Three Ascent Vaporizers - all non functioning

wonder35

When I purchased my first Ascent it lasted a couple of months and then broke down. After contacting the folks in Las Vegas they sent me a replacement model, much appreciated.

Within a few days of receiving my new unit another one arrived in the mail. I phoned LV and let them know of the mistake. I was told to standby and they would check with their Canadian distributer. After a couple of weeks I called back to say that I still had the extra vaporizer, never heard back from anyone.

Its a good thing that I had that extra model because my second one died within a year. Naturally I hauled my bonus vaporizer out and began to use it. NOW IT HAS PACKED IT IN AS WELL.

I am a senior citizen who occasionally takes a puff to combat the pain of osteoarthritis. Usually my CBD capsules (negligible traces of THC) keep things under control but a puff perhaps twice a month will assist.

Why do these Ascent units keep failing? One died, no power at all. Another would shut down within 10 seconds of reaching its desired temperature (400F). This latest failure, #3 unit, seems to be stuck at 71F and will not shut down.

HELP ...................

wonder35

HELP ...................Switch to another vape, there is no shortage of options.

When I had the first unit go down weeks after purchasing it I asked the question if we were getting an older outdated model in Canada. The serial numbers seemed to indicate this in all 3 of mine. I was told not to worry but it was acknowledged that there was a newer version on the market.

Does this newer one solve the problems that I have encountered? My last 2 were ser. # 2AA1 056911 and 2AA1 056915?

Agreed, I am looking at other makes but dropping nearly $300 (Cdn dollar Vs US) for my DaVinci seems to have been a bad purchase, unless they have an improved version to send me.

wonder35,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
Arizer solo Canadian made a hundred and ten bucks.
Awesome battery great customer service so far and works like a champ.
Very simple to use and maintain and is a weed mieser.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Probably faced the design problem due to the 3 wire pairs passing through the hinge. Did you swivel the bottom part the full 180° when you opened it?

KeroZen,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Aye! Well that's the culprit unfortunately, not enough strain relief on those wires. I'd recommend to not open the bottom more than 90° or less... just enough to access the bowl in fact, the least the better.

If you are tech-savvy you could attempt to repair it yourself maybe? But it's a bit of a PITA to open the bottom part of the device...

KeroZen,

Vaporware

If you’re out of warranty and still want an Ascent, I read a report here recently about replacement units being offered for $60 US, so I’d contact support and explain your situation.

I have to say though, while I do still like a number of things about the Ascent, I don’t believe that it’s among the most efficient vaporizers available, and I’m not sure it’s the best for your purposes.

If you just want a little once in a while instead of a whole 10-15 min session like the Ascent is designed for, a device that uses convection heating (rather than conduction like the Ascent), and/or something that works well with small amounts of material might be better for you.

A VapCap ($60-200 US depending on model) may be a good option for you. It should last a lifetime, and you can stick it in a drawer for a year, take it out and use it immediately because it’s heated with a little butane torch lighter (or a candle or whatever safe heat source you can come up with). You can also load a pretty small amount which may be good if you have a low tolerance due to your infrequent use. I use as little as 0.01g in it right now.

There are plenty of good options out there though, so if you want more recommendations just let us know what matters to you in a vaporizer and we can point you toward something that might work out better for you.

Or you can try contacting DaVinci support like I said and hopefully get a cheap replacement. There are still good things about the Ascent, and if you’re used to features it has that most don’t, or if you just really like the whole package when it works, it may be worth the problems you’ve had. Despite a couple of manufacturing flaws in mine, it still runs after almost 4 years without special treatment, so they’re not all duds. The DaVinci IQ might also be a good substitute if you can’t trust the Ascent again.

One other thing to consider; batteries require some maintenance, and it’s possible that if you haven’t followed the recommended procedures when storing it for long periods, you may have damaged the batteries. I don’t think that’s the most likely possibility, but something to double check if you stick with a DaVinci (or any battery powered) vaporizer.

Vaporware,
Top Bottom