• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Too much diffusion?

Would something like this http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/hvy-glass/hvy-glass-9mm-4-arm-beaker.html be too much diffusion for vapor, particularly my heavy-hitting HI? Is this considered a "double-chamber" piece? (the first chamber being the beaker bottom, the second being the 4-arm). Are double-chamber pieces in general considered too much for vapor?

I really like the idea of extra-thick 9 mm glass, and HVY seems reasonable compared to other brands in terms of price. I don't own any glass and I'm looking to take advantage of a 4/20 sale. Am I barking up the wrong tree entirely? I really like this Ben Wilson piece as well, though the HI would be right in my face during use.

OKcomputer,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Would something like this http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/hvy-glass/hvy-glass-9mm-4-arm-beaker.html be too much diffusion for vapor, particularly my heavy-hitting HI? Is this considered a "double-chamber" piece? (the first chamber being the beaker bottom, the second being the 4-arm). Are double-chamber pieces in general considered too much for vapor?

I really like the idea of extra-thick 9 mm glass, and HVY seems reasonable compared to other brands in terms of price. I don't own any glass and I'm looking to take advantage of a 4/20 sale. Am I barking up the wrong tree entirely? I really like this Ben Wilson piece as well, though the HI would be right in my face during use.

I bought the B Wilson you posted a week ago, and I love it. Then, on Saturday, I bought the Mobius Matrix Ion with insane diffusion, and love it too.

I don't think there's such a thing as too much diffusion, since more diffusion seems to make me cough/choke less. If you have a LHS, you should try in person if possible. The thing to look out for is drag. For instance it's hard to pull on a Solo - any more drag, just makes it more annoying.

If you are worried about the thing being in your face - try one of these:

LINK

I bought a few of these to customize my setup - and I love them too :tup:

SD_haze

More diffusion means less flavor and more vapor condensation.

Having a double-chambered piece as your only glass for your vapor can be pretty restricting, so I'd only get a double chamber if I already had a solid single-chambered piece.

BUT, the HVY you posted is still pretty short so its not the worst choice. With the BW piece though, a single inline is definitely a good mix between decent diffusion & flavor.

SD_haze,
Reactions: steama

Longbones

From what I've read, more diffusion moisturizes the vapor and makes it smoother. My next piece is going to be a high end bubbler with the most diffusion I can find—my current bubb is partly for travel use.

Less diffusion = more flavor but harder on your lungs.

Longbones,
Top Bottom