Third attempt at switching to vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Hi all my 1st post on here.

I'm on my 3rd vape attempt. I stared smoking herbs (well solids) in 1981. 10 years ago I quit tobacco and since then have smoked via a dry pipe or mainly a pure 1 cigarette paper job.

Some years ago I tried one of those hopeless bubblegum style cheapo ones. I then tried an iolite Ok but wasn't really successful.

Fast forward to last week and I took a gamble on an Arizer Solo and it's great.

My only issue is when out and about I'll be back to combustion. I am starting to accept the different high of vaping vs combustion. Today is my 2nd non combustion day.

Anyone else have this issue swapping between the two often in the same day. Any tips thoughts?

I do notice the lack of body stone I did try to rectify that last night by dropping vaping pineapple express and amnesia and tried some blueberry with some G 13 hash mixed in all that achieved was I needed a lay down what a lightweight ha ha

cityslang,
Reactions: Caligula

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on starting to vaporize.

Most people who change to vapor find it best to go vapor only for a couple of weeks. They often find that, after that amount of time, combusting is nasty. And they also find that the high has "changed" to a more intense one.

Combustion gives you a different buzz and it takes time to adjust from that "couch lock" type of buzz to the more energetic buzz you often get from vaping. Of course, you may not want to stop combusting....

My advice, since you have a portable vape, is to take it with you to use when out rather than depending on blunts. If it is too big, maybe invest in a smaller "travel" vape. If you have access to concentrates, there are several pens that would work beautifully for you.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Thanks for the reply.

The combustion issue vs portable vape is more down to circumstances as I live in a huge conurbation where it is illegal I need something that I can sling away if needed a couple of 1 sheet roll ups are one thing but slinging a vape is another.

I didn't buy the solo is be fully portable more based on its reviews and no wires.

Concentrates are not really common nowadays by me in the UK. Oil/diy hash in the last 6 months I've had access 3 times so it's mainly greens only.

The Pax ploom looks small and ideal only it's not really available in the UK AFAIK seen some on ebay as well as the fake ones.

cityslang,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You can restore some of the body stone by using higher temperatures, 6 and 7 on the Solo. The taste will suffer a little. You can't (fortunately) replace the effects of the carbon monoxide and other toxins produced by combustion, which make up a good portion of the "body stone". Swapping between smoking and vapourizing will make it more difficult to learn to appreciate the vapour high. As mom advises, stick to vapour-only for a couple of weeks.

I think you should avoid the Pax if you're in the UK. The chances of getting a fake are growing daily. The Pinnacle Pro is a pocket portable, gives you a selection of temperatures, is cheaper than a Pax, and is available from UK vendors. It is not, however, something you'd toss without a second thought. If that's a high priority then probably the cheapest alternative would be the VaporGenie, but it requires a flame and still costs enough to make you think twice.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
You can restore some of the body stone by using higher temperatures, 6 and 7 on the Solo. The taste will suffer a little. You replace the effects of the carbon monoxide and other toxins produced by combustion, which make up a good portion of the "body stone". Swapping between smoking and vapourizing will make it more difficult to learn to appreciate the vapour high. As mom advises, stick to vapour-only for a couple of

Yes that's what I do with the vape start at 2 work up to 5 then do a couple on 6 and 1 humdinger on 7 if it's not too harsh and use indica stronger strains.

Looks like it's pure 1 skinners when out and vaping at home.

Can't ever see the UK waking up as the concentrate vape pens sound ideal it's the lack of concentrate available.

EDIT The Pinnacle Pro you mentioned looks good. Might get one of those in the near future

Last edited:
cityslang,

max

Out to lunch
Anyone else have this issue swapping between the two often in the same day. Any tips thoughts?
Going back and forth makes switching to vapor full time more difficult for sure. With smoking, you're getting some smoke byproducts mixed into the 'effect', which provide more of a sedative effect, but have nothing to do with the cannabis high. You can alter the cannabis effect with vaping, by using different strains and different temps, but no matter what, your vapor effects will be a cleaner high. You need to go with vapor only for about a week if you want to make the switch easier. You might consider a stealthy portable to fill in for smoking when you're on the go.

I'd check vapefiend.co.uk. He has some good portables- DV Ascent, Pinnacle Pro, WISPR, Magic Flight.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Going back and forth makes switching to vapor full time more difficult for sure. With smoking, you're getting some smoke byproducts mixed into the 'effect', which provide more of a sedative effect, but have nothing to do with the cannabis high. You can alter the cannabis effect with vaping, by using different strains and different temps, but no matter what, your vapor effects will be a cleaner high. You need to go with vapor only for about a week if you want to make the switch easier. You might consider a stealthy portable to fill in for smoking when you're on the go.

I'd check vapefiend.co.uk. He has some good portables- DV Ascent, Pinnacle Pro, WISPR, Magic Flight.

I'm so tempted to get one off him right now ha ha what a melt

cityslang,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
EDIT The Pinnacle Pro you mentioned looks good. Might get one of those in the near future

I was looking into the PnPro as well for a while, and I am so glad this forum exists.....I would caution you to do a THOROUGH reading of the Pinnacle Pro thread. Many users who are health conscious are realizing that company has skimped on materials and has seriously deficient Quality Control (seeing as they are all made in China...) sold devices w/ mouthpieces that melted/chipped/offgassed plastic (into their users lungs BLECH) and then preceded to deny deny deny about that MPs melting... they are FINALLY getting around to an all glass mouthpiece, but I just don't trust them..

SlinginPaint,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I was looking into the PnPro as well for a while, and I am so glad this forum exists.....I would caution you to do a THOROUGH reading of the Pinnacle Pro thread. Many users who are health conscious are realizing that company has skimped on materials and has seriously deficient Quality Control (seeing as they are all made in China...) sold devices w/ mouthpieces that melted/chipped/offgassed plastic (into their users lungs BLECH) and then preceded to deny deny deny about that MPs melting... they are FINALLY getting around to an all glass mouthpiece, but I just don't trust them..

I'm perfectly aware of the PnP story and I still think it's worthy of recommendation.

The part I underlined is simply not true. Please stop spreading misinformation. You have no evidence that there was ever any offgassing. No one has ever mentioned inhaling offgassing. VaporBLUNT has never denied these reports, although they don't believe melting is actually happening. To be clear, what VaportBLUNT has consistently said is that they have not been able to reproduce the problems, despite many efforts that began with the first reports. They appealed to users to send them examples of this damage and as far as I know, they have not received one. This should change shortly with the exchange program for mouthpieces.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I think most people don't make the switch from combustion to vaporization all at once. There can be a period of going back and forth, maybe indefinitely. The energizing effect that @momofthegoons mentioned is perfect for being out and about. I get so much more done now. Food tastes better, flowers smell better. Best of luck with your new purchase!

Ansel

i stll smoke pure joints and vape for stealth.

i get my nicotine from snus.

Ansel,

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
It is only because of this forum that I even know what "soapbar" is. :puke:

I've found pebbles and plastic in it and that's just what I could see.

I've not seen any for at least 10 years. UK hash is fairly rare now I did have 2g of old school afgani black that took me right back to the 1980s you could string it. Wish I'd had a vape then as I mixed it with some super haze but it doesn't burn too well in a pure weed joint

cityslang,

max

Out to lunch
SlinginPaint said:
.... has seriously deficient Quality Control (seeing as they are all made in China...)
More bad info. The country in which a product is produced has absolutely nothing to do with whether the QC is good or bad. That's 100% in the hands of the company.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Anyway back to the thread.
Looks like vaping via solo at home, PnP as back up/portable and combustion of pure when circumstances dictate once a week I guess on average.

I don't miss combustion as since I stopped tobacco a decade ago the actual need to smoke went as well. The 1 sheet pures are a means to an end.

cityslang,
Reactions: Ansel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom