TinyMight / TM 2

RelaxedNow

I’ve now tried the Mistvape capsules in the Tinymight.

I went for a walk outside at about 40F this afternoon, then used one again inside this evening. It took an extra hit or two to get good vapor while on my walk, so I assumed it was because of the ambient temperature. However, using it inside this evening, and getting a similar result, I realized that it’s the nature of the capsules (as others have reported). Overall though, the capsules work well, and an extra draw or two is a small price to pay for the convenience. I don’t see myself using capsules much at home though.

As to why the long capsule heat-up time, I think it’s not only due to the necessity(?) of heat-soaking the capsule, but perhaps also due to the loose fit in the stem and the resulting wasted heat that is bypassing the weed.

I’m going to see Cold War Kids, Saturday night, and Tinymight is going along. THAT’S what capsules are made for!

EDIT: Also wanted to mention, I’m getting no weird operational stuff from removing the battery or any other action. It always does exactly what it’s supposed to, with regard to on/off, vibrating, etc.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Are you sure it's the temp dial?
Yeah, I'm sure. It's not by a lot by any means, but it protrudes.

The torx screw in the middle of the bottom plate protrudes and my TM doesn't stand flat and wobbles a bit
I just tested this by placing the TM on the edge of a table with the temp dial extended over the edge, and yes, the torx screw also protrudes a bit too, but it's not as much as my temp dial.

@Stu
When did you place your TM order?
I ordered on 12/26, so it was about three weeks wait for me.

:peace:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I just tested this by placing the TM on the edge of a table with the temp dial extended over the edge, and yes, the torx screw also protrudes a bit too, but it's not as much as my temp dial.

Tried same the other way round and yes, the temp dial is protruding too here, but not as much as the torx.

Is any TM out there standing flat on a flat surface without any wobbling?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Sounds like an adhesive-lined felt, rubber, or leather pad may be a nice aftermarket piece... hint.

Protrusions like that are cause for concern around my house. They do damage from dents to scratches. Home harmony depends on due consideration of the furniture. Just like screen protectors, this can be easily upgraded by the user by simple adding a pad like everything else sitting on tables and antiques has. I can fix the screw but the dial remains to be seen as to the anomaly.

Last edited:

LabPong

Although you have to click "3 times" so fast that I'm not sure I actually can count how many times I actually click before something happens...

I found the button action to be pretty easy to do the 3 click on/off compared to most all the other vapes that use this type of on/off method I have. I was happy to find it is a 3 click and not a stupid 5 click.

Sounds like an adhesive-lined felt, rubber, or leather pad may be a nice aftermarket piece... hint.

I would normally do this with such situations as I like to build/tweak/hack stuff all the time. But for me I do not find the .5mm extrusion from the temp dial or torx screw is enough to cause worry about standing it on its bottom. I actually seem to leave it on its side when I leave it sitting on my desk.

But yes...if that tiny bit of extrusion was not there...it would be more stable standing on end.

In other news......I find the Tiny Might to be the closest experience to taking single rig hits or bowl hits when combusting. By this I mean how quick and easy it is to go from flower bud to taking the draw with such little time waiting for heat up and the overall act of consuming when vaping flower. But keep in mind I do not use the stock stem and cooling unit configuration. The simple 18mm male jointed stem works so well with a rimless basket screen in it.

I did some experimenting last night with the screen distance from heater with the stem. I moved the screen half way down into the stem and found it didn't hurt performance at all. In fact I think it worked better for taste possibly. I have to test more though to be sure as I need to do this with different strains to see if that makes any diff.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

So yeah, hope it doesn't spoil your fun, but that shouldn't be the case I think. My temp dial sits 100% flush at any setting. I don't mind the torx screw protruding a bit as it doesn't create much inbalances (it's also not very edgy @TommyDee, won't scratch surfaces), but I would mind the dial sticking out even more. I recommend asking the TM crew about it.

Edit: Tried the default short stem last night for the first time, was surprised about how little difference it makes to the XL stem.

Terpenetime

I don't mind the torx screw protruding a bit as it doesn't create much inbalances

Could you make it sit flush by shaving a small amount off the other end of the screw? :hmm:

I.e. does this issue arise because the length of the screw is very slightly too long or is it a different problem?

Terpenetime,

RelaxedNow

Hey guys,
Just a quick question:
If you preorder the TM and pay with paypal, do you pay instantly or once it gets sent out?
Have a nice day

Paypal charged my card instantly.

Mine wasn’t charged to PayPal until the day I received it.

Still in the honeymoon phase. Did a little wake and bake this morning. Had to.

im not a robot

my apologies if this is a redundant question, i am just confused re stem sizes & compatibilities, so just to double check, these

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/xl8r-mouthpiece-for-splinter?variant=27920027779156
https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/rastabuddhatao/products/milaana-glass-mouthpiece
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/dome-screen-pack-for-splinter?variant=13616895361108

should work with the tinymight?
are there any others?
i know i will want to experiment, and i really like the way this jhook looks @Shit Snacks !

& should i be concerned about this xl8r warning: "may not fit us custom splinters and splinter zs sold prior to january 2019”
?
thanks..

BestBuds

The Dude
my apologies if this is a redundant question, i am just confused re stem sizes & compatibilities, so just to double check, these

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/xl8r-mouthpiece-for-splinter?variant=27920027779156
https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/rastabuddhatao/products/milaana-glass-mouthpiece
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/dome-screen-pack-for-splinter?variant=13616895361108

should work with the tinymight?
are there any others?
i know i will want to experiment, and i really like the way this jhook looks @Shit Snacks !

& should i be concerned about this xl8r warning: "may not fit us custom splinters and splinter zs sold prior to january 2019”
?
thanks..
The RBT stems are used upside-down. The mouthpiece end is what goes into the TM. The ground glass goes to your mouth or j-hook or whatever. I would stick to the shortie stem personally because I don't think a screen would fit in a xl8r.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Yes, this screens won't fit. I built some fitting with a more or less even surface from standard dome screens from DH.

These are two pics of my RBT stems. Not all do really fit well, and the inner diameter of the outer right ones is simply to small to use it. Best fit the two on the left side, followed by the smoked. Keep this in mind, if you order RBT stems for the TM :(

Last edited:

im not a robot

I would stick to the shortie stem personally because I don't think a screen would fit in a xl8r.

Yes, this screens won't fit

thanks! i was close to ordering one of the xl8r..
i am just in shopping spirits, christmas hangover, for now i should really just wait at least until this thing gets here.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
You can use the XL8R as a stem direktly, the long cools enough, or as a WPA. But cause of the first nipple it's very fiddly to set up the screen :(

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You can use the XL8R as a stem direktly, the long cools enough, or as a WPA. But cause of the first nipple it's very fiddly to set up the screen :(

Sorry LOL nipple, I'd call those dimples or spikes or indents, not sure it really meets the definition of a nipple :rofl:

FWIW mine also stands upright without wobble despite the slight screw protrusion, but I also mostly keep it on its side when not in use...

LabPong

I would stick to the shortie stem personally because I don't think a screen would fit in a xl8r.

I got a modded screen to fit fine off the first dimple..but that is not the problem. Getting the stem to seal around the oring is impossible. There is not enough flat space around where the glass meets the oring on the stem. So one of the XLR dimple type stems do not work.

But yes, stick to the straight sided shorty stems....maybe the gray glass color ones as the 2 that I have fit perfect for the cooler and the fit into the vape. Guess I got lucky getting these ones that work perfect with the TM?

thanks! i was close to ordering one of the xl8r..

Good thing you didnt.....

You can use the XL8R as a stem direktly, the long cools enough, or as a WPA. But cause of the first nipple it's very fiddly to set up the screen

Have you actually tried it? ......(insert my response to BestBuds from above).

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Have you actually tried it?

Only thing what keeps me from using the long XL8R permanently is this fiddling with the screen. Otherwise it's working great.
And the XL8R doesn't fit as perfectly as the original stem, it wobbles a bit, but sits tight enough for not falling out on its own.

e:
Sorry LOL nipple, I'd call those dimples or spikes or indents, not sure it really meets the definition of a nipple

haha damn, dimple not nipple, of course, seems I vaped tooooo much today

Last edited:

LabPong

Only thing what keeps me from using the long XL8R permanently is this fiddling with the screen. Otherwise it's working great.
And the XL8R doesn't fit as perfectly as the original stem, it wobbles a bit, but sits tight enough for not falling out on its own.

Are you using the long xl cooling stem or short one?
How are you maintaining the seal all the way around the stem and the big o-ring?
How far down is the stem into the vape?

LabPong,

datayoda

OMG. I did a session last night and I was walking on the moon in 3 bowls. This thing is amazing and will save me tons of weed. I get higher with way less flower than with my Argo. Love how warm the device gets. Not too hot. The buzzing is a bit weird but who cares. The cooling is Nobel prize worthy. Super efficient for the size! Really happy with the tinymight.

Top Bottom