Tips on dealing with Pain long-term?

SuperVixen

I bite
Those are great pics @ataxian :) I can see why you wouldn't want to put ABV oil through that...

My next toy will be one of those Persei at least that was what I was hoping until our cloud just died right now.... I am so sad... the replacement plates for the Lotus haven't arrived either. I am a sad Panda :cry:

SuperVixen,
Reactions: ataxian

arf777

No longer dogless
The few I've tried made everything worse. Also the ADD meds I was taking, Dexedrine increased the anxiety and sleeping issues.
No she didn't mention one in particular. But she said the pain was in reaction to my anxiety, so it's psychosomatic, which I'm having lots of trouble believing since even when I am relaxed and completely imbibed in a funny movie, far away from anxiety and problems, I still experience the widespread and moving pains.

I guess I have to stay positive, at least if I get rid in part of the anxiety and depression, it'll be easier to deal with pain...IDK it's weird, and now that I found a doctor willing to help me, I think I should to her and at the very least try it out.

Also she gave me a sick leave of a month so now I'm stressing about money. But I didn't lose my job!
Those antidepressants are some expensive meds!

I spent two years with every doctor I saw telling me my pain was from anxiety or (even weirder) a Freudian reaction-formation, despite already having had a spinal surgery. Though none of the docs had ANY training in psychology, psychiatry or psychoanalysis. Then I ended up needing three more spinal surgeries, though I had to come to Johns Hopkins to get properly diagnosed. They ALWAYS call it psychosomatic when they can't immediately find a cause. I also spent a year with a bogus ALS diagnosis. Since it runs in my family, I believed them.

But psychosomatic pain is quite rare. That is per my parents, one a clinical psychotherapist who specializes in pain patients at Hopkins and Sinai, the other the former head of one of the largest mental hospitals in the US, Rockland Psychiatric outside of NYC (where the long-term patients from Bellevue go). And I am (among other things) trained in Neo-Freudian object relations, and I have never encountered a single case study that demonstrated anything but minor pain from psychosomatic causes. it isn't impossible, but it is extremely unlikely.

Vicki - a TENS unit like that can help, but in my experience it is always short-term. My pain has adapted to every e-stim based treatment I have ever had. Even the damn Medtronic e-stim implant I have only helped the pain for about 6 months. Now its a source of pain and I need to get it removed. So its worth a try, but I wouldn't spend more than $50 on it. And do not get the implant.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Those are great pics @ataxian :) I can see why you wouldn't want to put ABV oil through that...

My next toy will be one of those Persei at least that was what I was hoping until our cloud just died right now.... I am so sad... the replacement plates for the Lotus haven't arrived either. I am a sad Panda :cry:
In CALIFORNIA we have these strong winds that come from the desert called, "SANTA ANA'S".
Yesterday they where strong as can be.
I was taking out the trash and the plastic lid flew up and smash my nose and made it bleed.
Felt like a blind punch to the face.
F^CK it hurt and blood everywhere!

That was identified pain.

With other diseases we don't know where the pain comes from?

My LOTUS has a burnt plates and looks ghetto.
Maybe I need to order a new one?

I am a afraid of ABV!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vicki - a TENS unit like that can help, but in my experience it is always short-term. My pain has adapted to every e-stim based treatment I have ever had. Even the damn Medtronic e-stim implant I have only helped the pain for about 6 months. Now its a source of pain and I need to get it removed. So its worth a try, but I wouldn't spend more than $50 on it. And do not get the implant.

I'm just looking for alternatives to opiates. I've been using cannabis to treat my pain for quite some time now, but it doesn't help as much as I would like. I started taking Kratom and that helps a lot. I also take ginger root which helps with inflammation.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I got my TENS unit this afternoon, and I didn't have to pay anything for it. :)

I haven't used it yet, but plan to try it tonight. I'm gonna need it because I found out I ruptured my EPL tendon and have to have surgery May 23rd. :(

DOOM

I have cluster headaches, ankylosing spondylitis, a trashed L4 and chronic pancreatitis - so I know pain. Can't you get 222's over the counter in Canada?

Damn bro chronic pancreatitis, my step dad has this and his pain is unbearable. His pain meds stop working, docs says pain is now caused nerve damage. He would eat, get pain and eventually vomit. I think he was around 220lbs and now he looks like 130. He's unable to work. I first I thought he was a big drama queen until he got the diagnosis of CP. He would be literally on the floor crying in pain but hated going to ER. It was so bad, I had to move out the house because it was so stressful and depressing to watch.

I feel for you man, CP is no joke. No offense to anyone dealing with another painful disease, but I think CP has to be the worst. Who im I to say, but just watching my step dad through out the years on daily basis and this guy was no wuss. I think he played football in HS and college and even dabbled in boxing.

Please tell me MJ has helped you ease the pain? I think he would laugh at me if I told him to get an MMJ card but at this point he should be open to anything.

DOOM,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom