Too many choices! Help me pick a vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caulin

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I'm no stranger. I have been in the market for a new vaporizer for a few months now and have used this forum as my main faqs finder and reviews. I have an iolite that I bought about a year ago but I have grown to dislike it. It needs refilled constantly along with other things I hate. I am looking for a portable vaporizer that can be used with a few friends. ( I usually smoke with two other people). My main choices as of right now are the pax, the thermovape cera, the vaporblunt pinnacle, and the da Vinci ascent. My very top two are the cera and the pinnacle due to the convection type(I think that's the term I'm looking for). I love the idea of heating the air to vape. Eliminating the vapor path and reducing cleaning. I like the idea of replacing batteries on the cera and the ceramic. And i also like the pinnacle for the PonG adaptor. I do not know much about the new ascent so feel free to tell me about it if you like. What's the best choice for me? I am open to different vapes not listed. I'm no expert so feel free to correct me on my thinking if it is wrong.

Caulin,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Why do all people ask about the ascent? its not out yet and nobody here tried it, I think you'd better wait for it to come out and people test it incase of any big issues...

Do you need a portable that is very stealthy? or stealth is no issue?

m0sh,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Since you like batteries, the quality of ceramic,and want a bigger bowl thats easy to clean. I suggest to flashvape. Seems to have all the qualities your looking for. It may not be the sexiest vape,but is the look of a "massager" any better, and to whom? Plus pinnacle seems to be a kind of starter vape (low temp). Cera is sleek but not ideal for flowers. :2c:

Nbajunkie,

Caulin

I know it's not out yet but I haven't read up on it at all and wasn't sure if someone else might have. What do you mean starter vape. I know it's low temp. 370 and 390 I believe? But I will only be vaping flowers. I like the flashvape but the look turns me off. It doesn't seem like something you can put in your pocket. Stealth is an issue only considering size. I would like to have it in my pocked. I'm starting to think pax is the way to go unless ascent gets good reviews when it does release.

Caulin,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I read pax is an herb hog.And smelly plus its needs to be cleaned after every load. That's some high maintenance. Id be afraid of turning it on in my pocket.I don't know why everyone wants to stick it in their pocket..:shrug: When I said starter vape I just meant its a good vape for someone getting into vaporizers. Now that I've been doing this for a little while Ive come to appreciate the headier high I can reach with my flame vapes especially..Its just about getting to know yourself and needs and with pinnacle you may limit yourself? I'm trying to lay off the minivap to make this more coherent..:lol: Flashvape mini is coming out sometime, so there is hope yet. Plus you have to think about how hot these things will be that your going to be sticking back in you pocket..Be careful out there hehe

Nbajunkie,

Tweek

All I will say is...start cheap. Very few people get the perfect vape right out of the gate, and there are so many solid and affordable options out there, that you can buy a couple and experiment vs putting all your money down on the highest priced vape right out of the gate.

Tweek,

Caulin

Being able to put it in my pocket appeals to me for a lot of reasons. I would love to replace joints and blunts and be able to whip out a vape from my pocket. Tweek that's a good idea. I'm thinking I might just get the solo though. I've heard great things about it and think it would be a nice step up from my iolite. If pocket use is out of the question I'm goin to look into the solo more closely.

Caulin,

Tweek

Very few people have been disappointed with the Solo, although I am sure they are out there ;). It's not really a pocket vape, due to the glass stems and size, but there are people who make it work by using wood stems and big pockets :D

Another one to look into is the FlashVape, but this is less automatic than the solo, so that is something to take into consideration. Price wise it is hard to beat for the value you get.

Tweek,
Reactions: Stu

Kaptan

If you must have a pocketable vape that has variable temps and can medicate quickly, the Inhalater XP might be for you.

Kaptan,

clouded vision

Although my experience with portables is limited (My solo & friends wispr) I absolutely love my solo. I researched portables to death & I am not the least bit disappointed with my decision. Although it is not really a pocket vape there is a stealth stem attachment that allows you to put it in any fast food drink cup & attach a straw so it looks like a drink.
Plus I can't think of any better bang for your buck. $130 on Ebay

clouded vision,

Caulin

Yes I have noticed a lot of people like the solo. If I go with a small vape I may pick that up in the summer. So out of these choices which one would you guys choose for flowers. Thermovape cera/T1, pax, inhalater xp(the plastic scares me but I have read you cannot tell)

Caulin,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It's not plastic - it's polyimide. You can torch it and it won't melt lol

I'd still go for the solo though, unless stealth is a factor. Then I would go for the XP.

CentiZen,

Kaptan

Hahaha nice. I think I'm going to go with the cera.
If you are vaping oil, that's probably your best choice, but if your vaping flowers, the Cera may not be the best for you. The Cera has a very small bowl and I noticed that was one of your complaints about the iolite.

Kaptan,

Caulin

Damn. I feel like there's no good choice. Like no matter what I pick its wrong hahaha. I guess I going to have to research more.

Caulin,

Greenmile1332

Dude I am glad i found this forum because I am in the same exact boat. I am about to convert fully ( besides a nice goober every now and then) so i know I will want numerous devices for numerous reasons. I know I will want a solid home unit, but don't want to spend that much on a volcano right off the bat, and i know i want a portable to just rip while I am doing things around the house, watching a movie in bed, playing golf, etc. Soooo i have been researching for the past week and a half straight and still can't pull the trigger. Today is my ordering day, IT HAS TO BE! I promised myself not to combust any of this full jar of blue dream, and now I'm well into it.....:mad:.. I really like the Pax and don't mind cleaning, but the Inhalater looks pretty nice too. I know i will want to convert and rip through some water as well. Just glad I ended up finding this place, or i would be very very very lost. lol I will order today, something, hopefully, i think?!?!? ahh!

Greenmile1332,

Caulin

I think the da Vinci ascent looks very promising. Since I ready have my iolite I'm going to wait until it comes out and see how people like it. I know the da Vinci is a liked unit. I'm betting the ascent won't disappoint. The last thing a company was to do is release a bad product after getting a good name.

Greenmile1332

yea I were you I would prob. do the exact same. buttt i need to get to vaping now!!!! lol

Pax...Inhalater Xp....Cano.... otherbadassthings.....morebadassthingsidontknowabout... ha! I will order something tonight. thats what i keep telling myself, every night.

Greenmile1332,
I say the VB2 for y'all. Fatter than the Pinnacle, but oh so versatile and much better battery life. Solo and FV are great too, but less portable IMO.

If you get the VB2, I recommend buying without the glass and pairing with the Pinnacle HydroTube later for super-portable water sports.

kelper,

Greenmile1332

wow that sucker looks awesome, and the hydro tube is sweet. I saw someone post their Pax with a tube which looks awesomeeeee!

How do you think the pax or solo or inhalator compare to the vb2?
I just need to make a decision already and order my first vape before this jar of blue dream diassspppearrrs! :/ lol I want one to rip around the house and possibly while i golf too while I wait to make a purchase on a good home unit like a cano. !!! I gotta order tonight!!!! :bang:

Greenmile1332,
wow that sucker looks awesome, and the hydro tube is sweet. I saw someone post their Pax with a tube which looks awesomeeeee!

How do you think the pax or solo or inhalator compare to the vb2?
I just need to make a decision already and order my first vape before this jar of blue dream diassspppearrrs! :/ lol I want one to rip around the house and possibly while i golf too while I wait to make a purchase on a good home unit like a cano. !!! I gotta order tonight!!!! :bang:
Of those I've only really spent time with the Solo and VB2. For some reason, I have the most intense experiences with the VB2. The Solo is very efficient and you can go cloud-hopping like a madman, but the VB2 rearranges my head the most. I think the VB2 is more portable because there's no straw and I don't even use the little mouthpiece. Plus I love the stir-cap on the VB2.

kelper,

Greenmile1332

I really like the hydro tube attachment, I saw in the other threat where someone did that with the PAX and the tube from the vapor blunt or pinnacle......looks amazing... and I think that set up would be nice for me while waiting on the big home unit or next purchase.....

Greenmile1332,
...Greenmile, this is your conscience speaking... Spend the money on your cousin Maurice instead. I know these vapes look like the coming of the singularity ... the apotheosis you've been dreaming of, but he really needs a new pair of Keds. Think about it.

kelper,

Greenmile1332

...Greenmile, this is your conscience speaking... Spend the money on your cousin Maurice instead. I know these vapes look like the coming of the singularity ... the apotheosis you've been dreaming of, but he really needs a new pair of Keds. Think about it.

I had to google apotheosis... and keds. :smug:

and I still need a vape to order!!!! lol

Greenmile1332,

OO

Technical Skeptical
and I still need a vape to order!!!! lol
I read a post by Max I believe. It was a long time ago, and I was in the same position.

He said you couldn't go wrong with the Herbalaire, so I got one for around 145.

I'm inclined to agree, I love the thing, though I don't use it much anymore, I still think it is a great vape.

Unfortunately it is not portable, so it won't fit your needs.

OO,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom