• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thoughts on plastic doob tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
So when I bought my Mighty from puffitup, I also grabbed a set of doob tubes. These things look really convinient for storing soon to be used herbs.

But upon opening it, they smelled like straight up plastic. I know if I wash them the plastic smell would probably go away, but I then thinking if the plastic impurities would leech into the herb.

I was thinking of getting glass test tubes with corks.

So my question is, how relatively safe do you think these doo tubes are in storing herb?

TheMadDabber,

BuzzDanklin

I got a few, and used them for a bit, but I ended up going right back to JyARz.

I also had the strong plastic smell with mine, I put a bit of ISO on a thin sheet of paper towel and wiped them out, then I let them sit out for a day or two with the lids off to fully air out. After this the smell was mostly gone, but they still do have some plasticy smell.

GOOREGON

plastic leaches into everything eventually i would go for jyarz like the gentleman above me stated.they are so awesome. waterproof and smellproof.and dont worry about it breaking.even when youre 4000ft on top of a mtn...yeah that happened.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Official doob tubes are made from polycarbonite plastic. It is considered a food safe plastic. Although I believe these tubes do contain BPA which can be an issue when heated with boiling liquids (like a baby's bottle).

However since you aren't cooking/heating in the tube, you're perfectly safe.

For reference, I also stock Doob Tubes on my store - mine were shipped with tops in a separate bag. This allowed the tubes to "air out" while in storage. I don't cap the tops until right before shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom