This vid is sooo interesting, I think it deserves it's own thread.....

lwien

....or move it in the "Still in the Press" thread. It's the largest panel that I have ever seen debating this issue, although the panel IS a bit lopsided..........poor ex-head of DEA ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALc0wVFfIKs

Don't know how to embed this video............sorry.

lwien,

Rmpl Stltskn

Good to see some semi-rational talk about the economic vs moral arguments on mainstream news.
This should be a reminder to stay active, fight the propaganda and work for access not just for patients, but for for connoisseurs too!

From another thread:
buddhaholic420 said:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/openforquestions/ I did a search on our sacred herb and our voices seem to be all over this place. PLease log in and submit a question and vote on others specifically what we all want which is legalization.
I agree with this, and I would like to remind everyone posting to put some thought into this. A bunch of comments just saying "I should have the right to get stoned", while true, probably won't help the cause.

Rmpl Stltskn,

Frickr

i was dissappointed in the live feed with obama... all the top questions in most of the topics were for legalizing and taxing marijuana. and when the question was brought up, everyone in the room laughed and obama passed it off as a big joke.

so even though americans are speaking up, noones really listening up top.

Frickr,

max

Out to lunch
so even though americans are speaking up, noones really listening up top.
They're going to stop overriding state laws with DEA busts. That's a step in the right direction. As more states lower the penalties for possession and/or approve medical mj, the national tone will change. Legalization as a reality, is many, many years away (maybe many decades away). It's going to be a slow process, with small steps, and some steps could be backwards, depending on who's in the White House in future years.

max,

lwien

How long did the debates go on about prohibition before it was repealed?

lwien,

CapnVape

Yesterday they go against their word and raid another MMJ club in Cali http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/3/25/223426/533 . And then, today, the POS mocks the entire community of people who are sick of the draconian drug laws, literaly laughing at us. The same man who, if caught smoking that weed he used to smoke or the coke he used to sniff in college, would probably still be in prison now.

CapnVape,

lwien

That dispensary may have broken some state laws. Don't know though.

lwien,

CapnVape

lwien said:
That dispensary may have broken some state laws. Don't know though.
So, even if they broke a tax law, like I believe the DEA is saying, why a big swat style raid and take all the medicine. Is that due process if you are involved in a legal marijuana business, no due process at all for dopers.

ps. I love the way they go in with gas masks on, fucking losers

CapnVape,

lwien

I heard it was something about clones/seeds. Don't know the details, but being that it came out that the DEA will ONLY raid if dispensaries are not following BOTH state AND federal laws, the dispensaries better read up on Calif. law and follow it TO THE LETTER, otherwise, they WILL get busted.

They can't expect ANY mercy from the DEA on this. They gotta make sure that ALL of their "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted.

lwien,

CapnVape

lwien said:
I heard it was something about clones/seeds. Don't know the details, but being that it came out that the DEA will ONLY raid if dispensaries are not following BOTH state AND federal laws, the dispensaries better read up on Calif. law and follow it TO THE LETTER, otherwise, they WILL get busted.

They can't expect ANY mercy from the DEA on this. They gotta make sure that ALL of their "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted.
Don't you think it's a bit dishonest for the government to say they are not going to target dispensaries, then to spend time and money looking for uncrossed t's so they can send in a friggin SWAT team. How much time and money are law enforcement still wasting obsessing over MMJ?

And I have read that the DEA is not saying why they did the raid http://cbs5.com/local/medical.marijuana.raid.2.968019.html . They SWAT team a bunch of sick people, but they aren't saying why except, ""Based on our investigation we believe there are not only violations of federal law, but state law as well". Sounds like every other raid that happened before Eric Holder announced they would end.

Peace

CapnVape,

lwien

CapnVape said:
Don't you think it's a bit dishonest for the government to say they are not going to target dispensaries, then to spend time and money looking for uncrossed t's so they can send in a friggin SWAT team.
Yes, it WOULD be dishonest, but that's NOT what they said. They NEVER said that they are not going to target dispensaries. You can't read into their statements that which you WOULD LIKE to believe is true.
The fact is, is that if a dispensary breaks ANY state law regarding MMJ, then they SHOULD expect a visit from the DEA.

Things are gonna take some time to change so the only safety umbrella now is state laws and the dispensaries better gear up and follow them to the letter for they will continue to be under the DEA's microscope until the Fed changes IT'S laws.

lwien,

CapnVape

lwien said:
Yes, it WOULD be dishonest, but that's NOT what they said. They NEVER said that they are not going to target dispensaries. You can't read into their statements that which you WOULD LIKE to believe is true.
The fact is, is that if a dispensary breaks ANY state law regarding MMJ, then they SHOULD expect a visit from the DEA.

Things are gonna take some time to change so the only safety umbrella now is state laws and the dispensaries better gear up and follow them to the letter for they will continue to be under the DEA's microscope until the Fed changes IT'S laws.
This is from msnbc, "Supporters of programs to provide legal marijuana to patients with painful medical conditions are celebrating Attorney General Eric Holder?s statement this week that the Drug Enforcement Administration would end its raids on state-approved marijuana dispensaries.

Federal raids on medical marijuana distributors continued at least into the second week of Barack Obama?s presidency, when federal agents shut down at least two dispensaries in California on Feb. 3.

Holder was asked about those raids Wednesday in Santa Ana, Calif., at a news conference that was called to announce the arrests of 755 people in a nationwide crackdown on the U.S. operations of Mexican drug cartels. He said such operations would no longer be conducted." and here is the link to the full story http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29433708/ .

Sure sounds like holder said that the feds are not going after state approved facilities to me. The whole point was MMJ was supposed to become a state issue.

No offence dude, but if your going to debate with me, links and quotes from actual sources work better than capitalizing the odd word.

CapnVape,

lwien

CapnVape said:
Sure sounds like holder said that the feds are not going after state approved facilities to me.
As long as they are following state laws. If they break a state law, than all bets are off.

And if a news agency reports anything different, than THEY are wrong, but I don't think they have. I think you are just reading more into it than what it is actually saying.

When Bush was in office, they were sending in the DEA even IF the dispensaries were following state laws. What is happening now is quite a bit different.

Please don't ask me for refs. Too much work to prove the obvious here.

lwien,

CapnVape

lwien said:
I know, why do all that work and bother to get proofs and refs for your points, when you already know your right. :lol: I wish I was just always inherently right about things and didn't have to research them, then I would have more free time to tell people what is true without having to waste time fact checking. Sorry for going off on you man, but it's one of my pet peeves when somebody says I'm wrong and isn't willing to even try and prove it because they are obiously right.

CapnVape,

lwien

CapnVape said:
lwien said:
I know, why do all that work and bother to get proofs and refs for your points, when you already know your right. :lol: I wish I was just always inherently right about things and didn't have to research them, then I would have more free time to tell people what is true without having to waste time fact checking. Sorry for going off on you man, but it's one of my pet peeves when somebody says I'm wrong and isn't willing to even try and prove it because they are obiously right.
No need to apologize man. I've just been doing quite a bit of referencing today on other subjects and I'm just a bit burned out.

I'm not trying to be a pompous dick about all this. It's just that I've been following this stuff kinda closely because I live in Cali and have a med card, so it all hits pretty closely to home, and I just figured that what is obviously true to me regarding the new Feds stance on this, would also obviously be true for anyone else reading up on these same issues. Sorry if I came across like a jerk. Didn't mean to.

lwien,
Top Bottom