TinyMight / TM 2

sickmanfraud

I'm ripping my hair out cause I just put an order for the Timber from vapwood and now I'm seeing all these super optimistic reviews about this vape. My VAS is uncontrollable right now haha. Can anyone comment on how hot the device gets after a few sessions? Like is it manageable?

I can't address the TM but I can tell you that the Timber Elite is one amazing vape. I haven't even used one stem worth of cannabis in any (all combined) of my RBT vapes since the Timber landed.

@Bravesst hit a homerun with the Elite. If the TM gives as much pleasure as the Timber everyone will be thrilled.

There are lots of different rumors on how to treat a battery esp. referring to its first usage (charging over night prior to 1st use even when full etc.), but I can assure you that they at least do not apply to the Li-Ion batteries being used in the TM. No need to worry (here).

I believe you are mistaken. We are advised to "overcharge" before first heating precisely on these 18650 Li-Ion cells.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I love how this thread was a big weird ball of hate for a while when no one had the vape.

Now, everyone who's received the vape is giving stellar reviews, and singing it's praise.

Maybe the manufacturer made the right choice to stay silent, and let the vape speak for itself :tup:

My VAS is gettin' itchy :freak:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
We are advised to "overcharge" before first heating precisely on these 18650 Li-Ion cells.

No – I heavily researched this topic since I've been using Li-Ions for quite a while now. There's no need to prime these types of batteries.

https://gemini-lights.com/pages/how-to-charge-a-lithium-ion-battery

Maybe the manufacturer made the right choice to stay silent, and let the vape speak for itself :tup:

Good point, seriously. I'd like to add that there might be cultural aspects coming into play as well – I hope nobody gets me wrong, but it is not very typical for a European company being as close to a community as you can often observe here on fc, it's actually a very u.s.-American approach.

Last edited:

Bazinga

If the unit should require a warranty repair, must it be shipped to Finland.

Also, on another thread I'm advised to also consider the Splinter Z v2. For those who have both, could you please provide some guidance.

Bazinga,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I love how this thread was a big weird ball of hate for a while when no one had the vape.

Now, everyone who's received the vape is giving stellar reviews, and singing it's praise.

My VAS is gettin' itchy :freak:

Funny how that works. That's one reason I went silent. No amount of explaining could bring everyone back from the bitter hole they had jumped into. They just had to experience it for themselves. Luckily things have gotten back on track.

I will try and answer any device questions that I can now that things have settled down a bit, but in regards to when they will be in stock, just know that the bulk order is still being processed and I am waiting like everyone else for devices to be made. Its a one man shop still, so whenever they are ready is when I will have them.

As for warranty, @Siebter is correct. Any devices that are purchased through KGWoodcrafts here in the United States will have their warranties serviced through KGWoodcrafts provided they have proof of purchase through the KGWoodcrafts website. We want to be able to provide customers with a complete solution, not just a sale. :cheers:

Bazinga

I'm on the east coast. There is no indication, on the link you provided, as to when she will be offering them for sale.

Khelek - Assuming I did not want o wait for the TinyMight (although is does check off all my boxes) what on demand vape would you recommend that is closest to the the TinyMight? I noticed that you possess quite a few on-demand vapes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubmonkey

Used the TM again last night and tried using the set up @MonkeyTime linked to. Pulled my Splinter z mouth piece and tried to slip it into the TM. It worked. The part that didn’t work is the fitting of the cooling chambers and any kind of basket, so it was a no go for me. Tried using the extra light stem from the Musa which has a 18mm male at the end. The tube itself didn’t fit the TM so that didn’t work.

Kept thinking there has to be a way to connect this awesome device to a water piece.

Then I remembered a trick @lazylathe showed me for the miniVap. Using the silicone cone from the minivap as a seal to a female joint. So I took a minivap silicone cone and placed it on to the stock TM glass stem where your mouth would go. Loaded up some material in the basket area and inserted the tube into the TM. Then turned her on and placed the silicone cone into a open female 14mm joint and got a good seal. Was able to enjoy the TM through a water piece with using the stock stems. Now I know some might have issue with the silicone as I wish it was glass connection. But the silicone solution is working.

Had great vapor production and effects. Feels more thicker vapor can be produced with a water piece.

So far I love this little TM device. Very portable and is a powerhouse.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@Bazinga There is currently no specified date since this is an artisan maker who is building everything by hand. We are giving him the time he needs so that everything can be made properly and correctly so that the customers get a device that is perfect right out the door. ;-)

As for alternative devices, I would say the closest I have come to potency and efficiency would be either the Milaana 2 or my Enano. I know the Enano is a desktop device, but comparing vapor to vapor, its probably the closest I've had to compare the TM to

Bazinga

@Bazinga There is currently no specified date since this is an artisan maker who is building everything by hand. We are giving him the time he needs so that everything can be made properly and correctly so that the customers get a device that is perfect right out the door. ;-)

I understand, however, an ETA would be nice. So, could you recommend the closest on-demand vape to to the TinyMight?

Bazinga,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I would hate to give an ETA and then be way off. That could cause people to get upset and I would like to avoid that. If I was to give an ETA, that would be purely based on what I think, and its really not up to me as these things take time to make. Being a maker myself, I can sympathize with how time consuming the build process can be, so I dont want to put too much pressure him.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No – I heavily researched this topic since I've been using Li-Ions for quite a while now. There's no need to prime these types of batteries.

While it's true that they exhibit less memory effect than previous generation chemistries, I wouldn't rule out the priming need so quickly. There are some valid reasons to perform it with some devices, and let's say that it doesn't hurt in general.

I've seen a few tests that showed no noticeable capacity decrease when not priming but those tests where made only over a limited amount of charge/discharge cycles and we don't know whether there really is no impact on the long term cycle life and/or the internal structure of the cell (notably the dendrites formation)

The most valid reason why it's often still recommended is for the calibration of the "fuel gauge" which requires a solid 100% to start with. But it's only the case for devices with non-removable internal battery, usually with a rather advanced BMS, like your cell phone or laptop packs etc.

But regarding what @sickmanfraud said above, the term over-charge is a bit incorrect (although it conveyed the correct intent) as good chargers should never get above the 4.2V mark. Yet it's true some will tell you they are done but still continue to charge at a very low current for some time (to eventually cut off when it's really too low of course) so you might think the cell is fully charged but you could still cram a few extra mAh's in there by letting it sit longer..

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@KeroZen – This might be interesting for you → https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prime_batteries (the „Lithium-ion“-paragraph, of course).

Whatever the outcome on the passivation of Li-ion may be, there is no parallel to the “memory” effect with NiCd batteries that require periodic cycling to prevent capacity loss. The symptoms may appear similar but the mechanics are different. Nor can the effect be compared to sulfation of lead acid batteries.

Bazinga

I would hate to give an ETA and then be way off. That could cause people to get upset and I would like to avoid that. If I was to give an ETA, that would be purely based on what I think, and its really not up to me as these things take time to make. Being a maker myself, I can sympathize with how time consuming the build process can be, so I dont want to put too much pressure him.

I fully understand. I work in a larger business where we have plans, schedules, etc. A single craftsman is usually too busy making products to have to deal with these types of things. Happens all the time.

Since we do not have an ETA, I still would like to know which on-demand vape that you suggest as a close second to the TinyMight. This is the 3rd time I've asked you. If you would rather not respond to this question, please feel free to say so. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in providing an answer. I won't be offended if you choose to decline my request.

Bazinga,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I fully understand. I work in a larger business where we have plans, schedules, etc. A single craftsman is usually too busy making products to have to deal with these types of things. Happens all the time.

Since we do not have an ETA, I still would like to know which on-demand vape that you suggest as a close second to the TinyMight. This is the 3rd time I've asked you. If you would rather not respond to this question, please feel free to say so. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in providing an answer. I won't be offended if you choose to decline my request.

Sorry, I figured you would have seen the edit that I did on the previous post about the Milaana 2 and Enano. Those are the closest experience I have had to the TinyMight. I wasn't trying to avoid your question, I had already answered it and figured you would have seen it. If the Enano doesnt work for you and you want to stick with portables, the RBT Milaana 2, Splinter Z, etc would be the best comparable devices from my personal experience

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As for warranty, @Siebter is correct. Any devices that are purchased through KGWoodcrafts here in the United States will have their warranties serviced through KGWoodcrafts provided they have proof of purchase through the KGWoodcrafts website.

Are you the exclusive US distributor of this product?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: YaMon

Bazinga

Sorry, I figured you would have seen the edit that I did on the previous post about the Milaana 2 and Enano. Those are the closest experience I have had to the TinyMight. I wasn't trying to avoid your question, I had already answered it and figured you would have seen it. If the Enano doesnt work for you and you want to stick with portables, the RBT Milaana 2, Splinter Z, etc would be the best comparable devices from my personal experience

Great, thanks !! didn't realize you had previously answered. I would really like to acquire the TM. Just don't know if the wait is 1 or 6 months or somewhere in between. Based on the responses so far, I'm leaning towards the Splinter.

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Great, thanks !! didn't realize you had previously answered. I would really like to acquire the TM. Just don't know if the wait is 1 or 6 months or somewhere in between. Based on the responses so far, I'm leaning towards the Splinter.

Since you are new here btw, you can make a post in the Ask FC thread for recommended on demand convection vapes... Each product thread is really supposed to only discuss said product. Or just head on over to the Splinter/Z threads if that is where you're leaning now, lot of helpful folks and plenty of tips over there!

FYI I emailed with creator, he is on track, but you never know when something in the supply chain could slow things down, especially around the holidays. I am more than happy to wait though, and he also does not charge you for the pre order until your TinyMight is ready to ship!

LongDraw

@invertedisdead at the moment, we (KGWoodcrafts) are, however that is subject to change as things grow and evolve. We hope to be able to grow right along side with TinyMight to offer the US a complete solution to TinyMight products

Hi Khelek41girl,

Not sure if this would ever be possible, but for those who ordered directly through the manufacturer it would be nice if for an option, at a fee, we could send it to you for repairs. Figure this could benefit you as it brings in business for repairs. Understandably going through you would not allow us to use any type of warranty that may come from the device. Personally i would see myself choosing that route then shippng all the way back.

LongDraw,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
A little hint for those who may find their cooling unit not sit properly inside the tube after deepcleaning (& removing & reinstalling the 2 o rings): I saw my cu sliding down the tube by sheer gravitational force after my last two cleaning sessions, both times swapping the o rings did the trick. I think they have a slightly different thickness, not sure though.

[I still wonder why everyone's writing „TinyMight“ - it's „Tinymight“]

Top Bottom