Gear Tochi Torch

lazylathe

Almost there...
https://tochitorch.com/

Anyone seen or heard anything about this device?
Used for heating up your banger/bucket using a hot air stream.
Apparently takes 30 to 120 seconds to heat up the banger.
Price seems a bit expensive at $499.

ev85mx.jpg

2psf57n.jpg

2vmhonr.jpg

lazylathe,
Reactions: shredder

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO it is an expensive item that really does not solve a problem for me. I don't think I'd give up an outlet in my workshop for that... especially at a ridiculous $500.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
No replies yet..
Will send a few follow up emails to try and get an answer!

lazylathe,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No replies yet..
Will send a few follow up emails to try and get an answer!

Its basically the same concept as a heat gun. I remember them saying something along the lines of the advantages of this over a regular heat gun is you can use it hands free, and you also dont have to worry about burning yourself or your table/floors etc as well as knocking it over... is that worth an extra $400 :hmm:

Mynameismud,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
Its basically the same concept as a heat gun. I remember them saying something along the lines of the advantages of this over a regular heat gun is you can use it hands free, and you also dont have to worry about burning yourself or your table/floors etc as well as knocking it over... is that worth an extra $400 :hmm:

Still zero replies....
I do not expect a reply from them either as it has been a few weeks now and I have sent a few emails.
Great customer service!!! Lmao!

lazylathe,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Still zero replies....
I do not expect a reply from them either as it has been a few weeks now and I have sent a few emails.
Great customer service!!! Lmao!

Its a one man operation, and hes a full time glassblower, id give him some slack

Mynameismud,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Still needs to be able to run both businesses if he wants to be successful...
Almost at a month now with no replies.
How long should a quick reply take?
They have a phone number listed on their website, you could always try that

Mynameismud,

Traveler

It would seem to me that, while not as aesthetically pleasing, a couple coat hangers folded just so would provide a hands free option for the heatgun for slightly under $400....just slightly

Traveler,
Top Bottom