• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thinking of getting a concentrate exclusive pen

shredder

The pen high is never as long as a real dab.

Something to do with the surface being already at vaporizing temperature versus heating it to temperature with the concentrate on it that can't compare.

I'd rather hit my pen than a dab torch rig. Ussualy the taste is better, and my lungs like it more.

For bigger hits than what my pen can provide, I use my underdog and water. I wrap rosin in hemp fiber. I can get huge hits with this set up, or dial it down for more flavorful hits.

My limited experience with enails may be the exception, but they can also complicate my relatively simple set up.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
What pen are you using @shredder?

Also what voltages for concentrates+UD? I may try with some shatter tonight. my lungs don't handle the dab rig well but the effects are too nice to go without

muunch,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'd rather hit my pen than a dab torch rig. Ussualy the taste is better, and my lungs like it more.

For bigger hits than what my pen can provide, I use my underdog and water. I wrap rosin in hemp fiber. I can get huge hits with this set up, or dial it down for more flavorful hits.

My limited experience with enails may be the exception, but they can also complicate my relatively simple set up.

I think my lungs prefer the rig because of water filtration. I also think the rig tastes better, not sure why but I'm wondering if it again goes back to the nail being at vaporizing temperature, so perhaps the terpenes sublimate or something. I'm not sure. I think my Divine Tribe atomizer tastes really good though. I don't do big dabs.

shredder

What pen are you using @shredder?

Also what voltages for concentrates+UD? I may try with some shatter tonight. my lungs don't handle the dab rig well but the effects are too nice to go without

I'm using a Sirus pen made by (or sold as a) pulsar. I think it's a Linx knockoff, sure looks the same, but it has a big battery and ceramic atomizer. I bought it local, but I've seen basically the same pen on puff it up, sold as a V one (I think)

I'm sure some of the other ceramic atomizer pens would be similar.

For my underdog, actually I have several, I set the variable voltage power supply at 11. But that dog runs hotter than my others. You really have to experiment and find your own sweet spot with these, because they do vary.

My vvps has a buck boost button. It's set at 10.4V for herb, and after I press the boost button it goes to 11v for rosin. But again dogs vary in this regard. My cocobolo dog vapes concentrates at 12.2V.

I've dedicated a underdog tong (titanium on glass) stem for concentrates with water. And I wrap small amounts of rosin in hemp fiber for vaping.

I'm somewhat of a micro doser so small amounts last me a long time. One good hit can last me hours. One load lasts me days.

shredder,
Reactions: muunch

2clicker

Observer
fellas you can absolutely get a dab sized/powered rip from an atomizer. probably not from any of the pre made pen options, but if you are willing to build your own coils (or you can buy then actually) and run them in a temp controlled ecig mod with and RDA you can get those dab as large as a nail.

its all about surface area. if you load a reg sized dab on a small coil, with small surface area, the dab will only vape as fast as it can reach the exposed metal. and that will degrade the oil waiting its turn and itll start to lose flavor. now take that dab and put it on a coil with far more surface area. boom! full flavor and full dab at once.

im currently running a SS316 fused clapton coil in a rafale x rda and pushing it on an Evic Vtwo mini. settings are 380F, 35watts, .52ohms. mother fucker will choke you out. seriously. and if you increase the temp and/or wattage? look out.

take a look at the "one hitter quitter" thread for more of these types of setups. i just built a jig for building claptons, fused claptons, and other crazy ass coils. if i can get the time this weekend im going to post pics (possibly video) of my coils in action over in that thread.

hondalol1

I was just using mine earlier today with an Omicron V4 LD battery. Wonderful combo.
I was so surprised it took 3 pages for this to come up.

Undisputed king to me
IMG_8049_large.jpg

This is a good representation of the coils, the ceramics give you great flavor. The kanthal one shown here gives you huge clouds

The site mentioned also offers an SS coil that allows very fine temp control.

This thing will allow hits with dab density if you use it properly.

And new coils and accessories release for it all the time, there is a rig adaptor and a full ceramic donut is coming soon.

hippy tribe

oil on coils is absolutely the worse way to use a dab pen, you torch the terpenes and your throat and loose tons of flavor. I prefer a vape session not a coughing fit. If i'm using a coil dab pen my fav being quartz atomizer and coils -i'll stick shatter to atomizer wall, load around the coil, and vape by conduction -not combustion. the oil vapes off wall in perfect layers giving you perfect hits till the end. tossing my dabs blindly on top of a coil is sloppy to me.

if i'm using runny c02 not shatter, i'll use a coil that sits high in atomizer so co2 will drip down into atomizer away from coil allowing inner atomizer to vaporize.

ceramic donuts are good, ceramic atomizers without a donut -just a bucket is even better.

Bass Vaper

Man, I am in love with the Speak Easy oil and pen. You can find it at www.speakeasy710.com. I ended up getting a battery that has a setting for a little more power, but the oil is very good and the pen is super discreet. It's passed through a few airports already! I am loving it. Never been a fan of oils until this.

They also have dab pens. :rockon:

Bass Vaper,

2clicker

Observer
oil on coils is absolutely the worse way to use a dab pen, you torch the terpenes and your throat and loose tons of flavor. I prefer a vape session not a coughing fit. If i'm using a coil dab pen my fav being quartz atomizer and coils -i'll stick shatter to atomizer wall, load around the coil, and vape by conduction -not combustion. the oil vapes off wall in perfect layers giving you perfect hits till the end. tossing my dabs blindly on top of a coil is sloppy to me.

if i'm using runny c02 not shatter, i'll use a coil that sits high in atomizer so co2 will drip down into atomizer away from coil allowing inner atomizer to vaporize.

ceramic donuts are good, ceramic atomizers without a donut -just a bucket is even better.

if youre running in standard power mode yes.

if youre running a coil in temp control there is no torching of terpenes and the hits taste as good as a dab. this is not combustion.

can you post pics of how you load oil to the walls of the atty and the coil actually vapes it?

2clicker,

hippy tribe

i Would consider these images a proper load, I do use low temperature batteries on my coils.. taste is always a lot sharper and last longer whenever i load this way. i assume since you are not heating the entire mass close to the coil at the same time, terpenenes trapped within the shatter will vape off more slowly preserving great taste till the end. If i could find a pen with a very sturdy vertical quartz coil and a quartz atomizer bucket i would be in love.

ring around the rosey

http://imgur.com/a/8JIam

8JIam

Last edited:
hippy tribe,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
i Would consider these images a proper load, I do use low temperature batteries on my coils.. taste is always a lot sharper and last longer whenever i load this way. i assume since you are not heating the entire mass close to the coil at the same time, terpenenes trapped within the shatter will vape off more slowly preserving great taste till the end. If i could find a pen with a very sturdy vertical quartz coil and a quartz atomizer bucket i would be in love.

ring around the rosey

http://imgur.com/a/8JIam

8JIam

ok i gotcha.

why not get the quartz rod and bucket and make your own coil? put it into an RDA and youve got what you want. and can rebuild it whenever you feel its necessary.

queenx0bee

joyetech is probably one of the best vape mods/atomizers I've ever used. What I've also found out is that joyetech is the parent company for eleaf and I believe wismic(don't quote me on the wismic). So if you want to use one thing for another then you're in the right league! I've found the best place to go for these products are slamvape.com, zoombavapors.com, or vapesupplycenter.com!

queenx0bee,

StickyShisha2

i'm still loving my iStick Pico using its temp control settings to power a Divine Tribe v2.5

i put away my DT v3, the 2.5 works much better for me.

StickyShisha2,

Monsoon

I was so surprised it took 3 pages for this to come up.

Undisputed king to me
IMG_8049_large.jpg

This is a good representation of the coils, the ceramics give you great flavor. The kanthal one shown here gives you huge clouds

The site mentioned also offers an SS coil that allows very fine temp control.

This thing will allow hits with dab density if you use it properly.

And new coils and accessories release for it all the time, there is a rig adaptor and a full ceramic donut is coming soon.
I'm surprised too the Saionara doesn't get more love here on FC, seems like most of their fanbase is on reddit along with the manufacturer.

Anyway I got one last week to try and this is the first vape pen I've tried that I actually liked and can see myself using regularly. I got 7 different coils to try and my hands down favourite is the SS316l wrapped around black ceramic on temp control using my DNA200 mod. TC means no overheating or harshness and I can take long draws without the flavour going bad until the very end. The airflow is great, I don't need to draw too hard and I find I get as medicated from a few short draws as I do from a regular dab. It also has a built in splashguard to keep hot wax from shooting into your mouth and the unit is solid steel so it won't break without effort.

With using temp control, reclaim and un-vaped wax can build up quickly since it doesn't burn off but it means it's easier to get it cleaned to like new condition. I just toss the coils in a ziplock with ISO and place in a hot water bath in the ultrasonic cleaner for 15 minutes and they look brand new. So I'm planning on getting 5-6 coils to keep on me and then just swap them out as they get dirty as well as to keep some preloaded.

mixchu69

I'm surprised too the Saionara doesn't get more love here on FC, seems like most of their fanbase is on reddit along with the manufacturer.

Anyway I got one last week to try and this is the first vape pen I've tried that I actually liked and can see myself using regularly. I got 7 different coils to try and my hands down favourite is the SS316l wrapped around black ceramic on temp control using my DNA200 mod. TC means no overheating or harshness and I can take long draws without the flavour going bad until the very end. The airflow is great, I don't need to draw too hard and I find I get as medicated from a few short draws as I do from a regular dab. It also has a built in splashguard to keep hot wax from shooting into your mouth and the unit is solid steel so it won't break without effort.

With using temp control, reclaim and un-vaped wax can build up quickly since it doesn't burn off but it means it's easier to get it cleaned to like new condition. I just toss the coils in a ziplock with ISO and place in a hot water bath in the ultrasonic cleaner for 15 minutes and they look brand new. So I'm planning on getting 5-6 coils to keep on me and then just swap them out as they get dirty as well as to keep some preloaded.
Looking for the ss316 coil u are talking about. Do you have a link?
Been using the AC v2 from w9. Like it but interested in trying these beefier coils. Thanks

mixchu69,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I've been curious about the Sai, waiting for the donut and dual coils to release before I jump on board though. Although the dual coils concern me that they might eat wax like crazy.

invertedisdead,

Monsoon

Looking for the ss316 coil u are talking about. Do you have a link?
Been using the AC v2 from w9. Like it but interested in trying these beefier coils. Thanks
I got them from here, prices are in Canadian.

I think there's room for improvement in the design to allow for better wicking and airflow, but they seem to be working on that so it'll be cool to see what comes out in the future. One thing I don't like about it is if I don't get the oil right on or touching the coil, it doesn't seem to vaporize fully. Also the airhole is on the bottom, doesn't seem to leak but does get constricted sometimes.

Last edited:
Monsoon,
Reactions: mixchu69

zeebudz

EDITED

I currently use my Arizer Air for dry herb and will pancake a piece of shatter or muddle wax into the herb. However, I would be interested in purchasing a concentrate exclusive pen.

(snip)

Hey Twisted, what is muddle wax?

zeebudz,
Top Bottom