This question just phased me. Do you need more thc every day?

Mookie0608

I’m assuming my tolerance has built a little that or maybe low thc strains just are not cutting it the way they used to.

I used to get very high on just a 8 second draw with either pax 3 or mighty. Sometimes I would push it to 12 seconds. I took a 16 second draw last week and kind of got really high. Now 3 days in a row I’m just not even getting that buzz anymore. I still feel it in my head like a headband sometimes but there’s no buzz and it’s in the back of my head but I can feel it if I focus on it. Plus my body eventually gets heavy and I wind up getting tired but there’s no more body or head buzz even from my purple urkle.

I was wondering I apologize if I asked before my memory sucks. Do you need to consume more thc each dose? Say if I used to get the buzz high on a 8 second draw does. At need To be increased daily to say 10 or 12 seconds? And so fourth. Or when you build that tolerance does the buzz just go away after awhile? Just seems like its more of a yeah I feel it it the head but mostly I’ll just get more of a heavy body feeling and yawn a lot, and the pain relief is not what it once was.

Even just started sativas daily a few days ago and I’m not getting high though it’s only got like 12.27% thc and my indicas are all 15% and below mostly 13%. I feel them in the head as well as I would think but even though I feel it and the loud ringing there is no buzz. Not even red eyes and to my understanding its uncommon to not get bright blood shot red eyes from tangie.

One thing I know I am not looking to do is take a break that’s out of the question I have no interest in doing so.

Mookie0608,

C No Ego

I’m assuming my tolerance has built a little that or maybe low thc strains just are not cutting it the way they used to.

I used to get very high on just a 8 second draw with either pax 3 or mighty. Sometimes I would push it to 12 seconds. I took a 16 second draw last week and kind of got really high. Now 3 days in a row I’m just not even getting that buzz anymore. I still feel it in my head like a headband sometimes but there’s no buzz and it’s in the back of my head but I can feel it if I focus on it. Plus my body eventually gets heavy and I wind up getting tired but there’s no more body or head buzz even from my purple urkle.

I was wondering I apologize if I asked before my memory sucks. Do you need to consume more thc each dose? Say if I used to get the buzz high on a 8 second draw does. At need To be increased daily to say 10 or 12 seconds? And so fourth. Or when you build that tolerance does the buzz just go away after awhile? Just seems like its more of a yeah I feel it it the head but mostly I’ll just get more of a heavy body feeling and yawn a lot, and the pain relief is not what it once was.

Even just started sativas daily a few days ago and I’m not getting high though it’s only got like 12.27% thc and my indicas are all 15% and below mostly 13%. I feel them in the head as well as I would think but even though I feel it and the loud ringing there is no buzz. Not even red eyes and to my understanding its uncommon to not get bright blood shot red eyes from tangie.

One thing I know I am not looking to do is take a break that’s out of the question I have no interest in doing so.

try a few experiments... chew on one or two whole peppercorns before you medicate and check the results... Also, if you do not already , consume omega three too. n3 EFA is one of the building blocks of your endocannabinoids... I've seen reports of people getting high from just the omega three when they start using it...

C No Ego,

Mookie0608

Thought peppercorn was like a cold shower or orange juice and countered or st least helped stop to high highs.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

Thought peppercorn was like a cold shower or orange juice and countered or st least helped stop to high highs.
that is why I mention to experiment the cannabimimetic properties... I think used up front and getting metabolism started with the BCP and piperdine will set the stage for better thc uptake. if you have already ingested thc and then the BCP later it will stall effects that way... @ least that is what seems to be happening... not sure if you have read the article
beta caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid https://duckduckgo.com/?q=beta+caryophyllene+is+a+dietary+cannabinoid&t=ffcm&atb=v62-6__&ia=web

BCP has a much longer half life up to 24 hours compared to THC and BCP targets cb receptors so the synergistic aspects on just being known...

and omega three info - http://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Tolerance can always be an issue. I’ve been vaping THC distillate for the past 4 months, but it wasn’t helping me like it needed to. I just started adding terpenes back into my THC distillate, and the difference is night and day. The THC is more potent, and the medicinal affects are more pronounced.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have found unprocessed kief and flower to be the best for me long term wise.
I can just change from one plant to another and it essentially seems to,in a way reset my tolerance to a degree.
Concentrates just drive my tolerance through the roof very quickly in a negative way.

Mookie0608

I may just have to get used to it then. I’m thinking I should just stick to it. It’s helping me anxiety as well. I’m not doing so well experimenting. I may have to accept my losses and throw out these new strains and go buy more urkle. The kind of anxiety I have along with probably serious mental issues even cbd does more harm then urkle. Cbd may not be psycho active but some strains usually the 1-1s still can get me stoned but they don’t stop me having bad negative thoughts if anything they make the thoughts worse. Purple urkle keeps all them bad thoughts at bay it if I’m having an anxiety attack or what ever when I start breaking down purple u will ease me into a calm state in some cases make my nights More kind, and helps me not forget but not get worked up over bad life events.

Mookie0608,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Indicas seem to help me more with anxiety and a THC level of at least around between 17 and 25% THC levels. I don’t know if we can always trust the THC levels. I just know what works or doesn’t work. Some people use high CBD for anxiety but I haven’t had too much luck.

It’s too bad it’s so hard to control edibles. It’s been a crap shoot for me. It’s getting dosages down. When making home made edibles it’s difficult. One batch could be potent and the next batch not so potent.

Edit
I use hybrids but they usually are leaning more on a higher Indica percentage. The terpenes do a lot to determine the different effects such as sleepiness or hunger. The terpines are what gives off the specific different vapor flavors too, such as berry, lemon, diesel or that skunk taste.

Last edited:
I believe they are discovering that the specific feelings / relief you get from pot are more determined by the terpene profiles.

Ever wonder what the difference is between indica and sativa? I mean THC is THC. It's the terpene profile that determines the difference.

Or so science seems to be saying for now.

I add terps to edibles and can definitely control the "party" or "sleepy" aspects of my edibles.

Mookie0608

After last night purple urkel may be the only thing that can keep me alive. I been out of it for 3 days now. Between the real nightmares sleeping or awake, and flash backs. Since I ran out of it this stuffs been getting worse again. Seemed to calm me down to such a point bad thoughts were kept at bay and I would be kept in a happy safe place. I would get to a point I dreaded the day time and couldn’t wait for dinner to come so I could vape it. I may have to just break the damn law and grow it myself. I don’t think I really New just how much of a miracle plant marijuana is until I ran out of purple urkel and all I have left now is kush that I’m to afraid to even try, and blue dream, and tangie that wire me up. I really wish it was as simple as okay here is your purple Urkel this bottle won’t make you drowsy an the other is the night time one.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Mookie0608 Purple Urkle is an Indica according to info I’ve seen. It’s a combination of a few different strains but leaning Indica. I know one of the different strains included in the Purple Urkle is Mendocino Purple which is one of my fave strains. I love the vapor flavor with Purple Urkle. A sweet berry taste, which we can thank the terpenes. If you find Mendocino Purple pick that one up. Also Grape Ape, Granddaddy Purp or Gorilla Glue are great strains to help with sleep and calming.

Of course again we are all different and live in an area with a different situation than mine. I live in a legal state with a lot of choices available within 5 mi where I live. I do remember the days where I would get mystery strains and only one strain available. I would use whatever my black market friend had available usually no real choices.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

Yeah. Problem I’m finding is majority of these strains are not helping me. Grape ape is available but it’s a good 2 hour drive to get it. Unless they will give the welfare rate for taken the drive I probably won’t be going there. Uber is to expensive so I just stick to 2 dispensaries I can’t deal with big 8 lane bridges with exits all over the place and traffic. It will be interesting though to see how tomorrow works out. Old family are visiting from Cali no clue if anyone of them smokes.

Mookie0608,

fernand

There are people who say it's all about distancing yourself from "your pain" but I don't find that too useful. And pain is not the same as anxiety.

It's worth remembering and really digesting what Steve DeAngelo says: "It's not about getting high, it's about being well".

Chasing a strong THC effect might be unnecessary. Or even a distraction from the most helpful effects of this miraculous plant on a specific person.

Mookie0608

Yeah I been thinking about it tonight and I think I’m going to stick to 1 strain and that’s the purple urkle I like the way it makes me feel and the effects on my body. Blueberry kush is not working out neither is blackberry or the holy grail kush. The body high from purple urkle can’t compare. I think I have been taken it for granted. Maybe I have not been getting as high as I used to but based of what I’m using right now even when I didn’t feel high purple really was working. I’m in severe pain and getting mostly strong head highs. It worked for me it helped me with my pain but also relaxed me calmed me down helps me have better nights sleeping.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

I’m actually finding kush strains might not be good for me. If I have to much kush in a day it could send me into college ma from low blood sugar. I’m hypoglycemic as well, and I’m finding that they are dropping my blood sugar real fast as the high fades.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

That’s a very interesting article. Not quit sure I understand what it is getting st by some things but wow that was interesting.

Mookie0608,

thekayo

Not everyday. But if you are using everyday then yes it does go up. Be happy you can notice something from a 8 second draw. I would not feel anything from that. Every year i try to take a couple breaks. Even just a couple nights helps alot. Im very surprised you can notice anything from a 8 second draw. I gotta puff on a portable for atleast 10 minutes to reach my desired effects.

thekayo,

Mookie0608

You know it’s weird I kind feel like smoking for a week and seeing the difference. The mighty is life but the high is not consistent. I know it’s me though. I sucked in a 4 second draw well a very deep fast pull and landed on Pluto but the 8 second draw 2 hours prior to that that was easy barely got me high. Just for shits and giggles used my pax the other night and I’m not looking back it’s mighty al the way. I still love it just can’t believe I can’t tske longer sessions yet still. Not long ago I bumped that draw up to 12 seconds only held it in for 1-2 seconds and I was gone. Might switch to another strain though. I like the highs but i don’t really like the heavy body stone living in a dream feeling kicks in an hour later and lasts 4 hours. In that stage I’m back in pain but can still fee a heavy dose of something.

I still experiment with the draws though just seems like fast hard pulls is what gets me there now a slow gentle draw barely does shit no matter how long I hold it in. If I don’t feel thick vapor in my chest I don’t go any where same goes if I don’t see big clouds coming out. Actually tempted to call snb and see if maybe there’s an issue with it. When it’s just about heated up I’d say about 25 degrees or so off set temps it starts crackling. Never did that before. Still vaping purple urkel but there’s really nothing purple about this batch I got. So if it’s not an issue I think next time I’m going to see if it’s nit a problem if I can get the most purple bud they can find or goto a new dispensary and try there grape ape I heard it’s very similar.

Just odd though how 1 8 second draw ilproduces different results all based on how fast my draw is. Damn near chokes me out and that’s when I know I’m doin going to be gone when I vape fast and take a big inhale vapor so thick it gets me good.

Mookie0608,

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
Tolerance can always be an issue. I’ve been vaping THC distillate for the past 4 months, but it wasn’t helping me like it needed to. I just started adding terpenes back into my THC distillate, and the difference is night and day. The THC is more potent, and the medicinal affects are more pronounced.

I also am under the impression that the terps seem to make a huge difference with the oil's effect. I've also found that full-spectrum oil is the way to go. It all seems to combine in such a way that the effects are actually different, or at least that's what I've experienced.

SillyHerbaloski,

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
As for tolerance, I wouldn't say 'take a break' given that you clearly stated you have no intention of doing so, but I would suggest considering reducing the size of your doses, bringing it down to a level that you achieve the effect you need without waste/excess. I have light usage days, heavy usage days, and even days when I don't partake at all. It all depends on how I'm feeling. Medicate when necessary is my mindset for the most part. Can't say that this will work for you, but it seems to be working well for me.

SillyHerbaloski,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
A bit of tolerance is a good thing, in my opinion. Every time I have taken a long t-break (I took an 8-year t-break once), I hated the first few months or so after I use cannabis again, because I got smashed on so little that I 1) could never sit there and savor the flavor and just enjoy inhaling my herb and 2) I'm often not very functional when high with a low tolerance.

Once I have a bit of tolerance, I enjoy my cannabis significantly more.

Top Bottom