Thinking of buying a vaporizer...Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

leefer1080

Ok so I'm looking for a more healthy, efficient way to take my medicine. I don't have the money to spend on a volcano. However, I do think I can afford around 160 and was thinking about Da Buddha. My questions are, how much more efficient would you say this vaporizer will be when compared to smoking herb. I have read about vaporizers producing a cleaner, more energetic high. This isnt to say that all weeds are going to produce this effect, correct? I mean if I'm smoking a heavy indica before bed, its still going to have that downer effect? Which vaporizer do you think would be the best choice and deal for me? Note, I am mostly concerned about efficiency and value for 160 or under. Anything else you think I may need to know or be aware of, I'm all ears

modnote: Thread moved. Question threads belong in the Ask FC forum.

leefer1080,

aero18

vaporist
The Da Buddha has been increased to $190. I've seen some find them for $160 still though.

As for the efficiency: It really is sort of speculative on my part since I haven't been able to use the DBV for several months now and have only smoked about a dozen times in my life, but when I had it, I'd say that I used about 1/4-1/8 of what I smoked.

Also, consider the MyrtleZap, which is $145 shipped. Its design allows it to be the most efficient on the market.

If you are looking for a higher temp to reach the 'stoney' cannabinoids, you can also add $10 to your order and have the 13.5 volt adapter come included with your 12 volt adapter.

On a general note, vaporizers do produce a cleaner and more energetic high. However, if you heat your herbs up more, some of the stoney feeling can be achieved (good for a good snooze as you said). I've found that the distinguishing features, aside from the taste of the vapor, is not as discrete as it is with smoking. Indica's will feel like a sativa if you are used to smoking when you vaporize the indica.

aero18,

max

Out to lunch
I don't have the money to spend on a volcano.
Good. It's an unnecesary expense IMO. ;)

how much more efficient would you say this vaporizer will be when compared to smoking herb.
MOST people find that ANY vape stretches their supply. Some will use half as much. Some even less. Some don't notice a big difference. It depends on different factors-like how much you were smoking and from what. As an extreme example, I know a guy who was burning through a lot of herb with bong use. He wanted to use less, so I loaned him a Purple-Days vape, which has a tiny bowl, but will deliver multiple, decent hits. He took to it right away and cut his consumption dramatically. With this vape, after a bowl or three, you're likely to say to yourself, 'I'm good for now', and just not load another for a while. Load a bowl on a full size whip vape like the DBV, and you'll normally have a lot more loaded than you can get in a PD/MZ bowl (.025-.05g). You're also likely to take considerably bigger hits than you can get from a PD. On the plus side, a couple of good sized DBV hits are likely to get you pretty blasted. OTOH, taking bigger hits than you can effectively process (huge vapor exhales), isn't efficient use of your supply. It's fun though. So, a vape like the PD is great for measured dosing, while a full sized whip vape like the DBV is harder to be efficient with. You certainly can load small amounts in a big bowl and take smaller, more manageable hits. It just isn't quite as enjoyable, used that way. It's like driving a sports car with fuel efficiency as your priority.

I have read about vaporizers producing a cleaner, more energetic high.
Because at low-medium temps you miss out on the toxic, couchlock inducing compounds you get at high temps and much more so with combustion. The strain you're using still makes a difference, but there's still a clear difference between the smoke and vapor high.

I mean if I'm smoking a heavy indica before bed, its still going to have that downer effect?
You mean vaping before bed? Personally, I've found that I can stay up late more easily by vaporizing, or vape a bowl of whatever strain, and get to sleep just fine. I don't recall hearing any complaints like 'vapor keeps me from getting to sleep'.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom