To my friends in California... Prop19 Discussion

Budz Bunny

If you are a California registered voter, please, please go and vote for Prop. 19 next Tuesday. No excuses! The eyes of the rest if the U.S. and for that matter the rest of the world will be on you. Don't let us down. You are an inspiration to the rest of us. Tell your friends to go vote, let them know how important this bill is to so many people.

Good luck next week guys!

Budz Bunny,

Raf007

Retailer
Go Cali Go !!

Big hope here... even from a France pt of view !!

This might be a first step for humanity...

Raf007,

collegerower

I think that it's just too close to call. Should be interesting to see if it passes. :/

collegerower,

lwien

California is not as liberal as most make it out to be. Once you get away from the coast, things can get quite conservative. I wonder why that is. It's almost like the ocean affects your psyche.

You're right, CG. It's going to be a close call.

lwien,

Budz Bunny

lwien said:
California is not as liberal as most make it out to be.

I agree, but i believe that people are waking up on both sides of the isle. I really believe people are starting to open their eyes to the crap that the government has fed us over the years about MJ. The internet allows people to research for themselves and make better educated decisions.

All hail the internet, liberator to the MJ masses!

Thanks everyone for voting!!!

Budz Bunny,

lwien

The problem is, is that most people that will vote against prop 19 would rather be spoon fed from Fox News than attempt to find out information on the internet.

Of course, THAT statement comes from a socially liberal viewpoint. ;)

Ok, where did I put that half used stem.......... :ko:

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I'm nervous for the outcome but still very excited at the same time. All the election mean a lot on the 2nd, and this is just another level of importance.

aesthyrian,

Budz Bunny

I read an interesting article today that made some good points:

However, a mixed bag of current polling shows support declining somewhat over the last few months. FiveThirtyEight,com has pointed out that when receiving an automatic phone poll (a.k.a. a "robocall"), support is at its highest. When a live operator asks the questions, people clam up. They don't want to admit to a stranger on the line that they are in favor legalizing marijuana.

But the biggest harm reducer is the vaporizer. You might even call it the equalizer. No flame is necessary for these space-aged looking contraptions. A heating device vaporizes marijuana rather than combusts it, preventing the creation of tar and carbon monoxide. Medical patients swear by vaporizers, and so do more and more daily smokers.

This was probably one of the most well-researched summary of the current situation that I have read in a while.

Full article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-bloom/legalization-or-bust-a-br_b_775684.html

Budz Bunny,

reloader

Very interesting article Budz Bunny. I used to live in Ca, but if I was there now I sure would be voting for it. It will be a huge step towards national legalization, and it will be so interesting to see how the new law would play out with the Feds. I agree with the point in the article about people not admitting they favor any form of legalization of marijuana, because if you say your in favor of it, people instantly think you may use it as well.

reloader,

TyPalmer

Ty Palmer
I hope you enjoy our Video of Green Hit Shirts visiting the International Cannabis and Hemp Expo, Fall 2010, and gathering opinions about Prop 19 from a diverse group of cannabis industry participants. Thank you for watching. Cheers!

http://bit.ly/Pulse19

TyPalmer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
it seems that i at one point shared the opinion of the person who wrongly stated that prop 19 would result in the release of those currently incarcerated for marijuana related offences.
which is false.

OO,

2clicker

Observer
i see the pharm co.s being a huge problem in our fight

they surely dont want us growing our own medicines

may the force be with you california and let today be the day that truth prevails... even if its just a little bit

2clicker,

lwien

2clicker said:

may the force be with you california and let today be the day that truth prevails... even if its just a little bit

Liquor and Beer companies as well.

Just keep us in your thoughts. Polls are running against it but not by much.

lwien,

2clicker

Observer
lwien said:
2clicker said:

Liquor and Beer companies as well.

Just keep us in your thoughts. Polls are running against it but not by much.

dont worry brother. our whole culture is is thinkin about Cali today.

truthiness... i has it

2clicker,

DrMephisto

Yup, hoping for this to pass. Watershed moment for the culture, but I've heard it's getting a lot of opposition from growers, from purely an economic point of view. Legality would mean scale economics take hold and it becomes less profitable for small-scale grow-ops. Sad.

But for the rest of us in the US, C'mon! Baby steps away from prohibition!

edit: Just found this article. Explains it well. Think it still makes me more for it.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39914211/ns/business-bloomberg_businessweek/

DrMephisto,

stinkmeaner

DrMephisto said:
Yup, hoping for this to pass. Watershed moment for the culture, but I've heard it's getting a lot of opposition from growers, from purely an economic point of view. Legality would mean scale economics take hold and it becomes less profitable for small-scale grow-ops. Sad.
The growers can oppose all they want, there are not nearly enough growers in California to make a sizable dent in the election. They cater to a different area anyways, even if weed is legalized there will still be blackmarket sales and the retail locations are still going to need someone to grow their cannabis.

I think many will still buy on the black market since it is safe to assume that the vast majority of everyday people will be too lazy to grow it so they will opt to buy instead, and given the Governments reputation with inflating or overvaluing drug prices, the prices of legally purchased cannabis will be so high that many will still probably buy on the black market for less money and taxes.

I can see alcohol companies being against the legalization of cannabis but it could actually benefit cigarette companies and here is why:
To start, it is common knowledge that smoking is not exactly as cool as it once was due to the smell and increases awareness of the health risks, so much so that less and less of the younger generations are becoming lifetime smokers. If the Prop 19 passes and people once again turn to smoking (Weed) then the stigma many have about smoking in general might be relaxed a little and people that might not have tried a cigarette, might try smoking because they tried smoking a joint and liked it, therefore relaxed their outlook, they might say: "Well, joints aren't so bad, maybe a cigarette might be nice also"
It might work similar to Candy Cigarettes once did for children, it basically gets them used to the action of smoking and holds it in a different light.

This could also be an opportunity to focus their overwhelmingly huge production capabilities on marijuana, next thing you know we have Marboro "Greens" instead of "Reds"

stinkmeaner,

OO

Technical Skeptical
if you believe the worst potumentary "how weed won the west" than you would believe that philip morris already owns alot of land in the trinity area.

OO,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Actually, from what I have read I believe Camal (it may be Marboro) has the first patent on a pack of marijuana cigarrettes and I do believe they are calling them "Greens". I know big tobacco is already on the prowl.

Tonight will be very interesting...I voted on it today and it was a trip seeing it on the ballet. I am young so I know that for some of the older folks its probably much more satisfying. I am just really excited that I will be in the small group of people that voted to legalize MJ...win or lose.

finchrock24,
Top Bottom