THIS FORUM SUCKS!

Would you like lighter text by default?

• Total voters

SD_haze

Is there any way to modify how many posts per page there are? I've looked under preferences but can't find any option like that.

SD_haze,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
So editing will no longer be allowed soon? Why is that exactly? Seems like a pretty crucial feature which every forum I use has - especially for those grammar nazis amongst us who must change a tiny mistake if we spot it after posting!

Also - not complaining at all but it was slightly creepy/funny to come on and have an alert saying WatTyler is now following you... Especially with that piggy avatar!
I take it following just means your posts alert the user following you - where would you click to find those posts? Loving the new forum so far, just a fair few things to get used to is all!

wilf789,

Qbit

cannabanana
So editing will no longer be allowed soon? Why is that exactly? Seems like a pretty crucial feature which every forum I use has - especially for those grammar nazis amongst us who must change a tiny mistake if we spot it after posting!

No, don't worry, the Edit buttons aren't going to be scrapped. Rather, the Edit button on each new post will disappear after a while, so you will only have a limited amount of time to make your changes before your message is set in stone.

Qbit,

vape4life

Banned for life
SPW14-3-2T.jpg

That's constructive, and not very nice. What i'm whining just because I don't take to the new forum? I'm not allowed an opinion because it differs from yours?? I don't like it, sorry...I don't. Just seeing the comparison in the most made me long for the old green theme. I feel this one is bloated and just a step down in general. That's just my opinion, so stop bitching about it please.

vape4life,

Qbit

cannabanana
That's constructive, and not very nice. What i'm whining just because I don't take to the new forum? I'm not allowed an opinion because it differs from yours?? I don't like it, sorry...I don't. Just seeing the comparison in the most made me long for the old green theme. I feel this one is bloated and just a step down in general. That's just my opinion, so stop bitching about it please.

Heh, don't take the pic too seriously - I think MOTG was just having a lighthearted prod.

Qbit,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
One more bitch/complaint/suggestion:

Google (gmail) is now blocking fuckcombustion emails and sending it straight to the SPAM folder. It didn't do this with the old forum. There could be a few reasons it is happening, and I know how to possibly debug the problem, if an admin wants help - please let me know!

Basically, find what part of the email gmail doesn't like - and change it until gmail likes it again.

sessnet,

Qbit

cannabanana

Google (gmail) is now blocking fuckcombustion emails and sending it straight to the SPAM folder. It didn't do this with the old forum. There could be a few reasons it is happening, and I know how to possibly debug the problem, if an admin wants help - please let me know!

Basically, find what part of the email gmail doesn't like - and change it until gmail likes it again.

Is there no way to get around this? You might be able to de-spam it by creating an Inbox folder and directing email from FC to it ... or something (I don't use Gmail).

Qbit,

max

Out to lunch
vape4life said:
That's just my opinion, so stop bitching about it please.
To use your own words, she's "not allowed an opinion?" Your opinion on the new software IS whiny IMO. Everyone else in the thread has minor complaints and/or suggestions, while you say "Please revert back!" Are you serious? You use an iPhone to communicate on a forum and you want to revert back to antiquated forum software after one day? Maybe you'd enjoy the marijuana.com forum more. Oh wait. I forgot they just switched to the exact same software. And that site is #1 among mj sites for traffic. Better get used to this setup. It's not going away.

It's not blocking my FC email. I'm getting email alerts just fine, and haven't made any changes at all. Whatever the problem is, it's not universal.

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
To use your own words, she's "not allowed an opinion?" Your opinion on the new software IS whiny IMO. Everyone else in the thread has minor complaints and/or suggestions, while you say "Please revert back!" Are you serious? You use an iPhone to communicate on a forum and you want to revert back to antiquated forum software after one day? Maybe you'd enjoy the marijuana.com forum more. Oh wait. I forgot they just switched to the exact same software. And that site is #1 among mj sites for traffic. Better get used to this setup. It's not going away.

It's not blocking my FC email. I'm getting email alerts just fine, and haven't made any changes at all. Whatever the problem is, it's not universal.

It's all good max, it's just that the iphone is used to read posts while the computer is used to write posts. With the old software it was quick and flawless, with the new software is very choppy and slow. No big deal, I understand that it's not going away, but the green colour scheme was brilliant.

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot

Hey max, I think you are right. It seems to be doing it to the Herb Grinders thread. If it's marking it as spam because of the words "Herb Grinders" then that might be why...even though it didn't do it before? So... it's still basically the format of the new email that pushing it as spam...with the combination of the wrong words...

sessnet,

max

Out to lunch
Not everything about the new platform is a plus. It hardly ever is when you make such a move. But the pluses do outweigh the minuses, even if some familiar stuff is missing. And significant upgrades will be available for Xenforo because it's what forums are going to, while upgrades for simple software that people are leaving, are inherently limited.

It seems to be doing it to the Herb Grinders thread.
Not for me. I've gotten quite a few alerts about new posts in that thread. And according to vtac, the email issue with FC form email and certain ISP's is no longer an issue. So I have no clue as to what's going on, other than the fact that I've had no problems myself.

max,

placetime

This has started happening in my gmail account too---most of the "FC Mailer" emails are going into the Spam folder. This is *not* just with the Herb Grinders thread--it's happening for me with multiple threads. But it's not happening with all threads, which I think is why I hadn't noticed it yet. I assume that marking those emails as "Not Spam" will solve the problem, at least for individual users. I just did that on mine--we'll see what happens. :)

On this same topic, I kinda miss the post itself being included in those emails. For me, it was much more useful than a "there's a new message in that thread. click here to find out what it is" message. :2c:

placetime,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Also - not complaining at all but it was slightly creepy/funny to come on and have an alert saying WatTyler is now following you... Especially with that piggy avatar!
I take it following just means your posts alert the user following you - where would you click to find those posts? Loving the new forum so far, just a fair few things to get used to is all!
:ninja: creepy? me? There's no escape :whoa: .

Following doesn't seem to do a lot- as far as I can tell it just show's the avatars of the people you follow when they're online on the main page, instead of just a user name like everyone else. Not sure what the advantage is- maybe for real time messaging conversations I suppose- you can see who's 'in'.

WatTyler,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Here's a glitch that may be fixed a few ways.

Some posts link to the old forum php setup like this one, that I had just tried to click:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=7563

If you go there you'll see it doesn't work right. So, all old links should be broken?

To fix - either modify the htaccess file to forward to the correct PHP (possibly like 10 minute fix), or do a global search/replace of the mySQL table, which is a bit risky and I wouldn't recommend, but will still fix it!

sessnet,

DaProfessor

I really like the new interface and layout. I'm sure there is something I won't like, but I haven't encountered it yet. I also like that we have a forum messaging system. I didn't like the original color scheme, but went into the preferences for my account and changed it to xF. Works well for me and easier on the eyes.

DaProfessor,

karazi

I really don't like that the page numbers of the thread only show up when hovering over the thread title. Can that be changed on the users end?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I really don't like that the page numbers of the thread only show up when hovering over the thread title. Can that be changed on the users end?

Everything you can change is in your account settings. That's not there, so no.

Why does this bother you? The count of posts in the thread is displayed on the right. When you want to use the page numbers, they're there for you.

pakalolo,

placetime

For me, it's just one of those many tiny things that are different and that we just need to become familiar with them. :peace:

placetime,

max

Out to lunch
placetime said:
I kinda miss the post itself being included in those emails. For me, it was much more useful than a "there's a new message in that thread. click here to find out what it is" message. :2c:
This is an option that's now been turned on to show the post content.

WatTyler said:
Following doesn't seem to do a lot- as far as I can tell it just show's the avatars of the people you follow when they're online on the main page, instead of just a user name like everyone else. Not sure what the advantage is- maybe for real time messaging conversations I suppose- you can see who's 'in'.
I look at it as just more social networking crap. And I guess you can tell I'm not big on that stuff. :/

jumpoff_the_planet

I like a lot of the new features although I havent had time to use all of them. The social networking stuff is not something I am interested in.

I like the blue color but....its not GREEN :bigleaf:

jumpoff_the_planet,

max

Out to lunch
Good to hear. I can't find it though.

I think there's a misunderstanding on this. Email alerts for conversations include the conversation content. Email alerts for new posts in threads do not and will not include the post. We won't be 'emailing the forum'. If you want to read posts you'll need to actually come here.

max,

placetime

I think there's a misunderstanding on this. Email alerts for conversations include the conversation content. Email alerts for new posts in threads do not and will not include the post. We won't be 'emailing the forum'. If you want to read posts you'll need to actually come here.
Thanks for clarifying, Max. I did misunderstand. I prefered it the other way, but I can adapt. :) I'm curious, though--why did y'all make that change? (honestly curious--not trying to argue or debate)
:peace:

placetime,
Top Bottom