• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Titaniuum safety (moved from Source Orb Pen Vape)

FlimsyKnuckle

Oh, and I wanted to address the safety of Source attys.

Basically, Reddit exploded when it came to light that Source was using a titanium alloy for their wires rather than grade 2 titanium which they claimed to use and grade 2 was supposedly medical grade.

So... the solder used to connect titanium alloy to the other wires is likely to contain lead, and lead filled connections on a heated inhaler device is not a product that instills confidence that you would be safe breathing it all in.

On the plus side, all Orb 3 attys are made differently, just the Orb 2 attys contained this solder. Also, it is not certain that solder contained lead, just more likely than not.

For now, it seems the only safety issues with the new attys is glue used in the Terra's, which may cause some fumes when heated (but relatively low on my list of potential safety hazards when compared to most other vape companies). Also, the new titanium coils directly touch a silicone gasket and while Source claims the temps do not get high enough to cause the silicone to fume or melt and nobody has found evidence of it happening, it is something you may wish to consider if you vape thinking it is supposed to be healthier than combustion. This too, is not something that worries me too much. It is just, well... that titanium coil that gets red hot is touching silicone on a part of the coil that does not get as hot as it does around the wick but still may get hot enough to release some fumes you would rather not inhale in a perfect world.

So... sigh... this is a long post. Sorry.

UPTech does make Orb threaded attys and you can find them at oilvaporizer or w9tech (w9tech's 1701 donuts are rebuildable oilvaporizer's are not) if you are concerned about the safety of Source attys. They also have a kind of cool black ceramic wick system for their dounut attys that some people love... and I have been meaning to try one in a quartz Source Terra to see how the two work together or if it is possible. The way they make their donut attys is a unique design and at the very least, another interesting heating option for all you Orb fans out there.

What have I learned from all this? That it was disappointing to hear Source was using false info to advertise the safety of their products and that they (intentionally or not) were caught doing it. And yet, in spite of this, compared to most popular brands of portable pens, in spite of their questionable practices, they are still among the safest companies out there. Let that sink in... because if Source is one of the safest products out there, this industry still has a long way to go. Wouldn't you prefer to medicate with a medical grade atty and pen? The first company that can properly make and market such a product to meet popular demands will run away with the industry. Right now, the only products made up to these standards seem to be made by companies that can't handle the demands (as there are frequently delays and product shortages).

I mean compared to the plastic micro-g pens I have burned through and my old silica wicked 510 globe style attys, Source is head and shoulders a better constructed product... and it does seem the company wants to improve the safety of their products with each new generation. To do better than Source, you really have to look into smaller, less publicized manufacturers who make products that are far less pleasing to the eye.

Ultimately, I love my Source Orb and I like their attys but when I need to restock, I make sure to check the deals at the other websites too because I question the build quality of their attys just enough to consider my options every time I am looking to resupply. Usually, my decision is based on cost and if I need to get other items from a particular place because that saves on shipping rather than on the quality of Source building materials but it does now play a part in my decision.

Really though, the drama about their product erupted over things they no longer make or sell and their quality has certainly improved since then. It is just that they were advertising a different grade of metal that would not work with solder... and then people found solder when they took theirs apart which confirmed they did not use Grade 2 titanium.

Last edited:
FlimsyKnuckle,
Reactions: poonman

mestizo

It never ceases to amaze me how miss information travels at the speed of light, and the truth always moves at a crawling pace.
I'm a machinist, with a background in heat treating, and metallurgy, and I have posted many times all the false claims about Titanium, what makes it medical grade or not, how titanium can only be welded to titanium, and how Grade 2 is not the only pure one, and definitely not the one used in the medical industry.
I'm guessing the guy who started vaporizing oils on titanium only had grade 2 available, so he went with it.
Let me ask you, what makes Grade 2 superior to Grade 1?
And why can the other two grades considered pure, with the same elements in them are not safe?

FlimsyKnuckle

It never ceases to amaze me how miss information travels at the speed of light, and the truth always moves at a crawling pace.
I'm a machinist, with a background in heat treating, and metallurgy, and I have posted many times all the false claims about Titanium, what makes it medical grade or not, how titanium can only be welded to titanium, and how Grade 2 is not the only pure one, and definitely not the one used in the medical industry.
I'm guessing the guy who started vaporizing oils on titanium only had grade 2 available, so he went with it.
Let me ask you, what makes Grade 2 superior to Grade 1?
And why can the other two grades considered pure, with the same elements in them are not safe?

On paper, grade 1 looks like purer titanium than grade 2, I don't personally know why grade 2 is preferred. You may be right that it just was what someone had in stock at some point in time. I imagine there is a better reason than that though, if grade 2 can be called medical grade titanium, there must be a reason... but I do not know all the details nor will I pretend I do.

I pointed out in my last post that the glue and silicone could be letting off fumes if heated with say, a titanium coil. To my knowledge, most titanium is relatively safe from letting off its own fumes (titanium dioxide?) at the temps run in attys. We don't know for sure if any of those fumes are harmful but we do know heat creates fumes, after all, we are intentionally creating THC vapor with these devices.

As for the grade of titanium, I see little potential safety risk from the titanium itself at the heats achieved in an atty, but rather, the risk I see comes from the titanium heating non-metal parts of an atty and those health effects are just not yet known. I find it amazing that people vape for their health, and they are vaping medicine... but the build quality of the equipment we use is not yet on par with the quality of the product we like to vape within it. I mean people pay a premium buying CO2 extracts instead of BHO... then they light it all up with a butane torch. What do they think the, "B" in BHO stands for?

Why can't other grades of titanium be considered as pure? Because impurities (and the types of metal in those impurities) determine the grade of titanium. There are literally less pure titaniums out there than the higher grades. Titanium alloy, which was in fact used, is not remotely pure since by definition an alloy is an intentional mixture of different materials (or an accidental attempt at graded titanium that didn't quite meet specs). Alloys are typically used to get similar results at a reduced cost or in fancy race cars and fighter planes, alloys may be used to take advantage of the benefits of more than one metal in a single part (like some of the added strength of titanium mixed with some of the weight reduction of aluminum). Since it was a titanium alloy, I assume that means titanium was the main metal used in the alloy, but since it was an alloy, far more non-titanium material was used than advertised and we all know what solder tends to contain... whatever else the alloy contained, I do not know. Also, for practical purposes, if you know what metal you have, it paves the way to temp control on box mods which is where this technology is heading. You're the machinist. Why are you asking me this?

But when they advertise based on the use of medical grade titanium they are selling you a product based on its being healthier than other products. To find out they were using a different type of metal entirely that could be and was being soldered together, when grade 2 titanium would have to be soldered at a premium cost in my understanding (with even more questionable materials) is unfortunate. They were literally marketing the health of their materials (not me) and were caught using sub par materials that directly effected the trustworthiness of their health claims. Had they never claimed to use grade 2, I would likely still have bought an Orb since that was not the main selling point for my particular purchase. But I found this thread here after reading all the Source drama over at Reddit and figured I would summarize what the whole controversy was about over there since this thread had some misinformation a couple pages back concerning the whole ordeal.

We are both amazed by misinformation and I was trying to quell some of it with my prior post. You then tried to quell some of the misinformation I may have accidentally spread by making my own post. That is great. It is how forums should work. We use each other's posts to build towards factual truth and I am happy to have you checking my work.

Basically, Source is still a better built product than at least a good 95% of the pens out there but they got caught misinforming their customers about the quality of their components which could have been accidental/unintentional as far as I know... I mean, how often does a web page designer in America talk to the manufacturer in China? And how detailed are those conversations if there is a language barrier? It was just a bit of a betrayal to me, a real fan of my Orb. That doesn't mean I am going back to my plastic flavored micro-g pen any time soon.

Full disclosure, I still smoke cigarettes, so I am not a holier-than-thou health snob when it comes to what I inhale. Also, I am not a doctor or a manufacturer so what I say about the health risks of these devices is based solely on what I have pieced together from online discussions and some basic google searches.

As controversies go, this was more mole hill than the mountain people on Reddit made it out to be but, IMO, it is still info worth considering.

Last edited:

mestizo

There isn't 100% pure titanium available for purchase.
Because of the minuscule amount of impurities in them, only grades 1,2,3 and 4 are considered CP ( commercially pure )
Grade 5,which has aluminum and Vanadium is the one most often used in the medical industry, for its strength.
Do a google search and you will see that even the pure ones have impurities in them at different percentages, that's what separate them from grades 1-4.

FlimsyKnuckle

There isn't 100% pure titanium available for purchase.
Because of the minuscule amount of impurities in them, only grades 1,2,3 and 4 are considered CP ( commercially pure )
Grade 5,which has aluminum and Vanadium is the one most often used in the medical industry, for its strength.
Do a google search and you will see that even the pure ones have impurities in them at different percentages, that's what separate them from grades 1-4.

I already know all this and have not claimed otherwise.

There is no 100% pure grade of manufactured titanium that I know of. There are always irregularities, and the kinds of impurities along with their amounts determine the grade of the metal. Even those amounts allow for variance since making metal is like making soup, or even compounded medicine. Every batch will be slightly different no matter what you try to do in order to make them identical. You may get a few extra drops of aluminum one time or your equipment just cooked at a few degrees hotter or cooler allowing for more or less bonding and thus changing the ultimate percentage of impurities in the final product.

As for the medical grading for coils, I believe it may have to do in part with the heat produced and any vapor that may come from the titanium itself or from any of the impurities at higher temps... so grade 2 could be safer at 500 degrees and grade 5 is plenty safe and even stronger than grade 2 at room temp... or something... or I may have fallen victim to some marketing BS somewhere along the line which is always possible.

I am mainly reporting back what I saw on Reddit, and why there was a backlash over there against Source... but that forum is almost obnoxiously health conscious and the members overwhelmingly suggest products made by a different company that prides itself in materials used and build quality.

Also, I find it funny that the easiest way to obtain marijuana legally is through medical prescription and shops... but the way we vape it is still as potentially unsafe as a black market drug deal done in a WalMart parking lot. Wouldn't it be nice if we had more, safer options? The technology is there but manufacturers keep cutting corners to reduce costs that people would happily pay for a safer product. If people will pay $120 for a Source kit, then they will probably pay $125 for one that does not run the risk of melting parts near your mouthpiece. Stoners are the type of idiots who will shop at Whole Foods and pay a premium for an organic mouthwash, you know?

Last edited:

mestizo

Any grade from 1-4 is safe in my book, and no one will be able to tell the difference in performance, grade 5 on the other hand will be unhealthy at vamping temperatures because of the vanadium in it, you were informed correctly.
Where I disagree with a lot of grade 2 fans is in the belief that it is superior over the other CP's.
But enough of that, I hope I didn't derailed this thread already.

FlimsyKnuckle

Vaping is a pretty unregulated industry right now.

I mean Source used solder filled with toxic, easy-to-melt-at-low-heat, heavy metals... and they used this solder in order to connect their coils to their power supply. The coils are the hottest part of an atty. so we had beads of solder millimeters away from 500 degree temps.

We don't need to be machinists to run THAT math.

AND at the time, Source was still making one of the best atomizers on the market. I have ripped apart my share of attys over the years from many companies... both for wax and e-cigs. Let me tell you, Source makes and made some of the best when it comes to build quality and safety... even with the lead solder connecting the voltage directly to the heat.

We don't tend to think about that stuff with new technology because we all are in our own way, romantacizing the idea of vape pens and we get caught up in the wave of new vape technology... and we love the idea of it so much, we ignore some pretty crappy internal design flaws. If anything, this vape pen hobby has taught me that pens and attys are relatively simple mechanisms that a layman can understand and critique. That is empowering.

It has been awesome watching this industry emerge and grow these last few years but now it is becoming obvious the industry almost unanimously wanted to get cheap, working products out first, while consumers bought them for health and stealth reasons. But now... now that the luster of this new technology is wearing off, would you really rather have a four coil, Orb XL Quartz atty before you have a three coil one that is built in a way that keeps the meltable components far away from and unconnected to the parts that are made to intentionally heat, melt and vaporize things?

Reddit is a bit of a one trick pony, but they have a voice in this industry and hopefully companies will listen to them. I love w9tech's philosophy but their products are fugly... sorry. Part of the reason I buy new pieces is I like how they look. I am sure this harkens back to my younger days when the friend with the nicest looking bong just seemed extra cool because of that awesome glass...

I would love more companies to make better products because I like having more options. If the whole point of wax pens is they are more discrete and less combustible than a pipe or a joint, well, I think they are discrete enough now... these companies should really start putting a lot more of their focus into not combusting anything within the unit and only vaporizing your concentrate during regular use, rather than their own components.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't think the thread is derailed. I also think the Reddit W9 fanboys are a little over the top, but I'm all for extra industry policing as opposed to less--can't hurt for the most part.

Our rule is:
  • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I mean Source used solder filled with toxic, easy-to-melt-at-low-heat, heavy metals...

I have strictly no idea what product you are talking about, but if it's sold on the European market then it has to be RoHS compliant. This means that if they indeed had to use solder then it must be a lead-free formulation. Period.

poonman

Thank you @pakalolo ,

@FlimsyKnuckle ,
Excellent posts .

I totally agree with new regulations/laws to monitor the
cannabis and vaping industries for better consumer protection .
And with the changes we are seeing in N.America , we may
just get that .

I've stated in the orb thread , that I only used their terras
and no more coiled attys from any pen vapes . Only because of
the metallic taste you get when finishing your hits which can't be
avoided . Even the good tasting hits at the beginning is probably
just masked/disguised by the concentrates initially .

Yes , I do find that we patrons are just beta testers for some
of these pen vape/e-cig manufacturers . Rolling out these new
upgrades as test proven elixirs .

But back to coil-less attys .
There was " Glue " found in their terras !!!
That is a major concern ! Can you take apart a
terra and post the pic showing where they thought
there was glue ? and how it is heated ?

I've never really had a bad taste/hit with the terras .
No induced coughing from something foreign entering my
lungs . But one can't detect Carbon Monoxide either ...

I may want to try their Quartz-coiled attys tho , if it's
only quartz material wrapped and no metals .

lastly ,
Have you looked into the donut attys by Devine Tribe ?
and what's your thoughts on them ?

edit ;
people are adding box mods such as e-leaf 40 W , wouldn't
that play a factor into the temp heatings of these Ti ?

FlimsyKnuckle

Sorry these posts had to get moved. My bad. I was just replying to other posts in that thread about the same issues so it seemed like the best place to have this discussion. Although why we can't talk about a model's safety in a model thread is beyond me. But thanks for keeping this going. It is an interesting discussion. Again, sorry I got confused.

I am afraid we won't have better regulation until prohibition is lifted nation wide on medical cannibus use since like Hippie Dickie mentioned, most if not all of these are built overseas. I can't name an American manufacturer off the top of my head, just some American designers that outsource their manufacturing (but you can still use quality parts when you have a Chineese shop build your product, it just costs more and you may want to independently test your product to make sure the components you wanted were the ones that really got used). I may be wrong there.

I don't have an extra Terra to pull apart but once I get a new shipment I will tear the next one that breaks down... if I remember. It seems like the glue was just below the donut and the ceramic skillet the donut rests above, and I have heard Divine Tribe does the same with theirs but I also hear they are working on a glue free version for their next release. Like I said before, it is not a big deal in my book but it is a concern to some. I too have never tasted anything but terpy goodness from a donut atty unless it is building up some reclaim. Right now, I think Divine Tribe is on par with Source, currently making one of the safest products out there, but it still isn't perfect... and being one of the safest is far from safe in this industry as it currently stands. If anything, the size and ceramic construction in a DT atty may radiate heat far better than a Source, thus reducing chance of fumes developing and perhaps even preserving some of your product for future hits that would be more likely to end up as reclaim on the inside walls of an Orb.

I too think coils are more sketchy than donuts probably because they remind me of the old silica wick days... but I use them when I am out of Terras, like right now. As attys go, I trust inhaling from donut attys way more than coiled ones. To me, exposed coils will always increase the risk of combusting what you would rather vaporize. Coils make me cough more. If I wanted to cough, I would burn flower.

I love/hate the Quartz attys. They hit hard and taste great... but since I prefer a light hit from a Terra, a hard Quartz coil hit is sure to really get me coughing. They are not great for stealth because of this. Also, quartz is not porous like ceramic, so it doesn't work like a wick... ceramic does wick and hold some wax. That isn't the greatest for flavor but it does typically get you a few more light hits each time you load (which makes you feel like you are being more efficient with your product, and don't have to load as often) and it has a lower risk of splatter. That said, only a fool would say quartz tastes worse than ceramic. Also, if you like a hard hit, a hit closer to one from a rig and nail, a brand new quartz atty is currently your best bet. I will break out a quartz coil when I want to get BAKED and park on the couch whilst watching a bad action movie.

Hehehe... I got myself caught it a discussion about metal grades, then about how attys work and now I am going to talk about how box mods work. For the record, I am not a metallurgist nor am I an electrician so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. I am doing the best I can.

As for a box mod, they are more complex than say, an ego twist, but they aren't rocket science... people don't typically use a box mod to burn at higher temps... they still typically hit within the rough voltage range they would on an ego a box mod just had a stronger battery... but alas, a box mod has a couple new buttons, so there is more room for user error and almost anyone will burn through a couple attys within a few days of getting such a mod before they learn where to set and forget it for their particular tastes (we just can't resist raising the wattage on our brand new toy at first... and a typical mod will run way more wattage than an atty would ever need, if you let it). But man, they are great for Terras, which just barely get going on an ego battery whilst egos running Terra attys drain faster than any other popular atty could drain them. A Terra on a box mod really finds that sweet zone, finally producing enough vapor to satisfy my lungs... full of that lung expanding THC feeling that Terras tend to lack on a simple ego twist. Terras need a bit more juice to get up to vaping temperatures in spite of their lower running temps. Unlike a coil and rod, where the coil may be in direct contact with your product, a donut has the heating element encased in ceramic, so it has to heat and radiate through the disc first and then the disc itself heats and vaporizes your product. It just takes more energy to make a wire heat through a ceramic disc so the ceramic can vaporize your wax than it takes to heat a coil that then just vaporizes your wax. Donuts are more complex, and your electricity has to heat more things and surface area before it finally vaporizes your product. This is why donuts need more energy to ultimately heat at lower, tastier temps than coils... and why it may take a second or two longer to see and taste vapor.

The main thing I really like most about a box mod is its stealth factor. Even people who frequently use pens are intimidated by box mods, so people don't even think to ask to use yours and try it if they see you break one out. There is something about a box mod that implies you are an expert at vaping and that somehow keeps people from wanting to try yours out. They are afraid they might break it or something. It is just more intimidating to look at or even learn about than something shaped like a pen.

I think a box mod basically can provide more juice to an atty than a properly functioning ego style battery could. That electric juice can do two things to a properly working atty, the main one being it heats an atty up. If you turn up the wattage, that will make the atty heat up more quickly. Some attys (like Terras for example) may crack if heated or cooled too quickly, just like putting a boiled hot ceramic dish in ice water... so the longer heating time serves a second purpose, it protects your donut from cracking... you are always going to get a lighter, more flavorful hit on a Terra, compared to a coiled atty since a coiled atty's coils can heat up a bit faster without the added resistance from the ceramic disc itself and the risk of breaking a ceramic coating if the wattage is turned up too high... so you can heat it up faster with its exposed coils and you don't have to hold the button for as long before you start getting vape to your lungs compared to a donut.

The other thing a box mod can do is get an atty hotter than an ego battery... but too much heat leads to combustion and more wattage does not exactly equal more heat (even though heat is a byproduct of wattage) because it still takes a continuous press for several seconds worth of time before the atty gets all the way up to heat, and most of us will let go of the power once we feel vape hitting our lungs and only press it again once the vape thins out then we repeat this process until we get our desired hit. Most of us naturally shy away from extreme high heat because the vapor is quite simply, not as nice, so we use the variable wattage more for bringing the coils up to heat as fast or slow as we like it. I run at fairly low wattage so I don't accidentally take a huge hit if I am not paying my fullest attention.

Attys work very much like little tiny stove top burners. A stove top burner only wants (if objects want things) to run at the maximum heat its power supply can allow or to not run at all, and when we turn the dial down to a lower heat setting, the burner itself cycles between off and on to roughly maintain the desired heat. Temp control (TC) is quite popular now in e-cigs and it is just starting to catch on in the wax pen industry... and temp control just basically turns the power off and on at a rate that maintains the desired temperature without you needing to keep pressing and releasing the button yourself. With TC, and depending on your atty, you could perhaps run at a slightly higher wattage to start producing vapor quicker, while keeping maximum temps safely below combustion without fear of user error... once we get some good, reliable and affordable TC wax pens, we will be able to pass our mods around a circle of friends without having to teach and/or babysit each one to make sure they do it right.

To continue the stove top burner analogy, a donut atty is more like putting a cast iron Dutch oven on a red hot burner and trying to saute an onion in it. The burner has to heat the Dutch oven before the pot can get your onion sizzling. A coil atty is kind of like cooking your onion on the red hot burner itself. It is simpler and requires less energy, but it can burn easier and just doesn't seem well... as civilized.

I hope all that makes sense and that perhaps someone else will chime in if I got anything wrong. I LOVE this discussion but I am left playing an expert on topics I really am just figuring out myself.

TLDR: I like Terras and Divine Tribe looks great (I have to order one, it would look perfect on my white box mod) and I don't worry much about a little dab of glue but hopefully the next generation will be glue free. On the plus side, people used to huff glue for the same reasons they smoked marijuana recreationally, so in the meantime, perhaps we can get an extra kick from it. :p

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

Will have to check out Divine Tribe. May try a few attys from w9tech as well. I assume they're compatible with my various source gear?

FlimsyKnuckle

It depends on which ones you order. They have attys for 510, 601 and Orb threading.

I think I will go through Divine Tribes for my next order just because they look cool and I like their philosophy and would love to support their endeavors. It just looks fun and interesting.

I know I will eventually get a Hercules from w9 though. Currently UPTech, Divine Tribes and Orb are my favorite designs out there. but I want to try them all to know from experience what works best.

Last edited:
FlimsyKnuckle,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
As for the medical grading for coils, I believe it may have to do in part with the heat produced and any vapor that may come from the titanium itself or from any of the impurities at higher temps... so grade 2 could be safer at 500 degrees and grade 5 is plenty safe and even stronger than grade 2 at room temp... or something... or I may have fallen victim to some marketing BS somewhere along the line which is always possible.

I am mainly reporting back what I saw on Reddit, and why there was a backlash over there against Source... but that forum is almost obnoxiously health conscious and the members overwhelmingly suggest products made by a different company that prides itself in materials used and build quality.

I've always said pretty much what @mestizo posted. The differences in grades 1-4 titanium have to do with the impurities and the different strengths of the metal that result from those impurities. (The grades are not done for medical reasons, they are defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials). The main "impurity" introduced during titanium manufacture (deliberately) is oxygen, increased amounts of these impurities (in metallurgy these other accidental impurities such as hydrogen and carbon are referred to as "interstitial elements") create a less ductile metal with a higher tensile and yield strength. (Out of the four commercially pure grades, Grade 1 titanium is "softest" and contains the least oxygen, while Grade 4 has the most oxygen, least ductility, and greatest strength.)

fTqabOp.jpg

http://www.titaniumjoe.com/index.cf...or-grades-1-2-3-4-commercially-pure-titanium/

It is just, well... that titanium coil that gets red hot is touching silicone on a part of the coil that does not get as hot as it does around the wick
And I am sure you understand that titanium conducts heat. In fact, pure titanium conducts heat better quite a bit better than, say, grade 5.

Last edited:

mestizo

great post @SamuraiSam,
Another name given to the different grades of CP Titaniums are A25, A40, A55 and A70, each one corresponding to the Yield Strenght, and those are the names I'm familiar with in the industry I work on.
I prefer Grade 4 (or A70) myself, because it is the strongest of them all.

Spocks_Katra

I personally dont trust Ti and I question whether medical grade encompasses heating to extreme temps.

I consider medical grade to be something like Pins or Metal braces from a surgery, something that wont let off or leech materials into the body, I dont think they considered extremely high temps to the point of glowing red to be medically applicable, or safe.

I have seen plenty of pics/vids of peoples ti nails with very obvious Ti oxides built up on the nail. these oxides are harmful to inhale, and there is also a lot of discussion about this in the vaping (nicotine) community as far as building coils goes

Im sure heating any grade Ti that hot for commercial purposes is fine, but I cant imagine its too great to inhale

just my :2c:

jay87

On the subject of titanium how do you feel about Source's titanium enail? My limited knowledge tells me that titanium tends to be relatively safe in larger pieces as opposed to titanium shavings or dust. Anyone who's more knowledgeable have any thoughts?

I also read that some people were distressed about having teflon near the heating element as well. I'd be interested to see how much heat travels on this enail as i'd assume it'd generate much more heat than a traditional atomizer.

jay87,

Spocks_Katra

Me too. I learned recently that w9 uses Teflon for the body of their atomizers. I don't like that. I think especially with higher temps people need to look toward more INERT materials

Spocks_Katra,
Reactions: KeroZen

FlimsyKnuckle

it is impossible to know right now about their e-nail because it is not released yet and there is limited info out about it. We will have to wait patiently for more info.

I LOVE the idea of it though. Just the price seems about 25% too high.

FlimsyKnuckle,
Top Bottom