behind the perc plate in my unit.

The excessive percolation is kinda redonkulous sometimes :2c:. If I was gonna buy a bub I'd grab a Mobius for sure.

Steele Concept,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
An unfortunate update:

My Polycarbonate supplier sent me a batch of pretty badly scratched units. This was the first time this occurred and after contacting them, they will immediately be sending out replacements. What happened is that the polycarbonate tubes were shipped without protection and they scratched on each other pretty significantly during shipping. In the past they had always shipped with a protective sleeve to prevent this. As I have mentioned in the past polycarbonate is extremely strong but can scratch relatively easily.

Fortunately, I did not assemble all the new units on this batch. Once the new polycarbonate tubes arrive next Thursday or Friday, the 20th or 21st I will assemble the rest of the units. That means if you are looking to order, units will not ship until the end of next week at the earliest.

I apologize for this situation but it is out of my control. I gave the supplier an earful as I found out about the severity of scratching from a retailer that is sending units back so we can do an exchange. I do not do business like this, people pay top dollar for top quality and they should receive nothing less. The situation is being taken care of and I am currently talking to another party about possibly switching suppliers.

In the meantime no one will be able to order directly off my site, nor will I be shipping out any units to retailers. This whole thing really pissed me off but shit happens. In all honesty it will probably be for the better as I will be dealing with a better supplier in the future.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
In all honesty it will probably be for the better as I will be dealing with a better supplier in the future.
Great positive take-a-way from a negative situation. Steele you continue to impress. If you get stuck with any damaged polycarb, hopefully not, maybe a "Scratch & Dent" sale, for folks who like a good value, would be in order to help recoup costs? :shrug: You have generated a lot of good karma in the world, don't worry, it will come back :)

t-dub,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Great positive take-a-way from a negative situation. Steele you continue to impress. If you get stuck with any damaged polycarb, hopefully not, maybe a "Scratch & Dent" sale, for folks who like a good value, would be in order to help recoup costs? :shrug: You have generated a lot of good karma in the world, don't worry, it will come back :)

Thanks t-dub. I try not to get my panties in a bunch about this kind of stuff. I'll be left with the scratched polycarb and I spent all day trying to get the scratches out with various sandpaper grit and polycarb cleaner, polish etc. Although a scratch sale does sound good it's the custom machined steel base which by far costs the most money to make. So a scratch sale doesn't make sense at this point in time. I will just wait for the new clean tubes to come, which means I can't service customers, retailers or make money for myself for the next week and a half. I just let my retailers and customers know about the situation and fortunately everyone seems to understand :). Shit happens.

The whole situation still makes me want to choke people... So I'm off to do some Jiu Jitsu tonight and going to choke people. There will be people there looking to choke me as well. As long as someone is getting choked I'll be happy, even if it's this guy ;)

img_271755_ufc-fighter-alan-belcher-demonstrates-a-rear-naked-choke-on-a-baby.jpg

Steele Concept,

lwien

The whole situation still makes me want to choke people... So I'm off to do some Jiu Jitsu tonight and going to choke people. There will be people there looking to choke me as well. As long as someone is getting choked I'll be happy....

Just go choke your chicken. Works for me when I'm feelin' a bit frustrated. :brow:

Top Bottom