Thinking back, bongs kinda "ruined" the high I used to experience...

Yukon Cornelius

-WARNING: LONG POST-

I use the term "ruined" VERY VERY lightly, for lack of a better word.

Anyway, I realize tolerance is a normal thing, and a somewhat disappointing consequence related to heavy MJ use, but here recently I've come to realize that my enjoyment of being high started going downhill after the purchase of my first bong.

Back story:

I've been getting high for around 2 years off and on. Around May of this year(when I purchased my bong), I really started consuming a lot of herb. I started to notice that the high wasn't as intense as a couple months prior.

Keep in mind, I only have access to some fairly decent mids around here. Dank stuff rarely comes around. Around November of 08, I purchased my first bowl. A small, cheap metal bowl for $8; the cheapest one at the head shop. At that point in time, if I smoked ONLY one bowl of some mids, I would be good for 4 hours or longer. My heart would literally be beating out of my chest. It felt as if my heart was leaking blood :lol: and I would be tripping pretty good. Simply put, I was STONED :ko:, off of a small bowl of some regular weed. Needless to say, it was GREAT. A dime could easily last me two weeks smoking maybe 2-4 times a week. This lasted up until around April-May when I started building a small tolerance, which led to me to get the bong; the coupe de grace of my once almost non-existent tolerance, if you will.

That being said, I believe the bong allowed me to consume a lot more weed, and while it did get me baked for a good while, eventually my enjoyment of smoking declined. See, that small metal bowl I used would deliver some very harsh hits, and being metal, it would get very hot to the touch, so after one bowl, my lungs would be on fire basically, not able to really handle anymore smoke. I would be satisfyingly high though.

Once I got the bong, naturally my lungs could handle a lot more smoke/hits, thus, allowing me to smoke more, and get higher (for a little while).

So, for the past 5-6 months, I have been smoking quite heavily(almost every day) out of the bong, and my tolerance has taken a huge toll as well. I could easily go through a half-ounce in 3 days. Here recently(back in Sept.), I was introduced to the world of vaporization, which I thoroughly enjoy BTW. I decided to purchase a vaporizer to combat this newly attained tolerance, so I bought the DBV, which is great. It didn't really help my tolerance though. I must say I have converted to vaping almost completely, I love it's benefits, but my tolerance still suffers. It still takes a lot of bud to get me where I used to be(ONE BOWL :mad:), if at all.

So, here I am now on a t-break, waiting for my PD to arrive sometime around Dec. Hopefully my tolerance will recover somewhat over the break and I will be able to enjoy the PD to the fullest extent.

Maybe if I would have stuck with that little bowl and decreased my use a little, I might be able to enjoy it like did months ago. Just a thought...

This forces me to ask, are bongs really all they are cracked up to be? I'm not against bongs whatsoever, but this is something to think about when compared to smoking regular bowls/joints/blunts. They really can put a dent in your tolerance by allowing you to consume more. I realize this certainly doesn't apply to everyone, especially to those who regularly use high quality herb.

Just a little reflection of my habits as they progressed throughout the past year, take out of it what you will...:rolleyes::2c:

On an unrelated note, why do I always have to enter my credentials twice into FC twice before it actually says I'm logged in? I'm fairly new to the forum, so i'm still trying to learn the ropes of it. Would it be something to do with my cookies/ browser settings? I don't have to do this on any other site/forum, though...

Thank yeh!

Yukon Cornelius,

CrazyCracker

Im someone who regularly smokes high quality herb and its still an issue. Its the nature of the beast. A small or medium bubbler might be a good midway between pipes and bongs for you. I hate pipes personally, direct path for ash/resin to jump into your lungs. To me, water filtration is worth the loss in efficacy/keeping tolerance low.

Joints and Blunts dont really compare if you want to make your bag last.

CrazyCracker,

Yukon Cornelius

Thanks for the suggestion. I might look into getting a bubbler one day, but luckily I have a PD coming soon so it should change things up...hopefully.

I, on the other hand, would gladly trade my current tolerance in to be stuck with the metal bowl and it's unhealthiness, if I could just get that high again. I'm still young...:lol:

Yukon Cornelius,

Frickr

im with you too, i wish i could get as high as i once did, but havent been able to no matter how much i smoke. editables are as close as i can come and even t hen its still nowhere near. i think after a certain period of time, your brain adjusts to the chemicals. the receptors become less and less stimulated, and you as a person become use to being high.

just like when you are in a new situation with a high that is your normal, the new situation stimulates the high a little. making you feel as though your more stoned then you thought you were.

i actually find with myself, that my tollerane builds faster with a vape then while smoking. after vaping for a while and if i go and smoke with some friends, i find that i hardly get stoned at all off of an amount that would normally have me up and flying.

my advice is instead of smoking more to achive the same results, try smoking the same amount, even if you dont get as stoned, keep doing it till your tollerance adjusts to the smaller amounts (pinchies are your friend here, which is why the pd is so great) you will find you will adjust to the smaller amounts, and when you do go out and smoke a larger amount of grass, you will find you will reach alot higher of a level then if you kept increasing your smoking.

Frickr,

Yukon Cornelius

im with you too, i wish i could get as high as i once did, but havent been able to no matter how much i smoke. editables are as close as i can come and even t hen its still nowhere near. i think after a certain period of time, your brain adjusts to the chemicals. the receptors become less and less stimulated, and you as a person become use to being high.

just like when you are in a new situation with a high that is your normal, the new situation stimulates the high a little. making you feel as though your more stoned then you thought you were.

i actually find with myself, that my tollerane builds faster with a vape then while smoking. after vaping for a while and if i go and smoke with some friends, i find that i hardly get stoned at all off of an amount that would normally have me up and flying.

my advice is instead of smoking more to achive the same results, try smoking the same amount, even if you dont get as stoned, keep doing it till your tollerance adjusts to the smaller amounts (pinchies are your friend here, which is why the pd is so great) you will find you will adjust to the smaller amounts, and when you do go out and smoke a larger amount of grass, you will find you will reach alot higher of a level then if you kept increasing your smoking.
That's a good idea, I need some sort of system in place to limit myself. I should probably do that and cut down on my usage and maybe I will notice a significant change. I need to do something soon because I every time I buy bud, I start to regret afterward. And that DEFINITELY shouldn't be the case.

As with anything...moderation is key, but I admit it's hard to pass up the temptation to get high especially when you have nothing better to do. Which reminds me, maybe I should find some new hobbies...

Yukon Cornelius,

Qbit

cannabanana
If you wake-and-bake and then puff all day for two or three days, you'll get to a stage where you'll barely feel it anymore. But if you stop for a few days, you'll lose almost all of your tolerance, and you'll be back to the one-bowl wonders.

Bit by bit you'll figure out a usage pattern that suits your style and budget.

Qbit,

masejl12

Qbit said:
If you wake-and-bake and then puff all day for two or three days, you'll get to a stage where you'll barely feel it anymore. But if you stop for a few days, you'll lose almost all of your tolerance, and you'll be back to the one-bowl wonders.
That must be just you because I wake and bake almost every day and use throughout everyday and yeah I notice my tolerance building a bit here and there but I can assure you that everyday at wake and bake time I get totally lit every time. :D

masejl12,

Beezleb

I judge my tolerance on how much I am using otherwise it seems to be an overly thought out kind of issue for me.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
You're never, ever going to get high again like when you first strted smoking. It's just not gonna happen. I remember the days to. Back in my freshmen year of highschool giggling my ass off making a fool of myself. 5 years later it just doesn't happen anymore.

Actually, my first time vaping large amounts was a lot like my first time smoking, I was giggling like crazy, could hardly control myself.

bluntfaced,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
bluntfaced said:
You're never, ever going to get high again like when you first strted smoking. It's just not gonna happen. I remember the days to. Back in my freshmen year of highschool giggling my ass off making a fool of myself. 5 years later it just doesn't happen anymore.

Actually, my first time vaping large amounts was a lot like my first time smoking, I was giggling like crazy, could hardly control myself.
I've only been able to recreate my first high like experiences twice. First was with this one strain I've never had before which was called Green Crack. I've only ever seen it come in once and I bought an oz of it after trying my first 1/8th.

The second time was when I rolled a 14 g superblunt in the middle of the forest with some friends.

quomist,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Damn 14 grams that's not fuckin around, what did you roll with?

One time me and 4 homies rolled a 7.5 gram blunt with two swisher XLs, after smoking it I was so ridiculously high that I didn't even feel high anymore. No giggling or anything like that just extremely dazed. Sould have smoked it in the forest....

bluntfaced,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Probably not something you want to do, but... you CAN get high again "like you used to" if you quit for months at a time. I've been smoking (now vaping) since 1970 off and on, and over that time I have quit for years at a time, and months at a time, and believe me, if you quit for a long time you WILL get rid or your tolerance and get very very high on a tiny amount again. I do think it's a very good idea to quit for at least a week or so every so often. This would be hard to do if you "have nothing to do" but if you have a normal busy life, like most folks, you should be able to quit and hardly miss it. You might miss it more if you're a "wake and bake" type but otherwise one nice thing about marijuana is that you can quit pretty easy if you decide to.

MoeOnTheMoon,

masejl12

The only way for me to get the goofy high is for me to take like a 3 month tolerance break. Now recently I had some hash and holy shit I was stoned like no other off of one hit, I don't know if it was because A.) I hadn't combusted in a long time or B.) cuz its freakin hash. But the one hit of hash feeling reminded me of my high school days when I was smoking blunts for the first time.

masejl12,

Qbit

cannabanana
masejl12 said:
That must be just you because I wake and bake almost every day and use throughout everyday and yeah I notice my tolerance building a bit here and there but I can assure you that everyday at wake and bake time I get totally lit every time. :D
Well yeah sure, you'll feel it when you wake-and-bake, but it's the rest of the day I was talking about. I just don't really get into that evening feeling when you're pumping the herb for little or no reward.

Qbit,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
If you want to lower you tolerance without quitting just hold of smoking until as late in the day as you can. Dis mon speeks da truff

bluntfaced,
You should get some hobbies, they are important anywhere, but especially here in Alaska. Without hobbies I would go crazy in the cold darkness of December.
Here is one suggestion: invent your own rugged, portable vaporizer and call it the Alaskan Wilderness Vaporizer :lol:
Actually I should do that... I'll see you guys later, I've got work to do ;)

Orange Hairy Mist,

masejl12

Qbit said:
Well yeah sure, you'll feel it when you wake-and-bake, but it's the rest of the day I was talking about. I just don't really get into that evening feeling when you're pumping the herb for little or no reward.
Yeah I hear ya, thats the worst. I find if you have a few different strains that you can get around that barrier, start off with one kind in the morning, a different in the afternoon, and another at night. Works for me for the most part.

masejl12,

Qbit

cannabanana
masejl12 said:
Yeah I hear ya, thats the worst. I find if you have a few different strains that you can get around that barrier, start off with one kind in the morning, a different in the afternoon, and another at night. Works for me for the most part.
Yeah that's a good way to do it. I've been meaning to find some decent weed of other strains. My normal stuff is just lovely, but it's always the same.

If I super-trim my buds, though, I'll get a little trim which has a different mix of cannabinoids than the bud. Weaker (so I use more), but more sedative effect, so it's like a night-time strain.

Qbit,

ClemsonVapor489

My dad always said that his entire life was spent chasing that first high again (it sounds bad in print, he said it with a smile). Tolerance breaks help, but it's never going to be the "first" time again. Or even the first few times, when you were still exploring all of the things pot does, or more precisely, all of the things pot enhances.

Although I will echo others who have said they got really damn close with hash. Had a dab of hash in a bowl of mid-grade and couch-lock doesn't do it justice. My friend still claims it took him 15 minutes to convince me I was *capable* of getting up off the sofa. Not to actually DO it, just that I COULD.

Sadhappily I remember none of this.

ClemsonVapor489,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I've actually noticed whenever I vape the stuff I normally vape, if I vape a bowl of regular commercial quality stuff right after that bowl, it will actually put me a bit over the top into the land of giddy goofiness.
But I just chalk this up too mixing different strains.... the tiny bit of THC from the shwag is enough too tip my experience into something closer too my first time getting high.
actually any time I make a mixed salad bowl I tend too become "Euphorically Retarded"
for me, at least, any time I mix different strains, in one bowl, it hits me heavier than it would had I just done one strain

DevoTheStrange,

Yukon Cornelius

ClemsonVapor489 said:
My dad always said that his entire life was spent chasing that first high again (it sounds bad in print, he said it with a smile). Tolerance breaks help, but it's never going to be the "first" time again. Or even the first few times, when you were still exploring all of the things pot does, or more precisely, all of the things pot enhances.

Although I will echo others who have said they got really damn close with hash. Had a dab of hash in a bowl of mid-grade and couch-lock doesn't do it justice. My friend still claims it took him 15 minutes to convince me I was *capable* of getting up off the sofa. Not to actually DO it, just that I COULD.

Sadhappily I remember none of this.
Yeah, that first high is like the holy grail. You never realize how awesome it actually is until you build a tolerance. And just thinking about the amount of weed that could fuck you up back then just amazes you...compared to now.

Wish I could find or make some good hash. I've got pretty damn high off of bho I made, but it turned out looking more like QWISO hash to me, not "honey" at all, no liquidity whatsoever. Still a noob at bho though, so hopefully I will make some nice honey one day.

haha, I miss those days when I had those ridiculous high situations.

Oh yeah, are you from SC as well man? I noticed your username had Clemson in it, so I figured you might live around here or go to school there, or just a fan?

Yukon Cornelius,

luchiano

What you want to do is exercise daily specifically doing hand exercises such as using a gyroscope and aerobics.

The gyroscope causes your hands to build up speed and strength but most importantly is gets blood going to the frontal lobes which is what gives us a good high every time we take psychoactive chemicals. If you smoke a lot you really want to exercise because if you don't you blood flow to your frontal lobes will be less as time goes on meaning less of a high.

Aerobics is needed because it helps increase your metabolism which is what's needed so the cannabis' chemicals will release a lot of chemicals in the brain and body when it attaches to the receptors. This is what gets us high.

If you want even more of a high you can use a lip trainer along with the hand and aerobic exercises because it also gets blood going to the frontal lobes efficiently.

Also, you want to do aerobics right after you do the hand and mouth exercises not a few hours later.

If you exercise and vaporize/eat you will get a nice high each time off of less herb because your brain if flooded with fresh blood daily which means more receptors and chemicals to be released but you still need to eat whole foods to get the best effects, you can't just exercise and not expect excellent results. Eat 1. hours before and up to 1.5 hours after you workout.

Hand/wrist exercisers:
http://www.nsdball.com/(powerball)
http://dynaflexpro.com/(powerball)

Lip trainer:
http://liptrainer.com/
http://www.liptrainer-patakara.com/index.html

luchiano,

albe

concur with the above post... have noticed the 'exercise effect' myself with bike riding, then getting high afterwards. Even better now that vaping has helped my lungs significantly even in just a few months.

didn't realise the differences with varying types of exercise though

albe,

Xero

I love the 2 powerballs i got from nsdball. They recently sent me a whole new shell for free.

Xero,
Top Bottom