Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

HindelangGG

Thank you for the upcoming video :rockon:
Man the battery gauge starts looking awesome really nice work. You are getting ahead of your self;)

HindelangGG,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Today, sadly, was zero shop time, except for some organizing. Sometimes life can get in the way of the most serious effort. But we'll be back at it tomorrow. I had plenty of time to do mental work, as I had to ride the RR into Manhattan. Good day in that regard. I'm about to make a to-do list for myself that ends with ship Lil' Buds. Some mindless "testing" for tonight.

sickmanfraud

Today, sadly, was zero shop time, except for some organizing. Sometimes life can get in the way of the most serious effort. But we'll be back at it tomorrow. I had plenty of time to do mental work, as I had to ride the RR into Manhattan. Good day in that regard. I'm about to make a to-do list for myself that ends with ship Lil' Buds. Some mindless "testing" for tonight.

There is an old Yiddish saying "man plans and God laughs! (in Yiddish it even rhymes).

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Today truly was a work day. I was not happy sending out Lil' Bud with an inconvenient battery block that might not get used. So, that was today's job - Refine the Battery Block

I'm sure this is just a start, but it works really, really well, nothing to go wrong, once the block is in, you're safe. You can store the tab in the battery compartment, or in your battery case (better idea). I will include a bunch of little wood tabs with each Lil' Bud. The wood is 1/64 thick, and the perfect thickness for the job it does. Plastic tabs would work also.

Since this was the first time, it took me all freaking day to figure out just how best to create the little slot in the lid. It's a mini through mortise. Once I figured out what I needed to do, it wasn't bad. The slot is about 1/4 inch and 1/16 wide.

Just wanna add, this small work is tough, especially on the hands. Handling small parts, files, knives, sandpaper. I basically drilled 3 holes, chiseled, cut, filed, sanded each one, and then some. My hands are shot. Tomorrow, I have to build a jig that'll do most of the work. It's the perfect job for a router, except it's so small. Can you get 1/16 router bits? Let's find out.

One Minute Later...
Amazon is amazing, a minute later it is on its way.

wwtqoth.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravesst
Do we deduct $50 down payment from total?
Yes... the $50 is deducted from the final cost. If you've decided on what package you want, let me know and I'll figure out your balance.

@hindelangg
It is an elegant solution, one I've been racking my brain over. This gives me confidence in finding elegant solutions for everything. Today, I have to finish up the backplates, install battery floors, and something I am looking forward to, putting together the ultimate stir / pack / pick tool for Lil' Bud.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Today was about the stir / pack / pick tool(s). A good session depends on it. So for this venture, I've been working on a few ideas, but it's go time, and it's a stir stick, so I hadda get practical to meet my deadline. For now it's two 3/8 inch dowels. One the size of the short stem, one sized to the long stem. It functions well, and solves my biggest problem with stir tools, I can never find them. It's like the restroom key, only the big block of wood does something.

For times when it's difficult to get the screen to lock in place, sometimes a new clean stem. The longer dowel will support the screen from the top while you tamp down from below. It makes the hockey puck pretty easy. Once the stem gunks up a bit, the screen will fixate in place.

eQNuiYq.jpg

This might be the final battery gauge prototype, but I think I've worked it out. With this version, you can actually use it while the gauge functions as the back plate, but that's not the intention. I plan on offering these for sale. If you'd like one, let me know. I'll post on the website soon, might be available by next batch.

X7efeEm.jpg

This is the back that fits into the unit.
Lnor4x4.jpg

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Cool stir stick , battery gauge and website .

We still on schedule for this ?

If you didn't get a first batch email today, no sweat, next batch will be out next week.

I know stir sticks are important to some . that battery gauge will be seller that some might want shipped at same time as unit , that website upgrade will help smooth business side for you , just checking if were on schedule or what kind of delay to expect . I do admire your daily hard work and time dedicated to the Lil' Bud .

P.A.M.,
Reactions: Summer

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Cleaned up one last time, buffed to a smooth satin sheen finish. The feel as good as they look. All ten, ready to go. Next they get boxed up. And my stir tool on a stick is my new favorite tool, I always know where it is, and it's all I need to load. Once these guys ship, I'll do a quick video with Lil' Bud, stir tool, and battery gauge.

@PAM
Glad you like the new web store, organizes options pretty well. Yes, on time. Next batch is already on the workbench ready to be dimensioned. The battery block, stir tool and gauge set me back a day. Today I'm making sure everything is satisfactory, final heat application, beeswax touch up, just a real close look.
GjN4gn3.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That is the best shot yet. I am happy to say, screens just arrived and I like the way they fit / work. Each stem will get two. FSA

I have the house to myself tonight. I may take a shot at a video. I used to do videos for my fitness business all the time. I guess this isn't that different, accept I'll be sitting down getting ripped.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have a few announcements. First, shipping for Batch #1 is scheduled for Monday February 26. All domestic and European orders will ship USPS priority mail. All units are buffed to a fine shine, and will be packed up today. This is a really super big day for me, the official launch of Lil' Bud!

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread during this process. I will continue to be an open book, keeping quality high, listening to all the feed back. This is truly an honest, innovative effort, inspired by many things, but mostly @Alan, vape designing / building guru. It has been honed into a finely hand crafted, highly functional, dry herb vaporizer with zero shortcuts taken. I felt a void in the market for my perfect vape. I set out to fill that void, for myself, and now you the costumer. There are no gimmicks, hype, or fanfare associated with Lil' Bud, it's just built well. If there are any issues, I'll stand behind every one and fix or replace whatever is needed.

Thanks Again FC and FSA,
Mike

KlPOcSX.jpg

Secondly, to report on testing and what issues I found. The glass stem compromised some sessions and will be removed as an option on future sales. Lil' Bud is now only sold with a wood mouthpiece ($179). It bumps up pricing, but necessary. If someone is really interested in buying without the wood stem, I kept the Bare Bones option, but no mouthpiece. I just can't compromise the effect of all wood, with an ill fitting glass tube. The wood stems seat so perfectly, consistently.

Next, I will give away a free stir / pick / pack tool to all FC members. Just use your handle as the promo code.

More on testing. I have done lots of battery testing recently. I had six batteries in my rotation, using them for about six months, heavily I guess. I didn't rotate properly, and some are weakening, even if they register 375 on my cool new gauge, performance lags. I thought my batteries were good, had a consultation with Alan, and lo and behold, he was right once again. Just be aware of quality of battery. I'm going to try some different brands to see how they hold up in a comparison.

Just a word on the next batch. I've worked hard this past week, finishing up the ten while designing the battery block back plate and stir tool. Next batch will be a repeat, no design changes, should be very smooth sailing. Batch 2 will be my first batch where every single design element is finalized beforehand, as well as every process. I can't say how long it will take to build ten, but I'll be logging my time, answering that exact question. I start today.

And finally, the video will make it out before you get your Lil' Buds.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not to go completely off topic, but I am very excited. I just booked a trip to Denver during the 4/20 weekend. This will be a much needed few days off, and a visit to my friend Alan, during a great time. I'm sure there will be lots going on in Denver that weekend, but definitely some brainstorming. The concept of legal is still foreign to me, I'm gonna enjoy it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Jealous about Denver!

I had the darnedest time placing an order, Paypal kept failing. Then I remembered, I'm behind a VPN. Technology is great when it's simple!

I was going to wait to order until the video was out, but I figure there'll be a mad rush then!

Fantastic work @Bravesst ! I have no doubts without the video that this is going to be a favorite!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
What an impressive journey!

I for one will be proud to own a Lil' Bud and cherish it for the dedication in time and meticulousness of your work to provide us with an efficient, reliable and durable vaporizer. No fanfare , no bullshit , just a hard hitting vape built by a hard working man.

Your public relations and communications skills are excellent. Your mention of standing behind your work is testimony that we will receive a vaporizer that wasn't built in a rush or for profit but instead built for performance and to make people happy.

We're lucky to have craftsmen like you who love what they do and offer their skills to the rest of us.

Happy to ear you have a 4-20 trip plans to Denver. Some time off well deserved ! I can only imagine all the creativity that will come out from you & Alan sitting together.

much respect

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@MonkeyTime
Sorry about all that mix up with PayPal. All my fault when setting up the new store to the wrong account. Will have no effect on your actual order. Nice choice on the Walnut body and Cherry switch box. I can't wait to get started on the Walnut units.

@Pam
My #1 supporter. I truly appreciate all that you do, down in the trenches. Let's hope Lil' Bud will speak for himself when he gets out there.

Top Bottom