This glass tube may be my best vaporizer (by far) (contains video)

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
With the screen in the middle of the tube it's pretty much the same heating concept as the cloud evo or the vapocane :tup: (so cloud evo users are hidden crack heads too :lol:)
Main factors to dial in are the heated length of the tube (for consistent results eg mark the length on the outside with aluminium tape) and the draw speed - with the vaponic i draw a bit faster at the first puff and slower on the following. The yellow flame on the glass is a good indicator - maybe try waiting 10 or 20 seconds to let it cool down a bit more before hitting. Based on my experience with the vaponic, without cooldown the herb gets a bit too dark for my taste, but nice to watch that quick color change (that would be a great slow motion vid)- although i only do that type of one hit extraction trough water.
Here's also a nice diy solution http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-diy-vaponic-clone.14612/
- maybe get a test tube and make a vaponic XL :brow:

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I just did this with a foil plug for the first time in a while. I think it may be better that way. Also, since I use longer tubes now than I did in the first video, the foil doesn't really get hot at all.

Aimless Ryan,

Aimless Ryan

@Aimless Ryan The DIY stove top set up seemed like overkill. But it makes sense now.

There has to be a safer way though.

That huge glass stem is super cool.
@JCharles I felt it would be more appropriate to respond here in the glass tube thread than to respond in the Underdog thread.

It probably is overkill some of the time. I don't always use it with the gas all the way up, but I probably do most of the time. Because why not?

When I want one end of the tube really hot, I feel maximum flame is appropriate. Even with the flame all the way up it takes more than a few seconds to adequately heat the end of the tube. When I get the end of the tube really hot, I can easily get 10 good hits without having to reheat. Maybe even 15 or more.

I'm not worried about safety anymore. Nothing's gonna explode or anything. Stovetorch is just a giant torch lighter. My only real safety concerns are complacency and klutziness. If I do something stupid, the hot glass may burn me a little. But it has happened enough already that it doesn't really happen anymore, because I've learned my lesson.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: JCharles

Aimless Ryan

I want to add that when I say 10 or 15 hits, I probably don't mean the same size hits you're used to, as I seem to have weak lungs. For example, my first few hits might each be one mouth-pull each (because bigger/more pulls immediately after heating usually causes combustion).

To me even the small hits are big hits, but they probably wouldn't be to you. Still, they are bigger hits than you would expect from any other vape after only one small mouth-pull. As the glass cools, I take more mouth-pulls per hit, or I end up pulling from the lungs. Or heating again. Which takes much less time than it takes with cold glass.

In the video I didn't get the tube nearly as hot as I do sometimes. Evidence: It wasn't red. Most of my tubes have changed shape at least a little. One of them has melted into three pieces.

Aimless Ryan,

Used2use

Another :2c: ;) - instead of a foil plug maybe reshape a mighty liquid pad with some pliers into a worm that fits inside the tube - u can put it in before heating, it will increase resistance and diffuses the airflow better...
and i would say it's to hot if the glass turns red

Used2use

Still tube vaping :) ? - what kind of glass straw and diameter are u using? seems thicker glass than a cheap standard drinking straw for one buck from china...

Used2use,
Top Bottom