1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto - Find A Dispensary (9 Listings)

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by mikek9, Aug 10, 2015.

1. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Done .
    That was interesting , it was just 1 section .
    I think there may be more input allowed in the other sections .
    Bookmarked that page for now .

They do allow you to type a 1500 worded reply at the end .
    I'd used some Caps and !!! in my post .
    Gonna share this link with my sister and friends to fill out .

lazylathe likes this.
  2. weenstoned

weenstoned Well-Known Member

I also filled it out. A lot of their assumptions/proposals are pretty lame/worrisome. Particularly the possible restriction of high THC weed or products like shatter. Gotta get that healthy plant matter tar I guess. Also very amusing that they compared the advertising thing to tobacco conveniently ignoring the massive advertising of alcohol. Kinda the same goes for banning edibles while alcohol companies can make hard lemonades and alco-pops that are basically aimed at teens.

Edit: Didn't realize there was multiple sections for input. Make sure you are clicking through to the online input section of each 3.X section.

One potential bright spot I noticed was seeking input on whether or not provinces should be allowed to regulate cannabis differently or if it should be the same rules nationwide. Hard not to imagine a lot of the provinces really fucking this up for consumers if they're allowed to have their way.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    lazylathe and poonman like this.
  3. theCerberus

theCerberus Well-Known Member

The main problem I have with the survey is it makes a lot of false assumptions that Allard and Smith already proved wrong. It questions Allard on home-growing being safe and Smith on cannabis derivatives and THC limitation while citing increased health risk without data/science to back them up. It even questions the very nature of the medical program's existence while proposing restrictions on our constitutional rights that were just upheld it court....

They also seem to think "normalization" is somehow a bad thing...

And assume they can accurately measure THC % level in cannabis flowers...

They also assume that THC % accurately measures potency....

And assume that a more potent plant is more of a health risk when it is less of one.... who needs all that plant matter?....

In this regard, they asked loaded questions, and prove to be the same prohibitionists they always were.
    They even use the word "prohibit" when talking about THC limits/concentrates, and act as if it is somehow a different, more dangerous drug. As if somehow providing clean, regulated hash oil is worse than having people try to make it themselves.

If all goes their way welcome to prohibition 2.0.... where we see grow ops continue to be raided, questionably safe black market concentrates, and young dumb concentrate makers continue to blow up houses because they dont have access to the product they want.

It scares me that even when legalization is coming, they are still pushing a lot of the propaganda.
    Most of their concerns can be solved with education (go slow/low dose on the concentrates/edibles for first timers).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    weenstoned and poonman like this.
  4. George1151

George1151 Well-Known Member

I am worried about how they are gong to screw us over over driving high. It is not anywhere as dangerous as driving drunk and granted someone who is impaired should not drive but I am so cautious when I drive high. Plus what about the THC in my system from the day before even though there is 0 impairment. Insurance implications too. The current MMPR system is terrible and the current LPs do not produce good enough quality according to many. Then there is the issue of price. If everyone gets greedy then the black market will still exist and thrive making cartels and biker gangs and other thugs rich and with enough money to corrupt government.

Sure would be nice to be able to go to a bar and vape instead of drink though. Wonder if that will happen.

5. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

6. theCerberus

John Conroy has been the president of Norml Canada for decades. He is the perfect person to defend our rights. He also should have been chosen for the legalization task force... but there is still strong prohibitionist bias....

lazylathe and poonman like this.
  7. lazylathe

Going to pay Burlington's First a visit tomorrow!
    Gave them a call and they still accept MMAR forms!!!

Will do a review when i have tested all the strains!

poonman likes this.
  8. poonman

fyi
    CALM re-opened last week at a new location on
    Church street . It appears they have the same menu
    as the Phoenix tears delivery menu . I only saw
    6 strains tho , but still want to head down and re-establish
    my membership .

I'm hoping the other ' well known ' dispensaries will re-open
    soon ...

lazylathe likes this.
  9. lazylathe

Burlington's Finest review.

Kind of hard to find as there is no signage outside or anything which is the exact point!
    The owner wants it to be more word of mouth for now, makes sense!

After filling out the 3 page membership form, a copy of my MMAR and drivers license and i am good to go!
    The owner, Marcus takes me to the dispensary area and while it is small, it is neat and tidy.
    Unfortunately all the product is housed under glass in a closed cabinet with fluorescent lights that heat up the large Mason jars. The product was warm and the aroma was out of this world but i do not think this is good for the product.
    The other negative was that i think the owner is not 100% up to speed on medical conditions and strains etc...
    I told him i was an Indica or Indica leaning Hybrid kind of guy due to my conditions to which he said "Well then no Kush strains for you"... To my understanding a Kush is an Indica anyway...
    New industry and lots to learn still.

Weedmaps had been there and left a bunch swag, which was generously loaded on me! LOL!

Now onto the menu!!
    There were about 12 strains on hand, most i had never heard of before!
    Some are breeder specific strains that are not available elsewhere, so that is cool!
    All strains had very strong aromas and the buds are super dense and rock hard.
    I was allowed to hold, smell and check their desnsity gently! NICE!!

The strains i went with are:
    The One - this was his top strain at $80/7gr
    Phoenix Fire OG - This was his 2nd best seller at $70/7gr
    Dawg Daze - $65/7gr
    Kosher Kush - $60/7gr
    Bluberry Blush - $65/7gr

All round a good experience and i will 100% be going back!
    We talked about vaporizers and he wanted a show and tell the next time i come in, should be fun!

So far i have tried The One and it is amazing! Thai X Pure Afghan and it is a powerhouse!
    Next up was the Pheonix Fire OG and it was bomb as well! Super high THC here!!
    Later will be the Dawg Daze, this one has a super pungent fruity smell to it. Seems to be Chemdawg in one of it's many guises! Should be a good one!

I would recommend this place!

Mainoffender, poonman and mikek9 like this.
  10. theCerberus

Hindu, Afghani, and other landraces in the kush mountain region are indicas, however OG kush (Ocean Grown Kush) is a hybrid which originates from a cross of Hindu and Chem Dawg grown in California.

Many "Kush" strains are OG Kush crosses, which makes them hybrids and not quite indica, some may even lean on the sativa side depending on the cross.

This is why the name Kush alone does not indicate sativa or indica, and the genetics/lineage are important.

11. lazylathe

That is why I said
    "Indicate or Indica leaning Hybrid"

I was being very specific by not mentioning Sativa, thus in my mind I was being very clear as to what I was wanting...

theCerberus and Mainoffender like this.
  12. Satty

Satty Member

I checked out the new Healing Health Compassion in London Ontario yesterday.
    It was a very positive experience, very helpful bud tenders and a good selection of cannabis at fair prices also.
    I walked out with a nice bag of Grape God and Chocolope.
    Top quality!

13. poonman

They will be opening a Cannabis Culture shop , at
    my corner plaza next week .( Scarboro ) I'm sure their prices will
    be the same as the dispensaries .$ 10 - $ 15 / g for their
    top end stuff . But I may find it beneficial , for variety .
    Like grabbing 1 g of tasty Sativa for the night .

I was down at CALM a few weeks back . I like their
    new location and set-up . Picked up an oz of flavor buds
    Cookies and Cream for $ 280 ... ouch . But will do it
    again .

My ' local guy ' has dropped his prices a little , I'm guessing
    the black market may have to do that to ensure their piece
    of the pie . Considering they WILL have a target on their backs
    from the LEOs moving forward .

So Wynn shut down some Ottawa shops , she will not
    be happy until ALL pot stores closed in Ontario . As not to leave
    any money on the table . Such a Nasty Woman ....

Mainoffender and Hoss like this.
  14. poonman

fyi

The address for Cannabis Culture in Scarboro is on
    Brimley , north of Finch .
    1st set of lights turn left on Alexnuir ( westward )
    right on the corner plaza as you turn left .

AhBeVapin likes this.
  15. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

I just filled out the survey, this was my response regarding impaired driving:

"
    Interesting that the only answers provided to the question about the limits of technology and associated penalties. It seems illogical to only provide answers for harsher penalties when the question starts with, "There are limits to the technology used to test drug impairment" which suggests that we should treat it either the same as we do with alcohol impairment when dealing with substances that are not prohibited any longer(assuming the legalization goes through as promised). I do feel that due to the limits of technology that more time and effort should be put into training officers for signs of drug impairment by some kind of well recognized standard and not just arbitrary training directives not based off researched and peer reviewed information.

I am a licensed medical user and struggle very much with my health in a number of ways. I also take 7-8 other prescribed regular medications to help with my disabling symptoms. Many of those medication can cause significant impairment likely greater and more dangerous than cannabis such as pain medications and sedatives. I'm certain you must be aware of the people operating motor vehicles with active licenses that are heavily medicated. All it says on the bottle is to use caution when driving as you may feel drowsy or intoxicated. I presume people can still be charged if operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, but that also from what I understand is generally a result of an officer detecting visible impairment in the individual like slurring speech, eye colour and glossiness as well as stumbling and etc. Then I understand you would be taken to hospital and have your blood drawn for a toxicology screen to determine plasma concentrations for the purpose of hopefully charging the individual and having evidence to back it up. However, many users when taking long term medications develop a tolerance to certain side effects and quite often it is the impairment feelings that daily prescription use can cause dependant upon what your taking. This allows many individuals to drive around with oxycodone levels rivaling a passed out heroin user, but not appear impaired. This individual should not be subject to enforcement action if they don't show signs of impairment. Plasma concentrations are quite arbitrary in many cases as it doesn't reflect the brain chemistry that has adjusted the chemicals it releases as a response to the substance ingested. I believe cannabis should be treated the same for medical users that have a doctors prescription. As well, keep in mind, hypothetically I could be smoking a cannabis containing cigarette while driving that is essentially pure CBD as Licensed Providers have many strains with no available or less than one percent (<1%) THC which I believe the enforcement laws are strictly surrounding THC being in your system. They could actually look stoned and tired with significant lethargy, but once drug tested they would be considered clean as you, from my understanding of the laws, only focus testing on THC impairment. This may have changed, but I believe if it has not, this should be considered that the smell of cannabis is not reasonable grounds as it could be from consumption of CBD as well as other discretionary measures like red eyes and etc should not be held against you unless you present signs true of visibly impairment.

I essentially would like cannabis to be policed the same as alcohol when it comes to impaired driving, but I don't agree with the arbitrary set limits for impairment testing as they don't have the same degree of scientific study as well don't acknowledge the medical need of some users who use it a few times daily. They could very easily get up the next day without consuming any cannabis and wait until mid afternoon and head out for a drive. If pulled over and tested, they could register 10-15+ ng/ml *(I believe is the measurement) when the proposed 5 ng/ml exists. I could not of smoked or vaporized cannabis and not ingested cannabis ever and still register as impaired due to the body's storage of cannabinoids for extended periods of time. I don't believe a user who hasn't smoked in 3-6 hours or ingested anything within 18hrs, depending on tolerance of course, should be considered intoxicated if they don't display the obvious visual signs I have referred to.

I really hope this information makes it to the eyes of someone who can seriously consider some of my points and possibly have others consider them as well that have a stake in the eventual outcome.

Thank You."

16. MeditativeMind

MeditativeMind *Insert 'custom title' here*

Wynne wants to have it extremely regulated like LCBO. I think she won't allow us to grow our own or allow any private dispensaries with non government regulated industrial grow-op based weed. That will definitely not fly around here. All the of the licensed producers I've dealt with have horrible weed. Usually very fluffy, leafy, stemmy, and barely does the job.

I hate her so much and the way she wants to handle legalization is just the cherry on top.

17. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

Unfortunately she doesn't have any authority to override federal legislation. If she doesn't like it she can suck her big toe and cry, but it still won't change. Home production should happen as the task force recommended it. If it is incorporated into the cannabis act it will happen and be allowed in every province and territory regardless of the premiers protest. Our right to consume cannabis for medical purposes is a Charter Right which is fought at the federal level. This is allowed across Canada and is an equal right in each province. One province can't step in and override it because they disagree. Premiers can certainly make trouble and disrupt certain processes by trying use other laws they have power over to disrupt process. But, legalization is a federal thing and the model should ideally be replicated coast to coast.

The task force has strongly advocated against alcohol and cannabis being sold with alcohol. It's not going to happen.

They might have some discretion about where it can be sold and might create another monopoly of stores but they won't decide who grows it and supplies the stores. That is the federal government and Health Canada territory which is also a federal agency. Again Kathleen can suck a cheesy fat toe.

Yea, they will restrict where these eventual outlets will be able to source their cannabis and it will only be from government licensed growers. I mean regardless if the police use this line in an attempt to discourage people using the dispensary model by saying the product has no quality control. However, this is true when they don't lab test to Health Canada's pharmaceutical standard. I'm sure much if the cannabis is far from that standard, it may still have a great effect and smell and taste, but have trace amounts of banned substances even in the most well flushed products.

One thing I noticed is how dispensaries quality has gone way downhill since they exploded 2 years ago. I was used to places like TCC and Calm having some top shelf bud that was simply amazing, especially TCC bud. I never bought a batch I regretted except once I tried some cheap m-39 from toronto medical dispensary and it tastes like local and fresh cut grass. I threw it out, but it was just a gram and it was like $4 I think. You get what you pay for certainly. But now I am finding 50% or more of the bud is of poor quality or has some clandestine related faults like smelling faintly of moth balls. I mean common, medical dispensary? Yeah right.

They used to be good when the market was maybe 5000 patients and they only had to buy from the established quality growers that filled dispensaries since their inception. Now with 20x more potential customers from Canada's 100,000 estimated ACMPR patients. They certainly are going to have to cut corners to continue to supply. And when you cut corners and all your quality growers are sold out, you go to the next best thing and so on. This is not wise for quality control. Going outside your supply chain is what many corporate entities have been accused of doing in the name of profit. The booming dispensaries now are not here to fill a need. They are here to make money. You so that when you buy low and sell high. Buying low is why we end up with the crap they sometimes try to push.

I don't get why people are opposed to these regulations you honestly have to be pretty silly to not want a government mandated system forcing Producers to only produce pharmaceutical quality.

You think myclobutanil is not used on many dispensary buds? They wouldn't even know, only the growers.

Is it hard to produce high potency, quality cannabis that adheres to the government regulated system? No unapproved anything. I mean myclobutanil has been used as a staple in agriculture and food production and is food safe, but there are no studies showing what chemical reactions occur when it's heated or vaporized. I prefer to have this safety available.

You don't want irradiated bud? Fine, stop whining and sign up with an LP that has a mandate against using it. Don't like their bud? Try another who also doesn't do it. You'll find one.

LASTLY, they have stepped up their approval times significantly to prepare for the upcoming demand from legalization measures.

What I want to say is if those dispensary growers you all claim to fame based on your love for dispensary bud would be missing a golden opportunity to turn their illegal antiquated cottage/craft grower system into a rea bonafide operation that is legal and above board. This will weed out growers with ties to organized crime, but there are also plenty of growers with law abiding desires who would jump at the opportunity to legitimize what they do so well.

I wonder if they can still do what they do while following the tight and restrictive rules of Health Canada forcing them to use only approved substances.

Also, did you know Health Canada's Standard for testing for these banned products used the absolute latest technology in chemical analysis producing results that in order to pass have to have less than 0.001ppm being detectable.

I like pharmaceutical standards and I like open access to cannabis. But I want my cannabis to be safe and worry about my health. The number of times I've walked out of dispensaries and got home to vape my purchase and find out it has a faint smell of mothballs or something like that. And this includes dispensaries like Eden Medical which was vancouvers first licensed dispensary and is currently in partnership with UBC (University of British Columbia) to research the effects of cannabis as a replacement to opioids as many have anecdotally claimed for years. It is a full clinical study and the cost of your meds is covered and the cannabis batches are all lab tested to Health Canada standards so you can determine your reactions were from why ratios of compounds.

Try and tell me an unregulated dispensary system that flirts and eventually dates the illicit Black Market supply further empowering organied crime from enriching themselves for further disruption of the law and importing weapons and hard drugs like heroin, cocaine and fentanyl. Like we need more of that on our streets.

People make snap decisions all the time about how they feel about something and often pick the wrong side for all the wrong reasons. Perfect example when the Omar Kahdr 10.5m settlement was reached and payed out many Canadian reacted in disgust. Veterans see it as salt being rubbed in their wounds. The widow sees it as an aberration to her husbands service to his country. My mom said she was quite turned off that it happened until I laid out the facts.

He facts?
    -Yes he may have likely killed Sgt Speers with a grenade
    -No, he was not an adult and considered of sound mind as our courts protect.
    -He was also shot twice during the firefight. Who is to say if he didn't kill Sgt Speer that his fate could of been his as well. They were at war. The expectation is to kill the enemy. If one sides deserves jail for a military offensive that kills other opposing military members is that not just the name of the game? I mean the US is killing insurgents and the insurgents are killing US soldiers and I have mixed feelings about those numbers being held as even markers to each other. But wars are about killing and pushing out your enemies.
    -He was a minor who was indoctrinated by his radicalism father turning him into a child soldier. His families ties are undeniably close to terrorist groups and yes Osama Bin Laden was at his sisters wedding who is now being help on terrorism charges. There is worry the money will go to her defense, which would certainly be a very troublesome use of the money
    -Tabitha Speer and the other soldier who lost sight in I believe one eye also won a $134m default judgement against Omar Khadr for which he was in jail in Canada and unable to properly defend the claims. As well, those claims are based on his admission to the Military Tribunal which has now been very widely discredited for their conducts and the confessions obtained through torture and duress

-Does a child who develops reprehensible behaviour and acts on his indoctrinated beliefs deserve the full penalty based on a typical adults culpability - out criminal code had two sections of penalties, one for minors and one for adults and there is a reason for that.
    -Does a child deserves to be held without charge in a notorious prison with grown men who are severely radicalized and almost impossible to help?

-Do Canadians know he was tortured while there? Threatened with a receiving violence directed at you and extracting a confession to some of the worst psychological tortures such as forced sleep deprivation. In the video is shows the poor kid rocking back and forth on the brink of insanity muttering kill me. I think he was kept awake for up to 2 weeks forcibly.
    -On top of these egregious claims of reprehensible actions towards him, Canadian CSIS agents visited him and interviewed him. What is not clear is if they also participated in his torture, but 100% they knew about it and saw evidence and also, knowing he was a Canadian citizen with Charter protected rights just like any other and they did nothing about it and left him them languishing in peril.

-If I was tortured, no matter how horrible the crime, it would be a violation of my rights as a citizen of Canada. That is why I would be entitled to compensation.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  18. theCerberus

i dont agree with the above post, and i'll leave it at that, lets try to stay on topic here. LPs or dispensaries. i havent been to a dispensary for about a year now. been very happy with broken coast's quality and sticking to it for now. For concentrates, I suggest rosin pressing. For edibles I suggest using ABV (if your cannabis is going to get cooked anyways, might as well vape it first, its essentially free). LP wise, i'm very interested in the green organic dutchman. hopefully they will open for patient registration very soon as they claim to have 36 strains in stock.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Genki88 likes this.
  19. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

What's funny is for the past two years all you have done is a bunch of hooting and hollering about dispensaries being disrupted by the LP system to your very post today crying how happy you are with it.

Talk about a gigantic flip flop on beliefs now that you have actually tried the LP System.

Sort of makes anything you profess come with a lot of questions surrounding how sound of an opinion is it.

Everyone is entitled to change their adherence to one belief system to another's, but when you were a martyr for the dispensaries while hey sold moth ball tasting bud we were all basking in the sunshine of Health Canada inspected medicine.

Now you want a piece too?

I am all for brick and mortar locations, but I am also all for stringent testing to ensure my health as well as others.

I generally stick with what I pronounce as I don't bother making statements until I am well enough informed about the subject matter to avoid having to flip flop when you see the light, finally.

20. theCerberus

I wish there was a dislike button so I could push it for your last post. I haven't flipped flopped one bit. I don't enjoy the LP system but I've been sticking to it from the start. I've tried 12 LPs and never once gave up on it.

With that said, lots of LPs have terrible quality standards and lots of dispensaries surpass that. Health Canada safety standards is another story.

I am not "crying" about how happy I am. I am simply satisfied enough to not have to visit a dispensary from a single LP. It's not like I love this system or anything. I think it's still shitty and wrong to not be able to smell out my flowers to figure out what's best. The only thing I have is blind faith that my LP will phenotype and produce to high quality standards and I don't enjoy that one bit.

21. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

If you read your past posts/rants on this forum and especially on cannabis.ca forum you would be surprised to hear the tune you are singing now. But everyone can change what they believe in, it's just funny because it's like a skinhead turned flower power hippy. There's a lot of questions as to what and how many steps facilitated that transition.

Anyway,

It's really not that bad and yes there are plenty of bad LPs, but also some really good and fair ones and a slew of new ones on the way due to HC's response to speed up the process for an upcoming legal market. Anyone can focus and continue to bore away at minute details of what is happening now when those issues are mostly growing pains and will be ironed out in the future. So many times you complain about things coming with more shake than bud and that's happened to me but I have been refunded each time so what do I have to complain about?

Also good product quality assurance is imperative. Do you know I have been refunded every time something has been wrong like incorrect THC% and yes even when it comes more potent than it was when ordered I have been offered refunds for accuracy issues. Also if I got a jar of half shake they refund my entire orders. There is something not so bad when dealing with large corporations that can afford to compensate handsomely for their mistakes. I had to throw out one order because I couldnt use it as it made me anxious and they refunded me 10g because I couldn't use it and had a bad reaction. I had already received the first 5g and not opened it and then ordered more of a new batch two days later and they still refunded me for both orders. Dispensaries don't allow refunds mostly anymore and when they do they take back the cannabis and resell it. I have never had to send back any of the bud that I was refunded for. Anything that is sub par and I'm refunded for is just turned into free cooking material. It never comes with mold of anything like that as the testing is so stringent, but its more issues like too much shake or tiny buds or incorrect THC% from when ordered to delivered.

The majority of consumers are pleased to get cannabis with a level of scrutiny that is beyond pharmaceutical standards in some cases with what is available and are understanding of growing pains their providers have had. Also they always have the chance to switch so it's like complaining about what you're wearing when all you have to do is go to the drawer and grab something your happy with. Or eating a raw steak when you could just toss is back in the BBQ. Some sad portions of the population would eat that RAW steak and get sick just so they have a vice to grip on to.

And broken coast had had some crappy batches too which they sell anyway for their now jacked up prices. There are much better options now and coming.

Also 36 strains to anyone with the slightest comprehension of the approval and licensing process. No Producer had enough space to consistently produce 36 strains in commercially consistent quantities without having a huge facility. So many producers start with sub 50,000 sq. ft. and eventually expand like aurora with I think their 800,000 sq. ft. or so. They don't start with a giant op as it's harder to control such a big operation and would then be harder to meet regulatory standards of approval if you can't manage the whole site. They likely sourced heavily from other LPs reselling to other LPs so half or more of those 36 strains aren't likely even theirs.

Now that's just logic really. I don't have to even have a hair of information about the new Producer to find fault in the suggestions put forward. Logic is a great friend.

22. theCerberus

Again. I wish there was a dislike button. I dont know what you are talking about, but you are putting words in my mouth and I dont like that.

I want brick and mortar locally sourced cannabis, fresh, dank and strong. It became easier to get corporate produced cannabis, and I stuck with the convenience of that. That doesnt mean I like or love this system. it just means I want to try to be legal the best I can. I still want the best relief for my symptoms and that doesnt really work with mail order unless I know the genetics, and trust the producer. Thus I've landed on broken coast. It's not a great system, but it works, and I am satisfied with that.

You speak for the majority of patients? Well thats just pompous. If you want to go by pure statistics, there are far more people using dispensaries than LPs, so I'm not sure you can even make that conclusion at all.

They have a return policy thats second to none. If you dont like a batch, just return it and buy something else. Problem solved.

Bullshit. I hate this ACMPR LPs for exactly that reason. Very very few LPs care to give refunds. It's all too bad so sad. Sorry this medicine is ineffective. I've tried 12 LPs and only Broken Coast accepted returns by policy. A few others made exceptions and let me return (but told me not to tell anyone) or gave credit for a bad batch. These LPs do not stand behind their product and thats a huge problem. The fact that you act like they do shows your obliviousness to the whole situation.

Well that's rather condescending. I just went to their website and it says 36 strains in stock, most notably a number of strains that other LPs do not stock. This producer was licensed about a year ago and health canada has been frantically speeding up the process and licenses. its perfectly possible.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    weenstoned likes this.
  23. weenstoned

weenstoned Well-Known Member

Ya at least one of the LPs that was selling bud tainted with a prohibited chemical didn't give customers refunds but just something like 20% off their next order. Saying it's safer than pharmaceutical standards is bogus when over 5% of companies (at that time) sold bud with a prohibited substance as Health Canada was not testing any cannabis for prohibited chemicals at the time only levels of permitted chemicals.

theCerberus likes this.
  24. theCerberus

thats another great point. health canada really dropped the ball not testing this stuff. a number of LPs were spraying unapproved pesticides on their cannabis and did not offer much in the way of compensation either. no penalty from health canada after. no fine. no loss of license. nothing. just a promise from health canada to start testing going forward (something patients assumed was being done already).

25. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

If you were more active in the Canadian medical cannabis community you would know the majority of patients are satisfied. I happen to have been representing and engaging with large populations in Canada through various means such as social media, support groups for pain management whether online or in person, other forums dedicated to covering the Canadian medical cannabis market and expos from treating yourself 2013 and onward. I also have worked for one of Canada's oldest vaporizer companies and worked with analysis and marketing. Oh and not to mention the amount of freelance articles I have studied for and written about for the industry. I wouldn't still be here and working in the industry if I offered misinformation. People also voted for an eventual autocracy with trump, so there are crazier things that have been done.

You will always have customers that find something wrong. To a certain extent mistakes can be considered to have some merit as they usually lead to the changes we have today.

Heath Canada had learned and tightened up their policies to provide a better and safer product.

How safe do you think pharmaceuticals were when that industry first launched? You think contaminated batches didn't happen then? They have happened as recent as a few years ago with drug giant Apotex's international facilities failed US FDA testing when they passed Canada's more relaxed requirements. The government makes mistakes. It's what they do to fix them that means something.

@weenstoned i never said Health Canada standards were perfect I begin with. As stated above you think the inception of the pharmaceutical industry was without any fault of lack of oversight. It takes people dying to usually figure that out.

They are pretty damn perfect now with their testing to 0.001ppm for contaminant.

That is beyond pharmaceutical quality actually.

Also, recalled product that ended up with simple 20% off offers are simply the result of poor customer service and you are doing yourself a disservice sticking with that LP.

ITS A BUYERS MARKET

And you have to be inanely silly to believe that an LP cultivated all thirty six of those strains. That's specious at best to think they could accomplish that pre license when they can only have so many plants and so much stock allowed.

Being as knowledgeable as some believe they are, then they should know there are dozens of unlicensed LPs with cultivation licenses as well as all the other licensed LPs that grow specifically for resale to other LPs and yes that will include genetics they may not offer their customers.

I'm hard pressed to believe that few of those strains were not grown by other LPs because you seem to know all the in stock and out of stock product and legacy genetics that have been offered in the 3 years since MMPR. I'm humbled by your AI like ability to crawl Code and discern what products have been offered at any given time. Nonsense.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors