• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Top Rated Cannabis Scale Recommended

Babanya

Hey FC crew, Im looking for a personal use scale that can start at .01 with precision and accuracy. I would also like to be able to put a tray on top and have the TARE button to zero the scale. Would be nice to have a cover for the scale for when not in use. Is there a company that is considered industry standard by any chance?

Thanks for the knowledge and input!

Babanya,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have a different American Weigh scale (.01 accuracy) and I also love it. A great scale.

Want to get this one too now to more accurately measure my rosin press returns ... lol

JCat,

olivianewtonjohn

I own the milligram scale listed above and love it. But its a milligram scale and doesnt work well for large amounts due to the tiny area that measures weight. If you need something starting wtih .01g I would get something else from AWS that is better for that usage

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I own the milligram scale listed above and love it. But its a milligram scale and doesnt work well for large amounts due to the tiny area that measures weight. If you need something starting wtih .01g I would get something else from AWS that is better for that usage

Yes the milligram scale (.001 to 20 grams) does have a pretty small scoop to weigh flowers. I use a clear plastic party cup with the top third cut off. I set the cup on the scale in place of the little scoop and then turn it on. The scale automatically zeroes out with the cup. Then I can easily weigh a quarter ounce with it.

The ability of the scale to calibrate to zero with a different flower holder is nice!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have a gemini-20 knock-off that actually legit works and I have one tip for its owners especially if you use it for weed:
Make your own try for it. Make it light, from a thick hard paper and put some cylinder the size of the weighing platform at the center of the bottom.
Then you can weigh up to the maximum range of the scale easily. You can't put even 2g on the tiny paltform that is has normally.
With the hand-made tray this scale works very well for me and its very precise.

Seek,

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I have a gemini-20 knock-off that actually legit works and I have one tip for its owners especially if you use it for weed:
Make your own try for it. Make it light, from a thick hard paper and put some cylinder the size of the weighing platform at the center of the bottom.
Then you can weigh up to the maximum range of the scale easily. You can't put even 2g on the tiny paltform that is has normally.
With the hand-made tray this scale works very well for me and its very precise.

I say that cutting the top portion of a clear plastic drink cup is easier. Just use the bottom half or more of the cup as a weighing container. Turn it on, wait for the scale to calibrate, then pour in your weed.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That also sounds great, probbly even better as paper doesn't last forever.

Seek,
AWS scales are crap, have had nothing but problems. On one I just calibrated (the Blade-100), I got five different readings for the same exact weight and the fluctuation can be up to 0.06g, possibly more.

Last edited:
KingofWisdom,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What size weight are you testing and on which AWS scales were you using? which others besides the Blade 100?

I've had great experience. Their precision units do need to be away from any air vents, and often overlooked is how any slope can have affect on your readings. get an old school level and make sure your table is absolutely flat.

If minding those items does not give you truer readings, perhaps you ought to reach out to customer support. They seem to be a pretty big company and might be able to assist.

I also have an AC Pro-200, which arrived new today. Considering both the scales I own from them are inaccurate, I wouldn't trust them to get me a working unit. For example, I'll put a calibration weight on it and it'll give me anything from 99.96 to 100.01 grams for a 100g weight. Not quite as accurate as I'd hoped.

Last edited:
KingofWisdom,

sickmanfraud

As a 5 year user medical cannabis user, I caution you that a scale that can only measure 20 grams will not solve all your scale needs.

To save postage, order a larger scale (does not need to be as exact as the smaller scale) at the same time.

Remember when looking for "the best" or the "most accurate" scale that you are not measuring gold or diamonds.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: JCharles

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I was introduced to Old Will Knott Scales from this thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/digital-scales-prices-and-quality-recommendations.520/

It has some great reviews!

I love my MyWeigh Triton T3. Measures to hundredths of a gram, but not thousandths like soem others mentioned earlier. The trade off is that it can read to 400 grams capacity and is less cumbersome to use. The entire scale is coated in a rubber bumper making it fantastically portable. Its offset clamshell design of the scale allows for a large weighing pad, and a very large tray.

sc158.jpg

It's on sale for something like $17 on OldWlllKnott.

As a 5 year user medical cannabis user, I caution you that a scale that can only measure 20 grams will not solve all your scale needs.

To save postage, order a larger scale (does not need to be as exact as the smaller scale) at the same time.

Remember when looking for "the best" or the "most accurate" scale that you are not measuring gold or diamonds.
What if I want to measure out a dose, though, and not just my entire stash?

KingofWisdom,
Reactions: JCharles
Top Bottom