TinyMight / TM 2

JEMSKU

Now, because of everyone's lackluster feelings about the cooling unit, even though not a single person who has commented has ever used one and experienced the vapor quality save myself and @stickstones, the cooling unit is being scrapped for a more high tech method that has been proven slightly less effective because it's more "high tech" and the release will be delayed because of it. Even stickstones speaks of its effectiveness. It just works, and honestly, that's what I care about most. Even with a redesigned cooling unit, I will continue to use my nuts and washers because I like the results. People can say what they want about it, but until they try it, they just simply won't understand. I was told by the maker not to try and defend the current concept, but I have a hard time not speaking to the effectiveness of this device. It puts almost all other vapes in the same category to shame.

Oh dear, you mean to say the change is actually happening based on a couple speculative comments on FC? Maybe I'm making a bit of a no-win situation for the manufacturer, but honestly I'm a bit unimpressed that he would deliver an inferior product, late, because of a vocal minority. Wish he'd stick to his guns.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Oh dear, you mean to say the change is actually happening based on a couple speculative comments on FC? Maybe I'm making a bit of a no-win situation for the manufacturer, but honestly I'm a bit unimpressed that he would deliver an inferior product, late, because of a vocal minority. Wish he'd stick to his guns.

Me too honestly. It was based off of feedback from those on FC as well as Reddit, but yeah. As long as the materials are safe, that's all I care about. It's a shame really. The way it is now is so amazing, I hate to see it potentially messed up because of a few people who haven't tried it but have such strong opinions on the matter

@virtualpurple I agree 100%. I'm trying to convince them right now to offer both cooling units as options so as not to lose the superior concept to something that is "more high tech"

Last edited by a moderator:

Grobalot

lol in that case i'd save my self £23.32 and get my own washer's, nuts and bolts, and make one myself with some bits from screwfix for less than a 3rd the cost, still using medical grade stainless.
excuse me for voicing my own opinion and some how delaying dispatch, but it seems like a shoddy cop out, even if it is "effective" by the standards of 2 people that own the unit.
high tech never came into it from my comments either, but i'd rather have a machined part than some leftover bits from hanging a door.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
lol in that case i'd save my self £23.32 and get my own washer's, nuts and bolts, and make one myself with some bits from screwfix for less than a 3rd the cost, still using medical grade stainless.
excuse me for voicing my own opinion and some how delaying dispatch, but it seems like a shoddy cop out, even if it is "effective" by the standards of 2 people that own the unit.
high tech never came into it from my comments either, but i'd rather have a machined part than some leftover bits from hanging a door.

You're welcome to do that if you'd like. I'm just saying that I would rather go for what is most effective, and if that's washers and nuts, then that's what I want. It doesn't need to be some heated debate. Something either works or it doesn't, and this works. I'm not here to argue with anyone. I'm simply here to educate and inform. You have your opinion and that's awesome. If that's your stance, save your money and go for something else. It's nothing personal

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Me too honestly. It was based off of feedback from those on FC as well as Reddit, but yeah. As long as the materials are safe, that's all I care about. It's a shame really. The way it is now is so amazing, I hate to see it potentially messed up because of a few people who haven't tried it but have such strong opinions on the matter

MOST of us want a vape that is optimally safe and effective. I have not read anything on Reddit about Tinymight as I don't tend to go there and have only read one truly negative comment here on FC. And I agree, if @stickstones says it works well then I, and I'm sure many others here, are willing to take him at his word!

So get going young lady, convince the maker to come here to FC, identify himself, present his testing methods and results? That should go a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG way toward convincing hearts and minds. In short, if you do that then I think the more contemplative minds here at FC will bring to bear their collective wisdom on this matter.

If it ain't broke.....!

Were rooting for ya, K-girl! :rockon:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
MOST of us want a vape that is optimally safe and effective. I have not read anything on Reddit about Tinymight as I don't tend to go there and have only read one truly negative comment here on FC. And I agree, if @stickstones says it works well then I, and I'm sure many others here, are willing to take him at his word!

So get going young lady, convince the maker to come here, identify himself, present his testing methods and results? That should go a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG way toward convincing hearts and minds. In short, if you do that then I think the more contemplative minds here at FC will bring to bear their collective wisdom on this matter.

If it ain't broke.....!

Were rooting for ya, K-girl! :rockon:

Thank you for the positive words! Hopefully they can be convinced to at least still provide the original cooling unit as an option for those of us who prefer it the way it is now

marduk

daydreamer
Having a single machined part that replaces several off-the-shelf small parts that need to be assembled by hand would save the manufacturer a LOT of time. My guess is that he was already considering making a change after seeing the level of interest in the vape, knowing that he'd have to increase production dramatically to meet demand. I think the negative comments just pushed him over the edge.

If there's a cooling efficiency drop in the neighborhood of 5%, or even 10%, I don't think it would be such a big deal. And you can always get the longer stem that is already offered as an option on his website to compensate.

:2c:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Having a single machined part that replaces several off-the-shelf small parts that need to be assembled by hand would save the manufacturer a LOT of time. My guess is that he was already considering making a change after seeing the level of interest in the vape, knowing that he'd have to increase production dramatically to meet demand. I think the negative comments just pushed him over the edge.

If there's a cooling efficiency drop in the neighborhood of 5%, or even 10%, I don't think it would be such a big deal. And you can always get the longer stem that is already offered as an option on his website to compensate.

You make some good points!

I just don't understand why he won't make an appearance here at FC where he could explain his thinking in regard to the CU design and field members' questions? I know he's been invited by several FC members over the past week or so to come to FC for a little "meet and greet" with a few questions thrown in. He has everything to win and nothing to lose. It's kinda making me scratch my head as to why we haven't met him yet!

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Well, as far as all this stuff goes, I'll leave it up to the maker as this is their product after all. At this point, I'm just a very satisfied user. As long as the materials remain safe to use, I'll continue to support them no matter what they decide to go with cooling unit wise. I will say this though... It's my DD and will probably continue to be that for as long as it holds up. I've devoted more time than any user probably should in showing how amazing this vape is. Anything else that happens will be up the the maker and the users who buy or don't buy the product. I've got my own products to make and a website to run, so I'm going to head out and get busy designing stems and preparing for the holidays. I look forward to reviewing everyone's opinions later on. Right now though, the day's a wastin!

shredder

Maybe it's partly a weight issue, as well.

But whatever, it's his vape, lol.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
HEY! Mr. TinyMight Maker!

bob-barker-come-on-down.jpg

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
We talk of o-rings as they are a panacea for heat path solutions. They're not. Other than the exotics, we get silicone. It is barely up to the level we need for a complete vape. This unit with o-rings on the cooling 'tins' should be just fine as I am certain they are silicone.

temperature_ranges.gif

As to the 'tins' themselves; what is wrong with nuts and washers? They are simply a varied fabrication of a material we all approve of in the vape path. Sure, making 100's would be cheaper to machine from a single rod, but for cleaning and maintenance... crap... let me take it apart and soak it in Everclear! That is assuming it is still in the form of the previously disclosed image of 'fins' and a limited airflow gap.

What I'd like to know is, and this is certainly from a lack of knowledge perspective, why are people so anxious to allow the very vape we seek to extract to condense onto the device rather than partaking of it?
Is this all about keeping it portable?

RxPlorer

... all high quality 316-SS and were proven to be most effective when testing against glass beads, custom discs, water, solid steel, etc....

...I mean, the maker has taken the time to write his own firmware for this device and has done all the coding himself. Everything about this device has been done with intention and purpose, and the results prove it by effortlessly providing amazing vapor quality.... Sometimes the answer to the most complicated questions are the most simple and direct.

...I reach for the TinyMight more than 98% of the other vapes I have because its not only the easiest to use, but provides the best results.

Now, because of everyone's lackluster feelings about the cooling unit, even though not a single person who has commented has ever used one... and the release will be delayed because of it.

... It just works, and honestly, that's what I care about most.... People can say what they want about it, but until they try it, they just simply won't understand.

.....It puts almost all other vapes in the same category to shame....It's not winning awards for nothing....
https://imgur.com/McAPbqn

Well done, vocal minority whiners! and y’all who diss this design will be the very FIRST to purchase the redesign, right?

Last edited:
RxPlorer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
but i'd rather have a machined part than some leftover bits from hanging a door.

I think that's a little unfair. Personally, I encourage using off-the-shelf parts instead of custom. It's easier for the user to maintain. None of my cooling parts appeared to be used! And they work much better than anything I had here to use for cooling.

btw, I pulled it out somewhere in our livestream last night. Not sure where in the two-hour stream, though. Didn't use it, just showed it off a little.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@warren0728 @JEMSKU so the cooling unit is 2 parts. A lower and upper chamber.
"The first of the two stainless steel sleeves is empty because it's primary purpose is to let the vacuum pressure that is drawing the air trough the herb to get as even as possible. At first there was just a shallow holder for the mesh but there were hot spots since the cooler affected the air flow so this extra distance between the herb and the cooler part helps to make it more even."

In the upper chamber, "the best cooling effect came with simple nuts and washers. It is the combination of high mass and lots of surfaces to create turbulence, with the shapes and threads in the nuts."

Hope this helps explain why the parts are used and arranged how they are. Inside, it goes, nut/washer/nut/washer/nut/washer/nut to provide the most surface area possible

MonkeyTime

I think the issue is this vape shows a lot of promise and is getting great early endorsements. This always brings excitement and expectations!

Had it not been "leaked" a little early, we may have bypassed all this. But, this smoke has already escaped and we all know how expensive it is to put back in! I think I'll just pull up a chair and relax until it unfolds and know where it's going :popcorn:

What an incredible time to be interested in vaporization! We've got it so good now we worry about unreleased vapes!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
In the upper chamber, "the best cooling effect came with simple nuts and washers. It is the combination of high mass and lots of surfaces to create turbulence, with the shapes and threads in the nuts."

IMO The higher mass of SS as a cooling unit will likely show its drawbacks during session usage, as the conductivity of saturated/heat soaked steel will eventually start warming things up instead of cooling things down.

CheebaChiefer

HEY! Mr. TinyMight Maker!

bob-barker-come-on-down.jpg
Fat Freedy you are correct sir! Why doesn’t VilleKille2 come on and support his new vape? I understand Ville Johan Savolanien is busy but as an example he hasn’t posted in over a year and a half on his Venus Apollo site here on FC!! Why the shyness routine? I hope this new vape has better build quality than the Apollo had. I have two Apollo’s purchased in early 2018 and both had to be sent in for warranty repair. Both had the same exact defects! Considering those two vapes set me back $650, that shouldn’t have happened.

this is just a miniaturized Apollo sans the retarded popsicle control board.

Now having said that, should I hear good reports on build quality I might give Ville another chance.

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

mephisto

I placed my order as soon as this thread appeared and Sticks gave his impression. My order states that it
is complete, so I sincerely hope that the maker sent me the original design. I am a mechanic, I love nuts and bolts. Especially stainless steel nuts and bolts. Its great to have an opinion, even better when that becomes an "informed" opinion. Until then, it would be a shame to delay release of this vape due to a few grumbles.
Wait until you actually use the device, then feel free to wave your pom poms however you like. This whole community used to be a lot more chill. Now it feels like an ambush every time a new product is unveiled.
If I bought this device and did not like nuts and bolts, I would build my own goddamn cooling unit instead of bitching about someone else's.

John Coaltrain

I suspect that the simplest way to get to the bottom of the "nuts and bolts" question is to see an image of the cooling unit.

There is a post above which embeds the following photograph – but which hasn't received any confirmation if it depicts what is in question or not:

Can anyone confirm that these are the "nuts and bolts" in question?

I had envisioned random nuts and bolts just kind of rattling around loosely in there. This is much better (if it's correct). It's basically the same principle as a Mighty cooling unit – a succession of antechambers which cool the vapour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom