Tired of crappy vape quality medical marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the stuff from dispensaries is ridiculously moist. none of it is dried very well its like they pick it straight off the plant. Not only do i have to wait weeks before my bud is vapable it just gets annoying when also trying to show new people vaping the first time. Ive had bud were its literally impossible to vape at any vaping temp without smoking the crap. The moisture in the bud makes the vapor density crappy and thick and make your freaking throat hurt it feels like your inhaling water.

Mostly all my bud i have to vape once save it wait for the AVB to dry then toke, certain buds ive dried for a month out with a fan and it still crap in any vaporizer. i dont have a card and i rely more on what other people buy so i dont have the option of looking through strains.

Besides sitting out to dry is their anything i could do to help? Its like ive had strains that vape great but i swear most of the strains i get takes a week of drying before it gives off any decent vapor worth noting, its really annoying. specially when your picking up OZs of crap you have to dry for x amount just to get high.

laugingsodreamy12,
Reactions: ShipDit

exit

When I get really moist buds this is what I do to get them crunchy dry but just as potent as fast as possible.

Spead over newspaper or whatever in direct sunlight for a day. At least from the morning until sun starts setting.
Then just toss it all in a mason jar. After sitting in the mason jar for as little as 2 days it should be about as dry as you want it to be. Maybe a little longer but in my experience it dries a lot faster in a mason jar than it does sitting in a plastic bag or whatever.

If you're not already doing it, have you considered doing something like that and buying your weed at pretty regular intervals so you can start drying the new stuff while you have properly cured weed ready to vape?

Lastly I should ask what you're using to vape. I've usually gotten moist herb to vape fine just not quite like dry bud does.

When I get really moist buds this is what I do to get them crunchy dry but just as potent as fast as possible.

Spead over newspaper or whatever in direct sunlight for a day. At least from the morning until sun starts setting.
Then just toss it all in a mason jar. After sitting in the mason jar for as little as 2 days it should be about as dry as you want it to be. Maybe a little longer but in my experience it dries a lot faster in a mason jar than it does sitting in a plastic bag or whatever.

If you're not already doing it, have you considered doing something like that and buying your weed at pretty regular intervals so you can start drying the new stuff while you have properly cured weed ready to vape?

Lastly I should ask what you're using to vape. I've usually gotten moist herb to vape fine just not quite like dry bud does.

Nice the sun doesnt effect the quality of the buds? ill have to try that. and yea i was just thinking about the buying weed in intervals i just gotta get it rolling because it does take a while to cure a batch.

I use a SSV a Cano and a Davinci (atm broken) the davinci is the only vape i cant get moist bud to vape very well in but the SSV and cano do vape it decently well (to me the vapor is just too harsh and you can tell it doesnt get all of the THC out i have to seperate AVB because ill have to let some AVB dry before i can get it nice and dark brown due to the dispensary wetter bud). But with the cano i hate going to 7 on the temperature range (i think anything above 392f in the cano is disgusting and kills the whole purpose of the volcano, but i admit sometimes i crank it to around 390 when im out/desperate to toke and finish off AVB very well) as you have no control in draw/temp of the air so it doesnt cool off as persay the SSV cranked up with faster draw speeds.

And i find the moister the bud the harsher and denser (not a good dense) the vapor is, and imo the less high it gets you than dry bud. My volcano does better with moist bud than my SSV im realizing though. maybe its a whip thing?

laugingsodreamy12,

exit

Nice the sun doesnt effect the quality of the buds? ill have to try that. and yea i was just thinking about the buying weed in intervals i just gotta get it rolling because it does take a while to cure a batch.

Honestly I don't know the science behind this, that's why I just let it sit in sunlight for about a day's time, because it's still good after that ;) If anything, I'm sure sitting in the sun for a day and then in a mason jar in a cool dark place is way better than in a plastic bag anywhere :lol:

I use a SSV a Cano and a Davinci (atm broken) the davinci is the only vape i cant get moist bud to vape very well in but the SSV and cano do vape it decently well (to me the vapor is just too harsh and you can tell it doesnt get all of the THC out

Unfortunately I have never used a SSV or Davinci but I am familiar with the Volcano. I really really want to try a SSV!

I see what you mean about this with the vapor being dense and harsh. To be honest it's been a while since I was dealing with too moist bud so I forget how I really dealt with it... :lol:

I buy in large qty's and keep my stuff stored in mason jars always. If it's been in a jar for about a week, it's really crispy and crumbly but just as nice! Flavorful light vapor!

Tomorrow why not grab a case of jars, separate out a few piles of your bud and try to dry them off differently to see what works best for you?

exit,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Seems crazy to wait weeks for purchased product to dry. There are many ways to fast dry herb without damaging the final product. Sure it might not be as 'nice' as cured bud but it's gotta be better than trying to vap moist buds.

vaporcloud,

Ray Ray

purple.jpg

I've gotten some damp buds before. If the buds don't already come in one of these bottles, I just recycle an old one, put the buds in, leave the cap cracked open, and position it where it can get some sunlight.

Leave it out in the morning, by the time you get home from work, it should be ready

I use a quick and dirty method that you should try. Put the buds loosely in a jar,toss in a couple desiccant packs from a couple vitamin jars,seal it up and you should be good to go in a day,if you use the bigger packs fresh off the Wal-mart shelf it cuts the time down to like 10-12 hours. I don't know the chemistry involved,but I figure if they're safe to use with vitamins,should be safe for weed.
Basically the packs draw out the water but leaves all the good stuff. Taste is unaffected,but if you leave them in to long it can get a tad harsh so check them every now and then until you get the results you're looking for. I've been doing this for years and I'm not dead so I'm pretty sure it's safe,the packs work one way,they draw out the water and add nothing to your bud. Like I said,if it's safe enough for vitamins,it's safe enough for weed. You probably have some desiccant packs already,so it's worth a try right?
One last thing,the Herbalaire 2.2 vaporizer works just fine with damp bud. You can literally pick a bud right off the branch and pop it in the HA and get good and stoned.
Just my :2c:, I hope it helped,wet bud sucks!

c6eaf4f52afbf3de5c02e358fe17f0c2_zps06f08211.jpg

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
If you want the absolute highest quality cannabis, then your best bet is to grow your own. Shit, moist buds... brings me back to the days of calling and waiting, drug dealer time, eventual disappointment, too much money being spent, ugh!

The drying process is so often overlooked. Why? Because it takes fucking time and patience, that's why! For example a decent cure is three months, great tends to be six, and excellent is upwards of a year.

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Nice, If you can cure your buds for a year.
You're doin it right :clap:
I remember those days as well JJ420, Lets remember to forget the struggles but always remember the experience because it's times like those that make me truly appreciate dispensaries more than I usually do. To find excellent quality medicine at a great price from compassionate people is so uplifting and puts my faith back in humanity :love:

lwien

All the stuff from dispensaries is ridiculously moist. none of it is dried very well its like they pick it straight off the plant. Not only do i have to wait weeks before my bud is vapable it just gets annoying when also trying to show new people vaping the first time. Ive had bud were its literally impossible to vape at any vaping temp without smoking the crap. The moisture in the bud makes the vapor density crappy and thick and make your freaking throat hurt it feels like your inhaling water.

Mostly all my bud i have to vape once save it wait for the AVB to dry then toke, certain buds ive dried for a month out with a fan and it still crap in any vaporizer. i dont have a card and i rely more on what other people buy so i dont have the option of looking through strains.

Besides sitting out to dry is their anything i could do to help? Its like ive had strains that vape great but i swear most of the strains i get takes a week of drying before it gives off any decent vapor worth noting, its really annoying. specially when your picking up OZs of crap you have to dry for x amount just to get high.

NONE of the stuff that I get from any of the dispensaries that I go to has bud that is "ridiculously moist", so the statement that "All the stuff from dispensaries is ridiculously moist.", really isn't true even though it's been your experience. If the bud that you are getting from a particular dispensary is not cured properly, change dispensaries.

Regarding drying out moist bud, how 'bout just putting in the vaporizer and take a hit or two. Once the moisture is vaporized out of the bud...................whala.............dry bud.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I wish there was a dispensary around my neck of the swamp so I could have this problem .:nod:

Just Sayin' ya know . Around here you just have to go with the flavor (Quality) of the month .:doh:

You all that live in mmj states remember how lucky you are , and how envious most of us who are not so lucky are . :peace: my:2c:

Laugingsodreamy12 I hope you find some fine dry Bud .

misanthrope

Just seconding the fact that this is a first world problem if ever I did hear one.;)

I've always found that placing buds on a bookshelf out of the light for about a day tops is absolutely fine - unless it's just been cut off the plant and given straight to you without ANY drying/curing process. This surprises me because when I see footage of US dispensaries, the quality and selection looks even better than Amsterdam Coffeeshops.

Next time you're worrying about dampness, consider the plight of us UK Vapers. At present for £20 ($30) you get 1.4g of good quality, dry bud or sometimes 1.4g of unimpressive damp bud - you never really know 'cos dealers always talk like their latest batch is legendary because they need to move it.

Oh, if only I had a dispensary to visit *stares wistfully into middle distance and sighs*.

Zookeeper

Moist bud weighs more. So this is always going to be a problem until Marlboro is allowed to produce chemical filled Green 100s

Zookeeper,

Zookeeper

The drying process is so often overlooked. Why? Because it takes fucking time and patience, that's why! For example a decent cure is three months, great tends to be six, and excellent is upwards of a year.

I disagree completely. By the 6 month mark, lets take a look at THC-A conversion into CBN. The plant has been naturally decarboxilated by this time and most dealers discount their weed if its been inhand past the 6 month mark. Production operations should have force curing methods figured out long before planting a crop.

Zookeeper,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Nice the sun doesnt effect the quality of the buds?

Yes, the sun will degrade THC. The light and the heat.

Not only do i have to wait weeks before my bud is vapable

Weeks? It only takes one week straight from the plant. If its been trimmed than it should at least be a few days old by now.

Ive had bud were its literally impossible to vape at any vaping temp without smoking the crap.

That doesn't make sense. Once you take a few draws off a damp bud, the vaporizer will dry it out. So even though there is no vapor output on the first few hits, it will eventually start.

Besides sitting out to dry is their anything i could do to help?

Switch dispensaries. Even if it was decent after drying, you are paying for that extra water weight and getting screwed.

You could dry it in the oven, if you keep the temp low it shouldn't degrade the activities.

JoeKickass

i dont have a card and i rely more on what other people buy so i dont have the option of looking through strains.
All the curing in the world won't get you the strain you want. I don't know your situation but I encourage you to get a card if possible! Also if you're disabled there are delivery services that come right to your house and let you look at all their strains.

Really the best way to get satisfying bud (especially if you're buying cheap) is to go to places with a lot of variety. I love iMedz in san jose because they always have like ten cheap strains ($50 half, $100 ounce cheap) and even though lots are poorly cured and smell like hay, I can usually find one or two diamonds in the rough that really appeal to me. Just don't look at their top shelf because they always have girl scout cookies (for $380 an ounce :o)

Here's what I got last time, $50 half ounce of jedi kush:
DyAUn2z.jpg

Last edited:

SD_haze

All the curing in the world won't get you the strain you want. I don't know your situation but I encourage you to get a card if possible! Also if you're disabled there are delivery services that come right to your house and let you look at all their strains.

Really the best way to get satisfying bud (especially if you're buying cheap) is to go to places with a lot of variety. I love iMedz in san jose because they always have like ten cheap strains ($50 half, $100 ounce cheap) and even though lots are poorly cured and smell like hay, I can usually find one or two diamonds in the rough that really appeal to me. Just don't look at their top shelf because they always have girl scout cookies (for $380 an ounce :o)
I do the same thing with super cheap ounces that smell like hay ;)
Can't resist because they always work

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
The OG isn't as flamboyant. Branding is def. a differentiator here as the packaging will stick out quite well in the shops. If they are going for a 'premium' market they should prolly tone it down a bit.

But who am I to say how it should look. I am bias toward the minimalistic aesthetic anyway, could be a side effect of growing up with Apple product all in our faces lol. What matters most is the product of course, so that can speak for itself.

Steele Concept,
Reactions: JoeKickass
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom