TinyMight / TM 2

Facticity

I am in agreement with the previous 4 posts. Maybe it would be best to hold all reservations until the owner opens his own thread, and leave this one be for now. If he doesn't open his own, then so be it.

Edit: previous 4* posts

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
@RastaBuddhaTao, forgive me if I eluded that I received poor CS from you. I for one most certainly did not. Quite frankly it wouldn’t have stopped me regardless. I have a Milanna, Zion, Splinter and SplinterZ Because I am amazed by your innovation.
Imagine Nikola Tesla handling every aspect of a business... no. Let the inventor invent.

Vapxr

I'm not sure why everyone is saying this is a startup and is still in development. Let's get this straight, it's been available for months and would ship to the US for a $9 shipping fee. This isn't a brand new device, just new to FC.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
[...] it's been available for months [...]

No, it went live only a few days ago. Some have had the opportunity to test a betamodel, but from what I can see here in this thread, it's actually a new device.

Siebter,

Vapxr

No, it went live only a few days ago. Some have had the opportunity to test a betamodel, but from what I can see here in this thread, it's actually a new device.

I have to disagree. I was able to complete an order about a month and a half ago but didn't due to no reviews, being shipped over the pond and was at a higher price at $275 plus shipping. I didn't want to risk it being a flop and waited. No one ever sent me an email saying it was beta only and wasn't available for purchase. Imo the lack of advertising has caused this to be a real conundrum.

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.

No? The page has had the devices for sale for at least a month. I've been watching the Tinymight for at least triple that.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Ah okay, then I misunderstood the release date, sorry for that¹.

I would still consider it a new device / project given that there is no user feedback outside this thread yet.

¹Edit: Wonder why nobody talked about it though.

Last edited:

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
Ah okay, then I misunderstood the release date, sorry for that¹.

I would still consider it a new device / project given that there is no user feedback outside this thread yet.

¹Edit: Wonder why nobody talked about it though.

It was talked about in the /r/vaporents Discord as long ago as 08/26. I just searched the Discord chat history. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean other people haven't.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Okay, I meant „publicly talked about“. Usually new devices are (publicly) talked about on reddit, Vaporasylum and fc as soon as they are released or even prior to that. I have seen the TM being mentioned about a week ago by khelek41girl on reddit for the first time.

Siebter,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

LabPong

I agree with VGoodiez.....just come out and say it is you...then take your do with an apology and express that you are trying your best and maybe you got in a little over your head for ability to conduct proper business with your customers. Then make the vape and make sure it is good with no issues....sell it and let it flourish as it will.

I think people expect too much from all these amateur manufactures of vape products. I do not expect most of them to have solid business principals or performance. But if you are going to put yourself out there in the market...it is important to be upfront and have decent communication with your customers so they understand your ability and limits as well.

Hope this turns out better than this back and forth so far.....though I can understand people's concern to purchase one.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Sorry :worms: beta release comment was my bad. Who knows what business model TM is following. It may have completed what would essentially be a beta release in the initial build for public offering. All we know is customer service will be on the forefront as that has been quoted by @khelek41girl . Otherwise we -may- know that the developer is not interested in stocking distribution houses or the distribution houses simply aren't willing to take a hit on margin. Too many considerations for us to even guess at much less give a crap about. If this has in fact been released in the last 3 months then yes, it is new and yes, it is virtually in a beta cycle.

...and yes, it is very appropriate to be talking about it :buzz:

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hope this turns out better than this back and forth so far.....though I can understand people's concern to purchase one.

I think whoever has concerns or doubts should simply not buy one or at least wait until early adopters have reported their experiences. I respect peoples concerns, what I don't get is the tense atmosphere in this thread. This seems like a wonderful device, we should welcome it. And be curious.

shl

Hey @khelek41girl - it seems, that you're one of the lucky ones who already could try the vape AND already owns an Apollo v2. May I ask: How harsh/hot is the vape coming out of the tinymight compared to the Apollo? Does this small cooling unit work as good as the quite large one inside Apollo? Main problem with straight stems: too hot, too harsh. Apollo was quite fine compared to many other vapes. Using it everyday. If tinymight is similar, it would be an instant buy argument.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Hey @khelek41girl - it seems, that you're one of the lucky ones who already could try the vape AND already owns an Apollo v2. May I ask: How harsh/hot is the vape coming out of the tinymight compared to the Apollo? Does this small cooling unit work as good as the quite large one inside Apollo? Main problem with straight stems: too hot, too harsh. Apollo was quite fine compared to many other vapes. Using it everyday. If tinymight is similar, it would be an instant buy argument.

So...I would say with the Apollo, because of the sheer volume of herb that you use in one bowl, the vapor is very dense. If that's a macrodose, then the TinyMight would be an average dose similar to the Milaana and Stempod, though you can adjust the bowl size for microdosing. If you're using a standard amount of herb, the vapor is incredibly smooth and not harsh at all. I never have issues with the vapor temperature, but I will say that with the short stem, the glass can get warm. That's why I use the fat Dynavap mouthpiece with it. It keeps my lips off the glass, but the vapor is always comfortable. You can take monster hits with the TinyMight and they are always very pleasant

shl

Thank you for the answer @khelek41girl ! I would assume the hot glas is connected to heater source being directly under it, like the bottom part of the Apollo glas is getting really hot vs normal temperature on top. If you use the longer glas stem with tinymight vape, do you need/prefer the Dynavap mouthpiece, too?

Is the glas stem size a common one? Or is it something special and we need to rely on manufacturer to get spare parts? (Local replacement suppliers possibility for glas parts is quite a bonus).

Seems like this is the last difficult part to solve - small, high efficient cooling units. Feels like I need to try the TinyMight solution myself. It looks like a real mobile solution with the short stem. Not needing the dynavap mouthpiece would be a great plus, but I would assume, I would need the mouthpiece, too. Hot parts on the lips is a nogo. Apollo was my first unit, that worked out for me personally. Most vapes are too hot for me (Mighty does not work me for example, Splinter only with extra cooling unit stem). Bent stems are the way to go. But bent stems seem difficult with the TinyMight setup. So this cooling unit needs to do all the work with a straight stem.

Seeing your video and your comments about macro: I would assume, the TinyMight is more efficient than the Apollo. Can you agree on that with your experiences?

shl,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@shl actually the only reason I use the mouthpiece is because as you're drawing warm air up through the stem, the glass naturally gets warm. This is a full convection vape, so even with the heater being on in session mode, very little of that heat actually transfers into the stem until you start drawing. After lots of back to back hits, the glass can definitely get warm like any other stem. I also use the fat Dynavap mouthpiece because I'm lame and sometimes bring the vape up to my mouth too quickly and hit my tooth. The soft rubber/silicone of the mouthpiece protects my teeth lol

shl

lol, real stoner problems :). pure glass, ss, whatever airpath, but please, some put rubber on top to safe my teeth.

shl,

Facticity

So I was going to wait until they were in stock with @khelek41girl (and for the faint of heart or low of account balance, or skeptical of mind would recommend to wait)...
And yes, I know I said it would be best to withhold reservations, but this one checks all my boxes, so i went for it. Two friends and I decided to pool some resources and share the vape like a stoner version of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Anyway - the creator was extremely responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process, very aware of the fact that this vape is new to the market.
I couldn't give a hoot about what other products he's made in the past - the dude is on the right track with the speed and quality of communication. Turnaround time from checkout to shipping is set to be 6 days (it arrives tomorrow; looks like @Siebter and I were in the same shipment).
Once it's here I'll share some more thoughts, but to reiterate: 6. Days. From. Finland. That's insanely quick, right? Speed obviously depends on stock and other variables, but that's pretty insanely quick in my humble opinion.

Also, a thus far undiscussed feature, that I noticed in the manual: the device vibrates on activation (from 1-4 times) to indicate battery level. That's cool! That's kind of what I thought they would do for the Crafty+ rather than keeping the "epilepsy light battery level" function that existed in the previous model.

Finally, I thought I'd do a little Excel work, and map out the temperature values (if they are in fact evenly distributed for all of the heat settings). I like knowing the exact temp I'm vaping at, and here is what I came up with:

Tinymight Values per Heat Setting - all values in Celsius.
  • 1: 120
  • 1.5: 126.66
  • 2: 133.33
  • 2.5: 140
  • 3: 146.66
  • 3.5: 153.33
  • 4: 160
  • 4.5: 166.66
  • 5: 173.33
  • 5.5: 180
  • 6: 186.66
  • 6.5: 193.33
  • 7: 200
  • 7.5: 206.66
  • 8: 213.33
  • 8.5: 220
  • 9: 226.66
  • 9.5: 233.33
  • 10: 240
If anyone determines that this is incorrect, please let me know. I'm a little stoned and a little tired, but hey, I tried.

Last edited:

LabPong

New York City. Though the same should apply for most of the east coast at least.

Nice.....did they sent via DHL to USPS? I get some sporting goods in small packages from Estonia...I think average was 5-7 days as well.

LabPong,
Top Bottom