Tincture/Vaping

Tincture/Vaping which hits the body quicker?

• Tincture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaping

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Rebelistic

Is a tincture just a name for a concentrate that you can also vape or is it just for oral use (eg swallow a few drops of tincture)?
I think vaping will hit much quicker than eating a tincture. Vaping a concentrate will be the fastest method I guess :-)
Do you mean "hits the body" as a specific effect (like couchlock or euphoria) or do you just mean how quickly does the cannabis take effect?

Rebelistic,

cobra505

Defined
tinc·ture
ˈtiNG(k)(t)SHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a medicine made by dissolving a drug in alcohol.
    "the remedies can be administered in the form of tinctures"
    synonyms: solution, suspension, infusion, elixir
    "tincture of iodine"

Google is your friend!

cobra505,

cobra505

Defined
Is a tincture just a name for a concentrate that you can also vape or is it just for oral use (eg swallow a few drops of tincture)?
I think vaping will hit much quicker than eating a tincture. Vaping a concentrate will be the fastest method I guess :-)
Do you mean "hits the body" as a specific effect (like couchlock or euphoria) or do you just mean how quickly does the cannabis take effect?
Ya what will go to the blood stream faster. You agree with my wife she said the same thing. I asked another question about this when it comes to mixing. I don't think you can vape a tincture. I think the mixture for a tincture is different than the mixture for what you would use to vape. I mean would you really want to put something in a vape pen that was mixed with 150 proof Alcohol? Probably not!

cobra505,

cloudsosmoke

dont use concentrates myself so no experience
but i saw this

Germany legalised medical cannabis recently (few months)
this is from storz and bickel medical site for volcano medic

seems alcohol tincture is ok if alcohol is first evaporated away with low heat

Dronabinol
In Germany ∆9-THC (dronabinol) is produced by THC-Pharm and Bionorica Ethics in a partly synthetic manner or directly from hemp flowers. The extracted pure substance is used as a formula magistralis for pharmacies in Germany that manufacture capsules or liquids dissolved in neutral oil or alcohol for oral application. The dronabinol dissolved in alcohol is also appropriate for vaporization and subsequent inhalative application.

Alcoholic solution
Use only approved dronabinol (THC) as it is manufactured as a formula magistralis from pharmacies. ∆9-THC (dronabinol) is a colorless, odorless and odor-free substance of honey-like viscosity.The pharmacy produces an alcohol solution according to your physician's prescription (generally 2.5% THC) for inhalation with the VOLCANO MEDIC Vaporization System.

Dronabinol (THC) dissolved in oil is not suitable for vaporization and is intended for oral administration.

and

Cannabis extracts and pure cannabinoids - dissolved in alcohol - need a substrate to be vaporized. Therefore a liquid pad made of stainless steel wire was developed, fitting perfectly into the filling chamber. The wire of the liquid pad has a surface area of approx. 100 cm² that is sufficient for vaporization. The liquid pad can absorb up to 20 drops of alcoholic solution without any problems.

As the alcoholic fraction is not supposed to be inhaled a separation is necessary and can be executed easily. The filling chamber with the liquid pad is placed on the hot air generator and air with a temperature up to 100°C is pumped through the liquid pad. In this temperature range, the cannabinoids do not vaporize, but the alcohol evaporates quickly. After the alcohol has vaporized, which, because of the alcohol's distinctive odor, can easily be determined by an olfactory test, the 'AIR' is turned off and the device is heated to 210°C. The cannabinoids will now be vaporized from the liquid pad and subsequently be inhaled. Dronabinol has neither odor nor taste and it can be easily vaporized at higher temperatures.

link
http://www.vapormed.com/shop_eu/en/dronabinol/

cloudsosmoke,

J Bong

The weed goodies will have to be isolated from the alcohol in order to reattach it to the vegetable glycerin. It would be a better idea to combine decarboxylated weed in your VG and heat to speed up the process. I've only heard of how to make vape juice from acquaintances and I am not sure if the VG will not bind properly if you simply combine decarb and pre-made juice.

J Bong,
Top Bottom