Total Vape newb needs help in making first purchase

aero18

vaporist
Go for the Da Buddha, as you said that you were inclined to do so. You won't be disappointed. Afterwards, you'll see that you won't need the extreme. Maybe for Christmas you want something portable? If that's so, go buy a Launch Box.
If you want pricier items for Christmas, on top of the Launch Box, buy a new grinder, a new glass knob, glass mouthpiece and a wand for the Buddha and you will be happy. :D

aero18,

FEAR420

So it seems as though the major consensus here is leaning heavily towards the DBV,PD & Herbalaire units... Honestly,I just DONT LIKE the Herbalaire.Something about it just turns me off to it altogether.I think its because it looks like an airwick product :lol:

DBV is a VERY sexy piece. Im loving the fact that it comes in both black & silver and has GONG attachments available so I can continue to use my other pieces. The pricing is just right @ $150'ish....this would allow me to order the DBV & place my order for a custom RoseWood PD,which people have stated has a 6-9 week waiting period...

The reason I chose the Extreme as an "xmas purchase" is because my family all know I smoke and that I truly do love it and the fact that it helps with my medical conditions. Usually if I see a piece I want,I just throw it on the bday or xmas wish list and it magically appears under the tree for me or someone agrees to split the price with me.Thankfully my console modding business has been doing pretty good lately which is what got me looking at the Extreme in the first place.

FEAR420,

trouble ethyl

fear420,

i sent you an e-mail regarding you posts. let me know what you think when you have time.

trouble ethyl,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Go for the extreme man!!
I was gonna say herbalaire but if you dn;t like it you don't like it. It is very burly and can take much more shit from your stoner friends than the Da Buddha or extreme.

It's funny people are still saying get a PD though :uhoh::uhoh:

bluntfaced,

INRIhab

quomist said:
I would recommend a Da Buddha Vaporizer which you can find at this link:

http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizers/da-buddha-vaporizers/da-buddha-vaporizer

It's well within your price range, $179. You can use the FC coupon "FC12" to get another 12% off. The reason why I recommend it is that it is great for social settings. I have no problem getting 4 people high off of it. When I am alone, one bowl will wreck me.

There is an adjustable knob for temperature, and all parts are sturdy. It comes with a great storage bag which is more like a pillow than a bag.

I know you said efficiency is your main concern and there are more efficient vaporizers than the DBV out there (Myrtlezap/Purple Days), but I feel you lose out on being able to have those big sessions with friends. That being said, the DBV is still very efficient and can probably knock you down on your ass with one bowl.
Does anyone know if this coupon is inactive, because I get an error when I enter it in. :(

INRIhab,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
INRIhab said:
quomist said:

It's well within your price range, $179. You can use the FC coupon "FC12" to get another 12% off. The reason why I recommend it is that it is great for social settings. I have no problem getting 4 people high off of it. When I am alone, one bowl will wreck me.

There is an adjustable knob for temperature, and all parts are sturdy. It comes with a great storage bag which is more like a pillow than a bag.

I know you said efficiency is your main concern and there are more efficient vaporizers than the DBV out there (Myrtlezap/Purple Days), but I feel you lose out on being able to have those big sessions with friends. That being said, the DBV is still very efficient and can probably knock you down on your ass with one bowl.
Does anyone know if this coupon is inactive, because I get an error when I enter it in. :(
I get the same error as you when I try. It worked for me about 1.5 weeks ago.

quomist,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I hope you are happy with the Vapir you bought. If it doesn't totally convert you from smoking please don't give up on vaporizing. Consider it your training wheel vape :D

Lo,

FEAR420

lo said:
I hope you are happy with the Vapir you bought. If it doesn't totally convert you from smoking please don't give up on vaporizing. Consider it your training wheel vape :D
Well it was an offer I just couldn't refuse,and so far Theory is an EXCELLENT private seller. I normally dont do the private buys but with the offer I got and him being so prompt and reasonable,I just couldnt pass it up. So far hes answered every question Ive had,provided me with pix & info,uses PayPal,gave me his email & cell #,and we've just been BS'ing in general about Vapes & usage. Overall he's a pleasant guy and I can/will recommend him for any future private sales he may have up.

As for the Vapir itself...I know Ive seen LOTS of horror stories about them leaking and whatnot,but that doesnt concern me. Fixing a leak is easy for an HVAC Tech ;) It also seems as though its the older Vapir one models that have the leakage issues,I havent seen many complaints about the 5.0. All in all,if it turns out to be an unsatisfactory vape,I cant really complain. I got it at a great price,from a great private seller,as long as it does whats advertised and vapes I guess Ill be happy with it. And I will DEFINITELY be buying another vape in the near future,most likely the Extreme,but for now this will do me nicely as an entry level piece.

Again,thank you everybody for all of your input. Please dont think I disregarded any of your input when making this purchase.I will be taking ALL OF this info into consideration when I buy my next vape.

FEAR420,

trouble ethyl

FEAR420 said:
lo said:
Well it was an offer I just couldn't refuse,and so far Theory is an EXCELLENT private seller. I normally dont do the private buys but with the offer I got and him being so prompt and reasonable,I just couldnt pass it up. So far hes answered every question Ive had,provided me with pix & info,uses PayPal,gave me his email & cell #,and we've just been BS'ing in general about Vapes & usage. Overall he's a pleasant guy and I can/will recommend him for any future private sales he may have up.
:D thanks for the write up man. i really appreciate it, maybe i have a future in selling vapes? lol. i sealed that box tighter than fort knox and it's getting sent out first thing tomorrow ups. but i'll keep you in the loop.

trouble ethyl,

FEAR420

theorybullet said:
FEAR420 said:
lo said:
:D thanks for the write up man. i really appreciate it, maybe i have a future in selling vapes? lol. i sealed that box tighter than fort knox and it's getting sent out first thing tomorrow ups. but i'll keep you in the loop.
Not a problem man. Youve been nothing but up-front & helpful so far,so its the least I can do.

FEAR420,

INRIhab

quomist said:
INRIhab said:
quomist said:

I get the same error as you when I try. It worked for me about 1.5 weeks ago.
I tried 10-off-09 and that works. Unfortunately their system is messed up and it's not recognizing new invoices, so I gotta call tomorrow to fix it :)

INRIhab,

max

Out to lunch
INRIhab said:
quomist said:

'FC12' is working for the Vapeworld discount.

max,

FEAR420

Ok,so Im now sitting here patiently awaiting the UPS guy to show up at my house with my nice "new" Vapir One 5.0. As soon as I get it,I will be posting pix and hopefully a first time use video,along with first impressions.

FEAR420,
Top Bottom