Tolerance breaks more managable with vapor?

Kommyknocker

I haphazardly tacked this statement/question onto another post but in hindsight probably get more 'airtime' here.
So yeah anyone else notice this? I've been smoking Cheeba on and off since I was 12(I know tut tut) so a good 15 or so years and in that time there were many tolerance breaks, some by choice and but most forced by absence of product.
Longest break was by choice and was two years. Second one was exactly to the year.
Anyway, my main point was I find it stupidly easy to tbreak since starting to vape over combustion.. and that's with a bunch of product sitting there waiting for me, about an oz. With smoking I would get all the symptoms, finding it hard to sleep, crankiness, loss of appitite and just generally off keel and not 'happy' but with vaporization I find I get zero withdrawal, none!
I'm gonna assume this is down to the more toxic elements of the product no longer playing any part in my consumption. Just another benefit I guess. Who else find this?

Kommyknocker,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations KommyKnocker,

...I would get all the symptoms, finding it hard to sleep... Who else find this?

To me combustion has been a thing of the past for many years now (e.g. definitely) and i must point out i've also quit hashish consumption in the process. I think it's all about a compound situation where tolerance build up is one major key element and a toxic combustion kick simply worsens that significantly. Today i envy young persons who are going to get a real chance to develop some healtier relationship with cannabis through vaporisation - somewhat in the same way as with alcohol, i imagine!...

105.gif

In any case, abstinence does sound familiar, brief or long, always.

Another key element relatively to being "hooked" would be about how well balanced one's favourite substance happens to be, i believe. I'm slowly learning to appreciate dame Jeane in its natural state(s), by putting dried leaves in my HA crucible, for example. If you ask me i'd submit the idea that the actual addiction mechanism involves duration and magnitude: 14 grams of resinous buds will last me 10 days or so and cause me to experience a number of couch-locks near the end, before my jar gets empty... Dried leaves allow me to remain relatively more functional in comparison (until their influence wears out and make me prefer nice/smelly resinous buds, that is)!!

:whip:

Anyway, if one has failed to find his middle comfort zone for decades then perhaps this individual's example can't help much with the subject you've raised: does vaporisation render breaks more manageable? Hummm... Personally, i'd reply that i'm not done riding my roller coaster just yet (and i seriously doubt i can change because it's simply too late for an old goat such as me, quite likely)...

I may never succeed to acquire the level of self-control which i feel will be accessible to new generations but there's hope ahead. It's only a matter of time before we hear of studies on this particular matter; time works for us in the long run, someday the pesky anti-cannabic warrior lies will end and we'll finally find out!

My bet is that this underground vaporist culture of ours is going to benefit everyone in the future, with part of the adiction aspect gone for the best, hopefully...

:peace:

HyDroid

Riding on a cloud...
It has been suggested here that the high from smoking includes an adrenaline rush. I would support this position; when I smoke, my lungs burn in a different way than when vaping, and I've always held that this burn 'activated' the high and made it more intense. Pain followed by intensity: adrenaline is plausible.

If this is the case, then withdrawal from smoking includes not only cannabis withdrawal but also a certain level of adrenaline withdrawal; this would imply perhaps side effects similar to caffeine withdrawal...

With smoking I would get all the symptoms, finding it hard to sleep, crankiness, loss of appitite and just generally off keel and not 'happy'

Dunno, but it sounds plausible to me...

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I myself find expectation is bound up with mitigating withdrawal - light at the end of the tunnel.

But, I also find I only take three pulls on my whip, where I used to do two healthy bong hits...that's a huge difference in quantity, and tolerance, and thus withdrawal. That being said, I used to have heavy withdrawal symptoms every week when I'd do a one-day t-break, and it was so much worse when I couldn't buy.

BTW, I'm down to once a week, and had no noticable withdrawal, not even lack of sleep, during the first few weeks of this as I tapered-off; I just kept telling myself tomorrow - maybe (now, part of that was really tapering-off, part was setting expectations).

The best t-breaks are the ones you don't experience negatively - meaning stretching things out to counter t-break withdrawal instead of stopping all at once. Someone posted something about that and it's stuck in my mind ever since - fewer sessions, less quantity, instead of stopping.

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I found out that is really good to take 1-2 days off per weak or how I call them drink days :cheers: Just go out drink some beers with friends and forget all about weed and enjoy one epic high the very next morning with a good breakfast and some sun!!

BaMbAaAChA,
Top Bottom