• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tobacco vaporization in a vaporisation pipe. How to vape tobacco

nickyd

A good internet friend of mine emailed me this useful information on tobacco vaporisation and gave me permission to distribute the info. So here goes :)

I went through a long period of trial and error when switching to vaporization of tobacco. I smoked around 20-30 medium strength cigarettes a day and for me, it was as much about ritual and throat sensation as it was the nicotine addiction.

If I take a cigarette, and cut about 0.75cm off it and then empty that much tobacco into the vaporizer, that is about how much I am using. If I take too much I get hiccups from the nicotine and feel that I have overdosed. It can make me a little dizzy/headache too. I read somewhere that 95% of what is in a cigarette or pipe is lost during combustion, maybe I am using more nicotine now than when I smoked. Not sure to be honest but it satisfies and I have become used to how much I need. A little more first thing in the morning for sure for that early craving. But I do seem to be craving much les than when I smoked. I also suspect that the 'headrush' from smoking is in fact the carbon monoxide as I have never had that from a vaporizer.

There is a massive difference between tobaccos, for instance American Spirit hand rolling tobacco is very acidic. It has 37% free base nicotine so it is much easier to have too much of that than say, Golden Virginia which is much milder. I made the choice to use a very small amount of high freebase nicotine tobacco rather than a larger amount of weaker stuff. However the weaker ones are kinder on the throat. I often now mix my tobacco with other herbs. Mint, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, that sort of thing. It lengthens the session and provides a mellower and flavourful experience that is easier on the throat. I have started sometimes to use only Passion Flower and have no tobacco and one day I might switch completely to legal aromatherapy herbs for pleasure rather than to feed my tobacco addiction. Pipe tobaccos are also well worth exploring - Condor ready-rubbed is excellent but has a funny soapy taste you love or hate. They are cut less fine so take longer to vaporize. You can also look into adding a drop or two of tasty puff onto the tobacco which provides more visible vapour, crazy flavour and a longer session.

For the ultimate long lasting and enjoyable session, shisha tobacco is the way to go. Massive flavour and visible clouds of vapour, but most vaporizers cannot use it as it is so wet. I have never seen the Vapir Oxygen in the flesh but have often looked at it. Seems like a very nice device. If you want to try molasses you could try making the little foil crucibles I show in my iolite guide. That stops the juices from dripping.

:

Hope that is useful

:)

nickyd,

reece

Great post. I don't do the tobacco thing but I know people that may be interested in this info.

Where is your Iolite guide?

reece,
Top Bottom