This is to poll ONLY those that own multiple vapes INCLUDING.....

lwien

.....either a PD, WDZ or Zap.

So here's the question to those that qualify. Which vape in your arsenal would you say is the most efficient, and by efficiency, I mean the ability to get high off of the least amount of herb, or to put it another way, if you used each one of your vapes for a week, which vape would consume the least amount of bud over that week.

Again, I ask for the sake of this poll, that ONLY those that own multiple vapes ALONG with either a PD, WDZ or Zap to respond and please list the vapes that you have or have had.

I'll start. I have/had a Buddha, an Ion, an Iolite, a VG, a VapoStar and a PD and for me, the PD is without a doubt, the most efficient of the 6 vapes that I have owned based on the criteria set above. I would use way more bud in the other vapes than I would with the PD.

lwien,

Wolface

I would say the MFLB is easily as efficent as my PD. A stems worth in either vape yeild a similar amount of vapor, but a noticably different kind of buzz. I would say a tie between MFLB and PD with the Supreme coming in a close third. With a little practice the Vaporstar can be somewhat efficent and fun too, and for $35 well worth having in the wooden vapor stable.

Wolface,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im going to have to agree with Wolface. My LB really gives my Zap a run for its $$$ when it comes to efficiency. However, I tend to use my LB with 'lower grade' as its more efficient at extraction than my MZ is.

However, my MZ is definitely my 'daily driver' when it comes to usage. The LB comes out when I want to get a little more medicated (sleepwise or otherwise) or when Im on the go.

AGBeer,

hereatlast

I don't feel that my MFLB is as efficient as my PD but this could be a difference in use and preference. I generally fill my MFLB pretty well so efficiency isn't what I'm after, rather I love the portability and very light high it provides. I also don't take the herb as far in my MFLB than I do in my PD, I think I'm probably the odd-ball out in this regard. I know the LB can thoroughly cook the product but I don't like the taste very much, I take my stems as far as the PD will bring them on the other hand.

No question the LB and PD are more efficient than the Extreme though; that said, the Extreme can take herb farther (darker) than the PD in most cases, not what I'm after though.

PD is my daily-driver for sure.

hereatlast,

kosh

Excellent qustion lwien, albeit a difficult one to answer for the reasons previously mentioned. Different vape, different high. However, in terms of least herb usage I would have to rate them PD, MFLB, HA and IO. That being said I'll save up my IO vapeopoop and get another couple of bags out of it on the HA at maximum. It makes excellent 'go to sleep/go back to sleep' stuff. Pretty much defines the provebial 'monkey in the wrench' for these types of comparisons though.

kosh,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
hereatlast said:
I also don't take the herb as far in my MFLB than I do in my PD, I think I'm probably the odd-ball out in this regard. I know the LB can thoroughly cook the product but I don't like the taste very much, I take my stems as far as the PD will bring them on the other hand.

No, you are not an oddball - I think you summed it up perfectly :)
Exactly how I like to utilize each of them.

MZ gets the ABV saved for later use
LB (and others) usually dont.

And on top of that, there have been times where the SSV or SV have become the 'weekend scary maker' well not 'scary' but whoah Im fuuuuuuuucking stoooooooned.

Zap gets me to my happy place :) Nothing more, nothing less.

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Of the vapes I own, which are multiple MZ's, a MFLB and a couple of Hot Boxes, hands down my Zaps are the most efficient. Next would be the LB.

The Hot Boxes are really only used when I have more than one other person using with me. They blow through herb.

momofthegoons,

FlasH

Downhill demon
Currently I only own an MFLB and a MZ, but I would have to say the MZ > MFLB in terms of efficency. The MFLB can cook the herb a bit more and get a bit more vapor out but I use about 2/3 in the MZ what I would in the MFLB. MZ is my daily workhorse and the MFLB is for portability and/or if I want to get higher temp vaporization than the MZ can provide (with a 12v adapter that is).

FlasH,

Nosferatu

For me its like this

Buddha: A bowl is about .1-.2

I would say I would have to empty 3 PD stems into the Buddha to have an equal bowl.

But the Budhha gets me way higher because I can get the temp a little higher and reach those higher CBD/CBNs. At the cost of using more bud though. Damn I wish they would make a Buddha wand with thicker glass making the bowl the shape of the PD stem if you know what i mean. So you can pack that tiny amount but still control the temp, the best of both world.

So I would say all in all the PD is about twice as efficient as the Buddha. Although I find myself always using the Buddha now because its still an easily affordable amount of herb, but I cant speak for everyone.

Nosferatu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
masbanji92 said:
Damn I wish they would make a Buddha wand with thicker glass making the bowl the shape of the PD stem if you know what i mean. So you can pack that tiny amount but still control the temp, the best of both world.

*Cough* LSV *Cough*

Okay, maybe not quite... :p

AGBeer,

Nosferatu

I just mean the inside of the bowl(well the 19/22 gong joint bowl thing), why cant the glass on the inside be thicker leaving the bowl a cylinder like the PDs. It seems like you have to pack so much to get vapor because the bowls so big, but I guess the people making it arent worried about efficiency ;)

Is the LSV suppose to be like that? I didnt know..

Nosferatu,

Purple-Days

Owned a Aromazap, went to a Supervapzilla, went back to a Myrtlezap for efficiency. It's an all Purple-Days line-up now, of course.

The SVZ could consume more weed in one day than the MZ (or any other of this style vape) would use up in three (probably more). Have to agree that you can get totally wrecked on the fan assisted whip, but totally wrecked is not my style, and certainly doesn't fit my budget (on a daily driver basis).

Purple-Days,

jimbo

winterize
PD is the most efficient vape I own at the moment. In one week I might put a gram or two through it. The Supreme I put a gram though it in one evening ( though I get really fucked up :ko: ).

jimbo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
My PD is my most used out of all my vapes. However I do use my vaporstar just as much as I use my PD with the exact same amounts of herb. The only difference is i use the VS when I want much higher temps that my PD cannot deliver. So I would say both are equally efficient to me.

DevoTheStrange,

wthanna

I currently own a LB, PD and Extreme. The Extreme has not been used much lately. The PD i feel may be slightly more efficient than the Launch Box in my opinion, but only slightly. The Launch Box gets slightly more use, however, due to the fact that it lives in my pocket, and is available at all times.. everywhere... :cool:

wthanna,

lwien

So, so far, the tally as to which is the most efficient vapes from those that own multiple vapes including the log type vapes are as follows:

PD/MZ/WDZ-----14
LB----------2
VS---------1
Vapeman--1

(when 2 vapes tied for efficiency, I totalled them both)

I think it's a pretty safe bet that regarding efficiency, as I defined it in the original post, the PD/MZ's come out on top (small sampling, to say the least). I realize that we have come to this conclusion before, but wanted to do this exercise for some of the newcomers to FC who were interested in getting a vape that was super efficient while totally understanding that there are other issues other than efficiency that come into play when choosing a vape.

Thanks to all for your input.

lwien,

D'LO

I own a Silver Surfer Vaporizer and a Purple Days so far and my Purple Days is used much more often than my SSV. I like many others who have already posted can not afford to nor would I really want to indulge in vapping through large amounts of Cannabis every session. I could pack my PD about 5-6 times with the amount I use for one good pack in my SSV.

Don't get me wrong, when I have guest over or I am in the mood to get insanely ripped the SSV is removed from its beautiful red hemp casing and cranked to maximum power. :brow:

D'LO,

OC513

Dabaholic
Hands down my WDZ is the most efficient, LB next and then the Kia(whip style vape). All I can say is that since I got my WDZ the Kia rarely comes out......only when have company pretty much or if want to get REALLY banged up. The LB is my portable and 90% of the time at home I am hitting my WDZ.....now thru a beautiful glass piece.

OC513,

Jacopone

For me the most efficient (effect/quantity) is Vapman.
I also own a PD and a Magic Flight Box.

Jacopone,
Top Bottom