Tired of my V-rip and thinking of pulling the trigger on a Volcano

Carbon

I love vaping and try to limit all of my consumption to vaping as much as I can for health reasons.

I currently have the old Vriptech system (Steinel heat gun and all), which I think is great in some ways. It's more efficient than the Volcano and IMO hits harder (but perhaps just differently). The problem is that it's a cumbersome mess to use. Most of my consumption is done socially with at least one other person around, sometimes many more. If I were a solitary toker I'd probably just get the new vaporization heat wand from Vriptech, but I'm not. It would seem a bag system suits my needs more than any other.

My real question then comes to this. Is there any reason not to get a Volcano? I know some of you have issue with the aluminum heating element and the fact that the hot air passes through some of the electronics. I also have seen those complaining that it requires a bit more bud to use properly. Then of course there is the price. Let's just take price out of the equation. This is something I will be investing in and using for years to come. Price is not an object. Is there another bag system that you guys see as being superior to the Volcano or are they just "as good" or "just as good for the price"? Without actually trying a bunch of different ones, all I have is pics and some clips online. Where do I go from here?

I will say that I have used the volcano plenty of times before, so I'm very familiar with it. I ended up vaping the bags through a water pipe just to mellow things out that much more. Once you go to the moisturized air it's tough to go back to straight from the bag (depending on your vapor concentration levels). This seems to address the biggest issue I had with the system personally.

PS: I don't really want to hear about whip systems. The one time I vaped just pure trichomes from a box vape with whip was heavenly, but a whip system does not suit my needs. Though I am open to suggestions about certain products as I am aware some systems can accommodate bags or whips depending on one's mood/needs.

PSS: Sorry for the long post and if this has already been discussed ad nauseam. I've done some searching and read some things on this site today and in the past. This is my intro post. Thankfully you guys seem friendly and helpful whether someone is a veteran or a newbie.

Carbon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Also keep in mind that the Volcano isnt the ONLY bag based vape on the market. :)

You also have the Ion, Oracle, HA and a couple of others if Im not mistaken.
I guess the point is these vapes are also multi-function as well as your tastes might change down the road, or you might like some versatility as well.

Dont forget about the Cloud as well - I know you mentioned loving water filtration.
I would say that the VXC will be to water filtration what the Volcano is to bag filling. (BOTH the leaders of their respective categories)

AGBeer,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I just got a volcano digi. It's amazing. I can see how someone would say that it costs to much but I don't think anyone can deny that it works extremely well.

elmomuzz,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Carbon said:
Let's just take price out of the equation. This is something I will be investing in and using for years to come. Price is not an object.

Great to see someone who shares my philosophy towards the price of a vaporizer. On the other hand, why spend more than you have to?

If you want a bag filler then you really should consider the Zephyr Ion. Although you aren't interested in the whip, the Arizer Extreme Q also fills bags nicely and who knows, you might even start liking its whip. Both of these will save you a few dollars. (Okay, quite a few.)

pakalolo,

Beezleb

Value can be interpreted many different way. My advice is get what you really want if your one to be bothered by not getting it later.

Beezleb,
Have a volcano classic which I bought for about 130 dollars used. It's a great piece, has the build quality of a 1980's BMW (brick shit house) and might just outlive me.

I really don't now if the digit is worth the extra expense, given I think the difference is a glass vaporgenie plus some. I've seen comparisons on youtube and the classic gets up to temperature faster. The digit is supposed to hold temperature more tightly (like +/- 3 or something like that) while the classic is +/- 7 or something like that, this is all from volcano literature from memory. The classic has its temps dialed in - I simply wrote them in on my Volcano next to the numbers the Fahrenheit corresponds to.

Filling bags is awesome, but not the most conservative way to vape. It's like vape condensation ww2. It's the condensation of a whip vape times 20 since every inch of the bag is getting exposed to vapor, and the only whip option is the vapordome, a overpriced and apparently totally shitty peripheral. I love my cano, but would never buy it for the retail price.

I'd go classic and save the bread.

charliedontsurf,

niall

I've done the same, went from a VWT and Steinel to the Digit, but now I'm going back to the VWT and a VHW. The Digit's great, perfect for the type of use you describe and certainly more user friendly and not fragile like the Vriptech gear.

But you will really miss the water/ice conditioning. Primary reason why I'm going back.

Secondary is since I got the iolite I hardly use the Digit anymore - the iolite is just more convenient and quicker most of the time. I still love the Digit but I look at it more as a reference model to compare efficiency, or for something fun to break out at a party without worrying someone will break it.

niall,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've heard nothing but great things about the volcano.

Personally I think the Ion seems to be a cheaper more modern version of the volcano though and I would get the Ion over the volcano. I don't know of anything the volcano does that the ion doesn't do as well or better. It even has usb access for pc interfacing. That's impressive and totally useless and still cheaper than the cano.

In the end get what you want to use. I think of it like buying glass. Sure some are cheap glass and I'd avoid that, but all high end glass is the same. Get the design that you personally want to use in the future.

darkrom,

Raf007

Retailer
just to share my xp, imE the iolite will never replace the volcano and is far from its efficiency and ease of use.

Raf007,

Carbon

So I did end up buying the Volcano digital. I called over 20 head shops in town and only one place had it in stock for $725, so I said forget that. Everyone else's price was 670-680, but out of stock. Apparently most of these places only get like 1-3 in a shipment (if they stock them at all), and they have waiting lists or sell out immediately. I finally called this head shop 26 miles up North and they had one for $625. This was at like 5:00, and they closed at 7:00. I wanted this thing day of. I packed up, went to the bank to crab cash, and rushed up there. Great shop with a great selection, and I got this thing for the best price I could find. It was very satisfying after calling every place on the list and more.

niall said:
But you will really miss the water/ice conditioning. Primary reason why I'm going back.
I vape the bags through my water pipe, sometimes with a bit of ice, so that's not an issue. Straight from the bag is a bit dry and rougher, and you're right it's tough to go back after that.

For pure concentrated flavor though the VHW is probably supreme as you'll get a much denser hit off that thing than the volcano I would imagine.

Carbon,
Top Bottom