1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto - Find A Dispensary (9 Listings)

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by mikek9, Aug 10, 2015.

1. theCerberus

theCerberus Well-Known Member

it is becoming increasingly clear the emerys are martyrs to the cause and they have known this was the governments intention.
    they knew their store would be raided and they opened it up to prove a point.

no one realizes that we wouldnt have head shops without the emerys either....
    cannabis culture has been pushing the bounds of the law for a long time. from seeds to paraphernalia, to cannabis, its a natural progression.

Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    poonman likes this.
  2. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Maybe 35 years from now , the Police can make
    a formal apology for their current injustice ...

I thought the ' local entrepreneurs ' would come out of the
    woods in droves , next spring . But they'll probably slap a
    qty restriction per individual .

Still Shocked that CALM has not re-opened !
    I haven't tried their delivery system yet which is
    just another mail order cannabis .

@theCerberus
    How are the dispensaries on the outskirts of GTA ?
    Like in Richmond Hill ; Innisfil ; even Hamilton .
    I've been going to GW in Oshawa since the 1st raids .
    They also offer a delivery system , which I haven't tried ... yet .

3. theCerberus

Soco dispensaries are alright. they have low prices, but they package by 1/4 oz, which isnt great. you can see and smell samples, and they have good bulk discounts on all the products.

Theres a few dispensaries in barrie that I want to try, its a nice place to go in the summer, so i'll probably be heading to them sometime, if they are still open when I get around to it.

looks like the Emery's are reopening the raided cannabis culture location tomorrow 10AM.

https://twitter.com/420toronto/status/746147474524545024

http://www.cannabisculture.com/cont...ulture-marijuana-dispensary-raided-in-toronto

I think CALM is planning on reopening at some point, as they have hinted at a new "office location" coming soon. But yes, this is quite a troubling time for patients. I think this second round of raids has showed us the cops are still pushing the same rhetoric and that they are not going to back down until some sort of licensing system is created.

I hope they realize when Mark opens up the store tomorrow what waste of time it was.

On a positive note, I have yet to hear of any hidden location dispensary being raided.... which is why I think Qualimeds and Canndo are a good substitute for CALM members.... these guys are run by former CALM employees....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    poonman likes this.
  4. poonman

Yup , cannabis culture re-opened today .
    I'm off work next week , gonna go down and
    show them some support . Hope to shake hands
    with M. Emery and thank him for all he's done for
    cannabis users in Canada .

theCerberus likes this.
  5. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

I think i'll pay the extra couple of bucks for the convenience....maybe there's a "few" people? lmao It's been a novelty in many parts of the world for a very long time now.

You're still going to be paying the same insane prices because of the BUILT IN TAXES, regardless of the competition. You can have all the competition you want in retail, it's still not going to bring down prices. This is why it's a ripoff at the beer store, lcbo, or retail (more for convenience)

Did you vote NDP? The monopoly is a problem but you can't seem to see the forest for the trees. And competition isn't going to benefit the consumer much in this regard.

Are you even serious?

Who cares Let them! It's called taking accountability and responsibility for yourself. Red Bull and vodka can put you in the ER, and you can purchase them in neighbouring stores, so what?

Or maybe people will want 0 tolerance for THC + driving regardless?

Wow you really have some anxieties that are completely unwarranted! First of all, how is smell a major problem when you will be purchasing a SEALED package? Yes, this means you won't get to open and smell it, much like alcohol. How many customers do you see cracking open a beer before they leave the store?

"The customers just wanting to buy alcohol and have a social stigma against cannabis will look down upon those customers who stunk up their store"? :rofl:

Did you not read @lazylathe and my review of Royal Farmacy? Must have...you liked the posts lol

Don't forget about Burlington's First & Finest....although my experience hasn't been the best, i'd go to the Hammer first....they also have a couple of other dispensaries, with BC bud, but super pricey.

These dispensary and LP prices are making me seriously cut back.....should all be $5/g IMO!

6. theCerberus

Thats fine, but you've missed the point. The novelty is not worth the convenience.

If you drink beer regularly, and you buy 24's often, maybe you would agree with me too.
    If you dont, I really dont care. thats not my point.
    I use cannabis regularly, so this is a better parallel.

Some people love to shop at costco and buy everything wholesale.
    If you live in Quebec you can buy your beer wholesale too (and lots of people do).

Why are you arguing for RESTRICTED government control?

There are lots of better systems out there.

Yes I did vote NDP because I respected they forced the vote of no confidence on this crooked government, and no I dont vote for the entirety of a platform, because no party aligns with my views. I am socially progressive, but I'm on the economic right (I, shockingly, agree with part of the conservative platform too).

heres a pic of a test I did right before said election.
    [​IMG]

You have a misunderstanding of basic business principles.
    Competition is good for the consumer. Plain and simple. The more options the better.
    Then businesses have to work to compete for customers.
    They can differentiate in product, service and pricing.

I do understand bad/illegal business principles can happen in a completely unregulated market, like price fixing, but at the end of the day the customer speaks with their wallet, or chooses to produce for themselves.

The more the merrier. Nothing wrong with multiple reviews.

So daily (medical) users shouldnt drive ever? We will always test positive for active levels of THC. It doesnt leave our system for 72hours. Sorry but 0 tolerance is not a realistic policy.

You are assuming that it is OK for the LCBO to set a price and sin tax. Whereas I am assuming its not OK to charge anything but cost, markup (within reason) and regular tax. You are assuming it is OK for the government to control the price of a product. I completely disagree with that. They are not controlling the price in MMPR right now, and they shouldnt in the future.
    Medical users should not have to pay any tax.

There are plenty of breweries that would like to charge less ($1/beer) and still make profit. They are not allowed to. There is a minimum price they must charge. This is not OK.
    Go to other provinces or the US and buy beer. its not nearly as costly or restrictive, and there is actual competition for customers.

Dead serious. It is a drug, and like all others they are very concerned about chemical interactions.

And yes all those alcoholic beverages are the same in terms of active ingredients and effects.

http://www.canada.com/health/Health...ce+alcoholic+energy+drinks/3039397/story.html

Do you not remember Health Canada was greatly concerned when Red Bull was first introduced to the market?

Do you realize the government had a ban on Red Bull for the first 5 years of its existence? Do also realize there is INDEED a limit on serving caffeine with alcohol? they werent allowed to sell energy drinks together with alcohol at a bar for YEARS. You had to mix it yourself at your own warning.

OR DO YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE OUR GOVERNMENT IS INTERESTED IN CURBING BAD CHEMICAL INTERACTIONS?

They banned menthol cigarettes with the same justification. Menthol + tobacco is a bad interaction (more addictive).

Do you realize there are legal implications when serving food and drink because of the health risks of mixing certain products together?
    Do you even realize there are legal implications for bartenders and waiters who simply over serve customers?

this is a sheer misunderstanding of how cannabis is supposed to be sold. it is a flower. you have to be able to SMELL an AROMA based product before you buy it.

Its the PRIMARY reason LP's suck and dispensaries are cool.

People want to smell what they are getting.

That's a great, if not fantastic way to breed contempt for the legal system, package it in sealed smell proof containers so they have something to complain about when its not the dank weed they were expecting. Forced increments of 5g? Great motivator to send them back to the street.

but if you want to be so narrow minded, then YES THERE ARE SAMPLES OF WINE IN THE LCBO OUT FOR PEOPLE TO SMELL AND TASTE. SO YES I DO SEE PEOPLE ENJOYING OPEN ALCOHOL INSIDE THE LCBO (AND THEY DO SO ON A DAILY BASIS).
    AND YES THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO HATE WEED SMELL, BUT GO TO THE LCBO.
    FORGET SAMPLES, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT CUSTOMERS WHO SMELL LIKE THEY JUST SMOKED WEED? FORGOT ABOUT THEM TOO DIDNT YOU....

Let's agree to disagree, otherwise were going to go around in circles.

I wholeheartedly do not agree with anything you just typed, and I don't feel the need to clarify why either.

You've actually greatly disappointed me. I cant even debate with you if you are going to assume these illogical arguments are valid.
    You seem to miss the point on everything I've said.

Lets leave it there. There's nothing to say. I've pointed out everything wrong with what the liberals propose, I used basic business principles, logic and reasoning, and you've countered with non-sequitur arguments while acting as though its all going to be OK. fine. live in that fantasy.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  7. biohacker

It's not? Why because you said so??

I drink beer regularly....and drink beer and vape regularly too.... so what? Why is it such a big deal that I think it's convenient to pickup a 6 pack or bottle of wine with my groceries? No different than popping by my local dispensary and paying $12 for a gram of weed. Why don't you decide what's convenient and right for you, and let others decide what's best for them? Maybe I would agree with you too? Unbelievable.

Because government control is on its way. You are living in denial or in a fantasy world.

Completely agree, but so what? The system will be the system regardless of how much you whine about it incessantly.

That doesn't surprise me at all...

ok sure, pull up your favourite chair.....you're going to be waiting for a while......not to mention that I wasn't even talking to you?

Why don't you leave that up to the law enforcers....there is a REASON why certain medications have WARNING LABELS on them.....cannabis will be no different. Just because you THINK you have a tolerance and are not affected, good luck with that.

So claim it on your taxes? As long as it's a legit LP ofcourse.

Wow....

Oh ya? I would love to see what fantasy world you live in where that is actually even kind of enforced!

You don't have to be able to do anything.... this is your opinion, as usual.

No, it's because YOU say so!

Ofcourse you know what all the "people" want don't you? Some people actually hate the smell of the stuff! I know SHOCKING innit???

No, not everyone is such a huge complainer. I'm forced with 15g min. at Natural Order HS, is it ideal? No, but do I accept it with a thank you for the amazing buds and prices, shit yeah.

Oops, must have! Never mind the beer breath skid behind me in line! Phew!

Shocking! Just like your previous posts, your incessant whining about how crappy all (but what 2?) LP's are, dispensaries, and how unjust and unfair the system is and how incompetent the government is too (you have something there at least), do get tiring after a while, but you always have to have the last word no?

What debate? That i'm not allowed to say it's awesome and convenient for a regular beer drinker to use a grocery store to purchase? That eventually I think it would be AWESOME if it was the same for weed? No, you simply have issues with opinions that are not your own, and very frequently think your opinions are facts. Life doesn't work that way.

The only fantasy is what you think should or will happen....the reality is already unfolding. Complaining will only frustrate yourself even more.

Good luck, soon it looks like there will be no dispensaries left..... what a shocker eh?

Oh yeah, Burlington's First & Finest shut down for nearly 2 weeks. Perhaps the raids are expanding....

Time for my first Tweed order.....and yes, we're still waiting for you in the Mighty thread to share your opinions on how it's so much more of a conduction vape than convection! But I understand if you won't respond or reply to my last post in the LP thread.

8. theCerberus

i think your post broke the "be nice" rule several times.

Because I fight for a better system and you sit back and take it like all the other sheep in this province? no. I am voicing my opinion on why I dont think thats true. and so is mark emery and every other activist in town. this wasnt the vision for legalization that most intended.
    free the weed.

and yes, if i look at why dispensaries exist today, i believe there is no reason they will not continue to exist in the future too. they have taken 20 years of raids and it hasnt stopped the majority of them. they have won countless times in court. no reason to believe they wont win again. Its the government that has been dragging their feet in the mud. Both Allard and Smith involved dispensaries and the courts supported their right to operate both times.

I'm trying to explain why what you are arguing for is bad. you just keep ignoring the facts and go straight to "thats just your opinion". NO ITS NOT. ITS BASED ON BASIC BUSINESS PRINCIPLES AND FACTS.
    https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/06/21/ontario-deserve-another-monopoly/
    How about a news article to back me up.....
    We're just going around in circles.
    I'm trying explain this would save you money while getting you better product and service and you are saying I'm good with what I got. That nice, but irrelevant to the argument.

missed the point again, which is why we are going around in circles.
    if a daily users stops cannabis, they will be sober and legally allowed to drive after 24hours but will test for ACTIVE levels of THC for 72hours. sober.
    if 0 tolerance on THC is accepted there will be numerous false positives.

https://lifesafer.ca/blog/ontario-woman-sues-bar-that-over-served-the-drunk-driver-who-injured-her/
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/09/02/woman-sues-drunk-driver-bar

heres one.
    google "overserving" you will find plenty.

Straw man fallacy. The LCBO already smells like liquor. They serve samples of beer and wine.
    When one enters that store, they fully expect alcohol aromas.
    Cannabis has a new, different, pungent odor that many frown upon.
    If Cannabis was separated into a different store, this odor would not be in the LCBO, and there would be nothing to complain about.
    We live in a time where many businesses are going scent free, it is a big issue.
    Your argument is therefore invalid.

ok. thats enough for now. please be nice next time instead of calling me a "whiner" for voicing my opinion.

and yes, everything I post is my opinion (based on how i interpret the facts).
    it is always implied.... not sure why you think its not.
    thats why I was trying to debate you.
    to see your opinion based on the merits of its evidence and facts.
    instead you go with personal attacks and irrelevant erroneous non-sequitur arguments because you miss the point (ie the merits of my arguments).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  9. biohacker

Whatever man.... you can have the last word (again).

