TinyMight vs Tetra P80

hoyo77

Both of these devices have my VAS in overdrive. I ordered the tinymight about a week ago. Will probably get the TetraP80 when the list opens again. The tinymight i will travel with...the tetra will never leave the house!!

tokenknifeguy

I have a tetrax and VAS is hitting just as hard, and trying to narrow down my next purchase. I know there are some other similar style vapes like the lil bud and milaana's but wondering what other vapes are out there that are similar style to these, and which are the best?

tokenknifeguy,

GoldenBud

I have a tetrax and VAS is hitting just as hard, and trying to narrow down my next purchase. I know there are some other similar style vapes like the lil bud and milaana's but wondering what other vapes are out there that are similar style to these, and which are the best?
ELEV8R. 105$. all glass, 100% convection big heater after heating it with butane torch.

tokenknifeguy

ELEV8R. 105$. all glass, 100% convection big heater after heating it with butane torch.
I already got the elev8r and it is a beast. Was thinking of getting the flowerpot but I can get such massive hits with the elev8r not sure if I need too. So I'm looking for something more portable but can hit.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Tl;dr: get a couple of Splinters if you mostly vape at home

I've been eyeing the Tinymight as a sort of on demand convection Fury replacement since the Fury 2 and now the Edge has served me so well as a slim jeans pocket vape.

For home use I can't see paying more than twice as much over a Splinter V2 or Z on a $40 wismec mod.

RBT has this flash sale going for both a Splinter and a Splinter Z for $99:
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/zv2v2.htm

I sold my Tubo X this summer and I'm more heavily invested in Splinters now. I also have a Milaana 3 pre-order coming soon for unregulated fun. Owned a Lil Bud for a year and change but sold it not long ago. It was never very consistent and the Milaana is compatible with the XL8R stems which provide more cooling for the big hits I prefer.

Now that I've purchased box mods for thirty or forty bucks the Tetra P80 irks me in the same way as the Tubo Evic: I don't want to pay someone $225+ to wrap a thirty dollar box mod in wood paneling and wire it to their hand assembled heater. I'd rather just buy the heater.

namasteIII

Theres the nomad too. A long wait but custom and supper pretty. Performance can equal TM with proper technique I was told. But TM is easier cuz of computers. I'd go one of those two over MI / Lil bud.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I'd say check out the splinters as bossman said, since you already have the vape plus mod setup going with the TetraX... There is also the mistvape Imp(cognito), dreamwood Glow, iHeat, StemPod, even Musa510, for different mod based on demand pure convection vapes. Each of these is quite different from the Tetra heater. Milaana and tinymight are great too, as is the Fury Edge, depends what you're looking for?

Hey @Shit Snacks how's the testing going? Just wondering if you had an update on the p80 VS TM.
Trying to decide between the two.

Going going gone lol no seriously I am still enjoying both of them very much, all the differences have been documented here and in their respective threads. The similarities are apparent as well, however it is difficult to compare since they both are pure on demand convection using glass stems like the above vapes listed... They all have different heaters, interfaces, form factors, and other such variances. TM and TP80 are both regulated, but one is more digital and one is more analog... TinyM is a bit sleeker and maybe more portable overall, but Tetra has greater versatility and is still plenty portable... You really got to decide what aspects of a vape are important for you, but honestly I do not think you can go wrong buying either TinyMight or TetraP80. These two are each truly top-tier all-in-one portables!

Theres the nomad too. A long wait but custom and supper pretty. Performance can equal TM with proper technique I was told. But TM is easier cuz of computers. I'd go one of those two over MI / Lil bud.

I don't know about that, I much prefer Milaana to Nomad (though I do have one of the original units, and have still not upgraded my button etc) for a variety of reasons, while I honestly feel the TM kind of crushes it in performance and user experience... In some aspects the design is quite similar, though the products are not (Nomad is totally a specialty order that I would not recommend to anyone who is asking about vapes frankly, it is a next level luxury item imo, functional art you have a long wait for with a fittingly high price). The Tinymight has more modularity with Milaana stems fitting in reverse, not to mention the cooling unit with wider standard stems that are easier to load and insert / remove with the o-rings. It also has regulation for the battery, so more protection, aside from the temp control dial, plus it actually has a much larger heater that is steel instead of nichrome (which means better taste for me personally). Nomad has built-in modularity as well with the different heaters, but to me the TM is better because you have one heater that can do a wide variety of power without having to swap a heater module... Don't get me wrong The Nomad is fucking stunning, nothing like it, but as an actual vape looking at function and user experience overall, it cannot touch the Tinymight :2c:

