Tincture way too strong... in the bad way

Max1045

I tried making tincture a few weeks ago and have been pretty disappointed with the results. I did a little reading online, which pointed to everclear being the best option for the alcohol base. I decarbed it after grinding for about 45 minutes at 230, and then poured it into a mason jar. I filled the mason jar up to the level of weed (I ground about an ounce of fairly low quality stuff), shook it for 10 minutes, and let it set for six hours, shaking it a few times every hour.

My big problem is that it's way too strong to let sit under my tongue. It burns me without fail, and it seems like it's not as strong as I was expecting it to be. Even struggling through a few droppers full leaves me with less than I'd get from a few good hits off my vaporizer. Is there any way to make it more usable? Is there something I could mix it with, maybe?

Max1045,

pseudox

Yes, do not put it under your tongue, Ive made this mistake also. Id recommend using my recipe with your material here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/master-wus-green-dragon-tincture-w-abv.15910/ if you make more. I would mix it with orange juice. The method you described probably would make more of green dragon then tincture. If you want to use your method, You should let it sit for AT LEAST 2 weeks. 6 hours is not enough. I know my recipe uses heat with high proof everclear, but it is relatively safe if you have a stove hood. Also my method will increase potency from needing a shot or 2 with your method, where as mine you would need a few dropper fulls. Dont forget to decarb if you use fresh flower.

pseudox,
Reactions: Max1045

cptchronic

Evaporate some of the alcohol in a Pyrex dish with a fan. I would stop when you have as little of the alcohol as possible, maybe try doing this with just some plain everclear beforehand that way you can see how long you need. If you accidently evaporate it all, just add more everclear to your desired level and it will redissolve

sickmanfraud

go over to grass city. Then go to Marijuana usage and then Incredible edible herb. \

Under Incredible edible herb there is a thread called another tincture thread. There is an index.

I would suggest making a honey elixir as infused honey is easier to keep in your mouth.

Top Bottom