Back on topic.... just had a visit at Burlington's First & Finest.....new stock, incredible top shelf product...tuna kush, watermelon, pink kush, kosher kush, and about another 1/2 dozen strains. Looks like they have really stepped up their game! New line of shatter as well.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  10. momofthegoons

momofthegoons vapor accessory addict

Except not really eh? :cool:

I'm warning both of you to take this to pm. If it continues in this thread there will be points handed out.

biohacker likes this.
  11. poonman

So it looks like they're deferring the matter until October !
    They didn't even make time to discuss with the people that showed up .
    Wonder what kind of message we can send on July 1st this year ?

I don't think it's feasible for the LCBO to handle selling MJ .
    They already have enough competition for shelf space from all
    the brands that currently exist . Unless they shuffle the cannabis
    buyers to a corner of the store , or a separate entrance . But I was
    hoping to have a much larger retail section of it's own , like a
    true dispensary/store .

Plus I can't trust my Gov't to get this right , without the input
    of experienced cannabis users . Yo know , 1 step forward and
    2 steps back ...

What if Wynn is not satisfied with just 1 mayor under
    her thumb ? To further her monopoly plans of CCBO .

For as long as I've been using MJ , way before Licensing ,
    CALM and BC mail orders . My " preferred " method of purchasing
    weed , has always been to smell it 1st . Heck , why not free sampling
    before buying . ( I get that with my local guy ) It's worth lobbying for , considering they don't really have A FUCKIN CLUE what's the next step !

theCerberus likes this.
  12. biohacker

All i'm saying is that they don't give a fuck what experienced cannabis users want....that's all. We would be much worse off with Hudaxe at the front line....and I won't comment on the NDP as we have all seen what happened when they were in power for so long....don't want to go back there ever again. Regardless, it is what it is and I accept it, and am happy with the direction this province and nation are moving toward.

I honestly NEVER EVER expected this to EVER happen in my lifetime, especially SOUTH of the border! Recreational I mean...

13. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

14. theCerberus

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-councillor-marijuana-dispensary-raids-1.3654003

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    poonman likes this.
  15. lazylathe

16. biohacker

Interesting! I was just in Ottawa last night, maybe 5 blocks from Obama! lol I should have stuck around for the announcement this morning!

Wow, more people want pharmacies than dispensaries? And dispensaries were preferred to LCBO by only 6%??

:popcorn:

lazylathe likes this.
  17. weenstoned

weenstoned Well-Known Member

Only 43 percent of respondents stated that they use cannabis and only 58 percent favor legalization so it's not that surprising that a bunch of ignorant people would vote that way.

18. biohacker

Those "ignorant people" as you say, have a say and a vote. Whether they use cannabis or not is irrelevant. Not everybody in the world is a cannabis user.

19. poonman

When the Gov't wants to alleviate the concerns of
    Autism . They involve and get input from parents of
    Autistic children . Those that are immediately effected
    may have a better understanding of their own predicament .

I'm NOT trustworthy of Blair being put in that position !
    Which is why , we need to push to have our voices heard .

Trudeau put cannabis legalization on the table in the
    last election . People voted , just like Britain , No do overs ...

theCerberus and weenstoned like this.
  20. biohacker

The government doesn't give a shit about us. The liberal task force will be making all the decisions, not us. I'm just not certain if this is a "new" task force..... or the "old" one? lol Regardless, the way this seems to be going is big time taxation, as I feel the only reason the laws are changing are to inject more money into the government.

Weed will be like booze....legal and available, but taxed the shit out of....

Still not sure why this announcement didn't occur at 4:20? :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  21. weenstoned

Just saying that there's no logical way for pharmacies to dispense medical cannabis. How are they supposed to carry all the strains from all the LPs? These respondents are ignorant as in not educated about the facts.

poonman likes this.
  22. poonman

Blair and Maclellen running the new task force !
    The Blind leading the Fuckin Blind !!
    2 of the most anti-MJ advocates from the past !!!

Me and my buddies joked about how they could easily walk into
    a MJ store and purchase recreationally next spring . Idk now .

100 % agree
    Which is more reason why " We " should .
    They did mention something about an On-line consultation
    that may be open to all for discussion . Well maybe Not all , but
    hopefully , at least , start with Licensed Medical patients to offer
    their advice and needs .

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    lazylathe and biohacker like this.
  23. lazylathe

poonman likes this.
  24. weenstoned

Pretty skeptical that they will take into account anything people say. As long as they have even a tiny minority to point to they will justify extra control. Just look at Toronto where dispensaries who had minimal complaints were raided.

theCerberus and biohacker like this.
  25. lazylathe

Better than no opinion at all...
    At least on the surface they are asking for our opinions. Whether they take them into consideration or not is not up to us.
    We need to fill in the survey to show strength in numbers and unity as to what we want.

biohacker and poonman like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors