1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto - Find A Dispensary (9 Listings)

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by mikek9, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

Hey guys, I just updated my post with a list I compiled of 8 Dispensaries in Toronto, Ontario Canada. It is far from the 100+ Vancouver has, but it's a start. You have to be a valid MMAR/MMPR license holder for most of these, but some will allow you to register with a doctor's note recommended cannabis for medical reasons. This list was compiled using Liftcannabis.com and Leafly.com as resources so they are all publicly available on the web.

This is for the medical community! There are links to the websites of most of these dispensaries as well as contact information and an address where applicable.

[​IMG]
    Cannawide Dispensary - Toronto

• 34 Kensington Toronto, ON
    • 1-416-977-0420
    [​IMG]
    CannDo

[​IMG]
    Rainbow Medicinal Cannabis

[​IMG]
    Cannabis As Living Medicine (CALM)

[​IMG]
    The Toronto Dispensary

[​IMG]
    Toronto Compassion Centre

[​IMG]
    Canadian Compassion Dispensary

[​IMG]
    Medical Compassion Clinic
    [​IMG]
    Toronto Holistic Cannabinoids

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Nice to see some representation here from the GTA. I like CALM, although $10/g is a bit much, their concentrates are fairly priced now.

3. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

^Agreed. They also don't offer great quantity discounts, but otherwise they are pretty great.

4. jordan420

jordan420 New Member

Soco is another one, they have one location and opening another 2. There is also another one below the canadian compassion center on Kensington.
    Canndo, calm, toronto dispensary and Cannawide are the only ones I use on the regular. Has anyone tried that holistic one?

poonman likes this.
  5. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

Awesome, do you have a website for them? I'm going to try and look them up and post a list.

6. biohacker

Can anyone suggest a more affordable replacement than CALM? I lost my id card, and don't really feel like forking over $30 for a new one (nice compassion, a driver's license cost $25) and then $10-12/g. I love taking the train into downtown and walking around so anything in the area would be great. I didn't know there were so many!

Also, I know it's not Toronto, but London Compassion Club is a legit place for a long time, and nothing over $7. Also do mail order for $20. LOTS of product, organic, greenhouse, edibles, oils, concentrates, etc.

7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Wow , I did Not know there were others besides
    Toronto Compassion , which I'm not a member ...yet .

3 years ago , I'd ordered from London Comp .
    I thought it was all sub-par (at that time).
    Maybe they've improved since .

CALM offers $9 - $10 g $225-$250 per oz .
    They are my favorite as far as quality cannabis is concerned .
    ( along with my ' local guy ' )
    What are the prices for the other walk-in dispensaries ?
    and are they any good ?

Mainoffender, AhBeVapin and biohacker like this.
  8. mikek9

mikek9 Vapor Enthusiast

You can click on the names of the dispensaries in the top post and it will bring you to their websites. cannawide and Toronto dispensary list their menus of leafly.com - the links take you there. you can see what they are currently offering as well as the prices.

I've heard decent things about cannawide and the Toronto dispensary as well as rainbow medical. all have $200 OZs. rainbow medical has $180 OZs

cannawide apparently has some really expensive stuff, like 10/g all the way up, so $280 oz but it is supposed to be pretty good.

Toronto dispensary has lots of OZs 200-220 and they lab test lots of their product (available on their webpage).

I would consider joining Toronto dispensary and cannawide possibly.

9. biohacker

Wow this is awesome! I love having more options! Thanks for the info fellas..

10. jordan420

jordan420 New Member

http://www.socomedical.ca
    They are opening up 2 more locations. Not the best quality when I was there. Canndo, toronto dispensary, calm and Cannawide are the spots I go to the most.

Here's another one.
    Medicalclub.ca

11. jordan420

jordan420 New Member

And Elitemeds.ca says they are opening soon.

poonman, AhBeVapin and biohacker like this.
  12. poonman

Since we're talking GTA ,
    There's one on the SE corner of Broadview and Danforth .
    My friend says they will help get you licensed by a physician for a fee .
    But I'm Not sure if they operate as a dispensary tho .

Does anyone know ...

Mainoffender and AhBeVapin like this.
  13. jordan420

jordan420 New Member

It's just a clinic as far as I know.

Mainoffender, poonman and AhBeVapin like this.
  14. jordan420

jordan420 New Member

new one on Augusta I just walked past

AhBeVapin, Mainoffender and poonman like this.
  15. Mainoffender

Mainoffender Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this thread. Thanks guys. Just got my prescription last week and looking for a good club to join. In Sauga though and it's a MMJ wasteland. Anyone know of dispensaries in the west end? Can't take the prices my designated grower charges (although the quality is right there). Gonna go broke at $14/gram. Do you find the dispensaries offer quality herb though? Do they offer premium kush (over 20% THC)? Just tried OG Shark and it was brilliant but do these dispensaries offer strains such as these?

AhBeVapin, poonman and biohacker like this.
  16. biohacker

Are you into mail order?

17. poonman

Which LP is selling $ 14 /g ?
    That's messed up !

I can recommend CALM at Yonge and Wellesley area .
    It's a walk-in dispensary , and you can view and smell
    the Buds before making your purchase .

And agree totally with mail-order MJ from BC .

18. Mainoffender

@biohacker yes I get by mail order now. I think mail order is the only way the LP's ship since the gov messed up the old rules. And @poonman I'm with Tilray. Fast shipping from B.C. and quality herb but terribly expensive. Went through the process on Labor Day weekend and got my first order last week. Wish I had done more research before hand. Didn't know I'd be asked right away to choose an LP and think I picked the wrong one. It's hard to change though. You basically have to get the doc to write a new prescription. I'd heard of CALM. After reading today about the RCMP writing to the dispensaries (including CALM) telling them to stop selling or be shut down I think maybe I'll stay away from dispensaries for a while.
    Guys do outfits like CALM ship or do you have to go to them? Once the heat dies down or we get rid of Harper this fall I'd like to give them a try.

AhBeVapin and poonman like this.
  19. poonman

Yes , CALM does mail-order too .

Mainoffender and AhBeVapin like this.
  20. theCerberus

theCerberus Well-Known Member

Tilray has $14/g strains, Medreleaf has $15/g strains, and Hydropothecary has $15/g.

Tilray is usually anywhere from AA-topshelf stuff, and some strains are priced as low as $6/g
    I would recommend Tilray, but their batches are quite inconsistent and the prices are based on THC% instead of quality of bud.
    Their Afghani CBD is priced at $7/g and batches i've had were top shelf.
    Then I've had their Diamond OG for $11/g that was terrible and weak.

Medreleaf doesnt cure their cannabis at all.
    Not sure why anyone would pay $15/g +tax for uncured cannabis.

Hydropothecary doesnt list strain names or genetics and has relatively low THC %.
    Not sure why anyone would pay for that either.

http://cannabisincanada.ca/ottawa-threatens-vancouver-dispensaries-with-rcmp-shutdown/

Wrong. Read carefully. Those letters were sent to BC compassion centres in violation of the advertising laws.

You need to know the bigger picture here. This is just to keep in check with last years decision to crack down on the LPs (federally legal producers) breaking the same advertising laws.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/health-canada-clamps-down-on-medical-marijuana-advertising-1.2851471

They decided in that case to give them warning instead of threatening their business because this is a new industry and pretty much every LP was breaking the laws.
    They gave them about a month to become complaint instead of taking federal legal action.

Kind of ridiculous when you think about it.....
    20 legal companies break federal law and just receive a warning.
    100+ illegal dispensaries in Canada are advertising online breaking the same laws are left alone for a year.
    Then a handful that Health Canada needed no help finding are sent letters saying their entire business will be shut down because they are breaking the same advertising laws.

I'm fairly certain CALM was not sent a letter.
    They are in Ontario, not BC, and they dont break advertising laws.
    Their menu is hidden and so is their location.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  21. Mainoffender

I think (and hope) your right about CALM. They went through enough crap a few years back. A good history of the mess the PC's have made of the medical marijuana file. I didn't know other's were charging more than Tilray. Felt bad enough paying $14/G. I've only ordered twice and I am impressed with their quality. I've been experimenting with different strains and have tried 8 so far. Tried a high cannabinoid strain (Cannatonic @ $7/GM) for the first time and while I was impressed it was of no help to me. The high TH strains have helped but then you have the cost. OG Shark really does the trick. Hopefully after the election the clouds will part, the sun will rise and marijuana will be legal to all (above 18 of course).

poonman, AhBeVapin and theCerberus like this.
  22. theCerberus

Thought I'd get the topic back on track by mentioning theres a new dispensary called Cannibliss in the GTA and they have plans to open SEVERAL locations.

I get the feeling there's a large amount of money on this banking that Trudeau will win the election and these will turn into recreational stores.

Mainoffender, AhBeVapin and poonman like this.
  23. theCerberus

Dispensary growth is out of control in Ontario.

Both Cannawide and CALM have opened second locations in Toronto.

Additionally 10 new dispensaries have emerged.
    1. Health Cannabis
    2. WeLeaf.ca
    3. MedicalClub.ca
    4. Calyx
    5. The Cannalistic Centre
    6. Weeds Glass and Gifts
    7. Barc's Buds
    8. Toronto Cannabis Dispensary (different from The Toronto Dispensary)
    9. Kind Supply
    10. 416 Medicinal Health Centre
    Thats more than 100% increase in dispensaries since this thread started in August. Amazing. :D

And thats not even including elitemeds, soco (3 locations), and cannabliss(now called sativa and kush)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    AhBeVapin, poonman and biohacker like this.
  24. poonman

And they just announced that you can
    smoke/vape in " Public areas " if you're
    a licensed medical user in Ontario ...

I see a double edge sword , it could have
    adverse implications ...

AhBeVapin, smokum and biohacker like this.
  25. theCerberus

Not quite the story. The media sucks at doing their job.
    They make it sound like the floodgates just opened, when instead a small exemption was made in an upcoming law.

We can already smoke and vape in public areas.
    Thats why vapor lounges exist in the city.
    The only substance currently banned from smoking indoors in Ontario is tobacco.

They just announced we are medically exempt from the indoor smoking and vaping ban of any substance, as well as the outdoor public park smoking and vaping ban of any substance set to be in effect in 2017.

Bill 45. The Ontario Healthier Choices Act.
    It also bans menthol cigarettes, flavoured tobacco (cigars, shisha, cigarillos) and flavoured e-cigs.
    Basically just a terrible prohibition bill that we Ontarians let pass under the guise of protecting the children.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    AhBeVapin, poonman and Mainoffender like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors