Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I just got off the phone with a customer. Man, I love this place, great conversation. I think we've both had all the same vapes. It was nice actually telling someone in person how cool LB is. I tried not to sound like a commercial as I listed all its features. He was concerned the coil might come loose over time, valid concern.

Many steps have been taken to secure the coil so that it never budges. It's mounted on a 1 inch wood disk and fixed in place with screws. There are tiny holes drilled in the disk to allow wires to pass through to the switchbox. The coil mesh is directly connected to uninsulated 18 gauge wire with uninsulated splice connectors, which form the end posts. The disk is mounted, and secured at the bottom of the bowl in a one inch dia. X 3/16 deep hole with a #0 screw.

The coil runs parallel to the long side of the unit, and looks like a tennis net before it is rolled into a perfectly spaced / six layer coil. There are no bends or creases, just a steady *roll*, much like my avatar. It's about a half inch deep, but sits an 1/8" above the disk, and about 2mm below the screen above. It is the exact same shape as the space that it's in. From below the switchbox pins the disk in place as well.

You can thank @Alan for the genius design that I believe has changed everything. I'm proud, and very thankful, to have one such well formed coil in every LB.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello FC!!!

Great day in the shop today. I'm pretty much done with the wood bodies. Mortises cut, switchbox cutout cut, holes drilled. Next is to build the switchboxes and back plates. Moving right along.

I have a nice little system in place. New build set ups abound, making things a bit more productive for the same amount of work. It's fascinating to me to apply woodworking principles to Lil' Bud, but they work. I decided to write a blog article about LB's build process. It's long and boring, but it spells it out pretty good. I'm only up to the wood part, but I hit the publish button if you wanna ready it. It's on the website under *blog feed*. I figured why clog up FC with minutia?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Cool will definitely give that blog a read to get mind off things . Sad day for me here, had to put down my cocker spaniel . Fuck you degenerative disc disease , you took him way to soon and unexpectedly!!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Thanks all , I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, just felt good to vent amongst other vaping and Lil'bud viewers and users. I'm sober today thanks to that pooch . Will definitely remain sober in his honor .

I did read Bravesst's blog on LB's build process. Very fascinating read, well described and laid out. I recommend taking a couple minutes to read it if wanting to learn more about LB's How it's Made. Truly makes appreciating the meticulous work involved in hand crafting our Lil Buds even more.

http://www.mikestefano.com/2018/03/full-disclosure.html?m=1

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Some trouble shooting for new users...

So last night I loaded up my blonde walnut LB and screen was clogged (been about a week). I ripped it outta there, installed a new screen and loaded up. Damn if the session seemed a hair wispy. Taste was weak, vapor was hot. This lasted for 2 bowls when I realized I rushed my drying of this very dense bud, and it just didn't crumble into the fluffy powder that I like. It still had little *pebbles* left. Bottom line, these rock hard little nugs prevented the *flower puck*. After a stir, I was able to bring it back, tamp and get my puck. Air pockets will allow the hot air to sneak through and not evenly saturate the entire load. It might even feel a bit sharper, maybe hotter, but still wispier. More hot air, less vapor. Prep is important, as is tamping the flower puck, to get the best possible session.

@P.A.M. That is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do. It's crushing.
My *Lil' Bud* (LB is named for him) is my best friend.
HUT7aSm.jpg

The blog is a good read, and a place for me to rant away and not clog up this thread.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Thanks ladies and gents, I find comfort in people who knew him saying he had a good and happy life . he was a hyper and happy pooch and enjoyed everyday of his life aside from his last few . looking back I catch on to signs his back was giving in, it still came very unexpected. Here is the last pic taken of him
YbgupN7.jpg

Enjoy your pets and loved ones everyday like it's their last my friends. Thanks again FC for the moral support! You folks are al'right! I will take care .

NOW, on a more positive note and topic , guess who received a Lil'Bud in the mail today ! :rockon: Funny how life works isn't it! Pics to come , away from my batteries right now , glad they are charged up ! Initial thoughts are "it's so small" and "ever neatly crafted and well designed, looks very durable!! "

Thanks a million , Mike , sooo freakin awesome to hold it in my hands ! Can't wait to get home and give it a roast!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I hate to piss the punch but Hulkette just called and unit arrived but no bats (3) or charger.:shrug:
My error on the batteries, but the chargers have been out of stock, they should ship today. The batteries I can get out to you tomorrow. Again, no excuses, I effed up and I apologize.

@P.A.M.
So glad it arrived, not so bad to Canada from NY. Your pup was beautiful, and looks like a real sweety. I enjoy my little boy every day, and thank God I have him. He's the second Boston I've been blessed with.

LB is small. Remember, it's about building a practical house for the coil. If it weren't for the size of the battery, it could be even smaller, but that's the limiting factor. The elimination of glass from the design reduces the need for mass. Light and sleek.

Today was a bit tedious. I did some of the prep for the coil forming - same tasks over and over. But that should allow me to get move quickly (relative term) through the coil forming. I'd like to say I can do that in one day, and then fine tune at installation. We'll see tomorrow.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
D0wx4Zl.jpg

I am the proud new owner of this Lil' Bud ! :D
qVj27gi.jpg

It is a very nice pocketable size, the vape looks bigger on photos then actually is in hands , the button is smaller then I expected too. that is great thing for size of unit. I will have to take a few pics with common household items to give it some ratio.
SEIy109.jpg

The build quality is definitely there. Very impressive to witness in person the craftsmanship required to build such a small vape. Everything looks clean and very solid , I don't feel like I am going to break it at all. The battery lid magnets are strong and sturdy. Same for switch box and button.
dhDURrx.jpg

I'm not much of a flavor chaser , if a strain gets the job done , I'm one of those who can go without a flavourful bud. Don't get me wrong , I do prefer a good tasting bud, it just wasn't part of my needs in a portable and I didn't pay much attention to flavor talks on this thread.

It was a very pleasant surprise to find out the Lil' Bud can bring the flavor out of your bud . I don't currently have top shelf flavor flower and it still was very yummy tasting. I only tried it once so far (4 tokes ) all tokes were tasty , more then my vapcap and possibly equal or greater then my log. I'd have to sit with my LB and HI log to truly compare .
VyUfOpY.jpg

It got me vaked! Oh hell yeah! My first time trying a on-demand unregulated vape was a success! :brow: i can't wait to give it more go's to find my own technique/groove with it. It definitely works (gets you medicated) out of the box , so it won't be a waist of herb to get there, just fun . I loaded 0.06 and got a strong high and golden brown abv . Also looking forward to push this baby to its limits , its great knowing I'll have control of my desired extraction rate / abv color. I am very pleased with my initial trial.

So stoked to have a stem (roasting tube ) made by @Alan . That is so cool!! It looks and feels great! The stem and bowl portion too seem bigger in photos, I don't have worries of it being too big for micro-dosing anymore . It's perfect for it if anything, and "adjust-a-bowl" for bigger bowls too. Here is a photo of my Bamboo HI and Lil' Bud
uClLRb8.jpg

Now... excuse me , while I kiss the sky! -J.Hendrix

Thank you , Mike , the Lil' Bud answers my needs and more! Vape on!

TeeJay1952

All issues settled amicably.
3 quick stories before Hulkette stops over with full review.

1 With no bats in package she tried AA and AAA before she called me.

2 Bringing unit here and using my Zion extra bats she achieved coughing fit that caused her to piss my kitchen chair!
( I did not have that problem) {It is about the only one I don't}

3 Underdog stem, Zion Stem and Ed's TNT all fit!

New Vape signature for sure
Tee Jay 1952:rockon::myday:

Zabou

Glad to see all these wonderful reviews. Making someone even more excited than waiting time where he doesn't even know what to expect, proves that this device fulfilled their expectations and much more! as @Alan said, making people happy kinda of feels really good, but it also feels really good when someone stays happy even after he passes that "waiting" excitement and gets in his hands exactly what he was waiting for! Amazing! Keep it up.
Now i cant wait my turn to come on that list!! :) :)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Glad to see all these wonderful reviews. Making someone even more excited than waiting time where he doesn't even know what to expect, proves that this device fulfilled their expectations and much more! as @Alan said, making people happy kinda of feels really good, but it also feels really good when someone stays happy even after he passes that "waiting" excitement and gets in his hands exactly what he was waiting for! Amazing! Keep it up.
Now i cant wait my turn to come on that list!! :) :)

LB has been an open book. When you've got someone like Alan to consult with about every aspect of vape building, everything speeds in the right direction, no wasted experiments on shit that doesn't work. And, I stayed true to building the best vape I could build. The questions were always - would it be feasible for me to sell it at a fair price, and could I do this in a repeatable, efficient, ENJOYABLE manor, in a reasonable amount of time?

At this point you also know I will back up every LB I sell. You'll get no run around or BS. I'm not going to take your money and leave you sitting with no vape. It's a small operation, and in all reality, I can only build so many, and I have zero intention of trying to get bigger.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Man I love that people are getting LB's and enjoying them. What's really great is you appreciate what went into building Lil' Bud.
----------------------------------------------
Been *coiling* most of the day. Wound up with 7 finished. Not sure how the slow down happened (expected to get all ten done easily). I was just in slow motion, and when it comes to coils, there is NO RUSHING IT. Like I've said many times before, it will make or break the vape. I'm a morning guy. Tomorrow morning I'll bang out the last 3, and I bet it goes much faster. I was tired today.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
You mentioned liking the snow pic, thought I'd take a few minutes and take another couple with better sun shining on LB.
KcDBh8G.jpg

rwuIwMg.jpg

I am really liking this vape !!
potent, is the best word i can describe it with, it's very efficient. I did 3 bowls last night , 0.06 and 0.05ish. The last bowl was from a baggy I found with an old dry compact nug. I crushed it fine and Vaped it. I Don't remember what strain it was but it really knock me out, had been awhile since i had been that high.

Today, i did 2 bowls , both microdosing . i started with 0.034 and ended with 0.020 on the first bowl .

rP5P4uo.jpg

a6gBTMP.jpg

Above was this afternoon's sesh, below is tonight's on calculator .

G5zoK0N.jpg

CJ534Qy.jpg

I love that golden brown abv. It is very nice and even. Perfect for PB sandwich or yogurt mix. if I was to save those 2 sesh and vape them together I could get a darker color abv, get the few lighter grains left and probably get a glow from it but it's prettier much fully extracted to this point. That's what efficient vapes do!! My HI log acts the same .

My 0.03 bowls today barely covers the bottom of the screen. Today's sessions were about 3 to 5 tokes each .

My battery was charged at 4.11V and am currently at 3.79 with 5 bowls in and some fooling around being a new toy and all..

:tup: Very happy with my choice and purchase , time to clean the vapcap and give it to a friend in hopes he'll fuck combustion with it , i definitely don't need it anymore :ko:

Top Bottom