I may have missed some things but I guess that is an easier comparison to write up for me! :ko:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I already got the elev8r and it is a beast. Was thinking of getting the flowerpot but I can get such massive hits with the elev8r not sure if I need too. So I'm looking for something more portable but can hit.
I also think that you'll appreciate the Splinter Z. IMP is also a good choice. If you need glassless vape, IMP is a good option imo. Also the simrell collection seems like a good hitter (with a ti tip of vapcap)

GoldenBud,

namasteIII

Damn @Shit Snacks don't be saying that kinda stuff in my earshot. I'm trying to convince myself I don't need one here.

Good post though.

I feel like it's a fair recommendation since that guy was asking for stuff similar to MI / Lil bud.

Also upgrade your button it makes me sad you don't use yours. Also your opinion on it's performance might change if you get to know it more/can press the button easily. Sure Dan would do it for you if you'd rather send it back then mess with it yourself.

Shit Snacks

Damn @Shit Snacks don't be saying that kinda stuff in my earshot. I'm trying to convince myself I don't need one here.

Good post though.

I feel like it's a fair recommendation since that guy was asking for stuff similar to MI / Lil bud.

Haha dude, I really think you do....

But yeah totally fair, I'm just saying none of those quite compare to TM and Tetra in the same way due to no regulation (for temp or battery) but they are all similarly-sized portables with glass stem on demand pure convection.

Also upgrade your button it makes me sad you don't use yours. Also your opinion on it's performance might change if you get to know it more/can press the button easily. Sure Dan would do it for you if you'd rather send it back then mess with it yourself.

Yeah yeah not really the place to go into it, he absolutely would if I felt like shipping it back to Canada either. I know I'm sure I could have a great experience with it since I was such a champion of the Milaana, but most of the differences ended up more inconvenient for me than enhancing as they had seemed to be... Like yes the button was a barrier, though it wasn't my only gripe, I do qualify the limited amount of time I spent with it. Honestly the other aspect of it is how expensive and nice it is, that made me not want to use it, whereas the tinymight is nice yet way more utilitarian, which in this stage of my vaping career is apparently an important factor? I appreciate the craft too, but yeah...

Fuck I have so many vapes though :lol:

Thcgos

Vape Addict

I am still enjoying both of them very much, all the differences have been documented

Thanks for the response @dzoinp and @Shit Snacks appreciate both of your time. :)

I should have been more specific in what aspects I wanted compared between the TN and P80.
I'm well versed with each vapes capability and spec sheets.
However, I guess the direct comparisons which have not been documented here are:

1) Vapour smoothness comparison (in standard configuration without any aftermarket modifications)? Which is smoother?

2) Which has better efficiency?

3) Which has better flavour?

4) Which has better battery life in On-demand and Session mode?

5) Any notable quirks, or issues, that I should be aware of with either unit?

EDIT:
6) which is easier for a noob to use. E.g. if I give it to a friend who has never used one.

Sorry for so many questions.

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The Tinymight has more modularity with Milaana stems fitting in reverse, not to mention the cooling unit with wider standard stems that are easier to load and insert / remove with the o-rings. It also has regulation for the battery, so more protection, aside from the temp control dial, plus it actually has a much larger heater that is steel instead of nichrome (which means better taste for me personally)

TM is better because you have one heater that can do a wide variety of power

:bowdown:

I'm trying to convince myself I don't need one here.
yes you need :brow:

I just want to mention that today my tetra p80 worked very well, I think adjusting the coil +0.004 was the key along with longer warm up time. It's my first Tubo so...
Now it can only get better and the couch is the best place for the three of us. My Tm is also sitting here after a long journey during the day.

cheers

hoyo77

Thats good to know...my nomad sleeve is being painted and then it will be shipped to me. I am still gonna get the tinymight and the tetra p80. I am a collector. dont judge me!!!

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the response @dzoinp and @Shit Snacks appreciate both of your time. :)

I should have been more specific in what aspects I wanted compared between the TN and P80.
I'm well versed with each vapes capability and spec sheets.
However, I guess the direct comparisons which have not been documented here are:

1) Vapour smoothness comparison (in standard configuration without any aftermarket modifications)? Which is smoother?

2) Which has better efficiency?

3) Which has better flavour?

4) Which has better battery life in On-demand and Session mode?

5) Any notable quirks, or issues, that I should be aware of with either unit?

EDIT:
6) which is easier for a noob to use. E.g. if I give it to a friend who has never used one.

Sorry for so many questions.

To me there's not really a clear standout for any of these questions, I think that's why you have not seen a ruling on them...

1. Standard configuration for TP80 is so varying, so if comparing to TM cooling unit that could be smoother than nub cooler depending how you draw... (shorty spiky bent stem is also a standard option, they're all very effective but all glass, could get hotter with high temp back to back hits, more of an issue with the nub... TM stem can get hot to though sooo)

2. is equal, stem-based on demand pure convection most efficient available in my experience... 3. is also pretty equal, I might give the edge to the TM depending on setup for the very first hit however, Tetra can milk low temp flavor better perhaps for more hits though? Hard not to say equal!

4. Battery life is also probably equal, very tricky to compare with all the variables, they both use single high drain 18650 so you're going to see comprable battery life in on demand mode at least (Tetra maybe better for session because of its eco mode, but I have not tested the TM in session very much)

5. nothing that hasn't already been mentioned in the respective threads?... 6. again this one is pretty equal as I am having luck with both, though honestly I have not used the TM as much this way yet... I mean technically I have not used Tetra as much this way either, but I did use Tubo that way a whole lot very successfully. I've used both TinyMight and TetraP80 with a friend who doesn't have too much vape experience other than with me (mostly my Heat Island or SplinterZ through bubbler, but also my splinter V2 and Tubo/TetraDual, plus FuryEdge and Mighty once, without issue...)

And one bonus I'll give you, the tinymight is overall a bit simpler I suppose! analog v digital

Thcgos

Vape Addict
To me there's not really a clear standout for any of these questions, I think that's why you have not seen a ruling on them...

1. Standard configuration for TP80 is so varying, so if comparing to TM cooling unit that could be smoother than nub cooler depending how you draw... (shorty spiky bent stem is also a standard option, they're all very effective but all glass, could get hotter with high temp back to back hits, more of an issue with the nub... TM stem can get hot to though sooo)

2. is equal, stem-based on demand pure convection most efficient available in my experience... 3. is also pretty equal, I might give the edge to the TM depending on setup for the very first hit however, Tetra can milk low temp flavor better perhaps for more hits though? Hard not to say equal!

4. Battery life is also probably equal, very tricky to compare with all the variables, they both use single high drain 18650 so you're going to see comprable battery life in on demand mode at least (Tetra maybe better for session because of its eco mode, but I have not tested the TM in session very much)

5. nothing that hasn't already been mentioned in the respective threads?... 6. again this one is pretty equal as I am having luck with both, though honestly I have not used the TM as much this way yet... I mean technically I have not used Tetra as much this way either, but I did use Tubo that way a whole lot very successfully. I've used both TinyMight and TetraP80 with a friend who doesn't have too much vape experience other than with me (mostly my Heat Island or SplinterZ through bubbler, but also my splinter V2 and Tubo/TetraDual, plus FuryEdge and Mighty once, without issue...)

And one bonus I'll give you, the tinymight is overall a bit simpler I suppose! analog v digital

Thanks for the thorough response!
This is exactly the level of detail I needed to make an informed decision.

Given the fact that they seem so equally capable in these areas, I'm going to go with the TM for it's form factor. :rockon:
Plus, I like the fit and "Finish" of the TM (sorry I was trying hard to work in that aweful pun) :lol::doh:

Thanks again for helping me make my decision. See you in the TM thread soon! :tup:

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the thorough response!
This is exactly the level of detail I needed to make an informed decision.

Given the fact that they seem so equally capable in these areas, I'm going to go with the TM for it's form factor. :rockon:
Plus, I like the fit and "Finish" of the TM (sorry I was trying hard to work in that aweful pun) :lol::doh:

Thanks again for helping me make my decision. See you in the TM thread soon! :tup:

They're definitely both a little rough around the edges in some ways, and another ways feel like very professional mainstream products... digital and analog, you really can't go wrong, you're going to love the tinymight (and you would love the Tetra too! Future purchase plan :brow:)

Top Bottom