tolerance breaks

thejudge320

not sure if this has been discussed before, i tried searching but couldn't find anything. i've been noticing lately that my tolerance has been getting pretty high really effecting the duration of my high. anyone know if there's any ways to lower my tolerance other than just waiting? i was thinking about taking a break for a week or so but would they even effect my tolerance at all?

thejudge320,

jklasd

from personal experience, i find that taking a few breaks now and again help with tolerance, but this is going back to the smoking days. ever since ive been vaping, ive had no problems with tolerence. its all based on the person, IMO.

jklasd,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
eat a RIPE mango 30 minutes before you vaporize...you WILL get higher...but this WILL make your tolerance go up up up the more you do it.

Good things wait for people who are patient

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

Changing strains keeps your receptors guessing. After weeks or months of the same strain your brain knows what to expect and will try to balance your chemistry. Throwing your receptors a curve ball can be just as effective as abstinence and a helluva lot more fun. :cool:

Purple-Days,

thejudge320

yeah i haven't really stuck with 1 strain for a while though i haven't taken any kind of a break in quite a while so i think i'll take a little break and then try out that mango thing.

thejudge320,

joesalamon

I thought my tolerance had peaked and I was going to have to take a break, got my E and you can say goodbye to that. Ever since I got it, I always feel like I get back up n high. If I combust a little though I get pretty high from it, but I cough a lung up.

I would recommend lowering your intake slowly by the day for a few days, just pack smaller bowls then you would normally. Do that for a few days, then dont vape for a day or two and your tolerance will be good for a while again. When I see my intake is getting to be a lot, I use my hitter for a few days. It gets the job done from just 2 hits from it if im smoking 4 bowls from the E or not. Just try to change it up as much as possible as mentioned. I also noticed that if I vape before I combust, the combustion has very little effect if any at all. So another thing I guess I could mention if your up for combustion is combust a little, then take out the vape, you will notice the difference and BAM, a little more high.

Hope that helps, Im all over the place with my posts.... haha

joesalamon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Taking a break from vapping / smoking will definitly lower your tolerance. I've gone from a 20 year everyday user to an every now and then toker with days, even weeks between sessions and whenever I do partake I get high as fuck from very little product. Had a couple of weeks lately where I drifted back to my old ways and I didn't enjoy the amount required to get to where I wanted to be and the fuzz-overs the next day.

Its going to get tough soon because the outdoor session is about to hit full swing and 'gift' buds will be landing in my lap ... and when I got it I gotta toke it!!! I wont be purchasing any large quantities in the near future because the lower tolerance highs are just so goddam nice! Take a big vap hit after a few days off and the mind coz farken mad. Nice!!!

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
in my experience, even a 24 or 48 hour break will do a lot for tolerance, but even beyond that, my tolerancegoes down if i just make a concious effort to use less

i am, as my friends put it, a conserver. i try to make my bud go as far as i can because right now i cant afford to buy a lot. part of my conservation strategy is little 24 and 48 hour tolerance braks every couple of weeks, and i will also have weeks that i keep my use to a minimum, which seems to work too. like this week ive been vaping only one pd bowl a day, and my tolerance has been driven to the ground, last night i was so high halfway through a pd bowl that i couldnt even follow the chat

i usualy try to keep my tolerance to a minimum, but some tolerance is helpful, it is kinda nice not to trip every time, but when i find that one pd bowl doesnt get me where i want, i know its time for a break

Acolyte of Zinglon,

MileHigh

Has anyone with a high tolerance actually tried taking a break and had it work? Lots of people on these boards claim you can quit for a couple of weeks or w/e and then get really high again, but I completely disagree based on personal experience. I didn't smoke/vape/anything for over a year, and when I did again I MAYBE got higher than before one or two times, but then it was completely back to normal.

I think the only thing that actually might work would be a permanent stoppage of frequent smoking, cutting back to a couple times a month for many years. But even then, I don't know.

It seems like anybody who says this works probably had a relatively low tolerance to begin with, but I only know of two people who have definitely tried it including myself, and it didn't work for either of us.

MileHigh,

lwien

MileHigh said:
Has anyone with a high tolerance actually tried taking a break and had it work? Lots of people on these boards claim you can quit for a couple of weeks or w/e and then get really high again, but I completely disagree based on personal experience.
Yeah, but going on a break for a bit sure does help me dream again, which actually, can be kinda fun. :/
REM rebound.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I notice when I take tolerance breaks (which isnt often I would rather have a high tolerance and no headaches from glaucoma) that when I go back too herb I will get really high for a few times, but it does not take long for my tolerance too go back up.
For me too effectively feel the break I would have too take a much longer one, let the THC levels in my body drop too almost zero.
I think for me at least, it is the fact I have a high amount of THC stored in my body... so it doesn't take long for my levels too get bumped right back too where they were if I take a break.
(I actually had fun a few weeks back testing various drug testing kits... I had one that was supposed too measure your levels, it couldn't measure mine... maxed it out.)

One thing I do like too do too counter my tolerance is too make sure all my bowls are a salad. More than one strain per bowl seems too cause me too slow down my tolerance build up for specific strains.
I also tend too follow up a bowl of grade with a bowl of shwag. That small bowl of crap weed gives me enough different strain too make the high stronger.

DevoTheStrange,

fail

DevoTheStrange said:
I notice when I take tolerance breaks (which isnt often I would rather have a high tolerance and no headaches from glaucoma) that when I go back too herb I will get really high for a few times, but it does not take long for my tolerance too go back up...
For Glaucoma research into Acetyl-L-carnitine and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid

fail,
Top Bottom